Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:09 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM

Old January 19th, 2017, 06:26 PM
led into temptation

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
Ebonypaw scanned the young feline with her blue orbs, watching how she moved. She honestly had no clue if they looked excited or not, their voice sounded excited though. Excited about what? She flicked an ear as she shook away the thoughts. How exactly was she going to answer that question? Ebonypaw was generally very quiet about her own feelings and didn't often tell them to somebody else, so she decided to instead find a loophole in the question.
"Pretty much exactly like this." She meowed, sweeping her tail partway up and then settling it back down against her paws to gesture at the surrounding area that was the den.
Fawnkit giggled, crouching down as if she was about to pounce. "Not like that silly!" She purred, her eyes shining with playfulness. She waved her tail, "I mean like, happy, sad, upset,nervousided?" She mewed. Fawnkit used a word she had made up, flicking her ear. (Sorry it's short, writers block)
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfur View Post
Fawnkit giggled, crouching down as if she was about to pounce. "Not like that silly!" She purred, her eyes shining with playfulness. She waved her tail, "I mean like, happy, sad, upset,nervousided?" She mewed. Fawnkit used a word she had made up, flicking her ear. (Sorry it's short, writers block)
(It's fine =^^=)

Ebonypaw shot her ears up, looking over at Cliffheart in his nest and then back at the kit.
"Please be quiet." She mewed, and then sighed. Of course this cat would want to know how she had felt when she first entered the den. Just her luck. She however had absolutely no clue what Nervousided meant and so ignored that part. None of those fit exactly what she had felt and she still didn't feel like it was a good idea to tell anybody what she felt, since she believed that this made her too open or too weak in other's eyes as well as her own.
"It's complicated." She answered, tucking her paws beneath her tail nearly together and continuing to study the kit.
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:01 PM
led into temptation

Quote:
(It's fine =^^=)

Ebonypaw shot her ears up, looking over at Cliffheart in his nest and then back at the kit.
"Please be quiet." She mewed, and then sighed. Of course this cat would want to know how she had felt when she first entered the den. Just her luck. She however had absolutely no clue what Nervousided meant and so ignored that part. None of those fit exactly what she had felt and she still didn't feel like it was a good idea to tell anybody what she felt, since she believed that this made her too open or too weak in other's eyes as well as her own.
"It's complicated." She answered, tucking her paws beneath her tail nearly together and continuing to study the kit.
Fawnkit clamped her mouth shut. She quietly scrambled to sit up. "Sorry..." She mumbled, looking back to make sure Cliffheart hadn't woken up. She aloud her fur to lay flat, curling her tail tightly around her paws. She looked back up at Ebonypaw. Her smile turned back into her serous gaze that she almost always had. She sort of knew where Ebonypaw was going with this. Her gaze darkened as she remembered the bullying that goes on with her. Her father had left her and her mother, now she was afraid of her moms new mate. Who ever that might be. Fawnkit let out a depressed, small sigh from her muzzle. Her tail curled tighter around her paws as if she was hugging herself. Fawnkit shook her pelt slightly, looking down at her paws before gazing back up at Ebonypaw. She always wanted to be accepted by others, mainly because her father had left her alone with her mother. Couldn't Ebonypaw see? She just wanted to help... Just learn a few things or two about the cat. Maybe sort a few leafs into piles. She got up, turning back over to the place she had come from. Letting her tail drop slightly, she looked over her shoulder to Ebonypaw. "I better go, you look like you have some work to do, I shouldn't be in here, getting under your paws. Thanks Ebonypaw." She quietly mewed.

