Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by forest
Today 07:52 AM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:25 AM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 07:22 AM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:09 AM

Old December 30th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Gathering the herbs for the poultice, Shinefang ripped a few stalks of flowers form the broom he had just brought back to the den. It was supposed to be good for broken bones. He couldn't tell just from looking at it if it was broken for sure because of the swelling, but the broom and comfrey should be able to help that, and the marigold would stave off infection. The medicine cat brought the herbs over and sat beside the apprentice to look at the tail again. "Hmmm," he hummed slightly, in thought. "How much does it hurt?" he asked, then without letting the apprentice know, he inched his paw forward and stood with his weight on the end of the apprentices tail. If there's nerve damage, he won't notice. If he feels it, it's probably just a flesh wound or small break.
GorsePaw was hesitant to answer, not really sure what her answer was going to be. As ShineFang was walking over she finally mewed "It was really painful when I trapped it and pulled it out then as I was walking over here, my tail went a bit tingly and now it's kind of numb. Maybe from the shock, maybe something worse?" She felt a little pain, more like a little sort of tickle, on her tail. She looked around wondering if it was brushing the walls of the den or something but when she turned her head she saw ShineFang putting his paws on the end. She was suddenly reminded of how ugly it looked with a pink, furless and slightly crooked tip and blood seeping out of a wound. Gorsepaw looked the medicine cat in the eyes. "Honestly, it doesn't hurt that much right now. Well, I can't feel anything anyway. A little...soft....tickle...but nothing painful." As the medicine cat didn't reply, the brown tabby got a little anxious.
Old December 30th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw stared wide-eyed at Daydream who furiously stood before her. She did not know how to process their reaction or how to react to their reaction. She was frozen in shock, in fear, in guilt, in grief and so much more. The jumble of emotions were displayed brightly in her eyes which were lined with unshed tears. Juniperpaw stumbled backwards slightly at Daydream's fury, looking briefly to Shinefang when he asked the question she was dreading to hear. With a hesitant glance at Daydream, the medicine cat apprentice shakily answered, ``Geckoleaf went missing during the Gathering, when the Dusk Syndicate attacked. I- I haven't seen her since before the attack.``

She was reminded of the negativity between both her and Geckoleaf before her mentor's disappearance. Juniperpaw had been truly convinced Geckoleaf was disappointed in her, that she didn't exactly approve of or like her, and now she'd never be reassured that that was not the case. She could only hope that maybe Daydream didn't look at Juniperpaw now in the way she'd thought Geckoleaf had looked at her. Were they still friends and sibling-figures? What about Shinefang and Nightpaw - were they were still friends with her? Juniperpaw avoided looking at the older tomcat and the ShadowClan apprentice, anxious she'd find disappointment in their gazes. ``I'm sorry,`` she croaked while staring directly at the ground before her, muscles tense with unease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
again.
they felt the same emptiness that they had felt when they found out cricketpaw was dead. geckoleaf had pulled them through, though. she had saved their life, both physically and emotionally. she had been a mother figure to them, the closest thing to a mother figure daydream had ever gotten a chance with. they felt their world crumble around them as they closed their eyes, claws digging into the ground. they shook slightly as nightpaw pressed into them. suddenly, they felt so much pain, yet it wasnt their wounds that had caused it.

silent tears fell down their face. daydream had never cried infront of anyone before. not even geckoleaf. not even nightpaw. they wanted to press back against her, to cry against her shoulder, but they found themselves staying put. after a few moments, they opened their eyes finally, gaze settling on juniperpaw. they didnt know what to think about her anymore. why wouldnt she have told them? why wouldnt have she ran to shadowclan right after the battle and told them then? instead of finding out by daydream basically forcing it out of her. they padded forward, pushing past both juniperpaw and shinefang.

"Nightpaw, gather the rest of the herbs and meet me at the border. track my scent like i showed you," they used, voice struggling not to crack,"Im done here."
Shinefang watching in silence as the Shadowclan medicine cat left. He knew there was nothing he could say. He'd shared tongues with grief enough times to know that there was nothing he could say to ease the pain they were feeling. No words would replace the warmth a loved one left behind. It was best to let them get used to the new weight of loss on their shoulders in whatever way they needed. Juniperpaw looked stricken. Guilt and fear were plain on her face, and he knew she'd be feeling the loss of her mentor. Not only that but the poor apprentice had no one to teach her in her clan now. She could go to Daydream, he had no doubt they'd forgive the younger cat once the pain settled in. But in Juniperpaw's own clan, she was on her own.

