PDA

View Full Version : {Private} Nothing's As It Seems (Gravity Falls)

rubinaito
September 24th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Socks

So, I'm Dipper and you're Mabel. I believe the starter for this would be them arriving home to find their parents missing? Continuing off of that, perhaps Dipper and Mabel could look around the house to find clues to where they had gone, and we can decide where to go from there?

Despite the warm summer air, Dipper Pines felt a chill run down his spine. He adjusted his vest slightly, pulling it closer to his body as he gazed up at the quaint, two-story home he and Mabel had lived in their entire life. It seemed like a mansion now, after staying in the smaller, cramped shack for the entire summer- and it seemed colder, unwelcoming. Grabbing onto his suitcase and shifting his backpack, Dipper began walking up the steps and hesitated before knocking on the door. He glanced back at Mabel uncertainly, before raising his empty hand and knocking on the door. Strangely enough, as soon as his fist hit the painted wooden door, it creaked open as if it hadn't been shut, which was strange. Their slightly paranoid parents kept the door locked at all times, even when they were home, so the idea that it wasn't even shut was slightly disturbing. A blast of cool air escaped from the house, and the scent of dust and decay hung in the still, heavy air. Everything looked exactly as it had been when they left- only coated in dust. Dipper's Gameboy was still resting on the floor at a slightly crooked angle from when his father tossed it away from him as they left the house; the door to the study was still cracked slightly open, although the light inside had clearly been turned off. Not a single footprint disturbed the dust, and cobwebs seemed to cover all of the corners. "Mabel..." Dipper said slowly, pushing the door open all the way and stepping into the house for the first time in three months. "Something isn't right here."

Socks
September 24th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Socks

So, I'm Dipper and you're Mabel. I believe the starter for this would be them arriving home to find their parents missing? Continuing off of that, perhaps Dipper and Mabel could look around the house to find clues to where they had gone, and we can decide where to go from there?

Despite the warm summer air, Dipper Pines felt a chill run down his spine. He adjusted his vest slightly, pulling it closer to his body as he gazed up at the quaint, two-story home he and Mabel had lived in their entire life. It seemed like a mansion now, after staying in the smaller, cramped shack for the entire summer- and it seemed colder, unwelcoming. Grabbing onto his suitcase and shifting his backpack, Dipper began walking up the steps and hesitated before knocking on the door. He glanced back at Mabel uncertainly, before raising his empty hand and knocking on the door. Strangely enough, as soon as his fist hit the painted wooden door, it creaked open as if it hadn't been shut, which was strange. Their slightly paranoid parents kept the door locked at all times, even when they were home, so the idea that it wasn't even shut was slightly disturbing. A blast of cool air escaped from the house, and the scent of dust and decay hung in the still, heavy air. Everything looked exactly as it had been when they left- only coated in dust. Dipper's Gameboy was still resting on the floor at a slightly crooked angle from when his father tossed it away from him as they left the house; the door to the study was still cracked slightly open, although the light inside had clearly been turned off. Not a single footprint disturbed the dust, and cobwebs seemed to cover all of the corners. "Mabel..." Dipper said slowly, pushing the door open all the way and stepping into the house for the first time in three months. "Something isn't right here."
Sounds good, maybe they find some sort of message or something. Maybe it'd be written in ciphers so they have to decipher them. I've also got my journal on hand for inspiration.

Mabel was kicking her legs, looking intently out the window as they drove through their neighborhood, finally getting home after their long drive from Oregon. She had the same pout on her face as she had when they first left the quiet little town called Gravity Falls, sure she was happy to be home but she wished they didn't have to leave so soon. As the bus got closer to the house, her legs stopped swinging and her face fell slightly. She got that feeling, the one she got multiple times over the summer when something didn't seem right. It reminded her of what she called Bipper, Bill's mind in Dipper's body. Mabel had felt that creepy feeling around Bipper, his eyes and strange smile causing goosebumps, not to mention his hands as cold as if he were dead. She shook her head, they were behind that, they defeated Bill back in Gravity Falls! They were fine, she was just paranoid.
She happily followed Dipper off the bus when they reached the home she knew so well, the chipped paint around the front window and the hose rolled up among the flowers. The curtains were pulled closed, that was normal, but no light shone through the cracks between the pieces of fabric. That wasn't normal. It wasn't early, their parents should be up and about already with the lights on and food cooking. The feeling crept up from the back of her mind but she tried to ignore it. She watched as the door swung open and she felt cold, this was too strange. Everything was the same as she remembered it, nothing had changed at all except the abundance of dust. "What happened?" She asked, trying to keep her worriedness out of her tone. They were past all that freaky stuff, they were home, everything was normal again, right?

rubinaito
September 24th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Sounds good, maybe they find some sort of message or something. Maybe it'd be written in ciphers so they have to decipher them. I've also got my journal on hand for inspiration.

