PDA

View Full Version : Drama Room

Socks
March 30th, 2018, 09:45 AM
The funding has been cut, all that's left of the beloved drama classes and club is the room they all once took place in. Nothing but a quiet black box theatre and dusty changing room missing those old homemade costumes. The school's large stage, which used to be always covered in colourful sets, was now only used for classical band performances.
But some students just can't say goodbye.

No longer having a teacher, some students decide it is their duty to continue the drama tradition they had grown to love. They're allowed the keys to the place every day after school and all day on the weekends. They can put on plays and musicals but aren't allowed any funding from the school, they must find a way to fund their own shows.
At the end of the year, if they have successfully put on multiple, professional-looking shows with good reviews, then drama class is back, if not, goodbye drama club forever.

Now, all they need to get started is some worthy members.

[Sign-ups (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=487622#post487622)]
The club is always accepting new members!

September 1st, Week One of School
41 Weeks Until Graduation

'New' Drama Club Members
(Actors, Vocal Ensemble, Backstage Workers, Anyone who would want to work in a show or club)
Melody(Anne-Marie Hummel)-18, Director, Accompaniment [Me]
Tink(Kristopher Best)-16, Actor [Me]
Jo(Josi Tenner)-12, Tech Crew, Soundboard [Me]
Merida(Adriana McBlain)-16, Actress, Choir [Rubinaito]
Cari(Carina Serpey)-13, Actress, Choir [CinnamonCookie]
Messi(Victoria Celine Aquila)-15, Set Design [Ninjasinsocks]
Mixer(Kira Nirako)-14, Stagehand [Dark blossom]
Cass(Cassady Brooks)-15, Actress [Lonestar23]
Zach(Zachary North)-15, Costume/Set Designer [Lonestar23]
Princess(Harper Royal)-17, Stage Manager [Lonestar23]
Glenny(Glenn Hunter)-17, Actor [Lonestar23]

Current Play
--

Current Budget
25$

Socks
April 6th, 2018, 07:29 PM
The school was silent, most of the lights had not yet been turned on. The lunch room was full of folded up tables and more clean than it would ever be in the near future. Only a few cars were parked in the parking lot, rightfully so, who would want to be in school before it even started. One room at the end of the west hall had its lights on, with musical instrumentals playing quietly from an old stereo that had previously been the storage closet.
Anne-Marie stood in the middle of the black box, in front of her were four raised rows of fold-out chairs that she had set up in the hour previously. Attached to her jeans were the ring of keys the principal had trusted her with. It was 11 AM, Saturday, September 1st, the weekend before the first day of school. She'd sent out an email to everyone he knew, posted everywhere she knew to get members to come. By the door was an old wooden table holding as many off-brand cupcakes she could buy with her summer job money and one jug of pink lemonade. She needed to bring people in, for the sake of the drama department. She had grown up with the drama department, been included in it since the first day of 6th grade and now she was in charge of keeping it from leaving forever.
It felt so weird being in the room alone, she'd always had the drama teacher, Susan, with her here before and it was all so overwhelming. The most she had done before was work as the student director, but now she was in charge of everything. Her nerves were running wild, there was no way she could do this, she would fail and she knew it. Without the professionals the school had paid to run this department, it would be madness, noone was going to listen to a fellow student no matter her position even if she was technically an adult in society's eyes. They’d get mad and her decisions, they’d all quit or go to the principal and tell him how horrible Anne-Marie was at her job and get the whole thing shut down. What she needed right now was her friends, long time members of the drama club that she trusted to calm her down and stay by her side through this all, the friends who called her Melody or teased her by calling her Annie, but she didn’t know if any of them would show up. She might be all alone in this and she wasn’t quite sure she was completely ready.
She let out a deep breath before plastering the biggest, fakest smile she could and waiting for new and old faces to enter the room.

