Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Aquaria
Today 06:07 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Moonraven
Today 05:58 PM
Sparrowsong finder
by Maybi
Last post by Maybi
Today 05:40 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 05:38 PM
cinder and stick poking...
Last post by stag
Today 05:28 PM

Old June 23rd, 2018, 12:41 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
"Juniper berries is one," she said. I could tell that blindfolded. I smell A lot of chervil. some other herbs i recognize but don't know the name of."
The old tom stared at the younger cat, surprised. With a single paw he nudged a couple of berries on the floor. They rolled toward the younger cat lazily. “Know what they’re for?” He asked, curious what else she knew.

Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:04 PM
I'm a group of stars

My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
The old tom stared at the younger cat, surprised. With a single paw he nudged a couple of berries on the floor. They rolled toward the younger cat lazily. “Know what they’re for?” He asked, curious what else she knew.
"Well, no." She smiled and wobbled a little from her padless paw. She sniffed, picking out some smells from others.

(she has a refined sense of smell.)
Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:29 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
"Well, no." She smiled and wobbled a little from her padless paw. She sniffed, picking out some smells from others.

(she has a refined sense of smell.)
The old tom placed a paw over one of the bright blue berries and carelessly rolled it beneath his pad. "It's good for bellyache. It'll also help a cat who is having trouble breathing properly. In a pinch, it can even be used to help keep an exhausted cat on his feet." Shinefang rolled the berry toward the younger cat. It slowed and came to rest in front of her paw. "This one on the other paw," he continued gruffly as he carefully picked up a berry between his toes and did the same with it. It wobbled unevenly as it rolled, more of an oval shape than the juniper berry and with a hole in the top that revealed a black pit in the center. "That one will knock a healthy cat off his feet. And he won't get up again. Deathberries are what they're called," he finished, his expression dark. The medicine cat swept his paw through the air in front of him as he continued. "Both berries: one with the power to heal and one with the power to kill. What do you think of that?" he asked.

Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:45 PM
I'm a group of stars

My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
The old tom placed a paw over one of the bright blue berries and carelessly rolled it beneath his pad. "It's good for bellyache. It'll also help a cat who is having trouble breathing properly. In a pinch, it can even be used to help keep an exhausted cat on his feet." Shinefang rolled the berry toward the younger cat. It slowed and came to rest in front of her paw. "This one on the other paw," he continued gruffly as he carefully picked up a berry between his toes and did the same with it. It wobbled unevenly as it rolled, more of an oval shape than the juniper berry and with a hole in the top that revealed a black pit in the center. "That one will knock a healthy cat off his feet. And he won't get up again. Deathberries are what they're called," he finished, his expression dark. The medicine cat swept his paw through the air in front of him as he continued. "Both berries: one with the power to heal and one with the power to kill. What do you think of that?" he asked.
"I can tell them apart, but, why keep the death berries on hand? if they can kill a cat?" she was confused, if deathberries could kill why keep them in the medicine cat den?
Old June 24th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Sigh...

@Panda

Sunhigh was just beginning and Skyclan camp was warm, if a little muggy. It had been perfect weather for Shinefang to get some chores done that he had been neglecting. He shuffled back into the medicine den with jaws filled with a fresh ball of moss. The old tom had been meaning to change out the prickly, dry stuff that made up his patient nests for a while now, but going too far from camp with the weather being so temperamental and damp had been a tall order. Even now, in spite of the warmth his joints were protesting. He set the ball of moss down and moved to his herb stores. He took a strip of willow bark and put it in his mouth, working the tough, grainy herb with his jaws until he could swallow. Once the soreness began to ease, he began to change out the moss, muttering to himself as he did so. "Been a warrior for seasons and here I am doing apprentice work," he griped under his breath. It seemed like there were never apprentices around for him to barrow and help with some of the more laborious work, and at the end of the day it needed to get done and he was the only one to do it. Sighing, he swept the old moss into a corner of the den to deal with later and looked at his completed nest, nodding with satisfaction. For there was more to do. "Oh Starclan," he sighed again. He'd been so focused on just making sure he had enough fresh herbs that He was behind in removing an herbs from his stores that were too old or damaged to be of use. In the crevice where he kept his tansy alone bright yellow flowers were spilling out, crammed into a space too small all he'd gathered and what was already there. Lazily, he hooked the bundle with a claw and pulled it down and reaching in farther, pulled out a second, older one. Some of the yellow flowers had dried and turned to a dingy brown, but a few still maintained enough yellow to be usable. He just had to start sorting.