Mabel was kicking her legs, looking intently out the window as they drove through their neighborhood, finally getting home after their long drive from Oregon. She had the same pout on her face as she had when they first left the quiet little town called Gravity Falls, sure she was happy to be home but she wished they didn't have to leave so soon. As the bus got closer to the house, her legs stopped swinging and her face fell slightly. She got that feeling, the one she got multiple times over the summer when something didn't seem right. It reminded her of what she called Bipper, Bill's mind in Dipper's body. Mabel had felt that creepy feeling around Bipper, his eyes and strange smile causing goosebumps, not to mention his hands as cold as if he were dead. She shook her head, they were behind that, they defeated Bill back in Gravity Falls! They were fine, she was just paranoid.
She happily followed Dipper off the bus when they reached the home she knew so well, the chipped paint around the front window and the hose rolled up among the flowers. The curtains were pulled closed, that was normal, but no light shone through the cracks between the pieces of fabric. That wasn't normal. It wasn't early, their parents should be up and about already with the lights on and food cooking. The feeling crept up from the back of her mind but she tried to ignore it. She watched as the door swung open and she felt cold, this was too strange. Everything was the same as she remembered it, nothing had changed at all except the abundance of dust. "What happened?" She asked, trying to keep her worriedness out of her tone. They were past all that freaky stuff, they were home, everything was normal again, right?

(We could use a Caesar cipher, since I can't find the specific code that Bill specifically uses in a copy/paste format.)

Dipper knelt down, dragging his finger through the dust. It peeled up a sticky, cobwebby layer choked with gray particles, the wooden floor below a few shades lighter than before. He studied it, blue eyes narrowing in suspicion as he rubbed it between his finger and thumb before standing up completely. "Mom wouldn't have let the dust clog up the house like this, and Dad would have made sure all the spiders were dead." He noted, pulling out his notebook and writing things down. He was doing all he could to keep from panicking, the already anxious thirteen-year-old shaking slightly. "This dust has been accumulating the entire three months we were gone, so something must of happened to them right after we left." The boy swallowed the lump in his throat, walking deeper into the cold, dead house and looking around. His eyes landed on the kitchen table, the food choked with mold and the water now an ugly green as well. The stench was unbearable, even with Dipper covering his nose with a hand as he watched flies of all sizes buzz around, a few spiders watching from their webs. The faucet, which had always been a little leaky, wasn't even dripping water. Dipper turned from the kitchen, gagging slightly to himself and ran his hand through his hair anxiously, looking around the house. He made his way over to the study, opening the creaking door and cringing as it disturbed the silence of the house.

The computer was still on, rather surprising since it seemed as if the water and electrical supply had been cut. The screen was flickering eerily in the dark, the monitor and keyboard oddly clean and without dust. A few spiders hung from strands connected to the ceiling, something Dipper ignored as he approached the computer.

H e l l o .

Dipper bit back a shout of terror as the word was typed, his hands not even near the computer. He stared at hit for a moment before writing something down in his notebook hurriedly. "M-Mabel." He stammered, looking over his shoulder. "You gotta come see this."

Notebook page #23
--
After returning from Gravity Falls, Mabel and I come home to an empty house, choked with dust and smelling of decay. The thick layer of dust and cobwebs suggest that the place may have been abandoned since we left, seeing as Mother wouldn't allow dust to develop on her perfectly clean floor and Dad despises spiders with a passion. The kitchen is crawling with flies and mold, the scent too overpowering to stay in there for long.
After leaving the kitchen, I went into Dad's study. Inside, the computer was on, which is impossible seeing as the water and electrical supply seems to have been cut off. After the word 'hello' had been typed in, and not by myself or Mabel, it appears that some sort of supernatural entity is residing in the house.
L wklqn lw'v Eloo Flskhu

Socks
September 24th, 2017, 03:04 PM
(We could use a Caesar cipher, since I can't find the specific code that Bill specifically uses in a copy/paste format.)

Dipper knelt down, dragging his finger through the dust. It peeled up a sticky, cobwebby layer choked with gray particles, the wooden floor below a few shades lighter than before. He studied it, blue eyes narrowing in suspicion as he rubbed it between his finger and thumb before standing up completely. "Mom wouldn't have let the dust clog up the house like this, and Dad would have made sure all the spiders were dead." He noted, pulling out his notebook and writing things down. He was doing all he could to keep from panicking, the already anxious thirteen-year-old shaking slightly. "This dust has been accumulating the entire three months we were gone, so something must of happened to them right after we left." The boy swallowed the lump in his throat, walking deeper into the cold, dead house and looking around. His eyes landed on the kitchen table, the food choked with mold and the water now an ugly green as well. The stench was unbearable, even with Dipper covering his nose with a hand as he watched flies of all sizes buzz around, a few spiders watching from their webs. The faucet, which had always been a little leaky, wasn't even dripping water. Dipper turned from the kitchen, gagging slightly to himself and ran his hand through his hair anxiously, looking around the house. He made his way over to the study, opening the creaking door and cringing as it disturbed the silence of the house.

The computer was still on, rather surprising since it seemed as if the water and electrical supply had been cut. The screen was flickering eerily in the dark, the monitor and keyboard oddly clean and without dust. A few spiders hung from strands connected to the ceiling, something Dipper ignored as he approached the computer.

H e l l o .

Dipper bit back a shout of terror as the word was typed, his hands not even near the computer. He stared at hit for a moment before writing something down in his notebook hurriedly. "M-Mabel." He stammered, looking over his shoulder. "You gotta come see this."

