Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 02:46 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 02:39 PM
Ink Blot's Introduction
Last post by SentimentalSquid
Today 02:37 PM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by hades.
Today 02:33 PM

Old April 26th, 2017, 10:18 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
(( -cries- they made me so happy c: i sorry it's so short queeny :'c ))

As she received the acceptance that laced each word Geckoleaf spoke, suddenly for the first time since reuniting with her father, Cricketpaw felt right at home. Every part of her journey had been worth it to feel like she belonged somewhere again. Because out there, in the wilderness away from the structure of RiverClan and the loving embrace of Russetswirl - now Russetstar - and the companionship of her siblings? It had been all but too much to bear, and she feared if her time there had been a moon longer, she might not have made it. Her whole life, she had lived with the assumption that she was damaged goods, that her mother had simply abandoned her because she wasn't good enough, or smart enough, to keep around. But now, sitting her with a new motherly relationship blossoming before her, she suddenly felt wanted again. Like this time in RiverClan, she would get to stay and follow the true path she was meant for. "I-I'm really glad for that," she murmured in response, a smile stretching across her face. As she felt the steady rasp of her mentor's tongue on her scruff, she closed her eyes, frightfully close to falling asleep. "I promise I will do my best to make you proud," she continued, opening her blue eyes once more with a new fire of determination burned deeply within them. She had a sudden urge to learn everything she could right then and there. "So what herbs are included in traveling bundles?" she asked, curious to learn as much as she could as quickly as she could; Cricketpaw wanted nothing more than to dive head first into this world.
Geckoleaf smiled, a genuine gesture of affection towards Cricketpaw. Her tail pulled tight against the brown molly's side, the orange strangely bright when contrasted with the earthy tones of the bengal. She felt a sensation of maternal love seep through her; she had never been close to someone in the way she was close with Cricketpaw now. Not even with Arcticpaw had it been so sincere; there had always been a level of separation, of professional detachedness. But here, everything was genuine and real. She felt the gentle warmth of Cricketpaw beside her, and already she felt like a sort of materfamilias; she was the head of this hollow and it's occupants, like a matriarch or den head. And now, feeling an overwhelming push to protect the feline beside her, she realized that this den would have to become a sanctum; a well of serenity and compassion that would be open to all, not just her new apprentice. She stopped grooming the unruly tufts of fur on Cricketpaw's neck to listen to what she had to say. The words sounded straightforward and true, despite the shakiness of her initial phrase. "You already have, angel. And don't worry; you could never disappoint me. I can already see how strong you are; you are brave and willing to, and you'll be a wonderful legacy," she purred softly, resting her cheek lightly against the top of the brown tabby's head. At the request to learn more herbs, she grinned enthusiastically; this was her one true passion & calling in life, and she was eager to share it with someone who would listen. "First is Burnet, a stalky plant with serrated leaves. It can help stop minor cuts, and bolsters strength; we don't want your father bleeding to death from scraps, now do we? There's also chamomile; most, if not all of these are for strength, so I'll list other uses. This is to help keep heart-rate down. Daisy-leaf, for aching joints; it helps to keep older cats limber if they need the assistance. Sorrel; use it in small amounts, because it can make you hungry. Those are it, mainly; sometimes we use other herbs in special occasions, and add things like honey so that it's palatable,"she murmurmed softly, continuing to stroke the apprentice's side with her tail. Geckoleaf let out a large yawn, jaws seeming to unhinge, white teeth flashing. "Though, I do think it is quite late, Cricket. Off to bed for both of us!" she mewed, nosing Cricketpaw's cheek softly, fondly.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old April 28th, 2017, 12:07 AM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Geckoleaf smiled, a genuine gesture of affection towards Cricketpaw. Her tail pulled tight against the brown molly's side, the orange strangely bright when contrasted with the earthy tones of the bengal. She felt a sensation of maternal love seep through her; she had never been close to someone in the way she was close with Cricketpaw now. Not even with Arcticpaw had it been so sincere; there had always been a level of separation, of professional detachedness. But here, everything was genuine and real. She felt the gentle warmth of Cricketpaw beside her, and already she felt like a sort of materfamilias; she was the head of this hollow and it's occupants, like a matriarch or den head. And now, feeling an overwhelming push to protect the feline beside her, she realized that this den would have to become a sanctum; a well of serenity and compassion that would be open to all, not just her new apprentice. She stopped grooming the unruly tufts of fur on Cricketpaw's neck to listen to what she had to say. The words sounded straightforward and true, despite the shakiness of her initial phrase. "You