Last edited by judas; January 20th, 2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old January 20th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
Fawnkit clamped her mouth shut. She quietly scrambled to sit up. "Sorry..." She mumbled, looking back to make sure Cliffheart hadn't woken up. She aloud her fur to lay flat, curling her tail tightly around her paws. She looked back up at Ebonypaw. Her smile turned back into her serous gaze that she almost always had. She sort of knew where Ebonypaw was going with this. Her gaze darkened as she remembered the bullying that goes on with her. Her father had left her and her mother, now she was afraid of her moms new mate. Who ever that might be. Fawnkit let out a depressed, small sigh from her muzzle. Her tail curled tighter around her paws as if she was hugging herself. Fawnkit shook her pelt slightly, looking down at her paws before gazing back up at Ebonypaw. She always wanted to be accepted by others, mainly because her father had left her alone with her mother. Couldn't Ebonypaw see? She just wanted to help... Just learn a few things or two about the cat. Maybe sort a few leafs into piles. She got up, turning back over to the place she had come from. Letting her tail drop slightly, she looked over her shoulder to Ebonypaw. "I better go, you look like you have some work to do, I'm should be in here, getting under your paws. Thanks Ebonypaw." She quietly mewed.
Uuuuh... Was she being silly or did she actually believe what she was saying? It was in times like these that the tuxedo wished that she could read facial or body cues. Voice tone was a bit different though, the kit sounded kind of rejected.
Had she rejected Fawnkit? She didn't really remember rejecting her, she just didn't let her in, but Ebonypaw never really let anybody in. Nobody had ever seemed to be particularly bothered about this in the past, not that she could really tell.
What exactly was she supposed to do about this? If the kit wanted to go then that was fine, if she didn't then maybe she was supposed to do something about it? Like what? People skills were something that Ebonypaw was extremely lacking in. She unfurled her tail from around her paws and, thinking quickly, found a way to answer the kit.
"You didn't get under my paws." She mewed. The kit could stay if she really wanted to but she wasn't sure how many more questions she could loophole her way through if Fawnkit had found it interesting to follow a questioning topic of more... Personal information. If the kit wanted to leave though then that was up to her, she just didn't want we to feel totally rejected and she still didn't want to open up to her.
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:48 PM
led into temptation

Quote:
Uuuuh... Was she being silly or did she actually believe what she was saying? It was in times like these that the tuxedo wished that she could read facial or body cues. Voice tone was a bit different though, the kit sounded kind of rejected.
Had she rejected Fawnkit? She didn't really remember rejecting her, she just didn't let her in, but Ebonypaw never really let anybody in. Nobody had ever seemed to be particularly bothered about this in the past, not that she could really tell.
What exactly was she supposed to do about this? If the kit wanted to go then that was fine, if she didn't then maybe she was supposed to do something about it? Like what? People skills were something that Ebonypaw was extremely lacking in. She unfurled her tail from around her paws and, thinking quickly, found a way to answer the kit.
"You didn't get under my paws." She mewed. The kit could stay if she really wanted to but she wasn't sure how many more questions she could loophole her way through if Fawnkit had found it interesting to follow a questioning topic of more... Personal information. If the kit wanted to leave though then that was up to her, she just didn't want we to feel totally rejected and she still didn't want to open up to her.
Fawnkit flicked her ears, turning back until her eyes met Ebonypaw's gaze. She quietly walked back over. She rapped her tan tail around her paws. She had to think hard, this couldn't be a too personal question. Ebonypaw might send her away. She tilted her head, studying Ebonypaw's posture. "Your not used to Kits just walking up to you, are you?" She mewed. Fawnkit shook her head, "Sorry, Ignore that," She mumbled. Fawnkit thought for a moment, "Okay, I have a good question. How do you remember all these herbs and stuff? It seems like they go for miles." She said, Glancing back to make sure Cliffheart didn't here her. She made sure she was quiet. Leting a quiet purr rise in her throat, she looked up at Ebonypaw before muting her purr.
Old January 20th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
Fawnkit flicked her ears, turning back until her eyes met Ebonypaw's gaze. She quietly walked back over. She rapped her tan tail around her paws. She had to think hard, this couldn't be a too personal question. Ebonypaw might send her away. She tilted her head, studying Ebonypaw's posture. "Your not used to Kits just walking up to you, are you?" She mewed. Fawnkit shook her head, "Sorry, Ignore that," She mumbled. Fawnkit thought for a moment, "Okay, I have a good question. How do you remember all these herbs and stuff? It seems like they go for miles." She said, Glancing back to make sure Cliffheart didn't here her. She made sure she was quiet. Leting a quiet purr rise in her throat, she looked up at Ebonypaw before muting her purr.
Ebonypaw watched the kit pad back towards her and join her on the floor again. Apparently she had been feeling rejected. The tuxedo flicked an ear, watching the kit and what she was doing.
The first question had surprised her, since she had momentarily forgotten that, unlike her, most others knew how to read body language. She was about to open her maw when the kit brushed aside that question of hers. Was she catching on that Ebonypaw wasn't going to talk about her feelings? Was that a good thing or a bad thing? She shook these thoughts away with a subtle flick of her tail and tried to make her face unreadable.
A new question, still, somewhat unfornately, about herself, but they were still at least things that she could actually answer. She sighed inwardly, trying to keep herself unreadable outwards, and was about to respond when the kit turned back to face her and her purr cut off.
Had she been being frightening to the kit or mean? She blinked slowly and then began to speak, to the kit again, answering the new question.
"Because I want to." She mewed. "If I didn't want to remember then I wouldn't remember." It had always made sense to her, and that was the way she had become. Pay attention, remember the important things, forget the things that are not.
Old January 20th, 2017, 08:33 PM
led into temptation