Old June 24th, 2018, 11:00 AM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
@Panda

Sunhigh was just beginning and Skyclan camp was warm, if a little muggy. It had been perfect weather for Shinefang to get some chores done that he had been neglecting. He shuffled back into the medicine den with jaws filled with a fresh ball of moss. The old tom had been meaning to change out the prickly, dry stuff that made up his patient nests for a while now, but going too far from camp with the weather being so temperamental and damp had been a tall order. Even now, in spite of the warmth his joints were protesting. He set the ball of moss down and moved to his herb stores. He took a strip of willow bark and put it in his mouth, working the tough, grainy herb with his jaws until he could swallow. Once the soreness began to ease, he began to change out the moss, muttering to himself as he did so. "Been a warrior for seasons and here I am doing apprentice work," he griped under his breath. It seemed like there were never apprentices around for him to barrow and help with some of the more laborious work, and at the end of the day it needed to get done and he was the only one to do it. Sighing, he swept the old moss into a corner of the den to deal with later and looked at his completed nest, nodding with satisfaction. For there was more to do. "Oh Starclan," he sighed again. He'd been so focused on just making sure he had enough fresh herbs that He was behind in removing an herbs from his stores that were too old or damaged to be of use. In the crevice where he kept his tansy alone bright yellow flowers were spilling out, crammed into a space too small all he'd gathered and what was already there. Lazily, he hooked the bundle with a claw and pulled it down and reaching in farther, pulled out a second, older one. Some of the yellow flowers had dried and turned to a dingy brown, but a few still maintained enough yellow to be usable. He just had to start sorting.

The night before hadn't been very great for Morningdust. It had started out fine. He had a nice plump squirrel, plenty of time to groom himself, and his bedding was fresh, but when it came to time for him to actually sleep, he couldn't manage to get a wink of it. About halfway through the night, he had given up trying, and decided that going out to catch some prey would be much more productive than laying in his nest staring at the ground in front of him. Overall, the excursion had proved to be more trouble than it was worth. The majority of the prey was asleep, and once he did manage to find a single squirrel still scurrying about in the trees, he accidentally slipped on a wet branch while clawing up the tree. This fall not only caused the squirrel to notice him, but he also managed to hurt his paw. Even when he tried to continue hunting, his paw bothered him so bad he couldn't focus on anything else. His stubborn spirit pushed him to continue until he had caught at least one thing before he would allow himself to return to camp. It took until the sun had already climbed towards the center of the sky, but he did manage to catch a single, scrawny mouse.
Feeling somewhat triumphant, he limped back to camp and deposited his prey into the fresh kill pile. His plan was originally to take a nap once he returned to camp, but on his way to the warrior den, he noticed his paw felt swollen and stiff with the mugginess surrounding the camp only making it worse. Common sense told him visiting the medicine cat was probably the best idea, no matter how much he disliked the feeling of other cats trying to care for him like he was a kit, and begrudgingly pushed himself to head towards their den. His paws stalled outside the den entrance as he tried to think some way to avoid seeking help, but eventually, the combination of the hot sun and his aching paw pushed him into the shade of the den. Upon entering, his dull green orbs wandered to the corner of the den where Shinefang sat looking through yellow herbs. He by no means wanted to interrupt the work of the medicine cat, so he simply sat down at the entrance and waited until Shinefang noticed him.