already have, angel. And don't worry; you could never disappoint me. I can already see how strong you are; you are brave and willing to, and you'll be a wonderful legacy," she purred softly, resting her cheek lightly against the top of the brown tabby's head. At the request to learn more herbs, she grinned enthusiastically; this was her one true passion & calling in life, and she was eager to share it with someone who would listen. "First is Burnet, a stalky plant with serrated leaves. It can help stop minor cuts, and bolsters strength; we don't want your father bleeding to death from scraps, now do we? There's also chamomile; most, if not all of these are for strength, so I'll list other uses. This is to help keep heart-rate down. Daisy-leaf, for aching joints; it helps to keep older cats limber if they need the assistance. Sorrel; use it in small amounts, because it can make you hungry. Those are it, mainly; sometimes we use other herbs in special occasions, and add things like honey so that it's palatable,"she murmurmed softly, continuing to stroke the apprentice's side with her tail. Geckoleaf let out a large yawn, jaws seeming to unhinge, white teeth flashing. "Though, I do think it is quite late, Cricket. Off to bed for both of us!" she mewed, nosing Cricketpaw's cheek softly, fondly.
As her mentor continued talking about the herbs that were included in a travel bundle, Cricketpaw couldn't help but watch her expression change, a smile stretching across her own face. She had always admired her dad, but in a fatherly way, a way that family should look up to one another. This new feeling of admiration, directed solely at Geckoleaf, was a new feeling for the Bengal. She felt as though StarClan had looked down upon her mentor with special care in having her learn all these herbs and remedies. It opened her eyes again that there was more to the Clan then just fighting and being a warrior or deputy, or even leader. There was a whole world that Cricketpaw was now gaining access too, and the thought again sent a thrill of excitement through her. Her ears were turned forward, focused intently on each herb and their uses, and trying to categorize each one she was told in a compartment in her mind. At her mentors suggestion of sleep, the Bengal was about to object before her mouth parted in an enormous yawn. "I guess that would be a good idea," she purred, giggling as she felt her mentor's warm nose nuzzle her cheek. A soft purr could be heard from her and Cricketpaw smiled up at Geckoleaf softly. "Goodnight," she mewed, returning the affectionate nose-to-cheek gesture before resting her head on her paws. One more yawn broke through her lips before the young apprentice began to doze off, sleep coming quickly and in waves.
Old April 28th, 2017, 05:35 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
As her mentor continued talking about the herbs that were included in a travel bundle, Cricketpaw couldn't help but watch her expression change, a smile stretching across her own face. She had always admired her dad, but in a fatherly way, a way that family should look up to one another. This new feeling of admiration, directed solely at Geckoleaf, was a new feeling for the Bengal. She felt as though StarClan had looked down upon her mentor with special care in having her learn all these herbs and remedies. It opened her eyes again that there was more to the Clan then just fighting and being a warrior or deputy, or even leader. There was a whole world that Cricketpaw was now gaining access too, and the thought again sent a thrill of excitement through her. Her ears were turned forward, focused intently on each herb and their uses, and trying to categorize each one she was told in a compartment in her mind. At her mentor's suggestion of sleep, the Bengal was about to object before her mouth parted in an enormous yawn. "I guess that would be a good idea," she purred, giggling as she felt her mentor's warm nose nuzzle her cheek. A soft purr could be heard from her and Cricketpaw smiled up at Geckoleaf softly. "Goodnight," she mewed, returning the affectionate nose-to-cheek gesture before resting her head on her paws. One more yawn broke through her lips before the young apprentice began to doze off, sleep coming quickly and in waves.
Geckoleaf simply beamed affectionately towards the small she-cat, the soft touch of the frigid black nose against her own cheek sending a swell of pure love and happiness surging through the diminutive medicine cat. She waited until the Bengal fell asleep, a look of peaceful content coming across her face as the muscles below relax. Instead of standing up or leaving, she curled around Cricketpaw, resting her feathery tail against the apprentice's legs and gently resting her chin against the neck of the brown molly. Strangely, she felt her healing power reach out to the body of Cricketpaw, probing her body to feel for injuries; if there had been something left over from the apprentice's time as a loner, such as internal injuries or worms in her gut, she would know. But all she felt was the gentle pulsing of built-up lactic acid in her legs and back, from hours of hiking to and from the Starcave. It took little energy to heal, so she did; if she could prevent her beloved apprentices the smallest amount of pain, she would. With a quick flick of intention, she scrubbed away the lactic acid and sped up the healing of torn fibers. She only felt a small amount of energy drain and was going to sleep anyway. She smiled drowsily and nodded off to sleep.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 10th, 2017, 11:26 PM
queeny ♬

