finder for my new (and...
by ophelia
Last post by iliri
Today 12:53 PM

Old February 12th, 2020, 12:13 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Fawnsqueak blanched at the notion even though he'd been the one to propose it, but he didn't remember proposing both of them scurrying up a trunk. "Whoa, let's--? As in, you and me?" he asked, stunned. Disbelief was in his eyes. However, he wasn't about to be left behind and scurried to join Eagleflower at the base of a tree that towered too far above them for Fawnsqueak's liking— there was no way he'd get up there. It was with utter mystification that he watched, his head cocked to the side. "How did you—?" It was admirable, but impossible! Like a super power or something. Unsheathing his claws, he placed them onto the trunk and took a little hop toward it, but the upward momentum failed him. Again, he clung to the tree with all his might—already feeling his muscles straining from a lack of upper-body strength—and attempted to gain distance but could secure just a few measly centimeters at a time. "Am… am I almost there?" he asked through a puff before flopping back.

"Is it?" he asked, genuinely curious. "I thought… well, it always made me feel weird, being one of the kits that didn't feel like the real camp was 'home'." For a moment, he debated, then confessed, "For a long time, and even now sometimes, I guess I blamed Fallenstar for all of it. It was his fault that I didn't have a normal kithood." Fawnsqueak recognized how it was irrational to think that and tried to move on, but it was tough. "I think about how things could've been different frequently."

Fawnsqueak's gut twisted upon remembering the former leader of RiverClan. "But did you hear that, at the gathering? Lionstar said a patrol found Fallenstar, murdered by a rogue." A shudder passed through him, and he gave a quick glance around as if concerned they were being watched from the shadows by a still-at-large killer. "I wonder if it's one of those Dusk cats hanging around, or … or if they're going to pick off more cats."

@Moon Lily

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old February 13th, 2020, 03:18 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

@Dipper

Eagleflower tried not to giggle as the tom tried to scrabble up the trunk. It was like watching a dog, honestly. Clumsy, sliding down the tree as soon as they got up. It was a tricky skill, but this was like watching a comedy act. He couldn't hold it any longer... His ears flattened, trying to hold back his chortle. He hiccuped, wheezing as he tried to maintain his polite stature. Whoops. A laugh guffaw erupted from his mouth, and he laughed until tears sprang into his eyes and his sides hurt. Wiping the few he had left in his eyes, he stared down at the tom. It seemed like he had decided to flop back down.
"Aw, come on, you were almost there! Just another hundred tail lengths of so!" He teased, eyes flinging with amusement. He stayed positioned on the fork of the branches, tilting his head down at Fawnsqueak from above.

"Well, I thought it was. But then again, being separated from your home a birth doesn't sound very nice." He agreed, nodding thoughtfully. He remembered how he hadn't known where he was from his first day in Skyclan. Even as a kit- dead as a doorknob. It was as if he had amnesia or something.
"I don't blame you for thinking about it. Things could have been better, but they don't happen that way for some Starclan-forsaken reason." He mewed, his voice rising slightly in light anger. Realizing his tone, he relaxed his pelt, giving his chest fur a few embarrassed kicks before listening to the rest.

"I heard that at the gathering- but I don't know if any would be out there. I thought they'd scattered the group. Unless they've managed to regroup, I'm not sure if it was the Dusk Syndicate." He admitted, shifting his place in the branch. She shuffled towards the sky, gazing at the view. His eyes widened in star-struck wonder. Wow... He thought breathelessly. The view is so good here.
"Fawnsqueak, you have to come up! The view's amazing from up here!" He exclaimed, shifting towards the trunk, "Do you want any help?"

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old February 13th, 2020, 03:35 AM
the stars are aligned

Upon realizing the extent of Eagleflower's enjoyment at his painfully-bad attempt at climbing, Fawnsqueak feigned an irritated huff, a mock pout that dissolved after a moment or two. "Hey, not all of us can be handsome and also weirdly muscular, alright?" he snarked, the snip playful. "Can't say much for intelligence though, considering you agreed to a date with a guy who is literally neither of those things." He didn't even understand what kind of sorcery SkyClan cats learned to be able to do that, how they had the agility and strength to hoist themselves into a tree. Who did they think they were, birds?

Well, Eagleflower's name was strikingly accurate.

When he called him to look at the view, Fawnsqueak's jaw tightened in determination. He had to get up there, even if he pulled a muscle trying. "If I fall out of this tree and die, you're responsible for making sure I get a really great vigil," he said through gritted teeth as he clung to the trunk again, gradually working his way upward in little bursts. His legs ached, unaccustomed to this. But he perservered and with a last haul, had managed to actually grab onto the branch and bring himself up the rest of the distance. Never again.