Mabel walked past Dipper as he knelt down to the ground, her footsteps echoing through the house to make an eerie sound. The air felt thick, like she shouldn't breathe it in, it was like she could be able to grab the air like a solid. She wanted to think of some reason that they weren't seeing the truth, because she didn't want to believe that something had happened to her parents. They had spoken to them over the summer, right? "What if they went somewhere? All summer... And just forgot to... lock the door..." She spoke quietly, nervously grabbing her arm. She didn't want to continue walking around without her brother, so she waited for him to follow him around. Her eyes widened when they reached the kitchen, feeling bile rise in her throat but stopping herself from vomiting by covering her mouth with a firm hand. It was obvious that the food had been there a long time, it was worse than the mold science experiment in fourth grade which had only lasted a few weeks. She moved closer for reasons she didn't know herself, it was like she was mesmerized. Somehow, she recognized the breakfast they had eaten before they left at the beginning of the summer. Her smiley face pancakes which had been drowned in maple syrup. She wanted to run away, she wanted someone to pop out and start laughing, because this was a joke, obviously.
Her pet pig, Waddles, seemed to hate the smell in the house despite eating anything and he was still outside, refusing to enter the house. Even a pig could understand something was wrong here.

The strong urge to vomit came over her again and she backed quickly out of the kitchen, in the direction of the living room. She was good ways away from the table when she tripped on something, tumbling back and landing on her butt with a yelp. The brown haired girl took a protective stance as quickly as she could, as if something had tripped her, only to discover she had tripped over a mini makeup kit of hers which now seemed to now be the home to many spiders. There was a spilled bottle of nail polish, long dried all over the carpet. She reached forward and ripped up the bottle from the carpet, feeling nostalgic and a wave of sadness. Where were their parents?

She jumped when she heard her brother's voice split through the silence, instantly thinking of the worse because of the tone of his voice. She dropped the bottle, jumping up and running quickly the study, skidding to a halt in the doorway. "What is it? What's wrong?"

rubinaito
September 24th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Mabel walked past Dipper as he knelt down to the ground, her footsteps echoing through the house to make an eerie sound. The air felt thick, like she shouldn't breathe it in, it was like she could be able to grab the air like a solid. She wanted to think of some reason that they weren't seeing the truth, because she didn't want to believe that something had happened to her parents. They had spoken to them over the summer, right? "What if they went somewhere? All summer... And just forgot to... lock the door..." She spoke quietly, nervously grabbing her arm. She didn't want to continue walking around without her brother, so she waited for him to follow him around. Her eyes widened when they reached the kitchen, feeling bile rise in her throat but stopping herself from vomiting by covering her mouth with a firm hand. It was obvious that the food had been there a long time, it was worse than the mold science experiment in fourth grade which had only lasted a few weeks. She moved closer for reasons she didn't know herself, it was like she was mesmerized. Somehow, she recognized the breakfast they had eaten before they left at the beginning of the summer. Her smiley face pancakes which had been drowned in maple syrup. She wanted to run away, she wanted someone to pop out and start laughing, because this was a joke, obviously.
Her pet pig, Waddles, seemed to hate the smell in the house despite eating anything and he was still outside, refusing to enter the house. Even a pig could understand something was wrong here.

The strong urge to vomit came over her again and she backed quickly out of the kitchen, in the direction of the living room. She was good ways away from the table when she tripped on something, tumbling back and landing on her butt with a yelp. The brown haired girl took a protective stance as quickly as she could, as if something had tripped her, only to discover she had tripped over a mini makeup kit of hers which now seemed to now be the home to many spiders. There was a spilled bottle of nail polish, long dried all over the carpet. She reached forward and ripped up the bottle from the carpet, feeling nostalgic and a wave of sadness. Where were their parents?

She jumped when she heard her brother's voice split through the silence, instantly thinking of the worse because of the tone of his voice. She dropped the bottle, jumping up and running quickly the study, skidding to a halt in the doorway. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Dipper looked over his shoulder at Mabel for a moment before gesturing at the screen. "It did this by itself." He spoke, his voice slightly squeaky and full of terror. He held his notebook and pen limply with one hand, the other reaching towards the keyboard. He typed in a simple question; Who are you? His eyes focused on the screen with terrified curiosity, waiting, expecting for something to be typed in.

M i s t y P i n e s

"Misty Pines?" Dipper mouthed, his face changing from a look of terror to one of uncertainty and confusion. He began typing again, this time with both hands; his notebook and pen had dropped to the floor. I'm Dipper Pines... are we related?

I d o n ' t k n o w . I h a d a t w i n a m e d M a r k . I s h e r e l a t e d t o y o u ?

A twin. Dipper had always thought his father had been a single child, changing the oddity that was in the Pines' family genetics- but here was proof that his father, Mark Pines, had a twin sister. At least, Dipper thought Misty was a girl. Mark Pines is my father.

I m p o s s i b l e . W e ' r e o n l y t w e l v e .

Dipper blinked at the screen for a moment before picking up his notepad and pen, continuing to write everything down with a confused and worried look on his face as his pen scribbled across the paper. Two mysteries in one setting- and both were very concerning. Why was his aunt speaking to them through a computer? Why didn't they even know they had an aunt? Was this connected to their parent's disappearance?

