Last post by Rawsuit
Today 09:29 AM

Old September 4th, 2023, 01:11 AM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Rani @Omari

Ghostpaw stirred somewhere completely different as the place she blacked out. The injuries she got from the fight with the two ShadowRats were suddenly hurting like mad, especially the ones the black cat had slashed across her throat and chest. The 'paw was thoroughly disoriented. Her head felt like it was being pounded on, and she sagged into the nest under her. Her tail twitched. Wha... Where was the Treepaw? If that even was his name. At least the huge warrior was still there. Some leafy-smelling cat was there too. Ugh. Her insides felt jumbled up with pain... and something else?

Feathernose poked her muzzle inside the medicine den. She had to admit, it had been a while since she last went there. Blood dripped down the deepish slash under her left eye. The other injuries she had gotten from that ShadowClanner weren't so bad, they had already stopped running. "Hello? Drizzlecloud? Springpaw?" the she-cat mewed softly, to not disturb other patients as she slipped inside.
@ares Springpaw mention

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old September 4th, 2023, 07:54 AM
Halloqueen

Bump Policy: 1-2 days. I have been SUPER busy with school, so sorry if I don't respond quickly!
My Mood: Happy

Lilackit awkwardly stumbled into the den, making sure to stay off of her paw, and looked around.
@ares @Omari

Last edited by Theodore_510; September 4th, 2023 at 08:19 AM.
Old September 4th, 2023, 08:11 AM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Sparkkit followed Lilackit, amazed. He looked at the breathtaking walls of herbs astoundingly. "Hello? Anyone here to help Lilackit?" he called.

@Omari @Theodore_510 @ares
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; September 4th, 2023 at 08:11 AM.
Old September 4th, 2023, 12:09 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Luckily, Springpaw hadn’t been far behind for her to listen most to what had been being said to the young feline that struck herself into the den. Not only that, but her ears had already swerved upwards when her name had been called for. Bruises and a few cuts? Definitely not good, but thankfully it didn’t sound too alarming to think about in pure detail. Pursing her lips, the young calico had already begun to swerve her way towards the herb storage to grab a snag of marigold and bring her way back towards the duo of felines. While she walked, her lips curled themselves into a rather somber-like smile as she listened to the next set of words that escaped the apprentice's mouth. She knew what it was like to feel cowardly and embarrassed at a young age like her; furthermore, she also knew what it was like to deal with someone who only just pushed and shoved her around like a ruthless toy. It was a dreadful feeling that she knew all too well. It sucked, but Springpaw dealt with it in a way that everyone else would’ve dealt with it. She moved on from that pungent feeling and just… went on about her day. It wasn’t something that she wanted or liked, but it wasn’t exactly something that she could help with. Stifling yet another sigh, she leaned down and swooped up a single piece of marigold, glancing back towards the duo of felines, watching as the ticked tabby form of her mentor usher the injured apprentice into an unoccupied moss-bed. Well, at least that’s one thing that’s checked off the bucket list.

Shaking her head, the calico trudged her way over towards the two of them, briefly glancing up towards Drizzlecloud in acknowledgement before focusing clearly towards Shypaw, her lips remaining curled into a somber frown behind the marigold that she held gingerly in her jaws. “I get that feeling,” she spoke, placing the piece of marigold down right beside herself so that she could keep speaking. “I’ve thought the same way when I was apprenticed to Rabbitchatter a long time ago. I felt stupid and naive, like I wasn’t enough to do anything for the world. I didn’t experience the best life while I was still in the nursery. My mom-… birth-giver, abandoned me at a young age and I was left to take care of my siblings alone. I always thought it was my fault that she left… but I was wrong. She was selfish and entitled; always caring for herself and not for the innocent lives of her kits. You’ve got to pull through whatever you go through, y’know? It’s just going to take time and patience for you to become a full warrior yourself. I didn’t feel like I had the full capacity to become a warrior myself when I was training as a normal apprentice, but here I am now, training to become a medicine cat. Do you want to know something that an old friend of mine told me before he left?” She focused her attention towards the injured young molly, her blue gaze twinkling as she continued to speak. “He told me this way before when I thought that my name wasn’t special, but the thing is… you’ve got to experience something in your life, but that alone doesn’t mean that you're not special. In fact, names mean a lot, you know. My name, spring, means change and a lot of growth, like a refreshing breeze. And you know… he was right. Ever since I became the next medicine cat apprentice, I’ve grown and changed throughout my time in the medicine den. I’ve learned things that I never thought I’d learn. The thing is, you’ll start to feel the same way too. The time just has to be right for it to happen.”