"Daydream wait!" Nightpaw cried out, padding forward to follow her friend. Shinefang put out a paw and block her path.

"Let them go," he said quietly. "They need a moment, and they gave you a job to do."

Nightpaw looked up at the older tom with disbelief, her gaze darting frantically between his gnarled face, too calm and collected for her to stand for long, and Daydream, getting farther and farther away. She turned to Juniperpaw at last with green eyes full of desperation, begging the young shecat to say or do something that would make this ok.

Old December 30th, 2017, 11:23 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@king kaleb! [in case you wanna see the aftermath]
@Charmer

Juniperpaw watched Daydream go with a fallen expression on her face, silently cursing herself for her never-ending streak of mistakes. She was thinking about everything that's happened in the last few moons when she was brought back to reality by Nightpaw who started after Daydream but was stopped by Shinefang. Juniperpaw looked from Shinefang to Nightpaw, and couldn't bear the look that was pained on the warrior apprentice's face. Though she felt the urge to crumple to the ground and wail for everything that's happened, she instead approached Nightpaw with a soft smile. ``It's okay, Nightpaw,`` Juniperpaw reassured in what she hoped was a comforting tone, ``Daydream just needs time to think. Now, let's gather those herbs. I'll help you carry them back to ShadowClan, if you'd like.``

As she brushed past Nightpaw, touching her tail-tip to the ShadowClan cat's shoulder, Juniperpaw avoided the gazes of the remaining cats in the den. She feared that if she looked at them, they'd be able to see her hurt or maybe she'd be able to see their disappointment. Clearing her throat and blinking away threatening tears, Juniperpaw called over her shoulder to Shinefang as she began to paw the herbs into a neater pile, ``Will you be alright here without me, Shinefang?`` The old medicine cat had just lost a patient, after all, and Juniperpaw could definitely relate to the pain that came with it. She wasn't sure if she should leave the older tom with his thoughts.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 30th, 2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old December 31st, 2017, 09:08 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
GorsePaw was hesitant to answer, not really sure what her answer was going to be. As ShineFang was walking over she finally mewed "It was really painful when I trapped it and pulled it out then as I was walking over here, my tail went a bit tingly and now it's kind of numb. Maybe from the shock, maybe something worse?" She felt a little pain, more like a little sort of tickle, on her tail. She looked around wondering if it was brushing the walls of the den or something but when she turned her head she saw ShineFang putting his paws on the end. She was suddenly reminded of how ugly it looked with a pink, furless and slightly crooked tip and blood seeping out of a wound. Gorsepaw looked the medicine cat in the eyes. "Honestly, it doesn't hurt that much right now. Well, I can't feel anything anyway. A little...soft....tickle...but nothing painful." As the medicine cat didn't reply, the brown tabby got a little anxious.
Shinefang cocked his head at the apprentices reply, not wanting to share his concerns with Gorsepaw just yet. It could be nerve damage, but perhaps the swelling was just cutting off the nerves. It was possible it would get better on its own. It was also possible that it would get a lot worse, and If so, he'd know by morning without a doubt. He moved his paw off the apprentices tail. "Tell you what, how about I apply these herbs to your wound and you stay in the medicine den over night so that I can keep an eye on it?" the medicine cat asked, taking a mouthful of the herb mixture to chew as he did so. He'd know if the tail was dead by tonight. There would be a few signs. For one, the numbness would get worse, not better, and the tail would start to show signs of lack of blood flow. If that was the case. He'd have no choice but to take off the tail. It would be a matter of saving the younger cat's life at that point.

Old January 1st, 2018, 04:06 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Shinefang cocked his head at the apprentices reply, not wanting to share his concerns with Gorsepaw just yet. It could be nerve damage, but perhaps the swelling was just cutting off the nerves. It was possible it would get better on its own. It was also possible that it would get a lot worse, and If so, he'd know by morning without a doubt. He moved his paw off the apprentices tail. "Tell you what, how about I apply these herbs to your wound and you stay in the medicine den over night so that I can keep an eye on it?" the medicine cat asked, taking a mouthful of the herb mixture to chew as he did so. He'd know if the tail was dead by tonight. There would be a few signs. For one, the numbness would get worse, not better, and the tail would start to show signs of lack of blood flow. If that was the case. He'd have no choice but to take off the tail. It would be a matter of saving the younger cat's life at that point.
"Okay" Gorsepaw sighed, disappointed that Shinefang wasn't giving her answers. She assumed it was either bad or he really wasn't sure. The tabby perked up a bit as the medicine cat mentioned staying in the den overnight. This will be so exciting! Ha! The stories I can tell Ponderosapaw an Cranberrypaw when I get out!

It was getting dark and Gorsepaw as getting sleepy. She decided not to tell Shinefang that she was going to try and sleep because he'd probably snap at her for pointing at the obvious. The brown tabby curled up in the nest, getting as comfortable as she could with an injured tail. She closed her yellow-green eyes and pictured how ridiculous she must've looked with her tail sticking up in the air awkwardly, unmoving and rigid like a stick. The bleeding had stopped now but her tail didn't feel any better.
Old January 1st, 2018, 02:49 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
"Okay" Gorsepaw sighed, disappointed that Shinefang wasn't giving her answers. She assumed it was either bad or he really wasn't sure. The tabby perked up a bit as the medicine cat mentioned staying in the den overnight. This will be so exciting! Ha! The stories I can tell Ponderosapaw an Cranberrypaw when I get out!

It was getting dark and Gorsepaw as getting sleepy. She decided not to tell Shinefang that she was going to try and sleep because he'd probably snap at her for pointing at the obvious. The brown tabby curled up in the nest, getting as comfortable as she could with an injured tail. She closed her yellow-green eyes and pictured how ridiculous she must've looked with her tail sticking up in the air awkwardly, unmoving and rigid like a stick. The bleeding had stopped now but her tail didn't feel any better.
Hour passed and Shinefang, having attended to his daily duties while Gorsepaw rest, had curled up in his own nest to rest. It was a chilly night, and as he opened his bleary eyes, he saw his breath form a cloud around his muzzle. His joints were bothering his again. With a grunt of discomfort , he hauled himself to his feet and shuffled to his wall with his herb stores. He reached for a large piece of willow bark and bit off a chunk, his features curling in disgust as he chewed the bitter bark. He swallowed, and felt the gritty pieces clinging to his tongue and he had to fight the urge to cough. He didn't want to disturb Gorsepaw. He sat there for a moment, waiting for the willow bark to kick in, and at last the pain dulled to a manageable amount. He started to head back toward his nest but decided to quickly check on the she cat while he was up. As he got closer, he froze as the faintest scent of something chilling and familiar. He'd smelled it when Acornpaw had gone to Starclan as he slept in this very den. It was the scent of something dead. "Gorsepaw!" the old tom exclaimed, rushing to her side. But he saw, with confusion, that she was still breathing. She wasn't dead.

Old January 2nd, 2018, 03:12 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Hour passed and Shinefang, having attended to his daily duties while Gorsepaw rest, had curled up in his own nest to rest. It was a chilly night, and as he opened his bleary eyes, he saw his breath form a cloud around his muzzle. His joints were bothering his again. With a grunt of discomfort , he hauled himself to his feet and shuffled to his wall with his herb stores. He reached for a large piece of willow bark and bit off a chunk, his features curling in disgust as he chewed the bitter bark. He swallowed, and felt the gritty pieces clinging to his tongue and he had to fight the urge to cough. He didn't want to disturb Gorsepaw. He sat there for a moment, waiting for the willow bark to kick in, and at last the pain dulled to a manageable amount. He started to head back toward his nest but decided to quickly check on the she cat while he was up. As he got closer, he froze as the faintest scent of something chilling and familiar. He'd smelled it when Acornpaw had gone to Starclan as he slept in this very den. It was the scent of something dead. "Gorsepaw!" the old tom exclaimed, rushing to her side. But he saw, with confusion, that she was still breathing. She wasn't dead.
Gorsepaw was padding through the SkyClan territory. Looking around, she saw DouglasPaw walking next to her. The scent of the Syndicate filled her nostrils as they approached the border. Gorsepaw anxiously waved her tail, not even realising that there was nothing wrong with it. This must be a dream. she thought. It's just like that time when DouglasPaw and I went to the border and saw- Her thoughts were interrupted as a shriek echoed around them. Two Syndicate cats appeared in front of the SkyClan apprentices. They were fighting. The Tom had hurt the she-cat first and that caused her to retaliate. That's not quite what happened...they were arguing because the her friend scratched her across the face! I suppose as you get older, your memories get a little blurred...GorsePaw! The apprentice heard someone saying her name. She looked around wildly, DouglasPaw staring at her, slightly afraid and confused. Gorsepaw! It sounded like a Tom's voice. Then she realise that it was all in her head. Great StarClan, ShineFang! Wake up! Wake up!