@Hexict
The rock she had chosen for Cricketpaw's headstone was milky white, with the tiniest possible dots of sienna scattered across its surface. They looked as if they had been made by a swarm of muddy crickets hopping across its surface, leave minuscule footprints to be absorbed by the stone. It was flat, and smooth, and perfect in a sort of innocent way that she had hoped, somewhere in the muddled darkness of her broken mind, would be a reminder of the way she had always seen her apprentice; imperfect, yet pure, and still young. She had brought newly bloomed poppy and chamomile flowers to lay on it later that same day, the morning after the vigil; the flowers were beautiful, but she knew that Cricketpaw would understand that they represented peace and serenity, an eternal sleep.

Geckoleaf's nest was so inviting, so comforting; she never wanted to leave. Her limbs gave out soon after, and she simply collapsed into the plush moss, her legs a tangle, her fur still full of dried blood and caked mud. She hadn't made a single effort to clean it out. Normally, her silky orange fur was unmatted and pristine, but now, it was messy and unkempt a strange physical representation of her mind, and the blackness that ringed the edge of her vision at all times. Soon after, she felt her limbs began to tingle, her toes feeling gentle stabs of pins and needles, and then she was weightless, in a black void; she knew that StarClan was calling her to a dream.

The ground below her paws looked solid, steady, but it was still almost translucent; she could see an endless expanse of starry nothingness lingering just beneath them. The grass and dirt around her looked speckled with tiny stars like some cat had shaken burrs made out of pure light out of their fur. The whole scene was ethereal, weightless, without the pull of real ground, and soft dirt. Geckoleaf herself looked different; her fur looked like spun starlight, a million tiny nebulas made the orange of her sides, hundreds of stars linked together to form the white of underbelly and chest that seemed to glow with their own light. Her eyes were changed, too; no longer dark, but looking like tiny blue giant stars, miniaturized to form the striking azure of her open eyes.

But the medicine cat didn't care; no reason the ancestors' had for drawing her here could overcome the crushing guilt of Cricketpaw's death, the pent up anger and sadness of losing patients, and the overwhelming sorrow of losing her own mind. Her starry figure collapsed into a vaguely glowing heap, where she lay, still, studying the thick layer of grass with intense, frightening passion; no one in their right mind would care so greatly about the intricacies of a single blade of grass, the veins that ran up its leaf, the patterning of light dappled from some source she had yet to locate. She just didn't care anymore; the world had taken what had mattered most away from her, and she was done fighting against the will of something greater than herself.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 24th, 2017, 06:30 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@Clover

Autumn orbs closed. The tom didn't want to see what he knew he was going to see. He had been sent in order to help Geckoleaf. The medicine cat needed to regain her sanity, she was the only medicine cat that Riverclan had now. Though he wouldn't bring that up - he knew how sensitive the molly must be about the murder of her beloved apprentice. He knew that she must be a mess after the death of Cricketpaw like Zerosight had been after he was killed. This was a delicate time for her. Her mental state was already strained and he didn't want to mess up... he feared shattering whatever sanity she had left.

Sitting in silence, the tom was placed not too far from Geckoleaf, but the grieving medicine cat hadn't seemed to notice him as she fell to the glittering ground. Northpath forced himself to look towards her, lifting his head to watch the fire colored molly observing a blade of grass. It was sadden to see a cat so heart-broken. Swallowing, the dark tabby slowly got up and padded towards her. His tail flicked out of nervous habit, but he tried to calm it. Thoughts were running through his head. It was strange, he had rehearsed what to say to Geckoleaf over and over in his head before but now that it was time to actually speak with her, his rehearsed words dissolved into the racing thoughts that unnerved him. It was almost like when he had first met Daypaw. He had to train the sole medicine cat of Shadowclan, and now he also had to help the sole medicine cat of Riverclan back onto her paws so that she could return to her duties.

Though he secretly loved the responsibility. He felt almost like a full medicine cat.

Northpath wasn't sure why he had been chosen for this role. Sure he had known Geckoleaf when he was still alive, but due to being in different clans and the circumstances during his apprenticeship the two hadn't been able to grow really close prior to his passing. It wasn't like he really connect to the medicine cat like he had connected to Cricketpaw. The two seemed to share the same fears as when they were training to succeed their mentor, and the two had similar ending. But what was he to say to Geckoleaf? This molly that he hadn't been able to speak to nearly as much as he had wished - though he had wished to befriend all of the medicine cats. What do I tell her? I'm good at healing the body, but what about the mind? I never had to before! He took a deep breath and tried to settle his thoughts.

"Hello Geckoleaf," the deceased apprentice offered a weak smile as he reached the medicine cat. The tom now stood at her shoulder, looking down at the molly. Is voice seemed to choke and stutter slightly. The tom wasn't a great actor nor liar, he never had to lie to someone or act like anything he wasn't. Northpath was an honest cat, whom could be read like a book. But right now he wanted to be calm, or at least come off as more relaxed than he actually was. He wanted Geckoleaf to know that everything was going to be okay - or at least if he accomplished his goal to help her, then it would be. "Should I ask something as cliche as 'how are you'?" A fragile purr rumbled in his throat at his own words.

(your post... god you're a good roleplayer, you're so good with words!)

