Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:05 AM
Secrets of Past Generations
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:44 AM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 01:31 AM
Converting your YouTube...
by nyx
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:12 AM
Cutest Warrior Name?
by blxze.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 01:03 AM

Old June 2nd, 2023, 02:23 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post

This time she had to attack him? The young molly swallowed a lump in her throat, then "I've never attacked someone before." She murmured, throwing that useless tidbit of information, even if was just for context. Reaching out with a sheathed paw, she tried to swiftly (but gently) swipe at his shoulder, aiming it downwards a little more so that if he tried to duck and roll like they'd practiced, she'd still at least nick him.

"That's okay."
Gingerfrost mews in reply to her slight concern, nodding for the apprentice to go ahead. Only moments after did she, a bit slowly, aim an attack at the tabby which he easily avoided by stepping back -- though, he did note the lower inclination to catch a cuff should he have rolled away, which wasn't bad. He gave a steady nod. He could see her hesitance, though they'd have to work on getting that away. It was a start, at least.
"Again. Faster."
He told Birdpaw, staying steady in his crouch. Perhaps's he'd only finish this lesson once she got a hit on him... That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old June 3rd, 2023, 10:00 AM
Still staring nervously

Gingerfrost was patrolling thr training island as he should be. Or at least, he was. While patrolling he came to the realisation that two specific apprentices were pretty... Well, let's just say they've been apprentices for quite some time, and Gingerfrost was starting to think something was up with their training (well, obviously, their mentor is missing). As such, he decided to seek these two out and take them to the training island with him.

So here he was, with Peachpaw and Cinderpaw, eyeing the two older apprentices before speaking up.
"How long has it been since you two last received battle training?"
Nevermind that, how long had it been since they received any training? Gingerfrost sigh, flicking his tail.
"Show me what you can do, we'll proceed from there."
Taking a few steps back, Gingerfrost crouched so they had to option of either attacking each other, or him. Just to see where they were at in their training. With a nod, he alerted them to begin.
"No claws. Begin."

[ @Queen_Coral ]

Old June 3rd, 2023, 10:12 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Gingerfrost was patrolling thr training island as he should be. Or at least, he was. While patrolling he came to the realisation that two specific apprentices were pretty... Well, let's just say they've been apprentices for quite some time, and Gingerfrost was starting to think something was up with their training (well, obviously, their mentor is missing). As such, he decided to seek these two out and take them to the training island with him.

So here he was, with Peachpaw and Cinderpaw, eyeing the two older apprentices before speaking up.
"How long has it been since you two last received battle training?"
Nevermind that, how long had it been since they received any training? Gingerfrost sigh, flicking his tail.
"Show me what you can do, we'll proceed from there."
Taking a few steps back, Gingerfrost crouched so they had to option of either attacking each other, or him. Just to see where they were at in their training. With a nod, he alerted them to begin.
"No claws. Begin."

[ @Queen_Coral ]

peachpaw and cinderpaw knew they hadn't train, and of course it's someone that has to be helping them. Reaching the training island they looked at gingerfrost, the first question was about battle training. " Been a long time" the older apprentice replied then turning to the little bit younger apprentice" awhile since I trained" peachpaw replied. Then turning to gingerfrosts words, they nodded. The 2 looked at each-other, Peachpaw did the first attack on cinderpaw but failed to hit her friend. Cinderpaw moved from peachoaws attack and quickly moved her paw towards peachpaw, making the first hit of the spar.

@Estelle

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old June 4th, 2023, 04:37 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Coral View Post

peachpaw and cinderpaw knew they hadn't train, and of course it's someone that has to be helping them. Reaching the training island they looked at gingerfrost, the first question was about battle training. " Been a long time" the older apprentice replied then turning to the little bit younger apprentice" awhile since I trained" peachpaw replied. Then turning to gingerfrosts words, they nodded. The 2 looked at each-other, Peachpaw did the first attack on cinderpaw but failed to hit her friend. Cinderpaw moved from peachoaws attack and quickly moved her paw towards peachpaw, making the first hit of the spar.