Quote:
Ebonypaw watched the kit pad back towards her and join her on the floor again. Apparently she had been feeling rejected. The tuxedo flicked an ear, watching the kit and what she was doing.
The first question had surprised her, since she had momentarily forgotten that, unlike her, most others knew how to read body language. She was about to open her maw when the kit brushed aside that question of hers. Was she catching on that Ebonypaw wasn't going to talk about her feelings? Was that a good thing or a bad thing? She shook these thoughts away with a subtle flick of her tail and tried to make her face unreadable.
A new question, still, somewhat unfornately, about herself, but they were still at least things that she could actually answer. She sighed inwardly, trying to keep herself unreadable outwards, and was about to respond when the kit turned back to face her and her purr cut off.
Had she been being frightening to the kit or mean? She blinked slowly and then began to speak, to the kit again, answering the new question.
"Because I want to." She mewed. "If I didn't want to remember then I wouldn't remember." It had always made sense to her, and that was the way she had become. Pay attention, remember the important things, forget the things that are not.
Fawnkit thought about this for a moment. "I guess that makes since, so you remember the herbs, and forget the unimportant things. So it clears your mind for just the herbs and how to use them, right?" She mewed. Fawnkit shifted her gaze, flicking her ears over to the exit of the den. Her Mother would want her home. She was disappointed that she couldn't ask Ebonypaw a few more things. But If she wasn't back in the nursery with her mother soon, there would be a even bigger problem. She sat up, smiling as she gazed up at Ebonypaw once last time. Her Green orbs looked up at the She-cat. "Thank you for taking the time to talk to me, I know you must be busy. I have to go, or I'll get in truble if I don't find Fallowmist. Bye Ebonypaw!" She mewed, quietly enough so other cats wouldn't here. She walked away, looking over her sholder one last time to flash a quick smile at Ebonypaw. She would have to come back, but not to soon. Ebonypaw needed to spend time with the cats who needed her. Not with Fawnkit. She walked out of the den, the sent of herbs still clung to her pelt as she began to walk to the nursery.
Old January 30th, 2017, 01:51 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{So sorry about how long this took to get to! But anyways, you can quote this and reply in the medicine cat den, Ebonypaw is open for us now c:}

