Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by occultation
Today 03:45 PM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Samantha
Today 03:41 PM
Desolated Tracks
by BEAR.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 03:41 PM
Wildtwist Kits
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 03:37 PM
Rainpaw Art
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 03:36 PM

Old January 16th, 2018, 08:14 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

Default Lion Guard Redux [Private]

Okay!
Okay.
Okay
Ok
ok

Like Star's suggestion, we'll do what we're doing with Clawsdale and just hop universes when things get too intense and thus shut down the roleplay. We shall stitch this group together!

You all know your characters~

Since Taz doesn't come in until a little later, @Random Melody could start?

@Christmas Star
@Shadomaru

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡

Last edited by rubinaito; January 16th, 2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:08 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion Guard Redux [Private]

(YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)
Kion sighed as he padded through the Pridelands, trailing along behind Bunga as the honey badger leaped ahead, chattering on and on about no particular subject, commenting on and on about the sky or the birds or the grass or the trees or fighting or the hyenas or the Outlands while Kion nodded along absently, padding behind him quietly. Normally he'd be leading, but he was kind of distracted today. Mostly because lastnight he'd had a nightmare. And it wasn't about Lucifer, surprisingly. No, the tiger was absent from his dreams much to his delight and confusion. Instead there was fire. Everywhere, all over the Pridelands, burning down everything. And everybody was dead. Everybody except Kion. Thing was, it wasn't the fire that killed them. While the flames lapped at everything, burning everything to the ground, surrounding Pride Rock, Kion stood over his family, claws unsheathed, blood staining his fur--

The cub visibly shuddered, his fur prickling uneasily. It wasn't rare for him to have dreams like this, but the Lucifer-nightmares had made him forget all about them. So when this one hit, it was unexpected and downright terrifying. But it was just a nightmare. And it didn't mean anything. But still.... It unnerved him. Why would he have such vivid, horrifying dreams anyway? The golden cub sighed and shook his head, forcing himself to at least try to focus on Bunga, who was still chatting about nonsense.

##

Claire didn't think she'd ever been so angry in her life, but right then? Right then Claire was beyond furious. Within a day her whole life, her job, everything she'd worked for, it was all gone. All of it. Destroyed. Thrown away. Killed along with Lucifer. The brown lioness cub snarled to herself, tail whipping back and forth as she stalked through the desert toward the border. She hardly noticed she was crossing into the Pridelands, but honestly she didn't even care. She wanted to yell. Shout. Claw something. Bite something. Set something on fire. Blow something up.

Back in the desert she could've handled the anger by building, adding onto the Sabers camp, or yelling at a few incompetent, ignorant, arrogant slaves who thought fighting back was a way to go. Some of them reminded her of Kion. Kion, who had done just as much, if not more, for the Sabers as Claire had. And for a second, a split second, she wondered what he'd think, how he'd feel about knowing Lucifer was dead. Knowing everything they'd worked for was gone.

Narrowing her eyes, Claire straightened and forced her fur to flatten, finally focusing ahead. Man, she needed to break something.

##

Kila sighed to herself as she padded through the Outlands, flicking dust and pebbles up as she went, her head tilting and her amber eyes narrowing down toward the ground. The golden cub's nose twitched as she lowered her head, pressing her nose to the ground and giving a quick sniff, wanting to see if she could scent any hyenas. Bad idea. Dust flew up into her nose instantly, and with a surprised yelp, she jerked her head up and gave a loud, powerful sneeze that sent her stumbling back, falling back onto her rump. She shook her head, eyes going wide as she rubbed at her nose, grumbling. "Stupid Outlands..."

There was a low chuckle and suddenly a tail was wrapped around her shoulders, a nose pressed to her head, and Kila instantly pushed herself up, a low purr beginning to rumble in her chest. There was a louder purr in response, and a soft voice that cooed; "Sweetheart, it's just nature. It's just the earth, how it is. Besides," The voice took on a playful tone. "You should know better than to breathe in dust."