Springpaw briefly glanced over towards Drizzlecloud after she finished making her speech, giving her mentor a soft, inquiring smile. Most of the growth and change that she experienced wouldn’t have been for the cats that she grew up with over the time that she had been a medicine cat apprentice. Her mom, Drizzlecloud, Alderstep, Bumblestar… everyone included for the matter. It was something that Springpaw loved and endured, and it made her feel special in every way. Maybe her words would make Shypaw feel just as special as well, but she couldn’t be too certain about that yet. She needed to wait and see first.

@RogueSkeleton @Omari

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old September 4th, 2023, 04:48 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Springpaw could almost feel her lips purse in relief as she watched the molly in front of her shift herself to be closer to Yarrowcrest’s face, seemingly cooing him while also trying to coax him to eat the other half of the herb that she was currently holding. Lapis hues darted down towards the tom-cat as her throat felt like it was clenching itself unbelievably tight. She could easily sense the incoming exhaustion that was waving off of Yarrowcrest like a raging storm of smoke from a burning house, almost making her lungs feel like they were being tickled by soft feathers and particles of dust. Biting back a raspy cough, the feline swerved herself around to reach a paw into the leaf-like pouch and searched recklessly for a piece of marigold. She had to have at least a couple more, right? She only used one for Yarrowcrest’s wound while they were still at Cattail Pond, and that didn’t seem to do much to fight off the infection that had plagued his gruesome wound. However, now with the burnet applied to the area and numbing most of the pain that the tom had experienced, including making most of the inflammation die down, he should hopefully be entirely unable to feel the way that she will touch the area and continue to apply as much as she could to keep it from becoming worse than how it already was. Sucking in a sharp breath of air through clenched teeth, she swiftly scooped up a stray or marigold with a foreclaw and pulled it close to herself, glancing over towards the duo as she shifted herself in preparation to start chewing up the herb into a poultice and slather it onto the fizzling wound. A shot of relief pulsed through her system as she watched Yarrowcrest finally eat the herb, silently relieved for Sparrowfur to listen to Springpaw’s instructions and gently rub the bottom of his jaw to hopefully coax him into swallowing the herb. Thank stars he didn’t spit it out, though!

Focusing back towards the herb between her small paws, she began to gently nimble along the edges to carefully chew it up into a usuable poultice, which she had carefully began to use her tongue to press the poultice against her teeth to keep herself from accidentally swallowing the bitter-tasting paste. She could almost feel the unbridled urge to gag against the mushy feeling on her tongue, but she kept going. Yarrowcrest’s life was on the line, and if she didn’t do anything, then who the hell was? After chewing for approximately three minutes, she used her tongue to carefully push the paste onto her paw-pads and moved it over to the wound to cover it back up with the marigold-like paste. Thankfully, due to the inflammation being died down by the burnet, this should actually help the wound properly heal up unlike it did before. After carefully slathering the poultice onto the wound, she reached down and grabbed the last wad of cobweb that she had stored in her leaf-life pouch and began to unwrap it, carefully wrapping it around his leg to tightly hold the wound in place, being sure to be tightly secured so that the cobwebs didn’t fall out. After a few seconds of wrapping, she pulled her paws away and glanced over towards Sparrowfur, her blue eyes glazed with sympathy as she stared at the distressed feline. “He should hopefully pull through with all of that on. Let me give him a poppyseed and he should rest for now. He should start feeling better in a couple of days. If not, please let me know if he has a fever developing or if the wound is starting to show signs of infection again. None of those should be likely, but it should be best to keep caution in case they are bound to happen again.” She explained somberly, reaching an free paw down back into her pouch and pulling out a small, black poppyseed, extending it towards the direction of Yarrowcrest for him to eat so that he could rest.