"GorsePaw!"
The apprentice opened her eyes and stood up instantly. "Sh-ShineFang? What's the matter?" The worried Molly mewed.
Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:54 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Shinefang had been a warrior first. He knew when another cat had their claws out. His eye darted down to see the black-furred shecat, claws digging into the earth of his den, then looked up at he and met her eyes with his one. A deputy clawing up an elderly medicine cat in his own den because he was rude to you? I'm sure that will go over great for you, he said on the inside as he stared her down. When she sheathed his claws, he hummed in agreement. It could have easily been his seconding her affirmation of Skyclan's greatness, but really it was his way of saying, 'that's what I thought. He was unsure why she was sticking around at this point. It was obvious this conversation had become a lot less friendly in the last few moments and normally that was enough to drive another cat off, but if she wanted to keep talking, he'd keep talking. "Enough about me and my budding mossball prowess, though. What's going on with Auroraflame? I'd like to hear a little more about you?" said the old tom, gently pushing the rest of the rabbit to the side and folding one forepaw over the other like a kit waiting to hear a nursery tail.
The deputy’s gaze never left the gaze of the tom’s. Her icy eyes were cold and bold. For an old cat, he had quite the attitude and she wasn’t used to it. Most old cats that she came across were friendly and ready to share stories. Some were a little snappy, but they were generally nice. Auroraflame couldn’t see much kindness in this cat. At least not with the conversation that they had just had. The Bombay wanted to sigh. If they were going to have to work alongside each other, they had to at least be okay with the other cat. But Auroraflame was not okay with Shinefang. No matter how hard she might try, she just couldn’t find herself liking the medicine cat. She’d be lying to herself if she said that she did.
What is it that you want to know? She thought, raising an eyebrow. His question was vague. She needed him to be specific if he wanted answers from her. Let’s just improvise and assume then, she thought. She was used to improvising. It was one of the perks of being deputy. She just had to roll with it and something turned out a different way then she had to deal with that and move on. She’d had her moments where improvising had just embarrassed her, but it was a mistake. As long as no one teased her about it, she didn’t mind the memories of her mistakes and embarrassing moments. “Oh? Well my name is Auroraflame. I’m the deputy of SkyClan. I have a great family, a dead sister and a good life,” she replied. Her response was blunt. She wasn’t sure of what else she could say. If he wanted a specific answer, he would have to ask and she would hopefully be able give him the answer he wanted. “You might have to elaborate on that question,” she advised. Her voice was neither scorning nor enthusiastic, though some cats might take it that way. It was impassive rather. I might as just leave now. I can’t have a proper conversation with him is he’s going to be so vague, she thought sourly. Despise her deadpan, she was feeling pretty annoyed with the tom. Although she couldn’t help it if he wasn’t as specific with his questions as she was. They were two different cats and she just had to accept that and do things herself.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old January 2nd, 2018, 07:33 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Gorsepaw was padding through the SkyClan territory. Looking around, she saw DouglasPaw walking next to her. The scent of the Syndicate filled her nostrils as they approached the border. Gorsepaw anxiously waved her tail, not even realising that there was nothing wrong with it. This must be a dream. she thought. It's just like that time when DouglasPaw and I went to the border and saw- Her thoughts were interrupted as a shriek echoed around them. Two Syndicate cats appeared in front of the SkyClan apprentices. They were fighting. The Tom had hurt the she-cat first and that caused her to retaliate. That's not quite what happened...they were arguing because the her friend scratched her across the face! I suppose as you get older, your memories get a little blurred...GorsePaw! The apprentice heard someone saying her name. She looked around wildly, DouglasPaw staring at her, slightly afraid and confused. Gorsepaw! It sounded like a Tom's voice. Then she realise that it was all in her head. Great StarClan, ShineFang! Wake up! Wake up!