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:56 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@Clover

Autumn orbs closed. The tom didn't want to see what he knew he was going to see. He had been sent in order to help Geckoleaf. The medicine cat needed to regain her sanity, she was the only medicine cat that Riverclan had now. Though he wouldn't bring that up - he knew how sensitive the molly must be about the murder of her beloved apprentice. He knew that she must be a mess after the death of Cricketpaw like Zerosight had been after he was killed. This was a delicate time for her. Her mental state was already strained and he didn't want to mess up... he feared shattering whatever sanity she had left.

Sitting in silence, the tom was placed not too far from Geckoleaf, but the grieving medicine cat hadn't seemed to notice him as she fell to the glittering ground. Northpath forced himself to look towards her, lifting his head to watch the fire colored molly observing a blade of grass. It was sadden to see a cat so heart-broken. Swallowing, the dark tabby slowly got up and padded towards her. His tail flicked out of nervous habit, but he tried to calm it. Thoughts were running through his head. It was strange, he had rehearsed what to say to Geckoleaf over and over in his head before but now that it was time to actually speak with her, his rehearsed words dissolved into the racing thoughts that unnerved him. It was almost like when he had first met Daypaw. He had to train the sole medicine cat of Shadowclan, and now he also had to help the sole medicine cat of Riverclan back onto her paws so that she could return to her duties.

Though he secretly loved the responsibility. He felt almost like a full medicine cat.

Northpath wasn't sure why he had been chosen for this role. Sure he had known Geckoleaf when he was still alive, but due to being in different clans and the circumstances during his apprenticeship the two hadn't been able to grow really close prior to his passing. It wasn't like he really connect to the medicine cat like he had connected to Cricketpaw. The two seemed to share the same fears as when they were training to succeed their mentor, and the two had similar ending. But what was he to say to Geckoleaf? This molly that he hadn't been able to speak to nearly as much as he had wished - though he had wished to befriend all of the medicine cats. What do I tell her? I'm good at healing the body, but what about the mind? I never had to before! He took a deep breath and tried to settle his thoughts.

"Hello Geckoleaf," the deceased apprentice offered a weak smile as he reached the medicine cat. The tom now stood at her shoulder, looking down at the molly. Is voice seemed to choke and stutter slightly. The tom wasn't a great actor nor liar, he never had to lie to someone or act like anything he wasn't. Northpath was an honest cat, whom could be read like a book. But right now he wanted to be calm, or at least come off as more relaxed than he actually was. He wanted Geckoleaf to know that everything was going to be okay - or at least if he accomplished his goal to help her, then it would be. "Should I ask something as cliche as 'how are you'?" A fragile purr rumbled in his throat at his own words.

(your post... god you're a good roleplayer, you're so good with words!)
Of course, she heard the light footsteps, crunching quietly through bramble and grass; they were just as foreign and unreal as the rest of StarClan. But the thing was, that she truly didn't care. Whoever had made them was just another character in this hellish nightmare that was her reality. And characters, they were made of brittle stuff; just as quickly as they could be created they could be destroyed.

Her eyes lazily drifted from the blade of grass, unfocusing and dilating as she looked up, slowly, towards the approaching figure. She could tell who it was, very quickly; the leafy amber eyes and thin body gave away Northpath, though his form was broken up and hazy. As he approached, slowly, cautiously, her eyes adjusted, though her mind didn't; Northpath's face came into view, and she could see his concern, his apprehension, and his nervousness; nervous about what? In this state, Geckoleaf knew she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone, let alone anything. She abstained from prey for days; herbs wouldn't keep a cat alive for long, though. She was afraid of causing more pain. Even now, her fur like spun starlight sagged. Without constant nourishment, she deteriorated quickly, having very little fat or muscle to sustain her starving body.

Geckoleaf listened absently to his words, face slack and emotionless, except for the constant darkness that burned just beyond her eyes, as if you really could see her soul through her dilated pupils. The ground underneath her was warm and inviting, and she sagged further, her limp body seeming to somehow melt further into the grass and dirt as if she'd become a part of the land itself, a living, breathing entity become nothing. That was truly what she wished to be; nothing. Her depression had overtaken her so fully that the most trivial task seemed a monumental occasion; every breath a marathon, every heartbeat a victory. Nothingness seemed preferable; the sweet embrace of cold darkness, a pool so languid that no movement could happen.

Anyone could tell that when she lost Cricketpaw, she lost herself.

"No words..." she whispered, more than she had spoken to anyone but Mistfall. Mistfall really had been her crutch. Sweet, allocentric Mistfall, bringing her food and water and spending as much time as she could with the mentally ailing medicine cat. Consoling her with what genuine words were possible; she was the closest thing to distilled kindness that Geckoleaf had ever seen. Without knowing it, the grey warrior had become the medicine cat's last tie to reality.

The fiery tabby looked towards Northpath again, thoughts dripping slowly into her mind, like honey left to tip out of a leaf. Maybe, could he really help her? Maybe, he could show her how to cope? She let out a shuddering sigh, chest deflating, her mind already resigned to the idea that, no, he would do nothing. Yet still, the tiniest beacon of hope gleamed somewhere in the dark fog, urging her to ask. "North..." she paused, gathering up more energy. "... Help me."

(i hope you don't mind me assuming that mistfall would try her best to help geckoleaf; i just feel like they are, as of right now, close enough friends for that to happen!)

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending

Last edited by Clover; July 25th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:10 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

@Clover

They felt numb. The evacuation had taken everything out of them. They could still feel their paw bleeding from where a claw was torn out. Under their ear bleed from their head being hit by a rock. Mud caked their fur up and down their legs to their belly fur. They shivered. Everything felt like nothing and everything at once. Their head pounded from the injury, making their vision hazy. Theyr body looked skinny, it clung close to their frame from the rain, you could see the ridges of bone. They had not eaten in awhile, or atleast, properly. Every pawstep felt like felt like a weight to them. They could have done it. They could have let go, only to be washed away in the current. They couldve died. They could still feel the water around them, their lings burning for air. They could still feel how cold but welcoming the water felt. Let go let go let go. Should've let go. They had made it up and down that hill so many times, carry patients and cats who needed to be saved. They could still feel Lambkit in their jaws, crying for their mother during the loud booms of thunder. They could still feel their teeth in Marshfurs scruff as they lifted her up the hill themselves single handedly. They could remmeber watching Morningpath get washed away in the black water with out a struggle. Its like he knew. Daypaw knew. They knew that couldve been their time. They could still feel Minkpaws claws in their scruff as they were lifted. Daypaw was going to let go, too. They were going to let go of everything. They were going to let go and let Cricketpaw carry them to Starclan. The thought made them happy. It was ironic, really. Daypaw could carry cats on their back to safety over and over, heal them to their greatest, yet, when it came to their own needs they lacked. They could still feel the chill of shock, the wind in their fur as they fell down the hill. It was like everything was in slow motion. Their head pounded once more and the medcat padded across the clearing, glaring at anycat who dare give them looks. Even in agony, Daypaw would not stand for pity. They limped to the medcat den, they could smell the fresh scent of herbs. they could locate it with their eyes closed. Once in the den they sputtered to see geckoleaf,"Shadowclan...flood." they felt they couldnt unlive that moment, that moment of pure fear of falling down that mudslide. They winced, coughing. The more they coughed, the more water oozed out of their mouth. They were dripping wet, bleeding, and shivering. For once, Daypaw looked small. No aggressive outlook, no snarky comments, no anger. Just small and scared. "Evacuation..my patients-" they grew weak, finding themselves falling to the ground on their side. The ground felt cool. It was dry, which made Daypaw happy. Who would take care of their patients? Who would make sure all of the queens and their kits were healthy? Who would check up on Halestorm to make sure their leader was all right? Their eyes were lidded weakly,"I saw her..I saw-" they were cut off with another cough, water oozing out of their mouth and onto the ground. They saw Cricketpaw. They couldnt get over it. She looked distressed from the flood, but she was healthy in Starclan. Thats all that mattered at the moment. Not their health, but that the cat Daypaw had every grown close to, was okay.

Last edited by graves; July 30th, 2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:37 AM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
@Clover