Last edited by Panda; June 24th, 2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old June 24th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
The night before hadn't been very great for Morningdust. It had started out fine. He had a nice plump squirrel, plenty of time to groom himself, and his bedding was fresh, but when it came to time for him to actually sleep, he couldn't manage to get a wink of it. About halfway through the night, he had given up trying, and decided that going out to catch some prey would be much more productive than laying in his nest staring at the ground in front of him. Overall, the excursion had proved to be more trouble than it was worth. The majority of the prey was asleep, and once he did manage to find a single squirrel still scurrying about in the trees, he accidentally slipped on a wet branch while clawing up the tree. This fall not only caused the squirrel to notice him, but he also managed to hurt his paw. Even when he tried to continue hunting, his paw bothered him so bad he couldn't focus on anything else. His stubborn spirit pushed him to continue until he had caught at least one thing before he would allow himself to return to camp. It took until the sun had already climbed towards the center of the sky, but he did manage to catch a single, scrawny mouse.
Feeling somewhat triumphant, he limped back to camp and deposited his prey into the fresh kill pile. His plan was originally to take a nap once he returned to camp, but on his way to the warrior den, he noticed his paw felt swollen and stiff with the mugginess surrounding the camp only making it worse. Common sense told him visiting the medicine cat was probably the best idea, no matter how much he disliked the feeling of other cats trying to care for him like he was a kit, and begrudgingly pushed himself to head towards their den. His paws stalled outside the den entrance as he tried to think some way to avoid seeking help, but eventually, the combination of the hot sun and his aching paw pushed him into the shade of the den. Upon entering, his dull green orbs wandered to the corner of the den where Shinefang sat looking through yellow herbs. He by no means wanted to interrupt the work of the medicine cat, so he simply sat down at the entrance and waited until Shinefang noticed him.
Using a claw, Shinefang teased apart two older tansy plants stuck together from sitting too long on the back of the stone shelf where he kept them, one looked salvageable, but as he pulled it free the dark gold petals on both began to flake off. Both were useless, grumbling wordlessly under his breath he suddenly felt the air in the den shift almost imperceptibly and had the eerie feeling he was being watched. He spotted a furry shape out of the corner of his peripheral vision and turned to fix his only orange eye on it. It was Morningdust, one of the warriors. Shinefang couldn't remember a time when the tom had come to the medicine den before. He seemed to be in good health generally speaking. Then the old tom's gaze drifted to one of the warrior's forelegs. The area just above his paw looked swollen compared to the other. Quite swollen actually. The tansy would have to wait. "Just lie down in one of the patient nest," Shinefang said bluntly. "I'll be with you in a moment." He began to nudge the piles of tansy he'd been sorting against the wall so that they wouldn't be in his way while he worked. Once he had a fairly clear area he shuffled over the the younger cat and stared down at the paw, holding out his own to invite Morning dust to let him have a better look.

Old June 24th, 2018, 01:12 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

Quote:
Using a claw, Shinefang teased apart two older tansy plants stuck together from sitting too long on the back of the stone shelf where he kept them, one looked salvageable, but as he pulled it free the dark gold petals on both began to flake off. Both were useless, grumbling wordlessly under his breath he suddenly felt the air in the den shift almost imperceptibly and had the eerie feeling he was being watched. He spotted a furry shape out of the corner of his peripheral vision and turned to fix his only orange eye on it. It was Morningdust, one of the warriors. Shinefang couldn't remember a time when the tom had come to the medicine den before. He seemed to be in good health generally speaking. Then the old tom's gaze drifted to one of the warrior's forelegs. The area just above his paw looked swollen compared to the other. Quite swollen actually. The tansy would have to wait. "Just lie down in one of the patient nest," Shinefang said bluntly. "I'll be with you in a moment." He began to nudge the piles of tansy he'd been sorting against the wall so that they wouldn't be in his way while he worked. Once he had a fairly clear area he shuffled over the the younger cat and stared down at the paw, holding out his own to invite Morning dust to let him have a better look.

Morningdust looked away awkwardly realizing he had been staring at Shinefang as he worked. Upon receiving orders to sit, he gratefully limped over to an adjacent nest thankful that he could take pressure off his aching paw. He grimaced a bit at the thought of having to wait in the 'patient' nest. He'd avoided this place all his life so far, but he knew he'd be a fool to not have his paw looked at, so with that in mind, he laid down in the nest. The unhurt paw tucked under his body, while he allowed the injured one to rest in front of him. He hurriedly groomed his swollen paw trying to make it look better than it felt before Shinefang trotted over. Now that he had actually gotten a good look at it, his paw was in quite a sorry state. It not only was swollen, but the scars that dotted the paw were now more pronounced. He held it out, as Shinefang prompted him to, with an awkward glance from not being sure how long to hold it out. "It's not as bad as it looks." He grumbled. "I had just walked on it a bit before returning to camp, which made it swell up, I think." He quickly blurted out wanting to make it seem less than it was. He winced a bit and looked away trying to hide the fact that just holding up his paw was slowly becoming a strenuous task. While he waited for Shinefang to finish examining his paw, his eyes began to wander around the den once more, and the yellow flowers that Shinefang had just been sorting caught his eye once more. "What are those? I think I've seen them around the territory before. I can go-" While speaking, he quickly pulled his paw away from Shinefang and tried to use the flowers as an excuse to leave the den, but when he stood up to leave, he felt his hurt paw give away beneath him in a painful stumble. His ears flattened to the pain, but he made sure to keep his mouth shut, not wanting to seem like the trip hurt.

