Today 02:46 AM

Old April 15th, 2024, 08:12 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
Between Fallownose's death and the nightmare that Blazingstar had pulled her into, Bravebird had not been getting much sleep. It wasn't taking a toll outside of her developing a bit of tiredness in the bottom of her paw pads. She couldn't afford to sleep right now, because there was much to be done. Was she considering the idea of approaching Twilightstar to see what she could take off her plate? Yes. Did she feel guilty for it so soon after her close friends death? Absolutely. It was a conundrum she was in.

Thankfully Swiftfire's call spared her from anymore thinking. She could focus on gathering herbs. Thunderglade? Bravebird had just gone there with Dustypaw, and while they had looked for marigold and daisy leaves she hadn't taken a moment to seek out cobwebs or moss. "I say we go near Sedgewater Valley and take what we can from those retched fish," came the muttered reply with a scoff and a smirk. But of course that was all just hot air - Brave knew she, nor the rest of WindClan, would ever cross the border to do so.

Besides, their patrol leader was already making a break for the entrance. With a swish of her tail and a glance towards Hawkfur should the tom also heed the call, then to Poppysong with a grin, Bravebird followed swiftly after their patrol leader.

[ Swiftfire - @Tiabirb ] [ Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [ Hawkfur - @Mica ]
Old April 16th, 2024, 10:54 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes ]
Purrks: Flock Together T3
· · ────────────── · ·
[Bravebird - @taillow ] [Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [Swiftfire - @Tiabirb ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur's dark red ear flicked when he heard his name, the warrior padding over to greet his patrolmates with a dip of his head and in Poppysong and Bravebird's cases, a wry smile. "Mornin'."

He followed them out, rather excited to get and actually do a patrol. He was feeling rather weary recently, with everything going on. Hopefully this would breathe some life back into him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old April 17th, 2024, 10:39 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

Lightningstorm paced back and forth, her dark paws wearing a small hole by the Galewood's base as she awaited the return of her patrols. Of any patrol. She needed herbs, and she needed them now. Gratefully, sooner rather than later, a familiar face made it through the camp's entrance, and instant relief washed over the medicine cat's gaze. Despite herself, she had found herself becoming fond of the dark, striped tom. There was something about him that reminded her of her uncle, in a goofy way. He also seemed to be reliable, which was more than she could say about the rest of the clan. Scalescar's notable absence a good example of this. It was a bad place to be in. A trap, really, to feel anything resembling trust for the cats who would be the death of her. But she supposed she had always been a social butterfly of sorts, even now as she resided in the prison she'd once called home.

His report left her with a neutral expression, the news of the gray tom's lack of effort really not surprising her. She hadn't seen him in camp since she'd called to him, either, now that she thought about it. Perhaps the warrior had simply decided to leave. It was an odd way of trying to make amends and be friends as he'd put it last they had spoken, especially considering the trust she had placed on his shoulders by appointing him lead of the patrol. And all that had accomplished was less herbs and a bickering twosome. The instant lesson on not deluding herself with pointless trust was well understood, at the very least.

"I wouldn't say no to more cobwebs if you can get them, really. With those minks about, odds are we are going to be using more of these than I normally keep stocked. Don't feel obliged to run them down for me though, love. You've done your part, and I know you're well injured. Take a rest. I'll keep an eye out for Scalescar and see what the bloody hell is going on in that head of his later," she responded, pointedly ignoring the bickering with Swiftfire.

That seemed like a more personal matter that she had no real say in. Cats not liking each other was not something she could comment on. She mostly loathed everyone, after all. Perhaps she should make a remark on that. On how even with her distaste for WindClan she still forced herself to give it her all every day, knowing very well how it would all end. But she noted that... she felt a strange churning in her gut at the mere idea of telling Crowtooth that she loathed the clan... because that meant telling him that she essentially despised him as well and... She wasn't sure if that was the truth anymore. Shaking her head to herself, Lightningstorm dipped her head, grabbing the herbs before heading towards her den to take care of the injured patrol.

@Rani [Crowtooth]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old April 17th, 2024, 11:07 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
Trotting back into camp and heading straight to Lightningstorm with an extra bit of speed in her step with Dustypaw in tow (hoping the apprentice had managed to grab something extra). Setting the four flowers and springy patch of moss down, Bravebird lifted her head and offered a small grin towards the medicine cat. "Right on the wire, so I apologize for that," came the cheeky reply with a wave of her tail. "Got some good stuff for you - some of those marigold flowers, and then some daisies. And a patch of moss - it's all I could carry back." Bravebird then turned to look to see if Dustypaw was following them, wondering what he'd managed to pick up.

[ Lightningstorm - @Alchemist Kitsune ] [ Dustypaw - @starry ]
[ wanted to get this reported! here and here are the posts of brave's herb collecting! ]
Old April 19th, 2024, 11:26 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

Pacing back and forth as she'd been, Lightningstorm almost missed the arrival of yet another patrol, a sigh of relief escaping her. Mushrooms and moss! Neither herb was highly perishable, but they were of immense use to her, especially now with the minks about. Confusion creasing her brow momentarily as she met Dustbunny halfway through the clearing, her gaze went straight towards the entrance in an attempt to find Fieldspark and Caterpillarpaw. Even as she failed at spotting them, the medicine cat couldn't help but scowl at the tunneler's report. Thank the stars at least one of the cats in the patrol could be depended on. She had hoped that Caterpillarpaw would be more proactive with her mentor so severely wounded. That she would have been eager to go get the much needed herbs that might save his life. Evidently she had been mistaken. The paw was well on her way on becoming one of WindClan's finest, no doubt.

"Don't apologize, love. It's not your fault. As it is, you've brought more than I usually find on my own. This will be proper helpful. I'll check up on the other two later, no need to trouble yourself over it. Thanks for the lot," the medicine cat mewed, half exasperated in Dustbunny's behalf, half rushed to get back to her patients. She felt much more confident treating them with these resources at paw now.

@Moonraven [Dustbunny]

Old April 21st, 2024, 04:02 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active

The medicine cat had just finished caring for her patients with the supplies she had obtained and had gone out of her den for some fresh air. Not all of the patrols had returned, and some of them had to travel further than others. Or find rarer herbs. As long as they came back, the lithe calico could hardly say she would be angry about it. A good thing, as well, considering that another patrol seemed to be making its way back, sans one patrol member. Not that the spotted molly could say she was surprised. With the minks making even more of a mess than before, she wouldn't be shocked to learn that Fallownose had rushed to Twilightstar to give her the news.

Upon approach of the two felines, she took note of how the apprentice seemed to be carrying and leading the patrol back. Hollowfoot was quick to explain the situation, and a befuddled expression marred the oriental mix's eyes. Why had they run away? Didn't they know that as long as you were polite and soft spoken around them, the bees didn't mind if you took a little bit of their honeycomb or two? Although come to think of it, Cowtuft had always seemed a bit stupefied at her ability to get honey so easily. Oh well fox dung... Was it not that easy for everyone else? Oops? Maybe she should start asking other cats in the future. But really, how much trouble could the bees be? They were so harmless and easy going!

Turning her attention towards the apprentice and the piece of honeycomb, she sniffed at it, finding some of the residents staring back up at her with admittedly somewhat angrier than usual buzzing. Gently, she blew some air on the bees, effectively making them move from the piece of hive they seemed to be so hell bent on protecting. After some level of hesitance, with the bees seemingly uncertain if they were to leave or stay fighting for their honey, they finally took off, coaxing a rare grin on the molly. Quirking a brow, she smirked at the pair, her whiskers giving an amused twitch. Maybe they had simply gotten the bees angry? Still, she wouldn't complain. Winterpaw and Hollowfoot were officially the first cats to have ever brought her any honey! Outside of herself, none of the other cats seemed to be very efficient at it, and Winterpaw had managed to not only bring a piece, he'd brought a piece with bees still on it without getting stung. That was admittedly impressive in its own right.

"It's perfect, thanks. These will come in very handy with the minks about. Especially the goldenrod. Good work on the honey. I'd given up hope anyone in WindClan could get a bloody piece of honeycomb back to camp. Go get some rest and the juiciest piece of prey you can find there, you lot. You've earned it," Lightningstorm mewed before dipping her head to grasp the honey and flowers, intent on storing them as soon as possible.

@RoboPrism [Hollowfoot] | @zozelen [Winterpaw]

Old April 23rd, 2024, 01:39 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

Cleaning herself free from the bitter taste of herbs that had slowly accumulated in her pelt after she'd finished treating her patients, her nose wrinkled, the familiar, floral scent of marigold and daisy reaching her nostrils welcomingly. Raising her gaze, Lightningstorm caught sight of the by now familiar lynx point returning with her patrol, large ears perked up as she took note of the fact that she was quite alone. It seemed she had been with the apprentice only moments before, however, and he had simply decided against gathering any herbs. A deadpanned expression crossed her face, remembering the tom's argumentative nature at the mere thought of being sent on a herb patrol. Turned out that he couldn't only complain, he could be useless as well. She'd make a note of it.

"Cheers for these. I trust the tree lovers didn't give you any trouble? These will be useful in the coming moons. I have a feeling things are going to get a lot more bloody before we get a moment's peace soon," she mewed in earnest, worried. How much more land would they lose to the minks before this was done? How many more warriors would suffer at their claws? Brow furrowed, she dipped her head, grabbing the herbs as she dismissed Bravebird, rushing to her den to secure the lot for future use, no doubt to treat injuries produced by the minks themselves.

[+2 Marigold | +2 Daisy | +1 Moss]

@taillow [Bravebird]

Old May 14th, 2024, 01:03 PM

Bump Policy: any time ig
My Mood: Bored

WhitePelt looked around, seeing if there is anyone she recognizes
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Crunchy Leaves

PATROLS ARE DUE MAY 29TH BY 11:59 PM EST
If you need an extension, let me know a maximum of 3 days after the deadline.
If you need to be replaced, please have your character approach Lightningstorm with an in character excuse.
Herb patrols have a maximum of 5 herbs that can be carried per character; 8 herbs for those with The Collector purrk. Please make sure to provide a link to the post where your character gathered the herbs when handing them in or the patrol will be invalidated and your character will be punished.

| Lightningstorm |

Looking through the herb stores, Lightningstorm found herself pleasantly surprised. After doing some much needed clean up - and shooing the little, shiny beetle friend Blazesong had brought her - she found herbs that she hadn't even known had been there. StarClan cats had mentioned wanting to help, but she hadn't expected that much. Her own outings had also helped, not being one to waste newleaf. They had marigold, moss... cobwebs... an excess of poppy seeds for once. Truly, she couldn't ask for more. Of what she had. WindClan could bet their arses she was going to ask for some more... finicky to find herbs all the same. Now was the prime time to gather herbs like celandine, daisy, stock up on marigold - even though StarClan knew they had enough... things suggested there would be a need for more sooner rather than later - mushrooms if they could be found... And sticks. Stars above was keeping sticks in this clan a hassle. No matter. She would make sure to send some patrols now that could hopefully come back with the blasted things.

| Daisy Leaves and Ivy Vines |
[ Thunderglade ]

| Crowtooth [ @Rani ] | Rabbitpaw [ @Dolomedes ] | Winterpaw [ @zozelen ] |

"Crowtooth!" the calico called out, knowing full well who she would be sending out on her first patrol of the day, a smirk across her face. "There's the tom! Reckon since you and your apprentices are a patrol all to yourselves, the lot of you would be alright heading off to the Thunderglade to get some herbs for me? Heard Rabbitpaw caused quite the fuss while we were gone fighting the minks, trying to get herbs and whatnot for the clan. Figured why not give the lad a chance to stretch those legs and get that work done? Take Winterpaw as well, 'course. He's proven plenty dependable where warriors have failed in the past.

Now, for the herbs I'll be needing! I need some daisy leaves. Not the blooms much, but the actual leaves of the plant. You'll spot them easy enough. Cute white flowers on top. The leaves themselves are dark green and oval shaped. Have a fuzzy green step, and are nasty as the dark forest itself if bitten into too hard. Best treat them with care. Aside of the daisy's leaves I would love it if you lot could find some ivy. The vines in particular. They work wonders for splints. There seems to be war brewing in the near future, and I would rather be prepared. Can't miss 'em. Long tendrils with leaves on them. Like to get entwined on trees and shrubbery, but it isn't adverse to spreading out on the forest floor until it can find a perch, loves."

| Sticks and Celandine |
[ Sunset Grove ]

| Silverrose [ @Estelle ] | Adderpaw [ @Katiethewolfchild ] | Barleypaw [ @Madelaine ] |

Done with the first patrol, another warrior that she perhaps wasn't as fond of - really, who was she fond of aside of Crowtooth and Firestorm when it came to warriors within the clan - but could openly admit to her reliance came to mind. And wouldn't you know it? This one, just like the former, had two apprentices of her own. A quick trip to Sunset Grove would be easy for the trio, something she tended to prefer when dealing with apprentices. If it hadn't been for the relative security of the ThunderClan border, she probably wouldn't have sent a single apprentice out with Crowtooth, truth be told, but daisy grew in sparse locations around WindClan, and Lightningstorm could at least trust Bumblestar's bloodthirsty monsters to hold still while RiverClan was enemy number one in the forest. The tyrant had seemed interested in joining the fray, after all.

