Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 03:21 PM
'Shadows of the Moon' [T]
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 03:18 PM
Knowledge trading center
by hades.
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 03:00 PM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:55 PM

Old May 31st, 2018, 12:17 AM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Frog's Travels

(@Suspiciousmindz Not sure if you wanted to rename it or leave it as this, but since they're technically not in WindClan territory yet, I thought they could start out here! Not sure who all is traveling with Frog still, but perhaps this could start off as Cobra and Frog simply taking a walk?)

It was a rather nice day outside, with a slight breeze rushing through the tall blades of grass and birds chirping greetings to one another. The sun shone brightly up above as only a few clouds dotted the light blue stretch of sky. Peaceful serenity seemed to glaze over the land as two felines made their way across the terrain. The smaller, and obviously younger, black tom, whose name was Cobra, looked content, his smaller legs working to keep up with the older tom beside him. His green eyes, so vibrant and deep, shone like tiny moss-covered rocks against his pitch black fur. They were narrowed slightly, showing that he was lost deep in thought. Nothing about the current path he was on. It was about a dream he had recently, but wouldn't probably bring up. Not to his companion, at least.

"It's almost greenleaf," Cobra smiled, letting the soft breeze glaze through his thin tuxedo fur, the ends ruffling up a bit as his whiskers billowed back across his cheeks. The scent of rabbits danced past his nose, and the young tom blinked, anticipation striking his limbs. "Dad, can you show me those hunting techniques again? I don't want to get rusty." He wasn't complaining. But it seemed that all they ever did anymore was travel - no time to practice. Only just recently had they stopped to take a break, in which Cobra had persuaded his dad to go for a walk and explore. Something about the territory they were on seemed familiar to Cobra, as if his paws had graced the terrain once before, perhaps in another life. He didn't dwell on it much longer and instead turned to look at the feline next to him, green eyes sparkling with the same anticipation that raced through him like a wildfire.

Last edited by Mauve; May 31st, 2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old June 11th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Frog's Travels

@Mauve
[sorry for the delay!]

Frog was enjoying the breeze, his whiskers swaying with the wind as it twisted around his body, flowing through his short fur. The black and white tom loved days like these. It was the reason he was still out here, still living outside the clans. He simply couldn't see himself living within one right now, not with his kittens and his mate here.

"It sure is almost greenleaf," he replied, giving Cobra a side glance, his eyes alight with emotion. This was the happiest he'd been in a while. It was like he was finally getting a break from all the pain he'd endured the last few years. Now everything was worth it. Nettle and their family was perfect the way they were, even if the tom would be broken forever. "Are you hungry? Why don't you test them on a real piece of prey this time," he spoke, his head shifted towards the smaller feline while his tail tip twitching a bit with anticipation of the answer.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old June 13th, 2018, 06:02 PM
stardust memories

@Suspiciousmindz
(Oh absolutely no worries! ^^)

It hadn't ever occurred to the tuxedo tom that he'd actually get to test them out on live prey, as Cobra figured his father would be the one to catch anything on their stroll. But now the idea was planted firmly in his head and his green eyes narrowed, determination racing down his pelt and to the tip of his tail. "Okay!" he grinned, the excitement at his first hunting expedition being presented before him obvious across his expression. He swung his head around and scanned the area around them, a soft breeze whistling through the blades of grass under paw.

Many scents danced around Cobra's nose, and as he parted his jaws he began to distinguish his and Frog's from the rest. It wasn't too difficult to pin point the faint trace of a sparrow nearby, perhaps risking a moment of vulnerability to enjoy the sunshine. Foolish, he thought to himself as he slipped into a hunters' crouch, one that Frog had shown him a couple days ago. He slid across the grass smoothly, like water over rocks, until he came up on a hilltop and spotted the black feathered creature huddled over a grass-barren spot, it's beak pecking repeatedly at the ground in search of prey of its own. He knew his speed would be enough to get him across the short distance, and from the breeze ruffling his pelt it was clear to see he was downwind. Moving his haunches in the air once, twice, and then a third time, Cobra shot off like a bullet. He became a blur to any cat watching, and as he struck out his claws like lightening towards the bird, it turned it's head. The tom crashed into the bird, a flurry of feathers, fur, and dust circling the grass, until the short-lived squawk was silenced.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Just A Fossil

@Mauve
Frog's eyes lit up with amusement when seeing his son's reaction to his statement. He hated seeing how quickly his kits were growing up, but here they were right in front of him, learning to hunt to survive on their own. As much as he hated to admit it, they'd be leaving Nettle and him before they knew it to start their own adventure. Then he'd face the challenge of asking Nettle to join him in WindClan. Blazingstar would accept them back, no problem, but he wasn't sure if she was ready for Clan life. He wasn't ready to go back, but his age was going to force him to.