They felt numb. The evacuation had taken everything out of them. They could still feel their paw bleeding from where a claw was torn out. Under their ear bleed from their head being hit by a rock. Mud caked their fur up and down their legs to their belly fur. They shivered. Everything felt like nothing and everything at once. Their head pounded from the injury, making their vision hazy. Theyr body looked skinny, it clung close to their frame from the rain, you could see the ridges of bone. They had not eaten in awhile, or atleast, properly. Every pawstep felt like felt like a weight to them. They could have done it. They could have let go, only to be washed away in the current. They couldve died. They could still feel the water around them, their lings burning for air. They could still feel how cold but welcoming the water felt. Let go let go let go. Should've let go. They had made it up and down that hill so many times, carry patients and cats who needed to be saved. They could still feel Lambkit in their jaws, crying for their mother during the loud booms of thunder. They could still feel their teeth in Marshfurs scruff as they lifted her up the hill themselves single handedly. They could remmeber watching Morningpath get washed away in the black water with out a struggle. Its like he knew. Daypaw knew. They knew that couldve been their time. They could still feel Minkpaws claws in their scruff as they were lifted. Daypaw was going to let go, too. They were going to let go of everything. They were going to let go and let Cricketpaw carry them to Starclan. The thought made them happy. It was ironic, really. Daypaw could carry cats on their back to safety over and over, heal them to their greatest, yet, when it came to their own needs they lacked. They could still feel the chill of shock, the wind in their fur as they fell down the hill. It was like everything was in slow motion. Their head pounded once more and the medcat padded across the clearing, glaring at anycat who dare give them looks. Even in agony, Daypaw would not stand for pity. They limped to the medcat den, they could smell the fresh scent of herbs. they could locate it with their eyes closed. Once in the den they sputtered to see geckoleaf,"Shadowclan...flood." they felt they couldnt unlive that moment, that moment of pure fear of falling down that mudslide. They winced, coughing. The more they coughed, the more water oozed out of their mouth. They were dripping wet, bleeding, and shivering. For once, Daypaw looked small. No aggressive outlook, no snarky comments, no anger. Just small and scared. "Evacuation..my patients-" they grew weak, finding themselves falling to the ground on their side. The ground felt cool. It was dry, which made Daypaw happy. Who would take care of their patients? Who would make sure all of the queens and their kits were healthy? Who would check up on Halestorm to make sure their leader was all right? Their eyes were lidded weakly,"I saw her...I saw-" they were cut off with another cough, water oozing out of their mouth and onto the ground. They saw Cricketpaw. They couldnt get over it. She looked distressed from the flod, but she was healthy in Starclan. Thats all that mattered at the moment. Not their health, but that the cat Daypaw had every grown close to, was okay.
Geckoleaf had been sprawled apathetically in her nest, the same overwhelming sense of darkness draining her of all want to do anything. After the Gathering, she had felt re-energized from her encounter with Daypaw; she came straight home and ate several mice, and slaked her thirst well over. She got things done; but after the initial surge wore off, it was back to the same feeling of impending blackness, of the guilt and despair. But as soon as she heard paw steps in the entrance of her den, she sprung to her feet; she still felt a deep duty towards anyone who needed healing and tried to fix patients more vigorously than before. But when she saw Daypaw, it was a moment of pure dread; they were going to die too, her third apprentice, she would lose them like she had Cricketpaw, and Arcticpaw before. Instantly, her medically oriented mind sprang into action; she surveyed them in a moment, spying cuts and abrasions, from the flood they described, a missing claw that oozed blood, shivering and coughing more than likely from hypothermia and apoxia, possibly from being submerged into the fast flowing, cold liquid. Her face twisted with worry; the enby was in bad condition, worse than most, but she could only hope to fix them. Without another word, she rushed to the fallen apprentice's side. "Daypaw, I need you to relax. If you panic, then you'll fall further in shock. I see signs of hypothermia, hypoxia, and general shock. Focus on breathing," she murmured, softly, urgently, supporting the golden cat's head with a paw, as they wretched dirty water onto the ground, and into her fur. But, quickly, she realized they were too weak to even clear their lungs of water. And herbs wouldn't work fast enough; yarrow could help them, but not enough. She'd have to rely on a backup plan; her little-known healing power, something she was afraid of, but used on patients in emergency situations. If there was ever an emergency this was it. Letting out a deep breath, Geckoleaf reached out with her mind, mentally feeling for Daypaw. She found their biosign quickly; a small pocket of warmth, that was fading quickly. Reaching deeper, she was able to access the physical processes of the cat. Urgently she began to work; first, she forced their diaphragm and sides to contract, expelling most of the water from their lungs. The body took over; Daypaw was breathing again, clearer. Next, she turned to the wounds. The only thing she could do in such limited time was to cause the capillaries and major arteries to squeeze closed, enough to let blood flow, but still cutting off the dripping of it. She only checked the claw wound to make sure no bones were broken. The other most worrying thing was the hypothermia; this she could treat externally. Snapping out of her trance-like state, she sucked in a quick, steadying breath, then locked her teeth into Daypaw's scruff, pulling them into Cricketpaw's old nest without another thought. After they were situated, she curled around them, pressing her body against as much of the enby as possible, to ensure the best transfer of heat. Leaning to the side, she ripped some of the moss from the nest lining, dragging it over Daypaw as a makeshift blanket to help prevent further heat loss. Once again, she