Notebook page #23
--
After returning from Gravity Falls, Mabel and I come home to an empty house, choked with dust and smelling of decay. The thick layer of dust and cobwebs suggest that the place may have been abandoned since we left, seeing as Mother wouldn't allow dust to develop on her perfectly clean floor and Dad despises spiders with a passion. The kitchen is crawling with flies and mold, the scent too overpowering to stay in there for long.
After leaving the kitchen, I went into Dad's study. Inside, the computer was on, which is impossible seeing as the water and electrical supply seems to have been cut off. After the word 'hello' had been typed in, and not by myself or Mabel, it appears that some sort of supernatural entity is residing in the house.
L wklqn lw'v Eloo Flskhu

After typing in some question's, I've learned that the entity is known as Misty Pines, that she's apparently my father's twin sister, and that her spirit is only twelve years old. Had something happened to her at a young age? If her father and Misty had ever visited Gravity Falls, would there be clues there? And how is this connected to my parent's disappearance?
L'p xwwhuob whuulilhg.

Socks
September 24th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Dipper looked over his shoulder at Mabel for a moment before gesturing at the screen. "It did this by itself." He spoke, his voice slightly squeaky and full of terror. He held his notebook and pen limply with one hand, the other reaching towards the keyboard. He typed in a simple question; Who are you? His eyes focused on the screen with terrified curiosity, waiting, expecting for something to be typed in.

M i s t y P i n e s

"Misty Pines?" Dipper mouthed, his face changing from a look of terror to one of uncertainty and confusion. He began typing again, this time with both hands; his notebook and pen had dropped to the floor. I'm Dipper Pines... are we related?

I d o n ' t k n o w . I h a d a t w i n a m e d M a r k . I s h e r e l a t e d t o y o u ?

A twin. Dipper had always thought his father had been a single child, changing the oddity that was in the Pines' family genetics- but here was proof that his father, Mark Pines, had a twin sister. At least, Dipper thought Misty was a girl. Mark Pines is my father.

I m p o s s i b l e . W e ' r e o n l y t w e l v e .

Dipper blinked at the screen for a moment before picking up his notepad and pen, continuing to write everything down with a confused and worried look on his face as his pen scribbled across the paper. Two mysteries in one setting- and both were very concerning. Why was his aunt speaking to them through a computer? Why didn't they even know they had an aunt? Was this connected to their parent's disappearance?

Mabel stared in shock and confusion as words appeared on the screen when neither her or Dipper had touched it. She was even more frightened when she realized that none of the house had power at the moment, how was the computer even on? She grabbed the neck of her sweater, pulling it up over her head so only her eyes were showing, it was her way of protecting herself from anything that might be there. "I thought the crazy stuff only happened in Gravity Falls?" She questioned to her twin, with a frightened look in her eyes.

She watched the conversation, if you could call it that, take place between her brother and Misty, she didn't trust whoever it was. Her father didn't have a twin, her father didn't have any siblings. Her and Dipper didn't have an aunt. There was absolutely no Misty in their family. But... Mabel had some doubts now, what if? Crazier had happened over the summer...

"Dipper, I don't think you should talk to it anymore. I think we should get out, remember Giffany? That weird digital girl Soos 'dated,'" She made quote gestures as if it was a silly conversation, but she looked at Dipper seriously. "What if this is the same kinda thing?" It seemed like the same sort of thing, seeming calm and welcoming only to attempt murder when you think you're safe. It made a shiver climb up Mabel's back.

rubinaito
September 24th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Socks

Dipper looked at his sister, his chest tightening. "But this could be our only link to where Mom and Dad are." He spoke softly, tilting his ballcap up and staring at Mabel with wide eyes, searching her eyes. "And Dad's always been secretive about his family... we've never talked to Grandma or Grandpa, let alone know who Great Uncle Stan and Ford were. This is one of those times where I think we should take a chance." He swallowed, setting his notepad down and leaning back into the chair, gazing at the ceiling with a tired expression. The little text bar on the screen kept blinking, waiting for Dipper to respond to Misty's statement. His mind was going a hundred miles an hour, thinking through everything. He suddenly spun around and typed something unexpected into the keyboard. Do you know who Bill Cipher is?

There was a moment of tense, awkward silence as Dipper waited for the reply, watching the screen intently. His hand tightened around the mouse, his gaze focused on the reflective screen.

Y e s .

That answer stole Dipper's breath away, and he ran a hand through his hair before looking at Mabel, then back at the screen. Misty was still typing.

H e t r a p p e d m e h e r e . . . I ' m s t u c k b u t I d o n ' t k n o w w h e r e I a m . I t ' s l i k e E a r t h b u t d i f f e r e n t . T i m e d o e s n ' t w o r k n o r m a l l y - i t f e e l s l i k e y e a r s h a v e p a s s e d a n d y e t I h a v e n ' t c h a n g e d . C a n y o u h e l p m e ?

Dipper frowned, grabbing his notebook and flipping open to the page detailing the Dreamscape. He absentmindedly clicked his pen while looking for the instructions for the spell he had written down that allowed someone to travel into the Dreamscape like Bill Cipher. There it was. He studied it for a moment before typing 'yes' into the computer. He looked back at Mabel and waved the notebook. "We need answers." He said quietly, before getting out of the seat and beginning the preparations for the ritual. "And Misty has them."

