Last post by Rustleaf
Today 04:01 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by Blazing
Today 02:07 AM

Old September 10th, 2023, 11:10 PM
Random DnD Player

Bump Policy: Bump if I don't reply for a few days.
My Mood: Crazy

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Ashendawn sat down beneath a tree at the edge of the clearing. It had been a long and tiring day, and it was nice to sit in the shade of a nearby tree as the sunlight died.

Thunderstrike, Aurene
Ravenfrost'

My ocs

Python (Loner)
Old October 2nd, 2023, 10:16 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 2] - Inactive

The breeze fluttered, rustling the leaves on the copse that hung so high above them, the place so different to the rest of their territory, but not in a negative way. With the amount of herbs offered to them here, it was hard to find fault in the more forested region WindClan had to offer. Tail held high in the air as Lightningpaw made her way through the underbrush, it wasn't long before she found what she was looking for. There, in a particularly sunny patch of grass where light was barely filtered by the canopy were the yellow orange blooms she'd promised to point out to the younger apprentice. Twitching her tail to get Poppypaw's attention, the wiry framed Oriental mix padded forward towards the flowers, gently picking two up by the stem.

"See these here, love? These are marigold. These and some dandelions would work wonders for us. I trust you to know what a dandelion is, considering it's constantly used as a toy in the nursery?" she asked, tilting her head curiously at the apprentice, making sure she knew what she was looking for before heading off in the search for some dandelion to add to her collection as well.

The sooner they were done here, the better. Two patrols in a single day followed by herb sorting? She was already tired, for star's sake. If she didn't fall asleep face first on the herbs she would honestly be more surprised than anything at this point. Honestly... what she would give to find some warriors that were actually worth their bloody name and weren't overly lazy feather brains sometimes... Still, what could she do? It wasn't like she could just leave poor Poppypaw alone to fend for herself just because no one else wanted to deal with herb patrols.

-

@Cinnamon~ [Poppypaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old October 2nd, 2023, 08:50 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 26 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge ₊˚੭
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @BEAR.
Cowtuft's stomach twisted and turned into a bundle of anxieties as he shuffled about Sunset Grove. It was early in the morning, sun peaking through the trees as he sniffed at bushes. After his experience with Russetpaw he came to an uncomfortable conclusion. He wouldn't be so foolish to believe there wouldn't come a time where he couldn't save a patient. Where it would be a mercy to let them go. Cowtuft still did not enjoy collecting deathberries. Especially considering how dangerous they are! (Could he lick it once and be dead in a few seconds?) And that prophecy Featherfoot had sent -- he never figured it out.

Eventually, the splotched medicine cat came across a bush with soft, red berries. He gave them a sniff, squinting at them. Cautiously he wrapped his jaws around a stick end and started to tug, teeth digging into the bark. After a few good tugs he got a small branch of berries. He would break off another small section before carrying the two carefully in his mouth. Cowtuft stifled a yawn and started to make a trip back to camp. It was cold in the mornings.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; October 2nd, 2023 at 10:41 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2023, 09:00 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

A dip in a stream was all Scorchedfang needed to cleanse his pelt of.. unpleasantries, and for good measure he made sure to roll in some sand and dirt. He could still feel the soft flesh against him, clinging to his pelt like a second skin. Disgusting.

As he neared the grove, he caught a glimpse of a familiar pelt and paused. It seemed like Cowtuft was collecting deathberries.. Interesting.

He would have to think on that some more, it did not occur to him WindClan would do those practices too. In the meantime, he made sure to stay out of sight - did not need Cowtuft to ruin the fun.
Old October 3rd, 2023, 12:06 PM
Pfp by lovely Willooow & l t;3

Bump Policy: 1 day, but PLEASE bump me
My Mood: Sad

╔════════════╗
~☆Poppypaw☆~
•She/Her•Curious•Playfull•

Poppyoaw looked carefully at the flowers Lightingpaw held. She tried to imprint their shape in her mind. Maybe she’ll find some too.

”I believe I’ll recognize the dandelions when I’ll see them. “ she answered Lightingpaw’s question, after she hesitated a moment, thinking about what the medicine’s apprentice told her.
Dandelions are similar to marigolds.
This idea came to her mind, reinforcing her words.