"Silverrose," she called out to the warrior, motioning with her tail as she approached. "Sending out herb patrols today. Would be excellent if you could take your apprentices out to Sunset Grove and find some sticks for mending broken bones. Varying lengths are fine, just make sure they are sturdy if possible. Celandine would be lovely as well. Can't miss it. Bright yellow blooms with only four petals on them. Can't be beat for helping heal injured eyes. Marigold is always good in a bind, of course, but would prefer to have the specialty herb around while it's in season."

| Chamomile and Coltsfoot |
Mandatory Prompt: Lightningstorm said catmint smells very rich an tasty, right? Well, this smells awesome! And it's green! Obviously catmint, right?!
[ Starry Meadow ]

| Twilightstar [ @Moonraven ] | Larkspring [ @Littlesun0112 ] | Lightningpaw [ @Lightningpaw666 ] |

Satisfied with the first two patrols sent, the calico's eyes landed on the base of the Galewood. While originally drawn towards her own den, lapis hues soon raised, landing on the leader's respite instead. When had been the last time Twilightstar had just been... out with clanmates? Not fighting. Not trying to pull each other's fur out. Just... out. Crowtooth's words still echoed in her head. Twilightstar had seemed tired, and considering how lonely Lightningstorm felt in WindClan, she couldn't help but assume that the lilac she-cat must be feeling a similar way. Wrinkling her nose, she settled on a herb to ask of her, her voice carrying upwards as she called out to the older molly.

"Wouldn't be bothering much, but figured if I wanted these herbs gotten, no one would understand the urgency for them more than another cat who knows full well the importance of a prepared clan," the Abyssinian mix grinned before she continued. "First up, I would like chamomile. Small white flowers. They look somewhat like daisy, but don't quite grow in the same places. The center is much more pronounced, too. It's a good herb to soothe the mind and the heart. I figured it would be good to have... in case we take some devastating losses some of the more impressionable cats in the clan can't quite cope with. Second, if you could spot us some catmint, that would be proper ace. It's not greencough season, but better safe than sorry. It's a green leaf. You'll know it when you smell it. Rather tasty at first sniff, but dangerous if too much is ingested, so maybe no chewing any more than needed. Starry Meadow should be a good place for both," the medicine cat purred in amusement.

| Dandelions and Cobwebs |
[ WindClan Territory ]

| Tallgrass [ @Spider-in-the-corner ] | Deadmoon [ @gs29513 ] | Honeypaw [ @CloudlessEve ] |

Her conversation with Twilightstar done, Lightningstorm turned to camp, knowing full well that more patrols should be sent. It would be foolish not to take full advantage of newleaf, especially at its peak before greenleaf set in. Besides, half the patrols rarely returned. It improved the odds of the clan having herbs the more patrols she sent out. A white and black tom she never really interacted with catching her eye, she decided to give him a shot. Truthfully, she expected incompetence as was the WindClan specialty. But who knew? Perhaps there would be cats that weren't furies that could actually finish patrols. Maybe sending along one she had good experiences with along wouldn't be too bad of an idea first, though...

"Tallgrass," the spotted lass called out, starting her petition the same way as she always did. "I'll need you to head on out to WindClan's general territory to find dandelions and cobwebs. Fairly certain you know what both are? Dandelions are those white puffballs kits like to play with. Before they turn into those allergy ridden toys, they are round, yellow flowers. Very eye catching. The leaves are what I want, but the entire plant can be brought back. Cobwebs should be self explanatory. Bring along Deadmoon and Honeypaw. It will be good experience for the apprentice."

| Burnet and Mint |
[ Twilight Falls ]

| Kestrelsoar [ @IDIOTICBEAN101 ] | Sunnypurr [ @ollie ] | Mosspaw [ @Rustleaf ] |

Well, that was it. She was reaching the end of her limit for being out in the open among the warriors of WindClan. Her fur was beginning to feel electric almost, threatening to stand on end. She could feel it. The judgement. Of cats wondering what she was doing outside of her underground prison for so long. Obviously, they didn't understand that the ones who benefited from her exposing herself to danger like this was them. After all, she was the one having to care for and bring back to health cats who would rather end her than save her. Shaking herself uncomfortably, she called out to one last patrol. Burnet would be nice to have with her mate so close to kitting. And mint... well... war always brought bodies with it, did it not? Best cover up the stench while graves could be made. Stars alive, what a mess.

"Kestrelsoar, love, need you to head on out to Twilight Falls. Go with Sunnypurr and Mosspaw. You are after burnet and mint. Both are green leaves you are looking for. The burnet are medium in size and basal. Can sometimes have purple flowers, but I am not expecting them to be in bloom just yet. The mint are smaller with serrated edges to them. Grow in clumps. The burnet is much more important, especially considering the season. I'm expecting a few litters will be born sooner rather than later with the good weather we've been having. But mint will be more than welcome if not enough burnet is found."

Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Kestrelsoar-She/Her(MtF)

-------------

Kestrelsoar nodded to Lightningstorm, before looking for her patrol-mates "Sunnypurr? Mosspaw?" She called out in search of the other two cats.

-------------

@ollie - @Rustleaf