Socks
September 24th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Rubinaito

Mabel knew that Dipper was right, their father barely told them anything of his family, if they ever asked he'd say some nonsense about only thinking about the future only to change the subject with the promise of ice-cream. They had no idea where their parents were right now and no matter how crazy this was, it was the only link they could have with their disappearance. So instead of going against Dipper, Mabel watched on with a nervous stare as the other typed a message on the computer which shocked her, to say the least, but not as much as the reply.

"What?" She spoke louder than she expected. "How does it know who Bill is?" She turned to Dipper as if he had the answers rather than reading what was on the computer. She trusted her brother, he was smart, he had read the journals more than Mabel had. Over the summer she had just skimmed through them, looking for unicorns and vampire boyfriends while Dipper must have read through them hundreds of time.

When he didn't speak, his eyes only running over the computer screen, she turned to read too only for her eyes to widen more. This sounded real, like something that Bill would actually do but she refused to believe it entirely. Did it expect help from them? No way they'd help this random thing, all they needed was answers, not some task to do. She was usually the one to jump in and do crazy things, so when her brother, the smart one agreed to help this thing it came as a real shock.

"Dipper!" She spoke with all her surprise leaking out in her voice, she looked to him for an explanation and what she got wasn't enough. "What are you doing?" She decided against arguing, it wasn't time for that now, but she didn't want to just follow along with whatever.

rubinaito
September 24th, 2017, 06:56 PM
(I just realized that Dipper's acting OOC... Oh well, this is a roleplay) Socks

Dipper finished up the spell, his eyes flying open as it began to cast itself. He grabbed onto Mabel's arm as they began to dissolve, and the world began melting into grey; moments later they were standing in a very familiar landscape, the figure of a girl sitting behind a computer. She was focused on the screen, not knowing that Dipper and Mabel were right there; her lime green eyes reflected the conversation, full of hope and longing for freedom.
Misty was an attractive young girl, looking very similar to Dipper and Mabel's father. Her brown hair was long on one side, shaved on the other with several earrings in that very ear. She had on a leather jacket, as tattered as it may be, and her green shirt was very obvious in this monotone world. Her eyes matched her shirt and the streak of green in her hair as well; and surprisingly around her neck was a golden chain with a question-mark pendant, which was recognizable; it had been one of the many gift-shop items that Great Uncle Stan had been selling.
"Hello?" Dipper called, startling the girl.
Misty fell backwards, crashing to the floor with a loud clatter. She stared at Dipper and Mabel with wide, confused eyes before her gaze flicked back to the screen. "... are you the person I was talking to?" She asked, pointing at Dipper. Her voice was just like Mabel's although a little softer.

Socks
September 24th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Rubinaito

Mabel didn't get an explanation, which ticked her off a bit. She was about to speak more firmly when Dipper grabbed her arm and everything started to melt away into a gray world she remembered vividly. She had let out a yelp before going silent when she saw where they were. And, oh, was she not happy. She pouted, crossing her arms firmly as she tried to glare at her brother. They shouldn't be here, they should have continued searching the house they could have found their parents by themselves. She didn't trust what had coaxed them to come here in the first place, but she had to admit she was a bit curious. Keeping her arms crossed, her 'glare' shifted to the only other being in the area. It could have been their father's sister if she didn't look the same age as herself, even if she was older Mabel would still be cautious.

Her eyes instantly went to the necklace and the bad feeling came back. It looked like the symbol she had seen so many times over the summer, she had gotten so tired of it. She didn't feel safe because of that symbol on the girl's necklace, she continued to stare at it quietly with her crossed arms while Dipper spoke.

When the other startled and pointed to her brother, the urge to speak became overwhelming and her words spilled out faster than she thought she'd even spoken. "How do you know Bill? How'd you meet him if he trapped you here? Where did you get that necklace? How did you get here? Who are you?" She took a deep breath, dropping her arms to her sides and looking intently at the unknown girl. She didn't believe anything they had been told before but something told her even now they'd get the same story.

rubinaito
September 24th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Socks

Misty's eyes widened and she stared at Mabel for a moment, opening her mouth to speak only for another question to be asked. She snapped her mouth closed, gazing at her with a slightly confused, and slightly annoyed look as Mabel ran her mouth off with questions. Her gaze flicked over to Dipper, who was pale and unresponsive as he stared at Mabel with shock. A heavy sigh left her mouth and she stood up, her green and brown hair swaying as she began walking to the girl in the pink sweater. Standing in front of her, the two at the same height, she pressed her finger to Mabel's lips and shushed her right before Mabel stopped talking. "Please. Don't talk so much. I haven't heard another voice in so long, and my head hurts." Misty grumped, removing her hand and crossing her arms. "Alright, to answer all of your questions I suppose I have to tell you how I got here." She leaned her head back to stare at the grey sky, as if she was suspicious that someone was listening. Once she was sure nobody was around, Misty looked back at Mabel and began speaking again.