The grey and russet she-cat looked around, searching for the plants. She needed to do her best in her first patrol.
They’re there! she mewed, proudly approaching a bunch of yellow flowers. She didn’t know if they were dandelions or marigold, but she kept her mouth shut.

Just as she was about to grab a flower, she noticed a small insect that was buzzing around the medicinal plant. She tried to drive it away with her paw, but the sweet-smelling insect started being noisier and headed towards her. Usually Poppypaw was more careful, but this time the excitement of going in a patrol made her thoughtless.
”Ah!“ with a warning scream, she jumped backwards, scared.
By chance she stepped on a branch and fell, and when she saw that the bee had caught up with her and was now basking in front of her eyes, she started to run around the flower in fear.
It looked like a funny scene from outside, but, much to Lightingpaw’s disappointment, the bee buzzed away bored, leaving Poppypaw alone.
The apprentice was breathing hard, and needing a moment to recover.
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
@Alchemist Kitsune - Lightingpaw

Tired? Come get a coffee!

dino set something on fire here!!

Last edited by Cinnamon~; October 3rd, 2023 at 12:07 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2023, 03:54 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 2] - Active

With a nod, the young molly allowed the apprentice to separate, knowing full well from experience it was sometimes best to be given some room to breathe. She understood the reasoning behind Twilightstar's reluctance to have apprentices leave camp on their own. There were some apprentices - namely the newer ones - who simply didn't know enough of the territory, or would still look too kittenish to potential predators and not make it back to camp, or any other number of reasons why it was safer for them to only leave when accompanied by a warrior. But she was proof, wasn't she? That an older apprentice could be trusted to leave the safety of the camp's walls to carry out a patrol, right? This wasn't her first time leaving the camp alone today! And stars knew that prior to being allowed outside of the camp on her own she would feel suffocated being under another's watchful eye all the time. No. It would be best to let Poppypaw have her well earned freedom.

Nose sniffing blooms as she looked through the sparse vegetation - dandelions were normally much easier to find than this... and she was getting worried - Lightningpaw finally found what she was looking for. The round, happy, bright yellow dandelion blooms. Or rather... bloom. With only one found, she could feel herself gulping slightly. Hopefully this wasn't a sign that her concerns had been valid, and they had over picked the herbs faster than they could grow. Knowing there was little she could do about it now, the lithe calico dipped her head and carefully picked the singular bloom, adding the dandelion to her small bundle of two marigolds. Perhaps this would be enough for now...

As she turned around to find her companion, a small cry of fear met her ears, and the older apprentice stiffened, instantly alert to her surroundings. The problem was quickly noted, albeit a bit... confusing. It seemed that Poppypaw had a small fear of bees? There was certainly a bee besides her, but after a less than coordinated tumble courtesy of a branch jutting through the grove's undergrowth, it merely flew away. It might not have truly been meaning to harm the younger molly from the start, or perhaps the healer's own approach had calmed it down? It was always hard to tell. Animals seemed to behave a little... differently around her. Like if she wasn't even there. Of course, she never stuck around to see if they would stay amicable for too long with anything other than bees, but bees in particular just seemed to really, really like her.

Reaching the diluted tortie's side, Lightningpaw sniffed her over, a small frown of concern on her brow as she noticed the heavy breathing. True, she had just fled from a bee but... that had barely constituted a run, especially when compared to the flights WindClan cats had to do on a constant just to keep up with their main source of prey. Sitting down besides her, allowing her patrolmate some time to catch her breath, she waited patiently, not sensing an urgency in her laborious breath yet, but not wishing to further extrapolate it. It was only when she sensed the apprentice had enough of a rest that she spoke. "How long has that been going on, love?" she asked, quirking her brow.

There was no admonishment in her voice, merely light curiosity. It would do the medicine cat apprentice no good here to reprimand the molly if this had been going on for long without any medicinal attention. Especially when there was no treatment. She had her tests, of course, but she hadn't shared the results of such yet. Not to mention, she hadn't her herbs present, either! Hopefully it was a one time thing, but if not... perhaps her tests would prove useful sooner than she'd expected.