"GorsePaw!"
The apprentice opened her eyes and stood up instantly. "Sh-ShineFang? What's the matter?" The worried Molly mewed.
The apprentice woke up, much to Shinefang's relief. But there was no mistaking it, the scent of death was there.
The old tom brought his scared muzzle closer and sniffed the top of her head, and moved down along her back. As he neared her tail, the scent grew stronger. Without another moment's hesitation, the medicine cat unsheathed his claws. "Look straight ahead and tell me when you feel something." Shinefand placed his paw south of the injury on Gorsepaw's tail and pricked it with the tips of his claws, seeing if the shecat could feel anything at all in her tail.

Old January 2nd, 2018, 07:52 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The deputy’s gaze never left the gaze of the tom’s. Her icy eyes were cold and bold. For an old cat, he had quite the attitude and she wasn’t used to it. Most old cats that she came across were friendly and ready to share stories. Some were a little snappy, but they were generally nice. Auroraflame couldn’t see much kindness in this cat. At least not with the conversation that they had just had. The Bombay wanted to sigh. If they were going to have to work alongside each other, they had to at least be okay with the other cat. But Auroraflame was not okay with Shinefang. No matter how hard she might try, she just couldn’t find herself liking the medicine cat. She’d be lying to herself if she said that she did.
What is it that you want to know? She thought, raising an eyebrow. His question was vague. She needed him to be specific if he wanted answers from her. Let’s just improvise and assume then, she thought. She was used to improvising. It was one of the perks of being deputy. She just had to roll with it and something turned out a different way then she had to deal with that and move on. She’d had her moments where improvising had just embarrassed her, but it was a mistake. As long as no one teased her about it, she didn’t mind the memories of her mistakes and embarrassing moments. “Oh? Well my name is Auroraflame. I’m the deputy of SkyClan. I have a great family, a dead sister and a good life,” she replied. Her response was blunt. She wasn’t sure of what else she could say. If he wanted a specific answer, he would have to ask and she would hopefully be able give him the answer he wanted. “You might have to elaborate on that question,” she advised. Her voice was neither scorning nor enthusiastic, though some cats might take it that way. It was impassive rather. I might as just leave now. I can’t have a proper conversation with him is he’s going to be so vague, she thought sourly. Despise her deadpan, she was feeling pretty annoyed with the tom. Although she couldn’t help it if he wasn’t as specific with his questions as she was. They were two different cats and she just had to accept that and do things herself.
Once when Shinefang had been an apprentice, he had groomed himself a little too vigorously to impress his fellow apprentices. The shecat's in particular. The result was a hairball the size of a mouse. Not only that, but earlier that same day, he'd eaten a raven and swallowed a bone whole by mistake. The result was a very painful hairball that brought a bone all the way back up his throat for company. That experience had been more pleasant than this conversation. He wanted to groan out loud in frustration. Elaborate? Didn't this shecat know how to have a conversation? Obviously he knew she was the deputy and what her name was. The sister he hadn't known about at least. He could go from there. "I have a dead sister too. And two dead brothers. And two dead parents. And a dead mentor. Dead mate. It happens a lot at my age," he said with a nonchalant shrug. Shinefang didn't mention his kits. He doubted she wanted to know anyway and he didn't feel like sharing such a hard loss with a cat that he disliked more and more the longer he spent with her. Frankly, now that he'd said it, he was angry at himself for mentioning his mate, Slatepelt. He never talked about her. He didn't want to think about her anymore than he already had. It was easier said than done now that visits to Starclan were becoming a regular part of his nights. Clearing his throat to hide his discomfort swept his tail along the ground. "We'll it's been nice and all, Auroraflame, but these herbs aren't going to count themsleves and I should really see what Ebonyfrost left for me to work with," he said, turning away from her to suddenly become very busy with the herb stores, signalling with the only shred of politeness he could muster that it was time for their conversation to end.