[ -1 marigold | -2 cobwebs]

@silverwynds @roo! [we should be done here after you guys post! ]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; September 7th, 2023 at 07:14 AM.
Old September 4th, 2023, 05:00 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •

Springpaw could almost feel her lips purse in relief as she watched the molly in front of her shift herself to be closer to Yarrowcrest’s face, seemingly cooing him while also trying to coax him to eat the other half of the herb that she was currently holding. Lapis hues darted down towards the tom-cat as her throat felt like it was clenching itself unbelievably tight. She could easily sense the incoming exhaustion that was waving off of Yarrowcrest like a raging storm of smoke from a burning house, almost making her lungs feel like they were being tickled by soft feathers and particles of dust. Biting back a raspy cough, the feline swerved herself around to reach a paw into the leaf-like pouch and searched recklessly for a piece of marigold. She had to have at least a couple more, right? She only used one for Yarrowcrest’s wound while they were still at Cattail Pond, and that didn’t seem to do much to fight off the infection that had plagued his gruesome wound. However, now with the burnet applied to the area and numbing most of the pain that the tom had experienced, including making most of the inflammation die down, he should hopefully be entirely unable to feel the way that she will touch the area and continue to apply as much as she could to keep it from becoming worse than how it already was. Sucking in a sharp breath of air through clenched teeth, she swiftly scooped up a stray or marigold with a foreclaw and pulled it close to herself, glancing over towards the duo as she shifted herself in preparation to start chewing up the herb into a poultice and slather it onto the fizzling wound. A shot of relief pulsed through her system as she watched Yarrowcrest finally eat the herb, silently relieved for Sparrowfur to listen to Springpaw’s instructions and gently rub the bottom of his jaw to hopefully coax him into swallowing the herb. Thank stars he didn’t spit it out, though!

Focusing back towards the herb between her small paws, she began to gently nimble along the edges to carefully chew it up into a usuable poultice, which she had carefully began to use her tongue to press the poultice against her teeth to keep herself from accidentally swallowing the bitter-tasting paste. She could almost feel the unbridled urge to gag against the mushy feeling on her tongue, but she kept going. Yarrowcrest’s life was on the line, and if she didn’t do anything, then who the hell was? After chewing for approximately three minutes, she used her tongue to carefully push the paste onto her paw-pads and moved it over to the wound to cover it back up with the marigold-like paste. Thankfully, due to the inflammation being died down by the burnet, this should actually help the wound properly heal up unlike it did before. After carefully slathering the poultice onto the wound, she reached down and grabbed the last wad of cobweb that she had stored in her leaf-life pouch and began to unwrap it, carefully wrapping it around his leg to tightly hold the wound in place, being sure to be tightly secured so that the cobwebs didn’t fall out. After a few seconds of wrapping, she pulled her paws away and glanced over towards Sparrowfur, her blue eyes glazed with sympathy. She “He should hopefully pull through with all of that on. Let me give him a poppyseed and he should rest for now. He should start feeling better in a couple of days. If not, please let me know if he has a fever developing or if the wound is starting to show signs of infection again. None of those should be likely, but it should be best to keep caution in case they are bound to happen again.” She explained somberly, reaching an free paw down back into her pouch and pulling out a small, black poppyseed, extending it towards the direction of Yarrowcrest for him to eat so that he could rest.

@silverwynds @roo! [we should be done here after you guys post! ]

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons
Beefed Up I - inactive

---

Sparrowfur released a breath she didn't know she was holding. She gave Springpaw a grateful look. She blinked the wetness from her eyes and took a breath, before gently touching foreheads with the apprentice.

"Thank you.. I don't know what I would've done if I lost him.." she glanced back at Yarrowcrest with a smile "You did wonderful. I'm lucky to have a fantastic medicine apprentice in my clan." she spoke softly and dipped her head.

She gently licked the top of Yarrowcrests fur. Though exhausted with relief she whispered again in his ear.

"Gave me quite the scare there.." she chuckled "I think it would be wise not to give your mate a heart attack like that anytime soon." she teased quietly.

She wasn't entirely sure if he could hear her, or if he himself was all too fatigued, but she figured it was better getting the thoughts out into the open. She thanked the Stars for their protection and begged for their guidance even further. Starclan only knew how long this war would go on, but Sparrowfur felt with a deep dread in her stomach that this was only the beginning.