"My father and his older brothers didn't get along- and my dad didn't even know his older brothers that well. They'd been kicked out of the house when he was about six months old, so all he had was fuzzy memories of them. My grandmother was a drug addict, my grandfather was abusive, and everything was honestly just sucky for James Pines. He ran away when he was thirteen to a quaint little town known as Gravity Falls, unaware that his brother was running a business there. He and Stanford reconnected and James ended up running away again since Uncle Stan wasn't exactly the greatest man out there. That's when we moved to this wonderful house here." Misty gestured around them at the monotone version of Dipper and Mabel's house. "I guess Uncle Stan wasn't too happy that dad had hooked up with a girl- never got to do 'bro' things, or whatever. But mom, dad, my brother and I lived here for the longest time." Misty blew a strand of hair out of her face, glancing towards Dipper. "It was Summer vacation, and my mom and dad were going through some stressful times. They packed Mark and I up and sent us to the only relative that they could vaguely trust; Uncle Stan. We were meant to spend the whole summer there, but things were getting out of hand I guess. Mark was paranoid about everything, and I was just being a jerk to everyone. The only thing I even got from that terrible gift shop of Stan's was this necklace, which is the only thing from the outside world besides the clothes on my back that I own." Misty's voice seemed to lower, straining slightly. "Uncle Stan was working on some machine, and I had found his basement. I accidentally flicked a switch and the thing turned on- for a moment, I was speechless. And then Bill came through to the physical world for the first time in a long, long time."

"He laid his single eye on me and recognized that I, I was related to someone he didn't like. Before the portal closed, he said something and I was here. And that's how I got here, to this miserable dimension where Bill teased and tortured me for the longest time." Misty finished up, bending down to pick up a piece of metal and pocketing it.

Socks
September 24th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Rubinaito

When the girl shushed her she was infuriated, she wanted to smack 'Misty's hand away and shush her back but she didn't, staying quiet and listening to the story that she didn't believe. Out of the corner of her eye, she looked at Dipper to see if she could tell what her twin was thinking. She wanted him to feel the same way, to not believe anything the other was saying. After everything that happened this summer, after everything that happened this past week, he should be one to understand they shouldn't trust anyone. Especially someone mixed up in all this stuff. She couldn't tell what he was feeling and it made her nervous since she usually could.

Near the end of the story, about the time the portal came in, Mabel looked back to the girl with narrowed eyes. She tried to find anything about her which would tell she was lying but she gave up. "I don't believe you." She said firmly, once again crossing her arms. "Tell us something to prove you're telling the truth." She glared for a few more seconds before turning around and pulling Dipper closer to her before Misty could reply.

Pulling her twin a bit away, she whispered hurriedly to him. "Do you remember anything from this summer, Dipper?" She widened her eyes, her voice getting a bit louder than a whisper. 'Bill could possess people, or in this world, he could make us see anything we might trust. I bet this is a trick or something! We should leave..." She looked over at Misty then looked back and spoke quieter, as if when the other found out about their parents then something would happen."Leave now and find mom and dad ourselves"

Socks
September 26th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Bump Rubinaito

rubinaito
September 27th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Socks
Ah! Sorry for the late reply! Pls forgive me, friend!

Dipper fixed his eyes on his twin, blue pools full of desperation, fear, and hope. "Please, Mabel." He pleaded quietly, taking off his hat and holding it to his chest with both hands. "I know things are scary, but maybe Misty can help us..." He looked into his sister's eyes, everything still and silent around them as he waited for her answer; Misty observed quietly, not making a sound.

Socks
September 27th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Rubinaito
It's totally fine! I'm actually watching Gravity Falls rn for, like, the seventh time and reading the journal for about the hundredth time.

Mabel's eyes softened and so did her posture after her brother spoke, it was clear she was thinking hard about her decision. "Oh, alright... But if anything happens it's your fault!" She added in, though if something did happen in a situation like this she was sure she wouldn't be saying something like that when it happened. She wanted everything normal, when she left Gravity Falls she wanted to go back home and live her silly life once again but that didn't seem to be the reality of the situation.

Socks
September 28th, 2017, 08:58 PM
[So, like, while watching some fandom stuff I thought that possibly it could be that Bill hitched a ride in Dipper's mind out of Gravity Falls and he influences Dipper's decisions/sometimes takes over entirely or something. I really wanted to see more Bipper and Mabel could notice but be ignored because they think she's just paranoid/traumatized from weirdmageddon]
Rubinaito

rubinaito
September 29th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Socks
(That... is a pretty damn good, but very scary idea.)
(I am so totally doing that.)
(D'you want Bill? Cause you can totally have him, it just might make things harder when roleplaying Dipper/Bipper/Bill.)

Dipper smiled at Mabel before turning to Misty and nodding. He stretched out his hand, extended towards their long lost and forgotten aunt, and hopefully their new friend. His blue eyes shimmered happily, although there was a very faint yellow shine to them, going unnoticed by Misty and likely Mabel. The corners of his mouth twitched into a more sinister smile for a brief second before returning to normal, again unnoticed.
Misty took Dipper's hand and shook it firmly before retracting it quickly. Dipper's hands were cold... not cold and clammy, like someone who was afraid, but cold and dead, as if the blood in his veins were no longer providing heat to his skin- no longer moving. Her green eyes studied his blue ones in faint suspicion, unfortunate enough to have missed a crucial clue to what was truly going on. She glanced at Mabel helplessly, knowing that the only one that she could probably trust at the moment didn't even trust her which only served to fuel her current anxiety. "Let's just go." She muttered, looking at the ground and trying to get rid of the cold that still lingered on her hands, shivering slightly as she looked back up at Dipper. Something just wasn't right with the boy, and she couldn't tell what it was.