"I wanted to see if I could scent any hyenas, my bad," Kila said musingly, tipping her head back to look up. A white-furred lioness with jet black paws and ears stood there, bright green eyes filled with pure affection staring down into hers. Kila just smiled, but it wavered, turning into a frown as her gaze fixed onto the lionesses shoulder. There was a wound where a bullet had grazed her, with dried blood around it, but it didn't seem to be bleeding anymore. It wasn't deep, but it was bad. "Are you okay, Kiyu?"

"I'm quite alright, dear." Kiyu paused, her green gaze shifting toward her shoulder for a moment. Then she shrugged, ignoring the sting, and lowered her head to rasp her tongue over Kila's ears gently. "Are you okay, Angel? You were very brave back there."

"I'm fine." Kila's gaze stayed fixed intently on the wound for a very long time before she reluctantly looked back up at Kiyu, shuffling a little closer to rub her head against the older lionesses chest. "I wasn't that brave. I was terrified.."

"Being brave doesn't mean you don't get scared, my sweet," Kiyu let out a soft chuckle, shaking her head affectionately as she smiled down at the cub, her bright green eyes glowing with warmth. "It just means you have the courage to face whatever it is you are afraid of. And you," Her tail tip flicked under Kila's chin, causing the cub to giggle. "Are very brave, darling."

Kila responded with a purr, closing her eyes in content for a while, inhaling the older lionesses sweet scent before finally pulling away with a shrug. Her gaze turned toward the Pridelands briefly, and a small ache went through her chest. "Well," She murmured, looking uncertain, but her gaze didn't move from the Pridelands. "Let's keep going."
(Yep. I went a different route with Kiyu this time ;3)
(So whoooooooooooooo's ready to meet the new side of Kila?!)

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:44 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

Atazi wove through the grass, her dark pelt sticking out in the light golden grasses. Her blue eyes focused on a particular blue and white pelt, licking her jaws ever so slightly in anticipation. It had been ages since she had something to eat, and she'd settle for a honey badger if she needed to. Her eyes glinted and she wiggled her haunches right before launching herself forward swiftly, slamming her paws against the ground and soaring through the air to tackle Bunga to the ground. She sent them rolling, the frighteningly skinny Outlander cub tugging and biting at Bunga in an attempt to kill him, desperate for something- anything- to eat. She hadn't noticed Kion, and when they rolled to a stop she pinned Bunga down and reared back to deliver the killing blow. Her sides were heaving, already exhausted from the effort of chasing down Bunga and her rips stuck out obviously. There was a wild look in her eyes, something feral and primal glimmering within the blue pools. "Sorry," She breathed out, trying to summon the strength to plunge her claws into his throat. "I just, I gotta..." She inhaled sharply.

[Cue Kion]
[Do we wanna do Kitazi or what?]

♡♡♡

♡♡♡
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:56 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

(Well, we'll see! I was planning on having Kion actually explore his relationships a little more. Like, with Bunga, Chaka, Taz, hell, maybe even Claire. Just wanna go ahead and explore the choices a bit :3)

"And you know, I really like the Utamu, but the green-f--" Bunga cut off with a surprised shriek when he was suddenly lunged at, his first instinct being to guard his throat. He flinched when he felt teeth sink down into his arm, kicking and trying to push the lioness cub off, to no avail. "Hey, come on--" He protested, gasping when he was pinned down, his wide teal eyes staring up at Atazi. He didn't look afraid, just shocked as his gaze quickly flickered over her pelt. Outlander. He thought, noticing how fragile and skinny she was. The struggling stopped only briefly before he continued to try to push her off. "Hey, hey, I'm not food!"