[ @ares // @silverwynds // good job everyone! ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old September 4th, 2023, 05:14 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons
purrks: mind reader [ACTIVE]

---

Ah, a poppy seed. That would make it a little easier to sleep. He was allowed to sleep now, right? Springpaw was done poking and prodding at his now numb injury and he could close his eyes without someone whispering into his ear or poking at his face, right? Because right about now a nap sounded so nice. Gingerly lapping up the poppy seed being offered to him, he swallows it and glances to the apprentice's face through tired, blurry eyes. Managing a weak smile he mews a polite 'thank you' before letting his eyes close and a deep breath move his chest.

Reopening his eyes to try and make out whatever look she was giving him, Sparrowfur's voice comes through a little more clearly than before and he wants to laugh. Not enough energy to do so right now, though, so he just stares at her with the same weak smile. The worst of it had to be over. At least for now. All he could do at this point was rest, recover, and move forward.

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur | @Roo_!

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old September 5th, 2023, 10:15 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

| Larchflame |
( @Omari @ares )

The molly was met by Drizzelcloud not too long after she had arrived, the calico nodded hello to the medicine cat, but before she could answer her question Springpaw had already begun assessing her. They're probably pretty busy, she thought, holding her injured leg as still as she could while the apprentice checked it. Springpaws diagnosis made Larchflame sigh with relief, although she wasn't really worried about the seriousness of her injury it was still nice to know that it wasn't too bad.

She winced slightly when Springpaw suggested that she might've fallen, a bit offended, but it was close to the truth. "I landed weird, I think I slipped on a root or something, but I didn't fall." Larchflame meowed with a small hint of sharpness towards the end of her sentence, however realising her tone she gave Springpaw a little smile of reassurance that she didn't mean to be rude. It was good to know she should be fine to go for her walk.

Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
sootkit: worldweaver 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow, beefed up 1
Old September 5th, 2023, 04:59 PM
Moon of planet cult

Bump Policy: 2 day bump
My Mood: Queenly

Pikekit bite down on some moss to muffle the small whimpers and cries coming from him as the marigold was appilied to his wounded areas, through misty eyes he listened to Drizzlecloud about cobwebs and a stick WAIT A STICK NO NO NO cats have come out of here with sticks and never played or ran again, in response to this thought he started to give small tears as he nodded to let drizzle start working

@Omari

@ares

@Caspian

(sorry for late response i have no energy)

Pikekit purrks: Well insulated

Blooddancer purrks: Nightmare fuel

“I’m going to the dark forest, but I want Starclan to hesitate” -Stormpaw

Charcter bio’s
Old September 5th, 2023, 08:51 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Doing her own thing in her free time was… fine, but it was also quite difficult to stay in one place without feeling the need to try to get up and find something to do. Shuffling her paws around, Springpaw couldn’t help but feel stuck or preoccupied with her spot in the den that she had practically already felt like she was going to lose her marbles the longer that she lingered there… wait, what did that even mean? Oh well, it’s not like she was going to find out anyways. Oriental-shaped ears swerved towards the entrance as blue hues watched as two tiny kits hobbled into the den, the calico quick to notice that one of them in particular was injured. Well, it wasn’t often that they had any kit patients, and it didn’t seem that this one was going to be considerably very gruesome. Then again, it wasn’t hard to remember the mangled pelts of both Cloudykit and Pikekit as the two tom-kits streaked across her mind, making her lips curl into a frown. Those two were in entirely horrible shape when they were brought to the den. Hopefully they won’t have to experience such trauma like that again… stars it was horrible. A tiny, squeaky voice echoed through her ears and Springpaw turned her head towards the direction of the young tom-kit who spoke, noticing the concern and worry that laced his voice as he asked for help. Well, it seemed like a kit was in need of a check-up, and Springpaw was willing to do it. “I’ll go ahead and help him if you wish,” she explained, trudging her way towards the duo of kits as she silently scanned the two, eying Lilackit’s injured paw that she was keen on noticing that no pressure was being applied on it. “What in the world happened to your paw, Lilackit?” Springpaw questioned, kneeling down to get a closer inspection on the paw. Ouch, it looked almost twisted in a way. Poor thing, hopefully it was just a sprain.

Last edited by iliri; September 5th, 2023 at 10:18 PM.