rubinaito
April 6th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Adriana flounced into the room, her eyes lighting up as she looked around the familiar space. Passing by the table, she picked up one of the cupcakes and bit into the frosting, humming happily as she began eating the treat. “Hi Melody~” She sang out, spinning on her heel to look directly at her friend. Her red curls were floating freely like a fiery cloud around her pale, freckled face. She wore a green flannel shirt and jeans, the tips of steel-toed boots poking out from underneath the wide brims of her boot-cut pants. She took a seat, finishing off the cupcake with a couple more bites and tossing the wrapper in the trash bin by the table. “How are you doing? I’m doing great, personally- just got back from the ranch, and I brought back a Clydsedale foal from Scotland over the summer. She’s a pretty little thing, already growing into her hooves. We named her Aspen, since her coat looks like an Aspen tree’s bark. We were told she’s a purebred but the coloring makes it obvious her mum bred with a Knabstrupper.” Adriana rambled on, very excited to fill her friend in on the excitements of her summer vacation. “I should bring you to Scotland with me one of these trips. It’s beautiful and just filled with the fae folk.” Adriana was a little quirky, and had recently taken an interest in Paganism- specifically Celtic Polytheism.

.:Virgo:.
April 6th, 2018, 08:34 PM
The school was silent, most of the lights had not yet been turned on. The lunch room was full of folded up tables and more clean than it would ever be in the near future. Only a few cars were parked in the parking lot, rightfully so, who would want to be in school before it even started. One room at the end of the west hall had its lights on, with musical instrumentals playing quietly from an old stereo that had previously been the storage closet.
Anne-Marie stood in the middle of the black box, in front of her were four raised rows of fold-out chairs that she had set up in the hour previously. Attached to her jeans were the ring of keys the principal had trusted her with. It was 11 AM, Saturday, September 1st, the weekend before the first day of school. She'd sent out an email to everyone he knew, posted everywhere she knew to get members to come. By the door was an old wooden table holding as many off-brand cupcakes she could buy with her summer job money and one jug of pink lemonade. She needed to bring people in, for the sake of the drama department. She had grown up with the drama department, been included in it since the first day of 6th grade and now she was in charge of keeping it from leaving forever.
It felt so weird being in the room alone, she'd always had the drama teacher, Susan, with her here before and it was all so overwhelming. The most she had done before was work as the student director, but now she was in charge of everything. Her nerves were running wild, there was no way she could do this, she would fail and she knew it. Without the professionals the school had paid to run this department, it would be madness, noone was going to listen to a fellow student no matter her position even if she was technically an adult in society's eyes. They’d get mad and her decisions, they’d all quit or go to the principal and tell him how horrible Anne-Marie was at her job and get the whole thing shut down. What she needed right now was her friends, long time members of the drama club that she trusted to calm her down and stay by her side through this all, the friends who called her Melody or teased her by calling her Annie, but she didn’t know if any of them would show up. She might be all alone in this and she wasn’t quite sure she was completely ready.
She let out a deep breath before plastering the biggest, fakest smile she could and waiting for new and old faces to enter the room.

Mixer creeped into the room like a shadow but immediately somehow got up to the rafters from a ladder and started wiring lights in, putting up speakers, and started setting up her desk, which would earn her her nickname, Mixer. Lets see, we could do Hairspray (actually a play i saw my brother preform in as the lead male character), Alice in wonderland,.... her thoughts trailed off as she typed up complex computer code, trying to connect with the outdated projectors hanging from the ceiling. "Darn need the wires to be updated, how long has these been around?" she thought aloud as she set the ladder beneath it and checked, "Good Glaux an butter! These things are dinosaurs." (P.S. she has a southern accent)

Socks
April 6th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Adriana flounced into the room, her eyes lighting up as she looked around the familiar space. Passing by the table, she picked up one of the cupcakes and bit into the frosting, humming happily as she began eating the treat. “Hi Melody~” She sang out, spinning on her heel to look directly at her friend. Her red curls were floating freely like a fiery cloud around her pale, freckled face. She wore a green flannel shirt and jeans, the tips of steel-toed boots poking out from underneath the wide brims of her boot-cut pants. She took a seat, finishing off the cupcake with a couple more bites and tossing the wrapper in the trash bin by the table. “How are you doing? I’m doing great, personally- just got back from the ranch, and I brought back a Clydsedale foal from Scotland over the summer. She’s a pretty little thing, already growing into her hooves. We named her Aspen, since her coat looks like an Aspen tree’s bark. We were told she’s a purebred but the coloring makes it obvious her mum bred with a Knabstrupper.” Adriana rambled on, very excited to fill her friend in on the excitements of her summer vacation. “I should bring you to Scotland with me one of these trips. It’s beautiful and just filled with the fae folk.” Adriana was a little quirky, and had recently taken an interest in Paganism- specifically Celtic Polytheism.

