Today 03:37 AM
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 03:21 AM

Old May 25th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Riverclan kit

My Mood: Hopeful
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Featherkit walked in with moss in her jaws, and said, 'Heaferfur! I foun some moss ozer by de elder's 'en, and I fought you couwd use it!' She looked around, although she couldn't see heatherfur. 'Heaferfur?' she called, then shrugged and turned to find a pile of moss. 'oph!' She said, walking over to the pile and placing her gathered moss. 'Dare!' she said. 'I hope heatherfur can find dat useful.' She sighed, and took a deep breath, then paused. She smelled borage leaves and a mix of fish. Mother? she called hopeful, she hadn't seen her mother since she left to hunt, and left featherkit and hazelkit behind. The only scent missing was a forest and tree scent, which she now knew as thunderclan scent. Hazelkit went of to follow their mother, featherkit followed but the scent of thunderclan overwhelmed her, she was scared and could no longer scent her sister. She ran instead, the opposite direction, up a hill, across a shallow river, and onto the moors. She rested there, under a gorse bush until she heard a rabbit nearby. She thought of the trees and realised this was nowhere close to where her mother could be and so she waited until all the noises faded into sleep, and then traveled further and across a hard long rock thing until she came to a large field with a faint scent of twolegs and a different animal she could not recognize. She rested there and kept walking after awhile, and then there were marshes with trees and bushes. 'Yes,' she thought, recognizing the welcoming fishy scent her mother had, 'this must be it.' Featherkit opened her eyes, realizing she fell asleep. She shook her head and started back to the nursery.
Old May 30th, 2018, 04:29 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherflight View Post
Featherkit walked in with moss in her jaws, and said, 'Heaferfur! I foun some moss ozer by de elder's 'en, and I fought you couwd use it!' She looked around, although she couldn't see heatherfur. 'Heaferfur?' she called, then shrugged and turned to find a pile of moss. 'oph!' She said, walking over to the pile and placing her gathered moss. 'Dare!' she said. 'I hope heatherfur can find dat useful.' She sighed, and took a deep breath, then paused. She smelled borage leaves and a mix of fish. Mother? she called hopeful, she hadn't seen her mother since she left to hunt, and left featherkit and hazelkit behind. The only scent missing was a forest and tree scent, which she now knew as thunderclan scent. Hazelkit went of to follow their mother, featherkit followed but the scent of thunderclan overwhelmed her, she was scared and could no longer scent her sister. She ran instead, the opposite direction, up a hill, across a shallow river, and onto the moors. She rested there, under a gorse bush until she heard a rabbit nearby. She thought of the trees and realised this was nowhere close to where her mother could be and so she waited until all the noises faded into sleep, and then traveled further and across a hard long rock thing until she came to a large field with a faint scent of twolegs and a different animal she could not recognize. She rested there and kept walking after awhile, and then there were marshes with trees and bushes. 'Yes,' she thought, recognizing the welcoming fishy scent her mother had, 'this must be it.' Featherkit opened her eyes, realizing she fell asleep. She shook her head and started back to the nursery.
(Hello love! Currently, Featherkit is in a queue to visit Heatherfur, and since none of her general roleplay spots have opened up she isn't free at the moment. Also, it would be lovely if you could wait until I let you know to post in this den! It throws off the organization of it for me ^^ I'll mention you in the Healing Thread and leave you a message on your profile once she is free! Thank you love! ^^)
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:16 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

@Mauve

daydream was honestly agitated. comforted their dead adoptive mothers lover? not a great experience. it went worse then they had planned but they had originally came here to train heatherfur. it felt like they were training half of the damn forest at this point but they didnt mind in reality, they didnt want my clan going defensless, no matter what the rivalries were. daydream padded into the den, ears low and sniffling, cheek fur wet as if they had been crying. but their eyes were in slits and tail lashing so they were obviously pissed. "heatherfur?" they spoked, head turning to look around the familiar den. they hadnt been here since juniperpaw went missing. they missed her. "I came to stop by for a pop up training session, hope i didnt interrupt anything important. its the only free time i have between training you, flashpaw, and oriolepaw right now."
Old June 28th, 2018, 10:55 AM
stardust memories

@king kaleb!

To Heatherfur, the days just seemed to blur together. Activity in her den had been slow, with practically zero patients coming in search of healing. Not that the light furred tabby minded. Her head felt foggy as if she was swimming through a thick cloud of stream, her senses dulled by the dampness of it all. Surgestorm's death was still fresh in her mind, and her once shimmering gaze was now dark and hollow. She was beginning to think out a bit, neglecting the fresh-kill pile in favor of sleeping. Sleeping in hopes of waking up in StarClan's territory, reunited with her friend who had been taken too soon. Not much else mattered to the RiverClan medicine cat at the moment, much less taking care of herself.