@Estelle

Okay, they weren't starting from nothing. Good. When Gingerfrost noted the apprentices would attack each other, Gingerfrost took a step back and sat down, inspecting their movement. Where Peachpaw failed to land a hit, Cinderpaw succeeded; it wasn't too surprising, one was a little older than the other and was likely to have more training. You could see the lack of practice in recent moons, but it wasn't all bad. They had good basics, so this lesson would be likely smooth. Getting up as the two finished, he gave a nod to both of them.
"Your crouches are good. But when you attack, reach your paw out further-"
He looked to Peachpaw, demonstrating what he meant by reaching out his paw with a swift movement, slapping it down to the ground.
"-And when you attack from the front, be ready to retreat. Your opponent can reach your eyes as easily as you can reach theirs."
He looked to Cinderpaw this time, briefly gesturing their eyes.
"A good retreat is to drop and roll; it's swift and creates distance."
With that, he dropped to the ground and rolled away much like a log would, creating some distance between himself and the pair of apprentices. Then he got up, looking at the both of them.
"You try."

Old June 5th, 2023, 10:32 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Okay, they weren't starting from nothing. Good. When Gingerfrost noted the apprentices would attack each other, Gingerfrost took a step back and sat down, inspecting their movement. Where Peachpaw failed to land a hit, Cinderpaw succeeded; it wasn't too surprising, one was a little older than the other and was likely to have more training. You could see the lack of practice in recent moons, but it wasn't all bad. They had good basics, so this lesson would be likely smooth. Getting up as the two finished, he gave a nod to both of them.
"Your crouches are good. But when you attack, reach your paw out further-"
He looked to Peachpaw, demonstrating what he meant by reaching out his paw with a swift movement, slapping it down to the ground.
"-And when you attack from the front, be ready to retreat. Your opponent can reach your eyes as easily as you can reach theirs."
He looked to Cinderpaw this time, briefly gesturing their eyes.
"A good retreat is to drop and roll; it's swift and creates distance."
With that, he dropped to the ground and rolled away much like a log would, creating some distance between himself and the pair of apprentices. Then he got up, looking at the both of them.
"You try."

Peachpaw and Cinderpaw listened to Gingerfrost. The 2 nodded when asked to try after the explaining. Peachpaw faced Cinderpaw, her paw reaching out to hit Cinderpaw. A successful hit occurred then the molly retreated a little from Cinderpaw. then Cinderpaw began her move, reaching out again she hit peachpaw easily, She quickly dropped and rolled making a good distance from Peachpaw. The 2 looked at Gingerfrost as they wondered if they did it right,"did we do it right?" Peachpaw asked ith curiousity

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old June 5th, 2023, 02:01 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Coral View Post

Peachpaw and Cinderpaw listened to Gingerfrost. The 2 nodded when asked to try after the explaining. Peachpaw faced Cinderpaw, her paw reaching out to hit Cinderpaw. A successful hit occurred then the molly retreated a little from Cinderpaw. then Cinderpaw began her move, reaching out again she hit peachpaw easily, She quickly dropped and rolled making a good distance from Peachpaw. The 2 looked at Gingerfrost as they wondered if they did it right,"did we do it right?" Peachpaw asked ith curiousity

After his demonstrations, Gingerfrost stepped back and sat down, leaving the space to Cinderpaw and Peachpaw to practice once more. It seemed the two apprentices had listened to his advice, as Peachpaw landed her first hit and Cinderpaw was quick to evade a second hit after giving an attack of her own. It was good; you could see the moons of training in their movement, that they'd practiced before. It was good to see that had not gone to waste. Getting up , Gingerfrost nodded at the two of them.
"Again. But this time don't stop after the first hit: fight. No claws. I'll give a sign when you're to stop."

Old June 11th, 2023, 12:04 AM
Still staring nervously

Patrolling, patrolling, patrolling... It's such a mind-numbing job when nothing happens while patrolling. Obviously, it's for the better - both the nothing happening and patrolling part. It was just that Gingerfrost is beginning to see this training island an awful lot lately. He doesn't like change that much, but a changing scenery is rarely a bother when out for a walk. Here, it's only sand and water, though. But it is so, and the tabby won't let himself be bothered by it. If anything, it is good to know this part of the territory is safe at least, for he hasn't found anything here yet. It brought him to think about his next training session with his apprentice, too, how he should go about it and what to do exactly.

Old June 17th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Still staring nervously

Gingerfrost went ahead and patrolled the training island like he was supposed to. Strangely, he's starting to feel like he's been here an awful lot lately. The little island was growing to be more and more familiar.

Old June 24th, 2023, 05:44 PM
Still staring nervously

Gingerfrost patrolled the training island as he should be doing, though had anyone even been here since his last round? He practically knew this place like the eback of his law now.

Old July 1st, 2023, 08:08 PM
Still staring nervously

Gingerfrost patrolled the training island like he was tasked to do.