-

@Cinnamon~ [Poppypaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old October 18th, 2023, 07:27 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon didn't come to Sunset Grove very often, but with Turtlepaw in tow, it seemed like about the right thing to do. If she was going to teach him anything about hunting rabbits were probably to be avoided, seeing as she lacked the necessary speed most of the time. Normally she didn't mind missing out on a few, and maybe hunting some birds in the meantime, but she was far better at the stalking and pouncing type hunting than running things down, so that's what she'd teach him. It was a good long walk out from the camp, but they hadn't gone all the way when she stopped. Probably best to teach him a bit away and then go in so as to leave a bit of prey to actually hunt.

I imagine your mentor will teach you how to hunt rabbits, or has done already otherwise they were certainly slacking. Poor Goldenpaw had been forced to learn from her, but Turtlepaw would probably get better instruction. so we'll focus on rodents and birds today. It's the same basic crouch, but you emphasize different things in each. Birds rely on sight and sound to sense predators, whereas rodents feel vibrations and sniff you out. That was a bit of oversimplification of course, but it would hopefully keep him doing about the right things till he had a bit more experience. First, just hop into a basic crouch. We'll correct it from there. In case the apprentice didn't quite know what she wanted, she hopped into a crouch herself, tail flat and haunches pretty well collected below her.
@Spooky Galaxy
Old October 18th, 2023, 07:37 AM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Deadmoon didn't come to Sunset Grove very often, but with Turtlepaw in tow, it seemed like about the right thing to do. If she was going to teach him anything about hunting rabbits were probably to be avoided, seeing as she lacked the necessary speed most of the time. Normally she didn't mind missing out on a few, and maybe hunting some birds in the meantime, but she was far better at the stalking and pouncing type hunting than running things down, so that's what she'd teach him. It was a good long walk out from the camp, but they hadn't gone all the way when she stopped. Probably best to teach him a bit away and then go in so as to leave a bit of prey to actually hunt.

I imagine your mentor will teach you how to hunt rabbits, or has done already otherwise they were certainly slacking. Poor Goldenpaw had been forced to learn from her, but Turtlepaw would probably get better instruction. so we'll focus on rodents and birds today. It's the same basic crouch, but you emphasize different things in each. Birds rely on sight and sound to sense predators, whereas rodents feel vibrations and sniff you out. That was a bit of oversimplification of course, but it would hopefully keep him doing about the right things till he had a bit more experience. First, just hop into a basic crouch. We'll correct it from there. In case the apprentice didn't quite know what she wanted, she hopped into a crouch herself, tail flat and haunches pretty well collected below her.
@Spooky Galaxy

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗
Turtlepaw
- he/him- 37/100 - Purks: Fast Learner - 7 moons -
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

Turtlepaw followed close behind Deadmoon once they got into the clearing Deadmoon meowed something about Rodent and Birds. He nodded and made himself flat with his haunches sticking out a bit. "Like this?" he meowed looking up towards Deadmoon. "I feel really silly." he mumbled. Is this how Thunderclan hunts I feel bad for them. he thought to himself before looking up towards Deadmoon with pleading eyes. I never been rabbit hunting I would rather do that right now then this!
Old October 19th, 2023, 05:55 PM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Sad

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
Lionpuff
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
*ೃ༄He/Him.ೃ࿐ *ೃ༄Large orange tom with white chest and green eyes.ೃ࿐
╰┈➤ ❝ The Quiet, Softspoken Floofball❞

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ ❝A sunset is the intro music to the night꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════
//➺ Lionpuff decided to go on a nice jog, nothing wrong with that at all. He arrived at Sunset grove around sunset, as the sun was sinking below the hillside. He sat there absorbing the beauty from the area. His fur puffed out as he laid down. A soft purr erupted from him as he laid there, in peace. It was nice
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ════╝
[ Activity - can respond if u wish ]

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old October 20th, 2023, 04:18 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

It was....adequate. He might be able to catch something that way, though Deadmoon would have preferred his haunches a bit smoother. Thus, and without fanfare, she placed a paw on them, trying to squish them downwards while mewing Get that butt down a bit, I know you feel silly but it's how it's gotta be. It did look a bit stupid the first time, and felt terribly awkward, but it was the way you caught mice and birds, so he had to learn it. Fortunately Turtlepaw didn't seem overly put out about the whole thing, and Deadmoon was content to back off, instructing Now try crouching around a bit, so you can move like that, or similarly. The position might get a bit looser as he moved, but this was a good enough start. @Spooky Galaxy