As paw steps sounded by the entrance of her den, however, her ears twitched and surprise glittering across her expression as she looked up from where she was laying in her nest. "Oh, hello Daydream," Heatherfur called, clearing her throat after she'd finished speaking. Her voice was a bit groggy from not having used it in awhile. Pushing herself to her paws, she glanced around the den. It wasn't that it was messy, but there were definitely specks of dust on the floor and debris here and there that could've easily been cleaned up with the swipe of her tail. But Heatherfur couldn't even bring herself to do that. Too much death and destruction had happened recently. Focusing her hollowed gaze on the ShadowClan medicine cat's face. "Training? Oh, right. I'd almost forgotten. Right now is as good of time as any," she replied, attempting to shake the dust off her fur.
Old July 4th, 2018, 04:12 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
@king kaleb!

To Heatherfur, the days just seemed to blur together. Activity in her den had been slow, with practically zero patients coming in search of healing. Not that the light furred tabby minded. Her head felt foggy as if she was swimming through a thick cloud of stream, her senses dulled by the dampness of it all. Surgestorm's death was still fresh in her mind, and her once shimmering gaze was now dark and hollow. She was beginning to think out a bit, neglecting the fresh-kill pile in favor of sleeping. Sleeping in hopes of waking up in StarClan's territory, reunited with her friend who had been taken too soon. Not much else mattered to the RiverClan medicine cat at the moment, much less taking care of herself.

As paw steps sounded by the entrance of her den, however, her ears twitched and surprise glittering across her expression as she looked up from where she was laying in her nest. "Oh, hello Daydream," Heatherfur called, clearing her throat after she'd finished speaking. Her voice was a bit groggy from not having used it in awhile. Pushing herself to her paws, she glanced around the den. It wasn't that it was messy, but there were definitely specks of dust on the floor and debris here and there that could've easily been cleaned up with the swipe of her tail. But Heatherfur couldn't even bring herself to do that. Too much death and destruction had happened recently. Focusing her hollowed gaze on the ShadowClan medicine cat's face. "Training? Oh, right. I'd almost forgotten. Right now is as good of time as any," she replied, attempting to shake the dust off her fur.
they could tell something was wrong. they just had a feeling. they knew because they could see themself for a moment. letting a death eat someone alive. they didnt pity heatherfur, she deserved more then pity. they wanted to help her obviously. you cant heal a clan if you havent healed yourself. they walked in the den a bit more, using a front paw to sweep a bit of debris out of the way and to the edges of the den, making it a bit cleaner. "for starters, were going to clean your pelt and clean up this den before we do anything else." they mewed. their voice wasnt stern, just casual, understanding why it was this way. "ill show you how to organize and put herbs into categories so.." they paused, looking over in a corner of the den on the floor,"perfectly good herbs arent getting stepped on." cleaning up around the place and cleaning yourself sometimes made you feel better. it made you feel in order, like you did something that day. like you felt useful and didnt just sit around.
Old July 6th, 2018, 01:24 PM
stardust memories

@king kaleb!

A soft sigh left Heatherfur's lips, but she knew the ShadowClan medicine cat was right. The molly had let her sadness spiral into and around her den - and perhaps thats why no cat was bothering to cross over into the den. The once serene space probably protruded out like a thorn in the ground, the mood that seemed to circulate Heatherfur drifting out lift outstretched claws, threatening anyone who dared come close. It wasn't how the she-cat wanted to be known around RiverClan, especially not while she was still forming a first impression with most of the cats. "You're right," she murmured, shaking her head and the rest of her body as if to shake the sadness and grief off. Despite her best efforts, it clung to her like burrs on her pelt, so instead she simply padded over to where Daydream stood.

"I tried to put them away after I traveled to WindClan's border..." Heatherfur offered, following their gaze around the den. "After Oriolepaw told me... told me what happened, I couldn't sleep." It was hard for the RiverClan medicine cat to recall that night. It was just like any other night, but inside her heart a chaotic storm had erupted. She'd come back to the den distraught and angry. Tears stung the bottom of her eyes and she had all but trashed the den. "But that's no excuse." Heatherfur felt disgusted with herself. She had warrior training and warrior blood pumping through her veins for StarClans sake. I should be tougher than this, she thought as she let her tail down, sweeping up the remaining debris off to the side.
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:11 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:

@king kaleb!