Anne-Marie jumped the slightest bit when her friend greeted her, she had begun to space out staring at the door and hadn't even noticed her arrival. She let out a small laugh at Adriana’s tone and gave a wave. “Good morning, Meri!” While listening to the other, she took the time to flatten out her skirt, first impressions are the most important was Anne’s whole mindset dressing herself today, wearing some of her nicest summer clothes as the heat still lingered in the air. Her hair had taken the most work and she didn’t dare touch it in fear of messing it up, she taken an hour on the braiding alone, she even added more green dye to it the previous day to be positive that no brown roots were showing. “I’d love to go to Scotland with you! You describe it like a kid describing a theme park so I’m sure anyone would jump and the opportunity to visit with you.” Her fake smile eased, turning into a more genuine smirk of a smile. “I’m doing good, my summer was mostly working and summer reading, though, so not nearly as exciting.” While speaking she kept eyes on the door to be sure to greet anyone coming in.She didn’t want to seem rude, or like she was ignoring her friend so occasionally she did an awkward back and forth with her eyes between Adri and the door.

CinnamonCookie
April 6th, 2018, 09:39 PM
"Hi guys! How are you? Man this summer was hot. How did everyone's summer go? Great I'm betting! I just got back from a whole lotta kick-boxing training through the summer." Carina Serpay called as she threw open the door and ran down to the stage. She paused halfway there at a table full of treats. "Oooh! Cupcakes~!" She picked up a white cupcake, peeled the paper back, and bit into it, relishing the taste. "Mmm." She hummed in appreciation. "Yum! Who made these?" She asked as she finished the cupcake quickly and threw the wrapper away. The dim lighting shone on her hair as she brushed her panda sweater of any leftover crumbs.

Socks
April 6th, 2018, 09:49 PM
[open]
Kris walked slowly into the room, his shoes clicking on the wood floors and echoing through the black box. The room was made to have excellent acoustics and Kris had always liked when it was quiet enough to hear shoes clicking. He was smiling slightly and his makeup was more festive than normal days, considering of sparkling blush which reflected rainbows in the light along with all his many piercings. Today he wore ripped up skinny jeans and a black band t-shirt with his usual grey beanie. His hair had been cut earlier that morning, causing him to constantly want to touch his own hair. In his hands were four tall Starbucks cups, one with ice and the other three steaming. The iced drink was his, it was labelled a ‘refresher’ and had strawberries floating in with the ice. The other three was his usual order from when the department hadn’t been shut down, his friend's favourite teas and coffees chocked full of caffeine to keep the teenagers awake through the boring days and long rehearsals. “I’ve arrived.” He almost shouted, his voice bouncing on the black walls ensuring that every present member heard his too-high-pitched-boy-voice words. After dropping his bags by the door he and the drinks went to sit in a seat.

[open]
Josi pretty much skipped into the room, the parts of her hair that weren’t tied up in a bun were bouncing with every movement she made. As always, her bright blue and green sweatpants clashed greatly with her hot pink marvel t-shirt. Her eyes scanned the room, only spotting some older, high school kids which made her decide to just hang out at the food table until someone who was in junior high like her came along. Her eyes instantly found the cupcakes, her favourite. She stared at them, having a silent mental battle about whether or not to take one. On one hand, she had already eaten a big breakfast an hour earlier while on the other cupcakes were possibly her favourite dessert and the idea of having one as breakfast excited her. After about a minute of staring and her mouth watering, she quickly grabbed one from the middle and bit into it, getting frosting spread across her nose.