Kion skidded to a sharp stop, his amber eyes going wide with shock when Atazi suddenly launched out of nowhere, tackling his best friend to the ground. His mind was whirling as the other cub pinned Bunga, and he didn't think when he saw her rear up, he just reacted. He lunged, claws still sheathed, not trying to hurt her, just trying to get her off of Bunga, first. He managed to tackle her, sending them both rolling, and it didn't take the cub very long to pin Atazi to the ground. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked, kind of sharply, staring down at Atazi before turning his head toward Bunga. "You okay?" He checked, ears flicking faintly as he got a nod in response. "Good." Kion then turned back and his amber gaze darted back down to Atazi, one paw planted firmly on her chest, the other beside the other cub's head, staring down at her with a stern look on his face. "Who are you?"

Forever...

Old January 16th, 2018, 10:09 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

Atazi let out a cough of surprise as she was whisked off of Bunga and slammed against the ground. She stared up at Kion, slightly dumbfounded that he had interrupted her hunt and asked the badger if it was okay. Did she make a mistake of some sort? Her stomach made a loud, annoyed growl and her eyes squeezed shut as hunger rippled through her, pulling a paw up to her chest and pressing down on her stomach ever so slightly to stop it. She searched Kion's amber eyes and recognized him- and she did not like it one bit. "Ah, Prince Kion." She grumbled, her voice thick with annoyance. "I'd bow if I could, but I'm a little... stuck." She waved her paw at herself and glared up at him. "My name's Atazi, your highness." She sneered, obviously very angry with Kion for some unknown reason. Well, it was a simple reason but she wasn't about to tell him what it was. She glanced over at Bunga and back up at Kion, a snarl rippling through her throat. "Soooo sorry I hurt your little friend," She continued, sarcasm thick in her voice. "It's not like I'm starving, and just wanting to carry out your great 'Circle of Life', Pridelander." She surged up and pushed Kion off of her, flipping backward and landing a good few tail-lengths away, her blue eyes wild and feral like cornered prey. Her back was against a tree, the lake at her side. She probably just made the situation worse but there wasn't any point in running at the moment.

♡♡♡

♡♡♡
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:38 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Kion's eyebrows pinched together, eyes narrowing faintly down at the lioness cub. She's got snark. He thought, watching carefully, seeing the annoyance flare up in Atazi's eyes. Her first words made his ears flick, but his gaze didn't waver. "Don't call me--" He started to speak, but cut off when he heard Atazi's next words, eyes narrowing faintly. He didn't say anything, but raised one eyebrow when Atazi introduced herself, and he grimaced when she called him "your highness". "Don't call me that." He muttered, staring down at her almost blankly. His eyes narrowed faintly at her next words, but the look wasn't exactly hostile, more thoughtful than anything. He felt her tense to surge upwards, and leaped off before she had the chance to throw him off, landing easily on all fours and shaking his fur out, watching as she quickly leapt to her paws and backed away. He didn't move, just stared at her, thinking over his next moves carefully.

"Alright, Outlander," Bunga grumbled, dusting himself off. He was kind of upset - Okay, really upset - That she'd tried to eat him. Him. But, better him than someone else. Then again, this lioness was starving. The honey badger shook the thought off and headed forward.
"You can't j--"

"Bunga."
Kion's tail flicked out in front of his best friend, stopping him and pushing him back a little bit. "Hang on a sec." His amber gaze flickered back toward Atazi, wary, thinking, assessing. He had few choices here - One would be sending her back to the Outlands. She was quite obviously an Outlander, but she wasn't causing trouble or doing anything worthy of being sent back. Option two - Let her continue on to hunt, because he honestly felt bad for her. She was obviously hungry. But Kion didn't know if she would disrupt the Circle of Life or not, though he highly doubted she'd want to take more than her share. Option three was take her back to Pride Rock. They had food there and Atazi looked exhausted so she could rest there, too. Again, she hadn't been causing any trouble, so Kion didn't see anything wrong with that option. Besides the fact that Atazi already seemed to hate him, and they didn't even know eachother. Kion was silent as he considered his options, tail flicking back and forth, his tail tuft brushing gently across the ground as he thought it over.