A soft sigh left Heatherfur's lips, but she knew the ShadowClan medicine cat was right. The molly had let her sadness spiral into and around her den - and perhaps thats why no cat was bothering to cross over into the den. The once serene space probably protruded out like a thorn in the ground, the mood that seemed to circulate Heatherfur drifting out lift outstretched claws, threatening anyone who dared come close. It wasn't how the she-cat wanted to be known around RiverClan, especially not while she was still forming a first impression with most of the cats. "You're right," she murmured, shaking her head and the rest of her body as if to shake the sadness and grief off. Despite her best efforts, it clung to her like burrs on her pelt, so instead she simply padded over to where Daydream stood.

"I tried to put them away after I traveled to WindClan's border..." Heatherfur offered, following their gaze around the den. "After Oriolepaw told me... told me what happened, I couldn't sleep." It was hard for the RiverClan medicine cat to recall that night. It was just like any other night, but inside her heart a chaotic storm had erupted. She'd come back to the den distraught and angry. Tears stung the bottom of her eyes and she had all but trashed the den. "But that's no excuse." Heatherfur felt disgusted with herself. She had warrior training and warrior blood pumping through her veins for StarClans sake. I should be tougher than this, she thought as she let her tail down, sweeping up the remaining debris off to the side.
they were quiet for a moment, listening to heatherfur speak. they could see themselves in her. after cricketpaw had died, after geckoleaf had died, and junipers disappearance. they sighed, nudging along debris along with her. "when cricketpaw was slaughtered i thought my whole world ended, you know." they mewed, looking in the same nest she had slept in. they walked over to it, smelling it for a second. her scent had faded a long time ago. they forgot what she smelt like now. "she was my best friend. and its only now that i realized i used to love her more than that." they hummed quietly, amber hues still gazing at the nest, before looking up towards heather again. "but if geckoleaf had taught me anything before she died was that you cant live for the people youve lost. you cant spend every breathing moment on what you could be, what you couldve done." they remember not eating, not sleeping. they still struggle with that to this day. but on geckoleafs death bed she told them to live for themselves, to live in the moment. and thats what they were going to do. "you cant let this loss eat and tear at you, or youll go down too." they mewed a bit sterner, in an affectionate way,"and riverclan needs you. if they lose another medicine cat..i dont know what theyll do, heatherfur."
Old July 16th, 2018, 02:25 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
they were quiet for a moment, listening to heatherfur speak. they could see themselves in her. after cricketpaw had died, after geckoleaf had died, and junipers disappearance. they sighed, nudging along debris along with her. "when cricketpaw was slaughtered i thought my whole world ended, you know." they mewed, looking in the same nest she had slept in. they walked over to it, smelling it for a second. her scent had faded a long time ago. they forgot what she smelt like now. "she was my best friend. and its only now that i realized i used to love her more than that." they hummed quietly, amber hues still gazing at the nest, before looking up towards heather again. "but if geckoleaf had taught me anything before she died was that you cant live for the people youve lost. you cant spend every breathing moment on what you could be, what you couldve done." they remember not eating, not sleeping. they still struggle with that to this day. but on geckoleafs death bed she told them to live for themselves, to live in the moment. and thats what they were going to do. "you cant let this loss eat and tear at you, or youll go down too." they mewed a bit sterner, in an affectionate way,"and riverclan needs you. if they lose another medicine cat..i dont know what theyll do, heatherfur."
Heatherfur was so wrapped up in her loss with Surgestorm that she had almost forgotten that she was with probably the only other cat in the forest who understood what she was going through. Pale eyes filled with sadness, she glanced up at where Daydream had padded over to. It was a nest that Heatherfur hadn't gotten around to breaking down yet. It still had a slight hint of Juniperpaw's scent, and it lay right next to one of the bigger nests, which was beginning to have her scent over it. For the first time, she felt a pang of what it must've been like for RiverClan to loose so many of their medicine cats. She hadn't known any of them really, aside from Geckoleaf when she was an apprentice way back in WindClan so many moons ago. From what she'd observed at Gatherings and heard, she was a well respected cat, one that Surgestorm had called a friend. She hadn't heard of Cricketpaw, but from the tone in Daydream's voice she knew it was a special feline."I'm so sorry..." she murmured, coming over to rest her tail across the ShadowClan medicine cat's back. She was beginning to realize more and more how much they had in common, and if anything Heatherfur felt just a bit lighter.

But there was work that needed to be done, and Daydream was right. She couldn't let this eat away at her. Surgestorm would've scolded her for turning her back on her new Clan. She needed to learn how to heal and how to fix her Clan, otherwise they would continue the cycle of medicine cats. The light tabby cleared her throat and gave herself another shake, focusing on pushing the foggy memories of the deceased out of her mind. "You're right," she managed to get out, the pain she'd felt in her chest dimming just slightly. A little more focused and alert now, she concentrated on the herb wall before looking over at Daydream expectantly. "Let's get started."
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:39 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Heatherfur was so wrapped up in her loss with Surgestorm that she had almost forgotten that she was with probably the only other cat in the forest who understood what she was going through. Pale eyes filled with sadness, she glanced up at where Daydream had padded over to. It was a nest that Heatherfur hadn't gotten around to breaking down yet. It still had a slight hint of Juniperpaw's scent, and it lay right next to one of the bigger nests, which was beginning to have her scent over it. For the first time, she felt a pang of what it must've been like for RiverClan to loose so many of their medicine cats. She hadn't known any of them really, aside from Geckoleaf when she was an apprentice way back in WindClan so many moons ago. From what she'd observed at Gatherings and heard, she was a well respected cat, one that Surgestorm had called a friend. She hadn't heard of Cricketpaw, but from the tone in Daydream's voice she knew it was a special feline."I'm so sorry..." she murmured, coming over to rest her tail across the ShadowClan medicine cat's back. She was beginning to realize more and more how much they had in common, and if anything Heatherfur felt just a bit lighter.

But there was work that needed to be done, and Daydream was right. She couldn't let this eat away at her. Surgestorm would've scolded her for turning her back on her new Clan. She needed to learn how to heal and how to fix her Clan, otherwise they would continue the cycle of medicine cats. The light tabby cleared her throat and gave herself another shake, focusing on pushing the foggy memories of the deceased out of her mind. "You're right," she managed to get out, the pain she'd felt in her chest dimming just slightly. A little more focused and alert now, she concentrated on the herb wall before looking over at Daydream expectantly. "Let's get started."
"im always right," they snorted, turning towards her. they didnt like to think about the past anymore, they had done it for so long. but to be in this place..to see the nest cricketpaw had slept in, the one where juniper and gecko laid in too, it was alot. they had been daydreams family, and now they were gone. they wondered what wouldve been cricketpaws full name, or junipers. that maybe they couldve gotten their names together or something. there were so many what ifs that kept them up at night. it was the reason they did so poorly taking care of themselves, how they refused to eat, and so on. but they didnt let that show normally, they pushed it away to put their clan first. "im going to reorganize these herbs you have, while you clean yourself. okay?" they mewed. a little spring cleaning was due, both for heatherfur and this den apparently. "and while youre doing that run through what herbs you already know." they turned towards the herb wall, paws already starting to grab at herbs and take them out of their messy place.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:13 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"im always right," they snorted, turning towards her. they didnt like to think about the past anymore, they had done it for so long. but to be in this place..to see the nest cricketpaw had slept in, the one where juniper and gecko laid in too, it was alot. they had been daydreams family, and now they were gone. they wondered what wouldve been cricketpaws full name, or junipers. that maybe they couldve gotten their names together or something. there were so many what ifs that kept them up at night. it was the reason they did so poorly taking care of themselves, how they refused to eat, and so on. but they didnt let that show normally, they pushed it away to put their clan first. "im going to reorganize these herbs you have, while you clean yourself. okay?" they mewed. a little spring cleaning was due, both for heatherfur and this den apparently. "and while youre doing that run through what herbs you already know." they turned towards the herb wall, paws already starting to grab at herbs and take them out of their messy place.
The medicine cat watched as Daydream made their way over to where a tangle of herbs lay on the floor. Heatherfur sincerely hoped that none of them had withered away during the dark time that had haunted her since discovering Surgestorm's death. What good was she to RiverClan if in her "disappearance" all her supplies had gone bad? She shook her head as if she couldn't bear the thought and focused on smoothing down her fur, taking her time and making sure each stroke of her tongue was making headway on her somewhat frazzled pelt. "I only had two training sessions with Surgestorm," she offered, racking her brain to recall the herbs and their uses that she had learned. "I know the basics; cobwebs, marigold, dried oak leaves, honey, horsetail, sweet sedge, catchweed, and goldenrod. Then we moved on to traveling herbs, just incase Fallenstar or Rowanflower needed to visit the StarCave. Those consisde of burnet, chamomile, daisies, sorrel, and ragwort." It had been easy to remember them, as Heatherfur had always a good sense of diligence and concentration when it came to perfecting new tasks. She reflected on each of their meanings for a bit in her head before continuing to smooth down her fur, switching her neck to work on the other side.