Luckily enough for Scorchflake, Grousestar was a very kind tom indeed and would be more than happy to help her out around the territory and camp for as long as she needed it and would even be happy to provide her her meals if she wasn't quite comfortable hunting in the territory yet. How could one cat possibly so nice? Was it naive to be like this? Foolish even? Or was it something that the world needed more of? It was a question many cats wondered while the brown tabby simply continued to be himself. It wasn't a question if he was fit to lead his clan, it was very clear that he was capable of doing this. Perhaps he's the kind of leadership that Skyclan needs to get back on it's paws and become a great clan again. He loved Skyclan and he wanted to see it prosper, make cats proud to be a Skyclan cat not to say they already weren't. As they began heading back to camp, he allowed his gaze to occasionally drift over to the new member of his clan, a smile still placed on his muzzle, catching her looking at him every so often with a look of graciousness.
His ears perked up as she started and trailed off, his head turning to fully look at her as she seemed to gather what she was going to say, the tom saying nothing and patiently waiting for what the she-cat would say to him. When she finally spat out what she wanted to say, Grousestar chuckled out, a lighthearted, happy look dancing in those gentle emerald eyes of his before he looked back ahead. "Oh don't worry, I'll be keeping in close touch with Ebonypaw to make sure you're being taken care of properly, after all, you're my warrior now and I want you being as healthy and as happy as possible." The tom purred out, his smile widening slightly, showing that he had pride in making sure that every individual in his clan was doing well. That's what he wanted. He wanted his clan to be healthy and happy and strong.
Scorchflake had an actual smile on her face as Grousestar reassured that he would make sure she was healthy and healing. She knew that he probably checked in on all his warriors, but even then she felt special and cared about. No leader ever cared like Grousestar. "Thank you, Grousestar."
As they traveled she felt her shoulder's pain increase, and she wanted to stop and never get up again. She'd traveled too much that day for a wound that severe, and it took ever ounce of her strength to keep pushing forward, hide the fact she wanted to cry out. Everyone occasional step she took was a wrong one, and a stabbing pain slashed through her injury and she had to bite down, drawing blood from her lip, to prevent a yowl of pain. She was beginning to wonder how she'd managed to go those days after the battle feeling nothing. Was it the herbs she received, or had her emotionless void prevented her from feeling the pain of the wound? Perhaps the SkyClan leader was bringing her out, and the pain was finally emerging too.
So when they were nearing camp, and the smells of so many new cats filled her nostrils, she felt relief. There was an urge to charge forward, but she knew that was stupid for many ways. SkyClan warriors would be hostile towards a newcomer. Her shoulder would make her regret a sudden movement. Grousestar was the only one keeping her standing. Finally they entered the camp, and she stared in amazement. It wasn't finished, as they only recently settled down, and she knew that there was still a lot of adjustments to be made, but it was a perfect camp.
It was her home.
Eyeing the clearing with fascination, she followed the leader into the medicine cat den, and she was hardly into the den when she collapsed, a hiss of pain escaping her before a cry as she landed on her poor shoulder.
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:17 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlost! View Post

Scorchflake had an actual smile on her face as Grousestar reassured that he would make sure she was healthy and healing. She knew that he probably checked in on all his warriors, but even then she felt special and cared about. No leader ever cared like Grousestar. "Thank you, Grousestar."
As they traveled she felt her shoulder's pain increase, and she wanted to stop and never get up again. She'd traveled too much that day for a wound that severe, and it took ever ounce of her strength to keep pushing forward, hide the fact she wanted to cry out. Everyone occasional step she took was a wrong one, and a stabbing pain slashed through her injury and she had to bite down, drawing blood from her lip, to prevent a yowl of pain. She was beginning to wonder how she'd managed to go those days after the battle feeling nothing. Was it the herbs she received, or had her emotionless void prevented her from feeling the pain of the wound? Perhaps the SkyClan leader was bringing her out, and the pain was finally emerging too.
So when they were nearing camp, and the smells of so many new cats filled her nostrils, she felt relief. There was an urge to charge forward, but she knew that was stupid for many ways. SkyClan warriors would be hostile towards a newcomer. Her shoulder would make her regret a sudden movement. Grousestar was the only one keeping her standing. Finally they entered the camp, and she stared in amazement. It wasn't finished, as they only recently settled down, and she knew that there was still a lot of adjustments to be made, but it was a perfect camp.
It was her home.
Eyeing the clearing with fascination, she followed the leader into the medicine cat den, and she was hardly into the den when she collapsed, a hiss of pain escaping her before a cry as she landed on her poor shoulder.
(I am so sorry I didn't see this here I forgot to check for new posts...)