His job was to defend the Circle of Life. Outlander or not, Atazi was part of the Circle of Life. And she wasn't like Janja and his hyenas, she wasn't causing trouble aside from the fact that she'd just attacked his best friend but Kion could easily overlook that. She honestly didn't seem very harmful. The cub's shoulders twitched slightly, shifting his paws, thinking, before his amber gaze finally focused on Atazi once more. Option two or option three. Option one was pretty much out of the question, because he saw absolutely no reason to have to send her back. He was a little iffy on option three, though, mainly because he wasn't sure if she would take kindly to accepting help. Then again, he didn't know. She was probably just scared, and obviously hungry. "Alright, well..." He trailed off, eyes narrowing faintly, thinking, and his gaze flickered toward Pride Rock briefly before he looked at Atazi again. "I get that, then. Look," He took a step forward, and dipped his head respectfully. "I'm Kion - But you already know that." His head lifted again. "This here's Bunga," He added, tilting his head briefly toward Bunga, who gave a small wave, still looking a little upset. Kion continued carefully, his gaze not leaving Atazi's, "Atazi, right?" He checked, pausing for a second before continuing. "Look, you seem kind of tired, and..." He trailed off, his gaze flickering over her pelt, thinking his next words over carefully. "Well, obviously starving. If you want, I can take you back to Pride Rock. We have food there, so you can eat, then rest, then be on your way, if you'd like."

Forever...

Old January 16th, 2018, 11:19 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

"Thought I'd never see the day where a Prince would offer me a place to stay," Atazi muttered under her breath, hardly loud enough for anyone to hear. She tilted her head, considering the situation- all the while glaring at the duo thoughtfully. On one paw, this was ridiculous- a high and mighty prince offering her a place to rest and regain her strength without some sort of price? It must be some charity of sorts to make himself look even better and more regal or something. Coming from what were essentially the Slums of the Outlands, Atazi was wary of any offers- they always came with a price, and sometimes that price was... She shuddered briefly, pushing away the thought before she could dwell on it any longer. There was no need to think about that... particular incident. Lucifer... She snapped her gaze back up to Kion and thought a little more. On the other paw, she was starving- probably about to collapse and become carrion-food and she couldn't do that. Not when she still had a job to do, a cub to find. For now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to lay low and hide out with the royal family for a bit. Get herself back to full strength and figure out a new plan. Lucifer left her stranded in the desert and took her Sari away from her- she was going to get her daughter back no matter what. "Alright." She said quietly, a little annoyed that she was backing down but she had no choice. "However, before we go- I need to ask you something. Lucifer, do you know of him? A frightening, awful tiger-" She shuddered again. "- who took everything away from me, even the daughter he gave me." She stared at Kion expectantly.

♡♡♡

♡♡♡
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:59 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Kion gave a relieved smile when Atazi agreed, and opened his mouth to speak, ready to lead the way back to Pride Rock. But the words died on his tongue instantly when Atazi started speaking again. And all it took was for her to say that one name. Lucifer. The tiger that had stripped away his innocence, his defiance, his... Everything, and made him into a broken, hollow, submissive slave. Kion steeled himself. Shoulders locking, ears flattening down against his head, his tail whisking between his legs, curling around one paw. His amber gaze seemed to sharpen, staring at Atazi, yet not really seeing her. It'd been a while since he'd heard his name. He thought it, hell, he couldn't help that. But hearing it out loud sent that familiar, cold fear through him.

Bunga paused, his teal eyes flickering from Kion to Atazi and back again. He blinked when Atazi asked if Kion knew a "Lucifer". Lucifer? That's a weird name. "Who's Lucifer?" He asked curiously. A frightening, awful tiger. That just made him more curious. What was so frightening about a tiger? Pff. His gaze flickered over to Kion, starting to speak again, but paused when he saw his best friend's reaction. Okay, that was definitely weird. "Kion?" He asked carefully, reaching out and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

The touch brought Kion out of his trance, jerked him back into reality. It took everything he had not to flinch away, though. He paused, his amber eyes darting warily toward Bunga. "M'fine." He replied carefully, then closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and turning back to Atazi. "Yeah, I... I know M--" He cut off, shoulders tensing again. "Lu--" He couldn't seem to get either name out. He didn't want to call Lucifer "Master", not in front of Bunga. Because Bunga had no idea. And Bunga couldn't have any idea because he'd just go off and tell everybody else and then it'd all go to hell. And he was definitely not saying "Lucifer". He'd learned his lesson with that one. His tail flicked almost irritably, but stayed wrapped around his back paw until he forced himself to whisk it away to stand straight again. "I know him." He finally managed to speak, keeping his voice steady, careful, almost blank. "..Know of him." He corrected himself with a quick glance toward Bunga. Then, his gaze flickered up toward Atazi. She knew him. Hell, from what she said, Lucifer had stripped her innocence away too. And a cub... Kion nearly shuddered at the thought. He didn't know if he would have been able to handle it and he was glad he didn't have to. He just felt really bad for Atazi. A cub. A reminder of... Of that. And Atazi certainly hadn't deserved to go through that, either. The cub stayed silent for a moment, then his gaze flickered away, unconsciously looking toward the desert. He paused, then immediately forced his gaze away, straightening up again, shaking out his fur, and turning away. "Come on."

Forever...

Old January 17th, 2018, 12:07 AM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

Atazi observed Kion’s reaction and it hit her. It slammed into her like a herd of wildebeest in a wild, uncontrollable stampede and all she could manage to say was “Oh.” She noticed Kion’s glance tithe Desert, a confirmation that she had been heading in the right direction. Good. Snapping her gaze back to Kion, her once empathetic gaze froze over back to her hard, steely one- even if Kion had gone through what she did, Atazi couldn’t let her guard down. Not yet. She nodded as Kion featured for her to follow, forcing her paws to move.

(Sorry for the short post, I need to be in bed)

♡♡♡

♡♡♡
Old January 17th, 2018, 01:37 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Kion went completely silent now as he led the way, his amber gaze fixed ahead to Pride Rock. He felt a little better, his paws sinking into the soft grass below. It was better than sand, at least. The cub's ears twitched silently as he gazed ahead. Now he was thinking. Thinking about Lucifer. About the desert. The Sabers. Claire. Claire. He couldn't help but wonder how she was doing. He hadn't wanted to leave her behind but she absolutely refused to come along with him and Chaka. "My place is here. I have a job to do." She'd said as her cold gaze fixed first on Chaka, then Kion. Then a spark of warmth, and a barely-there smirk as she'd added, "Now you go do yours." And she'd turned and walked away.

Kion's ears twitched faintly, no longer focused on anything except the memory. Claire had wanted to stay behind. She'd wanted to be there, with the Sabers, with Lucifer. But... Why? Kion had never understood it. Never understood how she... Well, Claire never seemed to like the desert. But she said it felt...

"Pure." Claire's nose twitched, the faint smell of blood reaching the two cubs. Her purple eyes fixed on a stray leaf blowing through the air, watching it whiz by her head, before her gaze fixed on the two fighting tigers. Not fighting. Training. "Like this is always where I was supposed to end up. Like... I have some kind of destiny to fulfill. A part to play." Her voice was distant. She didn't sound as if she had just realized this - She sounded like she'd had time to think about this. To understand. "I've been asking myself... Why am I here?" And she paused, her gaze shifting toward Kion. "I think I like the answer I've given myself. Everything happens for a reason, Kion... And we have a job to do."

Kion had stared silently at her, not responding, but he'd felt like he understood. Everything happens for a reason. We have a job to do. That, back then, those words... Were the only thing that kept him going. Claire kept him going. Kept him fighting. Not fighting against the Sabers, not fighting against Lucifer, but fighting against the brokenness. Kion was broken, yes, but he wasn't as broken as he should be after everything he'd been through, everything he'd seen. And he knew he had Claire to thank for that.

Miss you, Claire. Kion thought, ears flicking back, pricking faintly toward the desert, but his gaze didn't move, staring ahead. I hope you figure out what your job is. Kion's thoughts began to trail again, then suddenly focused on Atazi. This new girl... She'd been through Lucifer's torture. She had a cub. A cub. Lucifer's cub - That, apparently, Lucifer had taken from her. Kion couldn't completely be sure, but he felt like Atazi was close to the cub. Who wouldn't be? It was her... Daughter, right? Atazi had said daughter, yes. Kion felt a new rush of sympathy course through him. Atazi most definitely did not deserve the hell Lucifer put her through, and to lose her cub... Kion's teeth clenched, jaw locking. He really wished he could feel some anger toward Lucifer, but he couldn't. He didn't know how. The only thing he felt when he thought of Lucifer was fear. Maybe back when he'd first become a slave, he felt the rage then. He remembered it. Remembered desperately wanting to rip that saber-teeth's throat out. But--

But those feelings had changed in time as the pain and torture continued. Kion had steadily began to cower whenever Lucifer's voice rose, whenever Lucifer stared at him with those dark, angry red eyes, whenever Lucifer gave that sadistic, sinister smirk, whenever he laughed... Cowering turned into submission. The defiance, the fire, the fierceness, it all went numb. And fear, pain and submission replaced it all. Kion had been broken, Kion was still broken.

He'd tried to forget about everything, tried to forget about the desert. He'd wanted to tell his family, but he didn't know what good they would do. Maybe they'd try to stop Lucifer, put an end to his evil ways, but Kion knew that Chaka was already on that path. But Kion didn't know what good it would do. He knew how big Lucifer's army was. He knew how strong they were. He knew that they would outnumber Chaka's empire any day. And they most certainly would outnumber the Pride. Kion wished he could help the other slaves but he also knew that... There was just nothing he could do. Kion was a Prince, he was the Leader of the Lion Guard, but deep down, he knew that he'd always be nothing more than Lucifer's slave. No matter what happened. And, well... What could a slave do against his Master?

##

Claire continued to wander, and her thoughts continued to drift absently through any old subject, trying to distract herself from her rage. But in the end she ended up thinking of the desert. Then Lucifer. Then she remembered that he was dead. Dead and she had no job to do anymore. She had no destiny. She had no part to play. She was alone, she had nothing, and the thought of that scared her. Not that she'd ever admit it. Claire wasn't one to get scared. But right then, realizing she had nobody, nowhere, and nothing at all, as the situation finally sunk in, even she couldn't fight against the fear. What am I supposed to do now?
"Hello?"

Claire's ears perked and her head whirled around. A lioness cub stood there, older than Claire, wide brown eyes staring at Claire, looking concerned and a little bit frightened. Claire almost snorted, thinking of how she might look to the lioness. Her pelt was messed up, muddy, and her paws stained with blood. Not only that, she probably looked exhausted and half-starved. Not that it mattered - She was used to it. Still. Her purple eyes flickered over the cub, eyebrows raising faintly. Well, doesn't she just look like royalty? She couldn't help but think, bringing her eyes back to the lionesses face. "Hi."

"I'm Kiara."
The cub introduced herself, head tilting faintly to the side. "Are you.. Lost?" She looked even more concerned, fear slipping away as she began to realize Claire wasn't rabid or something. She looks... Kiara let her thoughts trail off. ...Bad..

"I'm not lost." Claire said calmly, whiskers twitching faintly in amusement at the concern the lioness seemed to be showing. Ah, Kiara. That explains it. Explained why the lioness looked like royalty, anyway. This was Kion's sister. Princess Kiara. Well, whattya know? She mused silently. A smirk tugged at her lips, but it didn't go further than that. "My name is Claire."

(...Should I stop making my posts so long? XDD)

Forever...

Last edited by Random Melody; January 17th, 2018 at 11:49 AM.