"This view better be the best thing I've seen in my life, man." Fawnsqueak had to be certain he was secure in his position before taking his eyes from the tree and raising them to the sky, a small gasp of awe falling from him. Maybe the climb actually had been worth it. Without the obstruction of trees, it was as if he could see the blanket of stars go on forever. The sight was astonishing, and he was thoroughly entranced by the endless waves of indigo, the millions of tiny lights.

Grateful, he stole a glance at Eagleflower, appreciation brimming in his gaze. "What do you wish went better in your life?" he asked, remembering Eagleflower's surprising anger in a gentle-natured cat. The question was blunt and intimate, something he recognized a beat after it was out, so he coughed. "Sorry, you... if you don't want, you don't have to talk about that." It was simply that he'd seemed... so passionate about it, all of a sudden.

@Moon Lily

Last edited by Fawn; February 13th, 2020 at 03:36 AM.
Old February 14th, 2020, 01:21 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

@Dipper

Eagleflower purred as the tom hugged mockingly, enjoying his little show. It had been a long time since he'd watched another cat climb a tree. and that was...quite a while ago.
His pelt grew hot at the comment- did Fawnsqueak think he was handsome? Muscular? He almost shied away in embarrassment. The comment left him feeling a mixture of emotions, and he was overwhelmed by each of them.
"R-really? You th-" He was cut off by Fawnsqueak's next comment, and he laughed, shaking his head.
"Well, maybe I think you are. You look it to me, and you're definitely much more intelligent." He teased, smiling, "I can't say much for agility, though." He laughed, gesturing to the tree with his tail.
He didn't know that Riverclan had this much trouble climbing up trees. From his perspective, he'd thought they could. But then again, that was probably outdated, because he thought that as a kit.

He felt his belly swell with joy as the tom kept trying. He watched in awe as the other tom hung on, persevering though the whole thing. He'd never seen a cat with a will this strong. Fawnsqueak was so...he couldn't describe it. He was too many things at once. Eagleflower opened his mouth in fake horror as he clambered onto the tree, joining him.
"Oh no! You're still alive?! But I was planning a whole celebration!" He yowled in "protest". He enjoyed their little sarcastic game.CENTER

His smile turned wistful as he heard the tom's doubtful mew. He watched as the tom let out a small gasp of awe, and he purred softly.
"It might not be the best thing you've ever seen, but it'd be pretty darned close." He whispered, gazing up himself. The hundreds of stars lined the black cloak of sky like tiny gems, and starbursts of them gathered in small clans of their own. A shooting star shot past, and his fur bristled with triumph. Finally, he'd seen one!
"Make a wish." He murmured. I wish...I wish for these cats, and their journey ahead, to be an easy road. They've been through too much. For Snowpaw, Fawnsqueak, Dreampaw- where ever she is, I'm sorry, Thunderpaw, Dawnpaw, Honeypaw...please protect them. And myself. I know it's selfish, but, I can't help it. Thanks. He thought silently.

Eagleflower turned to Fawnsqueak, meeting the tom's gaze. His face wrinkled into a grin. It faded as the tom questioned him.
"Hm? N-no, it's alright. I-I... I wish for a lot of things. For my family- whoever they are. My memories of where I came from, that Skyclan could have stayed in their territory, that we didn't have so many useless battles that just kill innocent cats, that the leaders would actually listen to each other, for cats to realize what they're doing and do the right thing, for things to go the way we expected, and...Starclan knows what else. Nothing is right at the moment." He ranted, the last few sentences dipping off into a whisper. He lowered his head, staring at his paws.

Old February 14th, 2020, 02:18 PM
the stars are aligned

"Wait-- celebration?!" Fawnsqueak hissed in feigned offense. "I said vigil, not victory party. But.. now the whole 'oh Fawnsqueak, you should join me up in this super tall and dangerous tree!' is starting to make a lot more sense." What a killer date this was turning out to be, literally. However, it was tough for him to keep a straight face during that act, and he snickered for a second before falling into a full laugh.

It had been a long time since he'd stopped to admire the stars like this, and he'd never done it so intimately either. It was... a refreshing change that plastered a giddy smile on his muzzle, growing wider at the star dashing across the sky. "I... I've never seen one do that, is that supposed to happen?" It was an odd sight, but he was calmed by Eagleflower's relaxed nature about it, and he tilted his head at the wish remark. He didn't believe in things beyond science, but he supposed he could give it a shot for fun. "I wish I'll be able to get down from this tree." And more seriously, he inwardly wished to be remembered as someone who'd spread more joy than harm. Someone who'd made a positive difference in as many lives as possible.

He blinked as Eagleflower mentioned he'd hoped SkyClan could've stayed in their territory, and Fawnsqueak fought down a thick swallow. "If... if that area became less dangerous, you're saying you'd leave..?" he asked but couldn't meet his gaze, uncertain if he wanted the answer. "Sorry, I guess-- I wouldn't really blame you. It's just that you've been here for a while... and it's almost like you've been here the entire time." SkyClan's merge had been successful: they'd adapted to the RiverClan lifestyle and were essentially part of the Clan, so much so that Fawnsqueak often forgot they were not originally part of it.

"Yeah," he mumbled his agreement. "It's... well, it hasn't been that bad recently. RiverClan hasn't been in a battle since that raid, and that was hardly..." It was a sweeping victory. "I don't know. I guess it's hard to imagine life being different than this. And if the leaders did listen to each other," a small, sad chuckle, "there might actually be more wars since they'd hear what kind of awful things they spew."

The moment lingered for a moment, solemn and quiet in the frosty air, but he peeked to Eagleflower with hesitance. Curiosity. Coughing lightly, he inquired, "Would you, uh, like to start heading back? We should probably get at least a little sleep tonight." It was with some visible disappointment, the bittersweet inevitability of their outing coming to a close despite how he longed to stay here and chat the night away. It had been... so vastly different than what he'd expected; he'd never thought this would end with him actually wanting to continue until the sunrise, or until they dropped from exhaustion.

@Moon Lily

Old February 15th, 2020, 04:24 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

@Dipper

Eagleflower chuckled at the tom's "offended" mew. He could fit in some more teasing.
"Hah, you have a death wish!" He mewed triumphantly , as if proving some point of his. Maybe he was, but what, he didn't know. He recalled how appalled he had been when he first heard his kithood friends scream 'don't die!' or something similar at him. If course, it took on a whole new meaning now. Death was something to be a afraid of- an untamed force. Why so deep, Eagle? He wondered. Maybe it was the romance.

He turned as Fawnsqueak questioned the flying star. He felt surprise wriggle in his oelt, his eyes widening. Had the tom never heard of a shooting star?
"Oh, it's called a shooting star! Whenever you are one, you make a wish." He explained, gesturing to the now faint starry streak. He wondered if the tom had needed his words and made a wish, or if he'd ignored it. He didn't seem like the tom to do so. His question was answered for him.
"Get used to it! Trees are life!" He yowled the second part at the top of his lungs, listening to the echo of it happily. The world certainly agreed. The stars and wishes reminded him of a friend who has thought they were made of balls of gas and rock- how crazy was that?! The cat must have been insane. Everycat knew it was Starclan who were the stars.

Eagleflower's ears flattened as he realized how insensitive his answer had been. The night must have gotten to him, his fake confidence gone to his head.
"Ah, n-no, if course not! It wouldn't be the same. I'm sorry- that was super insensitive of me... I love Riverclan, and it's awesome here, but I just...I miss being a Skyclanner, you know? I'm happy that it joined you guys, and not at the same time. But I'm really happy, t-that...that I met you." He explained quickly, his mew trailing off. He hoped the tom wasn't offended. What if he was?! "O-oh, Starclan, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, to, to..." He could finish, feeling overwhelming emotions welling up. He listened closely to the tom's next comment, nodding. It was true, those words.
"True."

He felt a sudden wave of heaviness as Fawnsqueak questioned him. As much as he wanted to sleep, he wanted to stay here. Talking, laughing, having fun. This was great, and he'd miss it if they'd have to go.
"Yeah, I guess so ...do you want to stay here? He asked, his voice taut with anxiousness. He didn't want it to end. Though it would have to, he felt strands of hesitance.

Old February 15th, 2020, 09:38 PM
the stars are aligned

"Ironic," Fawnsqueak commented dryly at Eagleflower's triumphant yowl, "because I'm pretty sure climbing trees is actually going to be the death of me." But he couldn't mask the smile in the corner of his mouth, nor did he stifle the little puff of a laugh that escaped him.

His nervousness was apparent in the small fidgeting movements, or the way his claws kneaded at the bark as he waited for Eagleflower's answer, then processed it with a nod. "It wasn't insensitive or anything," he reassured, "I just... guess I figured maybe you guys didn't mind it here. But I get it, it's not the same." Fawnsqueak couldn't imagine the hurt that Eagleflower had went through to leave his home and friends, and now he was a dying breed in a Clan of strangers who used to not be so friendly toward them. A blush swept over his features from what felt like his toes to his ear tips, everything warming at the confession. "N-no," he blurted after a second, shaking his head rapidly, "don't apologize, it's-- I'm.. I'm glad I-- well, that you're here, and I'm glad I met you too. You're really incredible, dude, and... I wish I would've known that sooner." He certainly wouldn't have waited until now to get to know him if he'd realized they would have a great dynamic and chemistry to share. "It's.. weird. This doesn't happen to me much, feeling like I actually 'click' with someone." As he spoke, he tapered off slightly, feeling self-conscious over the admission.

"I hadn't even considered that," he replied truthfully, then peered down at the ground below. "Does it have to be up here? I mean, I'm kind of worried I'll literally fall and die." However, the issue was getting down, and he wasn't ready to face that yet. In a search for alternatives... he scooted back a little so he was positioned near the trunk of the tree and securely on the branch, then curled up while tipping his head to invite Eagleflower to join him. "Never mind. I'll just stay up here. Is there enough room for you..?"

@Moon Lily

Last edited by Fawn; February 15th, 2020 at 09:39 PM.
Old February 15th, 2020, 11:56 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

@Dipper

Eagleflower giggled at the tom's comment, catching sight of his cheeky smile. He felt his pet grow warm, but turned before the tom could catch the smile of his own. Climbing is definitely the best activity, he decided. It brought out what cats were actually like. And in this case, he'd learnt more about Fawnsqueak's sarcastic side.

He glanced at the small creases in the back that the tom had scraped it, feeling his stomach squirm with anxiousness. The tom seemed to be considering his answer, but would he understand? He stayed silent, clamping his maw shut. His jaw relaxed as Fawnsqueak confirmed that he understood, and Eagleflower's chest heaved with relief. He could let out the small puff of air he'd been holding in. He too, understood the warrior's love for his home. Returning to it after being born in rogue territory? That must have been a dream. He felt a small breeze rush past in his silence, and felt warmth fill his body at Fawnsqueak's words. He'd never been praised like this before, and he...he liked it. He was surprised to find that he did. Being modest, avoiding comments, gestures of kindness and such, but this...what was it?
"T-thank you. I wish I'd had the courage to talk to you sooner..." He mewed softly, gazing back at the star-filled sky. He said this honestly. But he couldn't help but wonder ; would things turn out this way if he had? Would they still be here, staring at this same sky?
"I'm glad you feel that, the, um, 'click'. I-I was wondering if you felt it too..." He agreed, noticing his little taper.

Eagleflower laughed, gazing at the rushing water below. As much as he hated to climb down from a tree, they probably should, or else it would get too dark to climb down. And too dark to help the take-their-timer beside him down too. He padded to stand beside the tom, cocking his head.
"We don't have to stay up here! You don't look very comfortable. Besides, I want to know what you want to do." He lunged into a nearby branch, "I've forced you to take up climbing, so it's only fair." He insisted, a grin parting his curious expression.

Old February 16th, 2020, 12:04 AM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak was relieved they didn't have to sleep up here, nor did he have to fall to an unfortunate death in the middle of his sleep. "Do SkyClanners actually sleep in these things?" he asked as he stood onto wobbly legs again. "How do you get nests up here? Or dens?" There was a bonus of being lifted off the ground, however; they didn't have to worry about a sudden attack, and it had a nice view.

He circled the fork in place, careful to keep his balance but sincerely wondering how he was supposed to get onto the ground again. Solid land sounded wonderful. "Oh! I figured we'd do that before we head back, during the sunrise." Peering to the ocean, he mused, "A morning swim can be pretty nice." Especially with the right company, that was even better.

@Moon Lily

Old February 16th, 2020, 02:43 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

@Dipper

Eagleflower tilted his head in confusion. A nest in a tree? What a ridiculous idea! No same cat-even a Skyclan cat- would do that. It would be to hard to sleep in, uncomfortable, and easy to fall out of. What a peculiar thought...but an interesting one, at that. It could be like an eagle's nest, that was smart, actually! But the cat living there would have to be a very good tree climber.
"I don't think so, I haven't seen any living cats in trees." He puurred, almost breaking out in laughter at the thought.
"But that could be a cool project! A den...in a tree...a tree-den!" He gathered, smile growing wider at the idea. Maybe Fawnsqueak would come along to help...?

He smirked at the tom's circling. He gestured to the trunk. "Just climb down! It's easy." He insisted, neating the woody cylinder. He felt his muscles tense, and waved his tail in preperation. "Well, if we go down now, we'll have a while to relax until we do whatever you want." He held his tail high for balance, and lunged into the vertical suface. Going down headfirst was a little harder than going up headfirst, but once you got to the halfway point, you could just jump down. He did so, kneading the grassy carpet. He turned, pelt spiking at the mention of...the word.
"SWIMMING?! Okay, I think I might just go back up into the tree now, hehe..." He mewed nervously, pacing as he waited for Fawnsqueak to come down.