Socks
September 29th, 2017, 06:46 PM
(I could do Bill when he's not in Dipper's mind/interacting with Dipper in his head.)

The paranoid feeling had yet to leave her, and Mabel was reminded yet again about Bipper. Those cold hands and yellow eyes were forever etched into her head, not to mention the memory of actually having to hurt her twin, even if she was technically attacking Bill. She shook the thought away, she was being silly. Bill was dead, erased. She wanted those memories gone, she was over the supernatural, it should be normal.
She watched as her brother shook the girl's hand, and swore she saw something in his eyes. A flash of yellow, maybe? She almost yelped, rubbing her eyes as if trying to clear them, before looking back to Dipper, his blue eyes were normal as ever. What was happening to her, this had to be more than paranoia... right?

Rubinaito

rubinaito
September 29th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Socks
(Okay!)

"All right!" Dipper grinned, his voice sounding a little too chipper for a guy who had just been traumatized by Weirdmaggedon and couldn't find his parents. He grabbed onto Mabel and Misty, the cold feeling shooting through Misty's veins once more as color began seeping back into the world, Dipper bringing them back to the real world.
As soon as everything was normal, Misty pushed away from Dipper and grabbed onto Mabel, yanking her back and pushing her behind her. Misty's eyes were wild, filled with fear and narrow with suspicion as she gazed upon her supposed nephew. "You're not human." She said softly, her hand drifting to her side briefly as she stared at Dipper. The chill crept up her spine, sending shivers throughout her body and her nerves grew colder the more she looked at the boy in front of her, shielding his twin sister from him. "What are you doing in that boy's body, Cipher?" She growled under her breath, her chest rising and falling.
Dipper's smile sharpened into an almost predatory grin, his pupils narrowing and the irises turning yellow. "Can't pull the wool over your eyes, can I?" He asked, leaning back against the counter casually and smirking. "What gave it away? The Dream-Walking?" He snapped his fingers, and a rickety old chair appeared beside him. He frowned at the object with dissatisfaction before kicking it away and walking towards Misty and Mabel, his grin returning. "Or perhaps it was me being all too eager to get you out of there?" He laced his fingers together, setting his chin on them and leaning forward, as if his elbows were on an invisible table- he was defying gravity in that moment. Bipper tilted his head with a sly smirk, looking up at the girl from his slightly lowered position. "What? Cat got your tongue?"
"You didn't answer my question." Misty growled, her hand drifting to her pocket.

(Hope this hasn't escalated too quickly, but I wanted to establish that Dipper was the villain in this first plot of the roleplay- you'll see why soon enough.)

Socks
September 29th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Rubinaito

A shiver went through her as Dipper grabbed her hand, it was the same cold she was trying to forget so she figured it must just be her being paranoid so she shook it off. She felt relieved when they were back in the normal wolrd, even in their dust covered house, however, when she felt Misty pull her she let out a little yell of anger.
She fought against Misty, thinking that they made a mistake and that she was evil until she spoke. Of course her brother was human! What was she talking about? She pushed against Misty once more. "Bill's gone! There is no more Ciph-"
Then she heard his voice and she froze. No, no, no, no, he's dead! She felt dizzy, this was supposed to be all over, everything was supposed to be normal again. Bill was in Dipper's head? How? What had Dipper ever agreed to let Bill in his mind?!

rubinaito
September 29th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Socks

Bipper clicked his tongue in dissatisfaction, narrowing his eyes and standing back up. He gave Mabel and Misty a nasty sneer, running his tongue over his teeth like an old vulture that was waiting to feast on a plump piece of roadkill. "Terrified, huh?" He asked, moving over to a dusty old bookshelf and picking out a tattered blue book. He flicked the cover open, revealing the hasty scrawl that belonged to Mark Pines. "So was your brother." He hummed, not mentioning whose brother he was speaking of, whether it was Mabel's or Misty's. He turned the page, eyeing the writing before snapping it closed. He placed the book back and shoved his hands into his pockets, smiling at the duo. "Humans are so dumb." His yellow eyes flicked over to the computer, and he smashed the screen with a hand, watching the blood drip down his flesh embedded with the glass. "Oops. Destroyed your first clue." He shook his hand slightly, chuckling under his breath as the pain increased while the shards flew out of his hand and onto the floor. "Now, I'm going to walk out that door," He smiled, leaning forward with his freckled nose touching Misty's. "And you're not going to stop me- or else. Capisci?"

Misty growled, moving Mabel back behind her and stepping out of Bill's way, her hand twitching. I can't risk shooting him- it wouldn't kill Bill, only Dipper. She thought glumly, unable to tear her eyes away from the monster wearing Dipper's skin and gritting her teeth silently. "Capisci." She grunted.

Socks
September 29th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Rubinaito

Mabel felt her hands shake in fear, yet anger boiled up in her at the same time. Bill did something to Dipper, that part Mabel knew for sure because no way her twin would let Bill into his mind. She hadn't read those journals like Dipper had, but one thing she did know was you had to invite Bill into your mind for him to be able to get in there. He was like a vampire in some sorts, just way less attractive and not a good type of shiny. Her anger only increased when Bipper punched the computer and it felt as if her blood was actually boiling in her veins.
When Bipper walked by she attempted to leap on him out of anger. She'd scare Bill out with mortality like she had last time. "How did you get in my brother's body you, you, you big JERK!"

rubinaito
September 29th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Socks

For a moment, Bill stared at Mabel. "Wow." He said flatly. "I'm so scared." He popped his back and pushed her away. "Look, kid- you can kill your brother and dispose of this fleshbag if you want. I'll just go and find a new host. I'm out of Gravity Falls, Shooting Star." He spread out his arms, walking backwards and out the door. "You can't touch this. Now, if you'd excuse me... I have a suit to find and touch up this disgusting body a little." He twirled his hand and bowed before slamming the door shut and walking away with a whistle.

Misty closed her eyes, her hands curling into tight, white-knuckled fists. For a moment she didn't say a word, trying to steady her breathing so that she could figure things out in a calm manner, rather than needlessly panicking. "Okay." She rasped, before clearing her throat. "Okay." She repeated, her voice much clearer. "There's probably something in here that can help us figure out what the Hell is going on." She crouched down and picked up Dipper's abandoned notebook, flipping it open and staring at the page for a moment, her green eyes scanning the text. Internally, she was flipping out- but Mabel just lost her brother to the Beast, the Devil himself, and probably needed someone to be calm and collected in order to keep her sanity.

Socks
September 29th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Rubinaito

Mabel watched Bipper leave in silence, she couldn't do anything. She had tossed all the journals in the bottomless pit before they left Gravity Falls, they had nothing to go to for reference. The last time they had thought they got rid of Bill they erased him from their Grunckle Stan's head by wiping his memories, but they didn't have the technology to do that here and there would be a possibility that Dipper would forget everything forever if they tried that method. Not to mention that it had apparently not worked the last time.
She felt tears welling up in her eyes, blurring her vision. She brought her hands up to wipe them away but she couldn't stop them. Her nose started running and the tears continued, she had no one now, what was she supposed to do. She hiccuped, wiping the tears more fiercely, looking up at Misty. "We need to get him back. We need to get him, then my mom and dad." She sniffed, her voice slightly hoarse. "I wish Grunckle Stan and Great Uncle Ford were here. I wish even Soos or Wendy were here. I wish we had never thrown away those stupid journals." She spoke more to herself now, her crying starting to cease.

rubinaito
September 29th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Socks

Misty stood up and wrapped her arms around Mabel in a hug, pulling her close. "Hey..." She murmured softly, running her hand through Mabel's hair. "It's okay. It's okay. We'll get through this- find your mother and my brother, figure out how to get that bloody demon out of your brother's body, and be home in time for supper. Alright?" She smiled, gently wiping her niece's tears away with her thumb and looking into Mabel's blue eyes. "Those dusty old journals wouldn't help us with this. We aren't in Gravity Falls." She said quietly, leading Mabel over to the chair in front of the desk and brushing off the glass before having her sit down. "I don't know how to reach Uncle Stan, and I didn't even know I had an Uncle Ford... Listen, we'll figure things out. This dusty library of my brother's must have something useful within it, and we'll find it. Alright?" She gave Mabel a soft smile, before straightening her back and focusing her eyes right on the wall. You could almost see the gears turning in the girl's head as she studied the bookshelf, her eyes tracing a fine line in the shape of a door. Moving around the chair and studying the wall, Misty found what she was looking for; an exact copy of the book Bill had been looking through. Pulling the cleverly disguised lever, the bookshelf sank into the floor and revealed a dark tunnel leading deep into the ground, iron rungs serving as ladders. "Bingo." She whispered.

Socks
September 30th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Rubinaito

Mabel tried weakly to push the other away from her, Misty was untrustworthy to her. She was sad, anyone she could blame for what happened she would and Misty happened to be the only person around. "I don't trust you at all! You're probably on Bill's side! You didn't seem to have a problem letting him walk out through the door!" Her tears were gone but her anger was through the roof. She stood up when she was sat down and started pacing, chewing on a bit of her sweater. She wanted to throw something, to rip something up. She turned around to shout at Misty for some reason to let the anger out when she saw a dark tunnel where the bookcase had been. "Wh-what?"

rubinaito
September 30th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Socks

Misty didn't respond, only peering in and walking down the steps. "Why is everything so needlessly complicated, Mark?" She sighed, tugging on a chain. A few minutes later, the lights flickered on and everything was revealed- a blank space. However, scrawled on the wall across from them was a hasty message.

Bill isn't the problem this time.

Socks
October 6th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Mabel followed briskly, wiping away her last stray tears. She was too shocked to cry right now and she was sure anyone would agree with her. Her own father's study had a secret space like Great Uncle Fords, except this one, didn't look as science-y. Her parents were protective, if not a bit paranoid, but she couldn't comprehend that they might know about all the weird things of the world.
"What is this place..?"
Rubinaito