The moment Cobra crouched down to stalk forward, Frog got low to the ground as he didn't want to disturb his hunt. This was a curtsy he learned in WindClan that he'd noticed not many loners do. When his son finished his hunt, Frog got to his paws and trotted over to meet him. His tail was high in the air and his eyes bright with encouragement. "Congratulations, Cobra! That's a nice catch!" he purred happily.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old June 28th, 2018, 11:45 AM
stardust memories

@Suspiciousmindz

Pride filled his veins as Cobra heard his father's praise. The now dead saprrow laid limp at his paws as he moved his gaze to meet Frog's. "Thanks, dad," he purred, his striking green eyes dancing in excitement. Methodically, he began to burry the prey to come back for it later, wanting to bring it back to where the rest of the family was gathered and let his mother and sisters have the first few bites. Not that prey wasn't plentiful, but it just felt right to Cobra. After all, he was beginning to realize just how important family was. It was just him, his dad, his mom, and his three siblings. They had all stuck together since he could remember, and the last thing Cobra wanted was to selfishly take this bird for himself. I can always catch more too. My hunting it getting better, he thought with a grin.

"I feel like my tracking is getting better too. I'm practicing every day we travel," Cobra continued, waving his tail in the air once he was done covering up the sparrow. A soft breeze whistled by, rifling through his tuxedo pelt and blowing his whiskers gently back against his face. "And those hunting move you taught me - they work really well out here on the open moors." A part of Cobra wondered how much of Clan life his father really remembered. He knew the hunting moves definitely came from there. "Hey dad," he asked, thinking about how to word his question, since he had asked it so many times before. Shuffling his paws in a rather nervous fashion - uncharacteristically nervous for Cobra - he took a breath before continuing. "What else do you remember about Clan life?"
Old July 7th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Just A Fossil

@Mauve

"It all comes with practice. You'll be able to hunt on your own before you know it," he spoke, although the idea scared him. The last time he allowed someone he loved to hunt on their own, they were killed. It left a very deep scar in the way Frog saw things now. He didn't want any of his kits to be let out alone, but he knew at some point they would all go their own ways, just as he did. It was just a matter of time. For now, Frog would enjoy their company and do anything he could to ensure they had the best possible life. "You can even teach your siblings soon, I'm sure they'll be just as excited for you as I am," he purred softly, forgetting his fears.

The next question was something Cobra asked frequently. While, he didn't mind that he asked, there were times where Frog wasn't sure what he should and shouldn't tell his kitten. "I remember a lot of things. Clan life isn't something you just forget about, it's a lifestyle, that's for sure. Living on your own is a lot tougher, but you wouldn't understand that because you were born out here," he spoke, looking back down at Cobra. There was so many things that occurred. The most significant was Cobraspirit's death, but his son already knew all about his uncle. Things that followed, which Frog kept mainly to himself, were Heatherbird, his older litter, and the coalition he was apart of to liberate WindClan. Those parts were to be left for another day, especially Halestorm's coalition. War was something he didn't wish to talk about with Cobra yet as it was a hard thing to accept in life.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old August 20th, 2018, 04:13 PM
stardust memories

@Suspiciousmindz

The curiosity that burned deep within the walls of Cobra's heart was definitely a challenge to quench. Ever since he could remember, the young tom had yearned to as much knowledge as he could gain, always wanting to know each and every little detail about, well, everything. Especially Clan life. He knew his father was aware of how intrigued Cobra was of the past, but recently the young black kitten had been curios to discover for himself what exactly it was like. Not that he even knew where to start looking. He knew they were around the Clans, but Cobra wasn't exactly sure which direction WindClan lay in. Perhaps, if he did decide to go seek it out, his paws would lead him in the right direction. But telling his family that he was leaving... well, that wasn't something he wanted to do quite yet. "Yeah, and then perhaps we can all hunt together as a family," he replied, a grin stretching across his face.

Cobra wasn't surprised that his dad didn't really continue with the conversation. The question had come up more than once, and now it must've seemed like Cobra was trying to dig deeper into Clan history. Not once had he asked about potentially visiting, or going to see what it was like, but perhaps the timing would be different now. They were all older, him and his siblings, and it wasn't like Frog to sever all of the ties he had with the old Clan. "Would you ever... take us to visit?" It was a bold question, one that Cobra had been working up the nerve to ask. He already had it made up in his mind that one way or another he would visit the mythical WindClan one day, but maybe he'd been wrong to think Frog would never take them to visit. Of course, if the answer was no... Cobra pushed that thought to the back of his mind, looking up at Frog with curious green eyes.

Last edited by Mauve; August 20th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old August 21st, 2018, 02:24 PM
Just A Fossil

@Mauve

Frog gave the kitten a small nod in agreement. "We could take down half the hares on the moor if we hunted together!" he exclaimed with a purr. The black and white tom was then taken aback by the question that was thrown at him. His yellow hues flashed with something unknown as his heart raced a little. Would he? Everything he went back, something horrible happened. The last time he was in WindClan, he had to bury is dead kit. The thought broke his heart, he'd never told Cobra or his siblings about their half-siblings. He had no idea what they were doing, was that wrong?

"Um, maybe when you're a bit bigger..." he replied with a small stutter in his voice. "The clans aren't as welcoming to outsiders, even WindClan," he commented, although he knew Blazingstar would take him back in a heartbeat. He'd take them all in.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL