Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Old News

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fish
Today 04:53 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:52 PM
Rabbits belong in warrens,...
by Rani
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:43 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by lark.
Today 04:42 PM
Character Bio's
by Quacky
Last post by Quacky
Today 04:42 PM

Old October 16th, 2023, 01:39 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Royal Railroads Murder

Most of the staff have returned from their trip...except Marshall. The train's were far too full and the trip ended up getting split into 3. The final train was supposed to come in by this morning. But after a few hours of waiting, we called to see what the hold up was.

Marshall had been murdered! Upon request you'd been dispatched to the Train: Starstruck. Everyone was ordered to stay where they were found, except for Dane Ryder, instead told to stand in the Dining Room Car. All of their personal rooms had been locked long before, as the Captain does not wish for them to hide the rooms are always locked once everyone is awake.

The Conductor, Captain Willoughby is found on the scene. You are almost certain he's in the clear but...you're not sure ultimately. Keep an eye on him.
It's up to you to figure out who, out of the 5 main passengers on this train, murdered Marshall.

@Captain Willoughby

A rather open space, seemingly bigger than the rest of the cars. Filled with nothing but some couches and tables in between them. A place to sit and relax. Other than the body, nothing to really see here. Used as a 'hallway' from the rooms to the other main cars.

Face down with a rather mighty blunt force trauma to the head. (Round almost. equivalent to a heavy set tool of some sort with a round source of impact. Maybe a building tool? ) Other faint signs of a struggle. Knuckles are scratched up and their fingers are stained with ink.

The clothes of the victim seem to be fairly stain free. However as you lean close you spot something poking out of the pocket. It's a flower petal.

@Prim Barlowe

Where the guests would go and look at the scenery. A completely glass car with an open deck one is able to walk out on. The room itself filled with cozy couches and a recliner or two. As well as 2 tables where you could read a book if wished, or snack on something from the snack bar.

Open deck with waist high railings. No seats or couches or tables out here. On some instances of the journey, guests and workers have said you can reach your hand out and touch either side of the mountain. Nothing to really report here.

The couches are smooth and velvety. Adorned with a few pillows here and there.

Once removing the couch cushions, which have some very faint black residue on them, you see a singular white petal that was smushed between the couch base and the cushion. Once you're able to uncrinckle the petal you notice a corner is ripped. Upon even closer inspection you notice that the petal also has a speck of red on it. Interesting.

@Dane Ryder

A cozy dining room car with a different bouquet of flowers on each table. Mixed with the smell of a meal you regret missing is also a faint floral scent.

A snack booth makes its home in the front of the car as you first walk in. A register and some drawers can be seen. A pen holder and some complimentary mints are on one corner of said booth.

You open all the drawers. Just papers, pens and an assortment of snacks in separate drawers. However upon inspection in one drawer you see a key, some sort of green gem in the middle. Beneath the key you see some rather worn, crinkled paper. Most of the writing is smudged. Faintly you can make out something akin to 'sorry' and 'careful' .

Each table has a separate floral arrangement on them. You stop and inspect the closest 4 tables. Arrangements consisting of a blue bouquet, red, orange and purple. An odd color combination considering the rest of the bouquets are white.

Each made with meticulous love and care. Nothing seems immediately off about them. The same flowers as the others just dyed...and plastic instead of real. What happened to the original flowers?

@Bailey Lockharte

A smaller commercial kitchen where 5 of the nations best chefs work to provide all course meals for the guests.

A set of well loved knives neatly packed away in a case. One is missing. There are a few uncut fruits, and one halfway sliced through watermelon.

You find the missing knife in the sink, surrounded by the other tools of the trade.

The knife has a pinkish juice all over the blade, that's seeping into the drain. Upon closer inspection you realize it is the watermelon juice.

Nothing to truly see here other than their massive amounts of oatmeal. None are Strawberries and Cream. You consider writing up the chefs for that alone.

@Victoria Bently

The Conductor and Engineers workplace. A rather cramped workplace with the controls on one side, and the firebox on the next. A few boxes of coal tucked away in a corner of the cab.

A counter with all sorts of levers, buttons and doohickeys splayed on the surface. You do your best not to touch any buttons.

You spot a trash can beside the counter and take a look inside of it. It's littered with candy wrappers and a few glass shards. As you shuffle around you spot some redish residue on the liner of the trash can.

Where all the coal goes and the main source of fuel for the train. The area itself lightly dusted with soot from the coal that's been shoveled into the fiery oven. Some's even gotten on your paws !

On the lip of the oven you spot something rather caked onto it, a little thicker than the coal dustings. You're unable to make out exactly what it is, but it looks lumpy.

With all this evidence, you're sure to find the suspect. However there's more to this story than meets the eye. Make sure to go through every clue and see if you can't unearth a hidden plot...or perhaps a hidden motive. You never know what you may find.

The suspects have even agreed to let you interview them. Feel free to send them vm's or pm's. Keep what they say in check, and pay attention, for they may slip up and reveal more than they'd like.

If you have any troubles contact the head of Wait Staff, SkeleStar Via Pm. He'll be able to give you hints to guide you towards catching the perpetrator. This event will end on October 29th at exactly 12am (site time). May you find who killed Marshall before the train reaches it's destination and is trampled on by any morning rush. May luck be on your side detectives.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Drumroll Pleaseeeee

It was Victoria Bently!
If you looked around that Nosy Reporters vm's you would have seen a mention of a necklace, and only mentioned once.

Bring that necklace's attention to the Engineer and they would have hinted towards a potential box behind some of that coal in the Main Car. uwu

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; November 1st, 2023 at 03:05 PM.
Old October 16th, 2023, 11:07 AM
Captain and Conductor

My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: Royal Railroads Murder

Anyone else felt some cold spots?

Ain't no windows open so why do I keep gettin a chill ?
Old October 19th, 2023, 02:09 AM
Wide Awake Eyes Open

Bump Policy: daily, i am on in the early hours.
My Mood: Fine

@Captain Willoughby
hmm. must've been marshall. he appears to be quite dead.
Dirk, he/him outsider, he enjoys running, and does almost nothing else. his pesonality is basically kakashi from naruto. he is a mottled black, orange, and brown in small dots, and has a leaf sized scar on his shoulder from upwalker pups chasing him off a cliff.

MERP
Old October 22nd, 2023, 04:01 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

time to grab my monacle!
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; October 22nd, 2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 04:49 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Unpredictable

Oh no! Do I need to play some dramatic music on a violin?
Old October 23rd, 2023, 10:11 AM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Confused

Hey @SkeleStar ! How do we turn in the answers btw.?
(No I haven’t solved it)

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old October 23rd, 2023, 10:32 AM
pfp by chickadee

Bump Policy: 12 hours / 2 hours time sensitive
My Mood: Sneaky

monster noooox

Lillian gave belly rubs to all the cats
x ghostie gave da cats all da love <3
pat pat - hope
lots of love given by: Thechaoticdigitalcircus & SeonghwasBunnyEars
Pocket Full of Purrkies ACTIVE
Old October 23rd, 2023, 05:48 PM
king of arson and murder

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

It was Percival. I just know it.

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

This space is empty and filled with dust.

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably
Old October 24th, 2023, 09:05 AM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

Either Prim Barlowe or Percival

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old October 25th, 2023, 01:09 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

I voteon percival lol

i'm joking But this is a mystery, Also does anyone have dramatic musi that will fit this event 0.o

although i wanna say this that might help if you guys haven't seen it, if you read the texts, most of it says something about petals and flowers and a knife in the sink, so I think The flowers and petals and knife have some sort of connection with the murderer!

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up