Ebonypaw looked up abruptly at the sounds of cats entering the den. She recognized Grousestar, but the female, the one that appeared to be wounded, was unfamiliar in sight, and as she neared, in scent as well.
The she-cat could not quite make out a scent with the background herb-scent that filled the den, she had wondered many times by now if she would reach a place in time when her nostrils grew used to the scent of the many herbs and she would be able to make out the individual scent of the cats within the den.

As she approached, she couldn't immediately see anything wrong with the feline who had fallen, though their hiss and cry sounded pained. She turned her blue eyes up towards the leader for a moment before turning back to the unfamiliar she-cat with the strange scent, lowering herself partially, though the she-cat was a warrior and she was only nine moons, so she didn't have to bend much to become level with the edge of the flank of the cat. Ebonypaw scented her, more out of habit now, forgetting to ask if this cat was even from Skyclan or not.

But then again, she trusted Grousestar as a leader. He wouldn't bring a cat that he wouldn't want to be helped to the medicine den, right?
"What happened?" The tuxedo asked, eyes still trained the flank of the feline, unsure what exactly had happened or if the pain that this cat had was external or internal. Perhaps they could answer this for her, but simply asking what happened would also give some information, hopefully.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlost! View Post

It was her home.
Quote:
(I am so sorry I didn't see this here I forgot to check for new posts...)

Ebonypaw looked up abruptly at the sounds of cats entering the den. She recognized Grousestar, but the female, the one that appeared to be wounded, was unfamiliar in sight, and as she neared, in scent as well.
The she-cat could not quite make out a scent with the background herb-scent that filled the den, she had wondered many times by now if she would reach a place in time when her nostrils grew used to the scent of the many herbs and she would be able to make out the individual scent of the cats within the den.

As she approached, she couldn't immediately see anything wrong with the feline who had fallen, though their hiss and cry sounded pained. She turned her blue eyes up towards the leader for a moment before turning back to the unfamiliar she-cat with the strange scent, lowering herself partially, though the she-cat was a warrior and she was only nine moons, so she didn't have to bend much to become level with the edge of the flank of the cat. Ebonypaw scented her, more out of habit now, forgetting to ask if this cat was even from Skyclan or not.

But then again, she trusted Grousestar as a leader. He wouldn't bring a cat that he wouldn't want to be helped to the medicine den, right?
"What happened?" The tuxedo asked, eyes still trained the flank of the feline, unsure what exactly had happened or if the pain that this cat had was external or internal. Perhaps they could answer this for her, but simply asking what happened would also give some information, hopefully.
At the thanks from his new warrior he simply chuckled lightheartedly and nodded his head, falling quiet as they made their way to camp and very promptly made their way to the medicine cat's den where they would find Ebonypaw.
When they finally made it to the den and out of the bustle of the camp, it was clear the traveling that Scorchflake had done had taken a tole on her as she collapsed into the closest nest possible, allowing a hiss to escape herself, though he did worry, he knew that the she-cat would be in good paws with Ebonypaw.
Looking up from his friend to the young medicine cat in training, he would flash her a smile, an almost apologetic look, though there was no clear reason as to why he looked that way. Perhaps because of the suddenness of popping in? Who knows, though the look didn't stay too long as he watched the young cat approach the former Shadowclan warrior.

"Greetings Ebonypaw, I hope we're not intruding on any important tasks but she desperately needs her wounds looked at. Her name is Scorchflake and she is a new member of our clan, she can tell you the rest because she knows the extent of her wounds I believe and would be better suited to answering your questions. If you don't mind, I will be picking up some prey, would you like so?"
The leader asked the medicine cat politely with a tilted head, a look that always appeared so innocent as if he was an overgrown kit standing in the body of a leader, but nonetheless, the offer stood and he wouldn't move until he was answered.

After Ebonypaw gives her answer, whichever the case may be, he would respectfully dip his head and pad out of the den to retrieve the food, grabbing some for himself as well. He would return, not because he didn't trust the young medicine cat to do her job, but just wanting to make sure that Scorchflake wasn't in any sort of serious danger with her injuries, he didn't know the first thing about it or if they were infected or not and would most certainly like to stay informed on his friends situation.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?