Last edited by Panda; June 24th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old June 24th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Morningdust looked away awkwardly realizing he had been staring at Shinefang as he worked. Upon receiving orders to sit, he gratefully limped over to an adjacent nest thankful that he could take pressure off his aching paw. He grimaced a bit at the thought of having to wait in the 'patient' nest. He'd avoided this place all his life so far, but he knew he'd be a fool to not have his paw looked at, so with that in mind, he laid down in the nest. The unhurt paw tucked under his body, while he allowed the injured one to rest in front of him. He hurriedly groomed his swollen paw trying to make it look better than it felt before Shinefang trotted over. Now that he had actually gotten a good look at it, his paw was in quite a sorry state. It not only was swollen, but the scars that dotted the paw were now more pronounced. He held it out, as Shinefang prompted him to, with an awkward glance from not being sure how long to hold it out. "It's not as bad as it looks." He grumbled. "I had just walked on it a bit before returning to camp, which made it swell up, I think." He quickly blurted out wanting to make it seem less than it was. He winced a bit and looked away trying to hide the fact that just holding up his paw was slowly becoming a strenuous task. While he waited for Shinefang to finish examining his paw, his eyes began to wander around the den once more, and the yellow flowers that Shinefang had just been sorting caught his eye once more. "What are those? I think I've seen them around the territory before. I can go-" While speaking, he quickly pulled his paw away from Shinefang and tried to use the flowers as an excuse to leave the den, but when he stood up to leave, he felt his hurt paw give away beneath him in a painful stumble. His ears flattened to the pain, but he made sure to keep his mouth shut, not wanting to seem like the trip hurt.
(I know that it's Morningdust. Shinefang gets names wrong often.)

Shinefang examined the tom's paw, frowning and narrowing his eye as he looked it over. "Unless you were hunting in Windclan territory there's no way it got this swollen from just walking. He could feel heat coming off of the leg from the inflammation. He pressed it gently, feeling for a break that it turned out wasn't there. The warrior pulled his paw away saying something about the tansy he was sorting and and stood up to leave. His injured paw buckled before he could get close and Shinefang's tail lashed. "Did I say you could leave?" he growled, "Get your tail back in that nest, Morningdew." He glared at the tom impatiently before turning back to his herb stores. He hooked a cluster of elder leaves and pulled them onto the floor and set aside three good looking leaves. "If you had come straight here it would have been better in a day. Now it's going to be more like four," he grumbled. The old tom picked the leaves up in his jaws and began to chew them. "Warriors," he muttered with his mouth full. "You have as much sense as kit sometimes."

Old June 24th, 2018, 02:20 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

Quote:
(I know that it's Morningdust. Shinefang gets names wrong often.)

Shinefang examined the tom's paw, frowning and narrowing his eye as he looked it over. "Unless you were hunting in Windclan territory there's no way it got this swollen from just walking. He could feel heat coming off of the leg from the inflammation. He pressed it gently, feeling for a break that it turned out wasn't there. The warrior pulled his paw away saying something about the tansy he was sorting and and stood up to leave. His injured paw buckled before he could get close and Shinefang's tail lashed. "Did I say you could leave?" he growled, "Get your tail back in that nest, Morningdew." He glared at the tom impatiently before turning back to his herb stores. He hooked a cluster of elder leaves and pulled them onto the floor and set aside three good looking leaves. "If you had come straight here it would have been better in a day. Now it's going to be more like four," he grumbled. The old tom picked the leaves up in his jaws and began to chew them. "Warriors," he muttered with his mouth full. "You have as much sense as kit sometimes."

Morningdust looked at his paw with an angered expression. "It's Morningdust." He corrected the medicine cat, all the while trying to hide his annoyance of both his paw, and his incorrectly said name. He made sure to keep his hurt paw off the ground as he limped back to the nest while flicking the tip of his tail from side to side. Once he had returned to the nest, he took interest in one of the old cat's remarks. "How can you tell that it'll be better in 4 days, instead of one?" The previously irritated on his face was now replaced with a more curious one. He opened his mouth and breathed in the scent of the den. He recognized the scent of the leaves Shinefang had pulled out, but never thought they may be used for medicine. "What are those? What do they do?" Normally, Morningdust wasn't exactly the talkative type, but he didn't like the idea of someone else treating him with things that he had no clue of what they were, for an injury that he didn't even know the extent of. He subconsciously pulled his wounded paw back to his body and sat up while he waited for a response.