awkwardly enabled the use of her power, to literally transfer heat energy from her to Daypaw, making sure their extremities were properly warmed as well; if she wasn't careful, they may end up losing a toe or foot from frostbite. The technical side was completed; all she could do now was some personal patient care. "Daypaw, you're alright now; just relax, and talk to me. You have to stay awake; if you fall asleep, StarClan will take you away. The clans need you. I need you. So just stay awake, alright, my sunshine?" she cooed softly, her muzzle lowered to just next to the ear, which she began to mend using the same odd strength to sew the tissue back together, fixing nerves and extending blood vessels. When that was done, she began to gently groom their fur; her own was now clean, from the mental surge of energy Daypaw had given her, but she wanted the golden fur to shine. There were so many twigs, so much dirt, and mud; she wondered what the medicine cat apprentice had sacrificed of themselves to save their patients. Geckoleaf cleaned the entire side upright; she made sure that they stayed covered by moss the whole time, though. "Daypaw, love, you're safe. The world outside can't hurt you anymore; your patients are alright, and they will be until you can care for them."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:01 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Geckoleaf had been sprawled apathetically in her nest, the same overwhelming sense of darkness draining her of all want to do anything. After the Gathering, she had felt re-energized from her encounter with Daypaw; she came straight home and ate several mice, and slaked her thirst well over. She got things done; but after the initial surge wore off, it was back to the same feeling of impending blackness, of the guilt and despair. But as soon as she heard paw steps in the entrance of her den, she sprung to her feet; she still felt a deep duty towards anyone who needed healing and tried to fix patients more vigorously than before. But when she saw Daypaw, it was a moment of pure dread; they were going to die too, her third apprentice, she would lose them like she had Cricketpaw, and Arcticpaw before. Instantly, her medically oriented mind sprang into action; she surveyed them in a moment, spying cuts and abrasions, from the flood they described, a missing claw that oozed blood, shivering and coughing more than likely from hypothermia and apoxia, possibly from being submerged into the fast flowing, cold liquid. Her face twisted with worry; the enby was in bad condition, worse than most, but she could only hope to fix them. Without another word, she rushed to the fallen apprentice's side. "Daypaw, I need you to relax. If you panic, then you'll fall further in shock. I see signs of hypothermia, hypoxia, and general shock. Focus on breathing," she murmured, softly, urgently, supporting the golden cat's head with a paw, as they wretched dirty water onto the ground, and into her fur. But, quickly, she realized they were too weak to even clear their lungs of water. And herbs wouldn't work fast enough; yarrow could help them, but not enough. She'd have to rely on a backup plan; her little-known healing power, something she was afraid of, but used on patients in emergency situations. If there was ever an emergency this was it. Letting out a deep breath, Geckoleaf reached out with her mind, mentally feeling for Daypaw. She found their biosign quickly; a small pocket of warmth, that was fading quickly. Reaching deeper, she was able to access the physical processes of the cat. Urgently she began to work; first, she forced their diaphragm and sides to contract, expelling most of the water from their lungs. The body took over; Daypaw was breathing again, clearer. Next, she turned to the wounds. The only thing she could do in such limited time was to cause the capillaries and major arteries to squeeze closed, enough to let blood flow, but still cutting off the dripping of it. She only checked the claw wound to make sure no bones were broken. The other most worrying thing was the hypothermia; this she could treat externally. Snapping out of her trance-like state, she sucked in a quick, steadying breath, then locked her teeth into Daypaw's scruff, pulling them into Cricketpaw's old nest without another thought. After they were situated, she curled around them, pressing her body against as much of the enby as possible, to ensure the best transfer of heat. Leaning to the side, she ripped some of the moss from the nest lining, dragging it over Daypaw as a makeshift blanket to help prevent further heat loss. Once again, she awkwardly enabled the use of her power, to literally transfer heat energy from her to Daypaw, making sure their extremities were properly warmed as well; if she wasn't careful, they may end up losing a toe or foot from frostbite. The technical side was completed; all she could do now was some personal patient care. "Daypaw, you're alright now; just relax, and talk to me. You have to stay awake; if you fall asleep, StarClan will take you away. The clans need you. I need you. So just stay awake, alright, my sunshine?" she cooed softly, her muzzle lowered to just next to the ear, which she began to mend using the same odd strength to sew the tissue back together, fixing nerves and extending blood vessels. When that was done, she began to gently groom their fur; her own was now clean, from the mental surge of energy Daypaw had given her, but she wanted the golden fur to shine. There were so many twigs, so much dirt, and mud; she wondered what the medicine cat apprentice had sacrificed of themselves to save their patients. Geckoleaf cleaned the entire side upright; she made sure that they stayed covered by moss the whole time, though. "Daypaw, love, you're safe. The world outside can't hurt you anymore; your patients are alright, and they will be until you can care for them."