Ninjasinsocks
April 6th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Victoria stepped into the school, her short blonde hair dyed a new crimson red. Her pale brown eyes glanced around the school her mother had taught in, a school she grew up in. And an email brought her back early? of all things, the school cut the budget for Drama! The school's pride and joy! Or at least in Victoria's eyes, it was. Her large heels clicked against the freshly laminated tiles of the school floor, her bangle bracelets shook with every movement causing a soft jingle. Her skirt swayed with her steps and the short sleeves shirt she wore that read 'Drama Queen' in cursive perfectly matched her small bit overdone makeup. As she neared the room she loved her breath slowed, she opened the door, taking a deep breath and held out a check to Anne.
"Queen Victoria has arrived with money! Annie, my sweet girl. Take some. It's about $500, all I could muster out of my father. Summer seemed so long! I missed all of you so much, I went to Disney again, then back to Cabo and this year we went to the Carribean! I'll have to take some of you next time! We're doing a private cruise!"
Victoria gushed, her perfectly aligned white teeth smiling behind Invisalign, "Oh, I haven't done that in years! Anyway, I deeply missed all of you- Cupcakes!!"

lone
April 7th, 2018, 01:56 PM
[open]
Kris walked slowly into the room, his shoes clicking on the wood floors and echoing through the black box. The room was made to have excellent acoustics and Kris had always liked when it was quiet enough to hear shoes clicking. He was smiling slightly and his makeup was more festive than normal days, considering of sparkling blush which reflected rainbows in the light along with all his many piercings. Today he wore ripped up skinny jeans and a black band t-shirt with his usual grey beanie. His hair had been cut earlier that morning, causing him to constantly want to touch his own hair. In his hands were four tall Starbucks cups, one with ice and the other three steaming. The iced drink was his, it was labelled a ‘refresher’ and had strawberries floating in with the ice. The other three was his usual order from when the department hadn’t been shut down, his friend's favourite teas and coffees chocked full of caffeine to keep the teenagers awake through the boring days and long rehearsals. “I’ve arrived.” He almost shouted, his voice bouncing on the black walls ensuring that every present member heard his too-high-pitched-boy-voice words. After dropping his bags by the door he and the drinks went to sit in a seat.

[open]
Josi pretty much skipped into the room, the parts of her hair that weren’t tied up in a bun were bouncing with every movement she made. As always, her bright blue and green sweatpants clashed greatly with her hot pink marvel t-shirt. Her eyes scanned the room, only spotting some older, high school kids which made her decide to just hang out at the food table until someone who was in junior high like her came along. Her eyes instantly found the cupcakes, her favourite. She stared at them, having a silent mental battle about whether or not to take one. On one hand, she had already eaten a big breakfast an hour earlier while on the other cupcakes were possibly her favourite dessert and the idea of having one as breakfast excited her. After about a minute of staring and her mouth watering, she quickly grabbed one from the middle and bit into it, getting frosting spread across her nose.
Cassady couldn’t believe that the drama budget had been cut. She loved it there! What if… what if they couldn’t keep it like this, either? She’d been a part of the theater program for as long as she’d been coming here, about four years, and she had loved every second of it. Hopefully things would take an uphill turn. Her long, dark hair was in her face at the moment - Cassady had taken it down in an attempt to look nicer that morning, but all it was doing was getting in her face and stuck in her mouth. Entering the room, the dark haired girl brushed her hair out of her face and gave a sunny smile to everyone present. ”Hey, guys!” Kris was the closest to her, so he was the first one she turned to talk to - of course, Cassady knew most, if not all of the people here, so she was pretty comfortable with talking to anyone. ”Good morning! How was your summer, was it awesome?” She asked, flashing her sunny smile at him as well before she dug around in her purse to find a dark rubberband. Her hair was driving her crazy - she knew she should have put it up before she came, but she’d barely had time to get ready for the day as it was! Her makeup wasn’t as perfect as it normally was - there was a shocking lack of lipstick on that morning, just enough to make her look… presentable. Pulling her hair up into a messy ponytail, Cassady could already tell that she hadn’t done too good with it - but oh well! At least it wouldn’t be in her face anymore. She would fix it later, and her makeup too.

Being back here felt odd, for Harper. Especially today. Fidgeting with the zipper on the pocket of her black leather jacket, Harper found comfort in pressing against the cards she found there. She stood outside the room for a little while, leaning against the wall and playing with the cards, practicing some basic card tricks and one of the newer ones she’d learned over the summer (it went well, much to her pleasure) before she was finally ready to enter. Ignoring the cupcakes, Harper leaned against the wall in the room as she had been doing outside of it, and pressed against the cards again. Things could be more in her control here. Things would be… safe, here. Harper was going to be fine, she already knew that. ”You’ve got something right there, Jo.” She pointed to her own nose, indicating where the frosting was on the younger girl’s. Harper had often wondered what it would be like to have a younger sister. Much like having Josi around all the time, she supposed. ”Hey, I learned a new card trick over the summer. Want to see?” Harper had, of course, learned more than a card trick. She’d learned several new tricks, and perfected them as closely as she could, performed them for her parents, and they’d even gotten to go on vacation that summer. Even the people at the hotel had been impressed. It was funny - when Harper was doing magic, she didn’t feel like herself. She felt like she was outside of any boundaries that had been set, because she could do… anything. And people would believe what they saw her do.
Victoria stepped into the school, her short blonde hair dyed a new crimson red. Her pale brown eyes glanced around the school her mother had taught in, a school she grew up in. And an email brought her back early? of all things, the school cut the budget for Drama! The school's pride and joy! Or at least in Victoria's eyes, it was. Her large heels clicked against the freshly laminated tiles of the school floor, her bangle bracelets shook with every movement causing a soft jingle. Her skirt swayed with her steps and the short sleeves shirt she wore that read 'Drama Queen' in cursive perfectly matched her small bit overdone makeup. As she neared the room she loved her breath slowed, she opened the door, taking a deep breath and held out a check to Anne.
"Queen Victoria has arrived with money! Annie, my sweet girl. Take some. It's about $500, all I could muster out of my father. Summer seemed so long! I missed all of you so much, I went to Disney again, then back to Cabo and this year we went to the Carribean! I'll have to take some of you next time! We're doing a private cruise!"
Victoria gushed, her perfectly aligned white teeth smiling behind Invisalign, "Oh, I haven't done that in years! Anyway, I deeply missed all of you- Cupcakes!!"
Glenn took a deep breath before he entered the room. He knew it might be a bad idea for him to come back. He hadn’t lost his temper here in quite some time - but he didn’t want anyone to be scared of him, either. Glenn was quite strong, and when he lashed out… he could really, really hurt someone. But I’ll be okay. I’ll be fine. The very people he had once made fun of, he was now a part of. And now they’d cut the budget? Glenn wished he could’ve fought harder against it, but he didn’t have as much influence anymore… all of his fair-weather friends had disappeared as soon as he’d had the accident. There was a slight limp left from it, but nothing too serious, and most of the time he fought to make it unnoticeable. Entering the room, the 17 year old boy gave a bright smile to everyone there. ”Good morning, everyone… hey, Victoria.” The girl was the closest to where he was standing, and her newly dyed hair had caught his attention. He’d never understood the point of doing that - Glenn would never want to change the color of his own hair. Now, if that had prevented the accident, maybe he would have wanted to… but there was nothing he could have done. Everyone seemed so happy this morning, it was surprising. Glenn was not a big morning person - so the fact that anybody could be had always surprised him.

With a painting tucked securely under his arm, and being very careful to enter the room as silently as possible, Zachary headed for the more abandoned side of the room. He grabbed a cupcake with his free hand as he passed the table, keeping his head down as he settled in another area. Coming from… well, his home, Zachary was used to working on the floor. It had become routine, normal, for him. Setting the painting facedown, Zachary sat with his back against the wall and took a bite out of the cupcake. Things like that were rare for him at home - he would have to save some for his youngest sister. She would be thrilled. If there were extras later, maybe he could take a couple home to distribute among the other members of his family. Taking one more bite of the baked good, Zachary searched through his bag for something to put the rest of it in - it might not be as good by the end of the day, but his sister would still enjoy it. All of his painting materials were in his bag, along with a few scraps of fabric and some old takeout containers. Zachary set the cupcake in one of these, putting it back in and pulling out a cheap watercolor paint set and an even cheaper paintbrush. He might not have good materials, but he was able to work some sort of wonders with them. Flipping the still face-down painting over, Zachary studied it for a minute. It was a blonde woman, smiling or laughing at something, holding a little girl with dark hair on her hip. Zachary hadn’t finished painting the background, nor the faces on the people yet - he was hoping to get that done today. It was a birthday gift for his Mom, but if he didn’t get it finished soon… her birthday would have come and gone without anything from him.

(open)

fresh
April 14th, 2018, 10:38 PM
A figure sprinted through the dark hallways, breathless and hoping she wasn't late. Alina Freeze- or "Freeze" as called by her peers- slammed through the door to the drama room, hearing the hinges creak. Not saying a word to the others in the room, she went straight for the organizer of the group and put her rusty metal mic container on the desk wordlessly. To others, she was a small, snarky little freshman, but this girl had the spirit of someone twice her age. "Applying for mics," she stated, opening up the container and showing her.

[ @Socks (if you're interested :0) ]

Ninjasinsocks
June 9th, 2018, 07:13 AM
A figure sprinted through the dark hallways, breathless and hoping she wasn't late. Alina Freeze- or "Freeze" as called by her peers- slammed through the door to the drama room, hearing the hinges creak. Not saying a word to the others in the room, she went straight for the organizer of the group and put her rusty metal mic container on the desk wordlessly. To others, she was a small, snarky little freshman, but this girl had the spirit of someone twice her age. "Applying for mics," she stated, opening up the container and showing her.

[ @Socks (if you're interested :0) ]

Victoria, or Messi, turned to the small freshman a small smile upon her lips. She stepped towards the girls' location and leaned on the wall nearby. As her eyes studied the rusty mic her blonde hair fell into her face, she pushed it back with her fingers that were painted blood red like her hair. Taking a moment to see if she'd be noticed, when she wasn't she coughed and then spoke up,

"Good morning to you too, Freeze. Haven't seen you since last year."

The blonde had a small snarky undertone, though she was close with Freeze since Victoria believed she was the only one who didn't mess everything up during shows or rehearsals. Her smile was soft and kind, her eyes were showing sass, however. Which was normal for the sophomore. Her plan was to work the hell out of the freshman this year, she had let her off during the school year a bit but it would change. They needed as much help as possible.

fresh
June 14th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Victoria, or Messi, turned to the small freshman a small smile upon her lips. She stepped towards the girls' location and leaned on the wall nearby. As her eyes studied the rusty mic her blonde hair fell into her face, she pushed it back with her fingers that were painted blood red like her hair. Taking a moment to see if she'd be noticed, when she wasn't she coughed and then spoke up,

"Good morning to you too, Freeze. Haven't seen you since last year."

The blonde had a small snarky undertone, though she was close with Freeze since Victoria believed she was the only one who didn't mess everything up during shows or rehearsals. Her smile was soft and kind, her eyes were showing sass, however. Which was normal for the sophomore. Her plan was to work the hell out of the freshman this year, she had let her off during the school year a bit but it would change. They needed as much help as possible.

Inwardly, the female felt an awkward tingle. She didn't expect to hear that voice in a long time. While waiting for the director of the group to look over her mic set, she turned to Messi with a smirk. "Long time no see," she responded smoothly, picking up a cupcake from the table next to her and biting into it subconsciously. "I see there are a lot less people here than last year. We're going to be able to sell some of my mics, then. Unless more people come later..." she broke off into her thoughts, thinking about the situation. Even if there was few people now, more could join later on, and she also might need them in future years. She could sell something else- her mics were dear to her, and she didn't know what she was thinking. "Nevermind. I'll get money another way." Freeze often contradicted her first ideas when being social, and it worked surprisingly well in the soundbooth. If she decided to just keep the song on mute (which was an accident), then she would tell herself, "No, it's worth it to turn it back on." Or something like that, anyways. It all depended on the scenario.