It felt every time they let in a gulp of air their wind pipe vibrated, still full of water. Daypaw couldnt describe it, it was the weirdest feeling in the entire time they were alive. It was the same kind of peacefulness they felt went in the dark water. the same feeling that they belong. Suddenly, their lungs contracted, heaving forward and vomiting every last bit of water they had in their lungs. No food had come up. They hadnt eaten. Lying there, they thought they were going to die. They thought the last thing they were see was the image of the cold, dry Riverclan floor because they were too late for themselves. But their body felt like it was glowing, pain starting to eb away as quickly as it came, they couldnt explain it. They thought they were simply going numb but it didnt have that same bitter cold feeling. It felt warm. Once dragged to Cricketpaws nest they could smell her familiar old scent still on the moss. They could feel Geckoleafs soothing words hum in their ears. They tried to sit up, eyes set on the door,"M-my patients I-" but they fell against the nest with another huff. Their mind was swirling. They could still hear the screams of cats who couldnt make it. They could still hear the boom of the thunder above them and how it rattled under their paws, shaking the ground and their chest. They could remember the lightning, how it flashed infront of their eyes like white fire. They could remember the water again. It was so loud, clashing against the hill. The small as Daypaw hit it and the coolness around their body. Daypaw cried. They hadnt cried in so long, they couldnt remember when they let it all out. It seemed to all build up in their head. The nightmares. The lack of sleep. The exhaustion. The hate they received for their gender. The lack of eating. The weakness in their body. No parents. No support. No mentor. No shoulder to cry on. Their father dying. Their mother not there. No loved ones who understood. No Cricketpaw. Cricketpaw. Cricketpaw. Daypaw wished they died. they wouldnt feel like this anymore. They sobbed, letting tears streak down their cheeks and onto the ground. Their lungs heaved, still sensitive. Everytime Daypaw caught their breath they let out another sob. Its as if this was all pent up for years and years coming. "I w-wanted t-to die Ge-cko," their voice cracked, followed along by another sob. They could barely catch their breath between sobs.They had the chance. They let go. They were saved. they were so close. so close.
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:15 AM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
It felt every time they let in a gulp of air their wind pipe vibrated, still full of water. Daypaw couldnt describe it, it was the weirdest feeling in the entire time they were alive. It was the same kind of peacefulness they felt went in the dark water. the same feeling that they belong. Suddenly, their lungs contracted, heaving forward and vomiting every last bit of water they had in their lungs. No food had come up. They hadnt eaten. Lying there, they thought they were going to die. They thought the last thing they were see was the image of the cold, dry Riverclan floor because they were too late for themselves. But their body felt like it was glowing, pain starting to eb away as quickly as it came, they couldnt explain it. They thought they were simply going numb but it didnt have that same bitter cold feeling. It felt warm. Once dragged to Cricketpaws nest they could smell her familiar old scent still on the moss. They could feel Geckoleafs soothing words hum in their ears. They tried to sit up, eyes set on the door,"M-my patients I-" but they fell against the nest with another huff. Their mind was swirling. They could still hear the screams of cats who couldnt make it. They could still hear the boom of the thunder above them and how it rattled under their paws, shaking the ground and their chest. They could remember the lightning, how it flashed infront of their eyes like white fire. They could remember the water again. It was so loud, clashing against the hill. The small as Daypaw hit it and the coolness around their body. Daypaw cried. They hadnt cried in so long, they couldnt remember when they let it all out. It seemed to all build up in their head. The nightmares. The lack of sleep. The exhaustion. The hate they received for their gender. The lack of eating. The weakness in their body. No parents. No support. No mentor. No shoulder to cry on. Their father dying. Their mother not there. No loved ones who understood. No Cricketpaw. Cricketpaw. Cricketpaw. Daypaw wished they died. they wouldnt feel like this anymore. They sobbed, letting tears streak down their cheeks and onto the ground. Their lungs heaved, still sensitive. Everytime Daypaw caught their breath they let out another sob. Its as if this was all pent up for years and years coming. "I w-wanted t-to die Ge-cko," their voice cracked, followed along by another sob. They could barely catch their breath between sobs.They had the chance. They let go. They were saved. they were so close. so close.
With small, jerky motions, Geckoleaf began to half-heartedly rock the apprentice, her tired muscles moving both of them back and forth, up and down, slightly, in a way a mother would calm their kit. The tears began to come; she could feel the shuddering in their chest, felt salty drops fall onto her fur. Gently, she nosed them off Daypaw's face, licking cleaning the fur even as more tears stained it salty. Their life had to have been so hard; so much discrimination, so much pain. So much all building up, cracking, like Geckoleaf had before. She understood it; maybe not exactly, but very close. Her own darkness, own sadness has been built behind a wall that came down, all at once, in a torrent of pure pain. The short breaths that they let out worried Geckoleaf; their lungs were undeniably weak, from extended time filled with water, along with exertion. "Day, you're not going anywhere. This is where you stay; with me. I know you want to die- want to go where you'll be free, with no pain. I've thought those same things, over and over, a self-deprecating loop. But you are staying here; I will give everything to keep you alive, my love." Her words were gentle but stern; she meant everything. Daypaw was so much like her; they had a past of abandonment and discrimination, something she had shared the experience of. But in a moment of reckless abandon, she felt a fierce feeling of maternal love swell within her, so bright and warm it seared at the edges of the void that had grown. "Daypaw, I love you, my sunshine; if I lost you, I would lose another one of my children. Even if the code says I cannot have my own kits, it never said I couldn't have my own children, adopted as you may be. I love you, Day, my little ray of hope; can you stay here, even just for me?" Geckoleaf mewed quietly, her cheek pressed against the damp one of the apprentice. "If you'll let me, I can be your mother and your mentor, your shoulder to cry on and your friend to turn to. If you'll let me only, my dearest."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending