Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:09 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM

Old March 20th, 2024, 07:04 AM
alastor my darling~

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly
Default Nightpaw's Choice

This thread I'll use to share a fan-fiction I made about my oc Nightpaw
If you have any comments or thoughts, please vm me! I don't wanna clog this thread but I wanna hear your opinions!

i do plan to continue editing already done works!

When everyone but one turns a blind eye to the newly appointed Nightpaw, will she pursue evil or serve Starclan..?

Table of Contents:

Allegiances

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

coming soon

Last edited by nyx; March 20th, 2024 at 07:59 AM.
Old March 20th, 2024, 07:11 AM
alastor my darling~

Default Allegiance

LEADER: Tumblestar - a short haired light brown tabby she-cat with green eyes.

DEPUTY: Blisterednose - a meduim haired grey tabby tom with a brown nose and green eyes.

MEDICINE CAT: Tawnywave - a short haired cinnamon tabby she-cat with yellow eyes and 2 leaves in her fur.

WARRIORS:
Horrnetstrike - a short haired pale yellow tabby tom with a white underbelly and amber eyes.
Riverstep - a long haired blue tom with teal eyes
Sunflowertrot - a meduim haired yellow tabby tom with green eyes.
Batthroat - a tall short haired dark brown tom with yellow eyes.
Antnose - a short haired brownish red she-cat with green eyes.
Wrenstream - a short haired brown tabby she-cat with blue eyes.
Stoatfeather - a tall short haired brown tom with a white underbelly and mint green eyes.
Fritillarystorm - a long haired golden brown tabby tom with green eyes.
Doveflick - a short haired white tom with hazel eyes.

APPRENTICES:
Barkpaw - a longhaired brown tabby tom with a cream underbelly and yellow eyes
Nightpaw - a meduim haired black she-cat with white ear tufts, face spots, paws and tail tip with green eyes.
Bleakpaw - a short haired, blue classic tabby tom, with hazel eyes.
Scarletpaw - a short furred red she-cat, with yellow eyes
eyes.
Blankpaw - a white short furred tom with unusual red eyes. (Albino)

QUEENS:
Tiptail: A long haired brown color point she-cat with amber eyes.
Blueskip: A short haired blue tabby she-cat with green eyes.

ELDERS:
Blankfoot - a longhaired black and white elderly she-cat with yellow eyes.
Snapbranch - a brown elderly tabby tom with pale green eyes

this might be subject to change.
Old March 20th, 2024, 07:21 AM
alastor my darling~

Default Prologue

Prologue

A large blue tom licked his lips, taking the stain of red off his muzzle. His deep blue eyes glazed down at the dead calico tom.
"My work here, " he thought, taking a step away, "is done."
"Ashfang..?" a voice behind him called hesitantly. The blue tom swerved his head around until he was facing a small brown tabby she-cat. "Tumblestar?" he asked, smelling the familiar scent of fear on her pelt.
Her ears flattened as she sprang at him. He played along, letting himself be pinned by the she-cat.
"You betrayed this clan for long enough! I knew it was you." Ashfang chuckled darkly, "You caught me. Though I did think you had more faith in me."
"YOU'RE A TRAITOR!" she yowls, digging her claws into his fur. He growls in pain and kicks her off of him. Swiftly, he pounced at her, pinning her down. Before she could say anything, he laid an unsheathed claw on her neck. The paw lightly hovered over but he was prepared to slam it down at any moment. He wasn't familiar with the word mercy.
"It was fun, being your deputy but it's time for me to rule the clan now." He'd smirk as Tumblestar's eyes grew bigger.
"Was it all an act?" She blinked for a moment. "We were mates, Ashfang. I thought you loved me."
He looked at her for a moment. Of course he could recall all the times they had. He did love her a bit but his goals were just more important. He stood deep in thought, pausing for a moment. She dove forward and sank her teeth into his neck. He shouted in anger and tried to shake her off but she clinged on, her teeth sinking deeper every time he moved. She leaped off of him and drove him straight into a tree.
"I'll kill you." He growled though his words had less impact. He sank to the ground, his legs trying to support his unbalanced weight.
"It's my clan. I will defend it with all nine of my lives." She looked at him with narrowed eyes. Her gaze was sharp but he could sense a glint of sorrow in her green eyes. He snarled and unsheathed his claws, but still was unable to stand.
"You'll pay Tumblestar," he yowled, though his voice said fading away, "This won't be the last you see of me." She stared blankly at him and walked away. The sound of her paws fading was the last thing he'd ever see alive.
Old March 20th, 2024, 07:37 AM
alastor my darling~

Default Chapter 1

Chapter One

"Come on, wake up!" Nightkit exclaimed. She playfully tapped on Barkkit's sleeping body.

"Huh..? Why..?" He mumbled, barely opening his eyes. Nightkit rolled her eyes.

"Tumblestar is calling for us! The whole clan is waiting." She was jumping up and down. The kit life was nice and all but she was already excited to become a apprentice. She couldn't wait to hunt and fight and be noticed for her skill by the other clans. Once she learns the basics first that is.

"R-right! Let's go!" He stumbled to his paws and they both raced to the center of camp.

"Now if we can start," Tumblestar’s whiskers twitched as the two kits raced out of the nursery.

"Barkkit and Nightkit have reached the age of 6 moons and it is time for you to be apprenticed." Nightkit tapped her paws happily and bounced with excitement. She glanced around at the set of warriors wondering who would be her mentor.

"From this day forward, Barkkit, you will be known as Barkpaw until you have earned your warrior name. Your mentor will be Riverstep." Tumblestar glanced over at the dark blue tom.

"I know you will pass on your knowledge and skills to Barkpaw." Nightkit glanced over at Barkpaw with a knowing grin.

"Lucky choice for mentor!", she whispered. He smiled at her and turned to touch noses with Riverstep.

"Nightkit, from this day forward, you will be known as Nightpaw until you have earned your warrior name. Your mentor will be Horrnetstrike." She looked over to the pale yellow tom.

"I know you will pass on your spirit and focus onto Nightpaw."
Nightpaw felt her fur deflate as the realization sunk in. Horrnetstrike had his name for a reason. He was an ill-tempered cat and no one wanted to get into a fight with him.

Maybe he'd be nicer to his apprentice. She shook her head and tried to lighten up as the clan cheered their new names. Horrnetstrike stalked over to her and they touched noses. His eyes looked as though he was already looking at disappointment.

When most of the clan trickled away leaving Nightpaw, Barkpaw, Riverstep and Horrnetstrike mostly alone at the clan entrance.

"When are we going to start training?" Nightpaw blurted out excitedly. Horrnetstrike gave her a nasty look.

"When I'm ready." He spat. Nightpaw lowered her head. "Right.." Riverstep gave her a sympathetic look and batted the irritated tom on the shoulder with a paw playfully.

"Let the kits be excited. You know I was just like that when I was their age. They still have so much to learn!"

"They also need to learn respect for the older warriors." Riverstep chuckled at his clanmates' words and turned back towards the apprentices.

"Are you kits ready?" They squeaked yeah in unison and giggled. The four cats padded through the forest, Riverstep leading the group.

"The first thing you'll need to know is how to catch prey." He stopped and turned towards the apprentices. "Lift your noses and see if you smell anything."
Nightpaw turned her nose to the air and smelled. She could smell dirt, grass and trees but she couldn't smell anything else she recognized.

"I smell..a mouse." Riverstep's eyes lit up at his new apprentice.

"Good! Now let me show you how-"

"I'll do it." Horrnetstrike butt in, already padding over to where the mouse was.

"Oh well then," Riverstep stammered, "Horrnetstrike will show you both how to catch prey." Horrnetstrike dropped into a crouch and both apprentices tried to mimic him.

"What he is demonstrating is the hunter's crouch. For a successful one, keep your body, tail and ears low." Riverstep educated.

"Make sure your off wind from your prey so they don't smell you."
Horrnetstrike inched closer to the mouse and pounced. He wrapped his teeth around the mouse and bit down hard.

"Simple." He said, as he put the mouse down and buryed it under the earth. Nightpaw’s eyes widened in awe and Barkpaw let out a small woah. "I wanna try!" Nightpaw squealed loudly. Horrnetstrike scowled at her. "Not if your going to alert all the prey in the forest!" She shrunk, embarrassed. He turned to Barkpaw.

"Maybe you can quietly demonstrate the hunter crouch." Barkpaw nodded quickly, not wanting to get yelled at, and dropped into the crouch.

"Lower your body a bit. It's harder for us longhaired cats." Riverstep jokes, trying to light up the mood. Barkpaw altered his stance and Riverstep nodded.

"Perfect! Now you try Nightpaw!" Nightpaw stepped over next to Barkpaw and copied the pose.

"Great job you two!" Riverstep gleamed. Horrnetstrike nodded and looked at the sky.

"It's getting late, let's head back to camp." He dug up the mouse and led the remaining cats back to camp.

Barkpaw and Nightpaw headed straight towards the fresh kill pile. "I'm so hungry." Nightpaw drooled at the sight of the birds and mice. Barkpaw nodded in agreement and took a vole from the pile.

"I hope your planning to take that to the elders." Horrnetstrike growled, laying down the mouse he caught onto the pile. Nightpaw practically jumped out of her fur.

"Oh.. yes we were...just about to do that." Barkpaw smiled awkwardly and looked at Nightpaw. Horrnetstrike twitched his whiskers impatiently, eyeing them. The two apprentices padded over to the elders' den, trying not to look at Horrnetstrike staring behind them. When they entered the den, they saw Tumblestar, Tawnywave and Blisterednose talking with Snapbranch. The two brown tabby cats looked alike even if one was smaller and one was older.

"I really think StarClan is trying to tell me something." Tawnywave whispered. Her voice was dripping with worry. Tumblestar stiffend and her fur rose.

"Wait for another sign. Then we will act." Snapbranch looked at his daughter worriedly then focused his attention on the apprentices.

"Well hello Barkpaw and Nightpaw! I see you have a vole, is it for me?" The cats all turned to the apprentices and Nightpaw shrunk, feeling like they just interrupted something very private. Barkpaw touched shoulders with Nighpaw comfortingly and nodded to the elder. He stepped forward and passed him the piece of prey.

"Ahh a nice juicy vole! Thank you." Snapbranch smiled politely. Nightpaws eyes drifted to meet Tumblestar's but the leader’s eyes looked distant.

"Let's go see our new den!" Barkpaw mewed, and Nightpaw brightened up and nodded. They trotted out of the elder's den. Nightpaw smiled at Barkpaw gratefully. Suddenly a loud yowl came from the camp entrance. Nightpaw whipped her head around to see where the sound was coming from. She saw a warrior yelp from the camp entrance.

"A FOX! A FOX HAS ENTERED CAMP!!"

Last edited by nyx; March 20th, 2024 at 07:45 AM.
Old March 20th, 2024, 07:59 AM
alastor my darling~

Default Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Nightpaw whipped her head around to see a snarling fox burst through the clan entrance. The fading sunlight illuminated the foxes' pelt and teeth. Blisterednose burst out of the elders den after hearing the cry with Tumblestar and Tawnywave following after. Blisterednose ran and leaped on the foxes back and the fox squeaked as it nipped at the cat on top of it. Two other warriors helped out and attacked the fox from the side and front. The fox snapped at the cat but failed to struggle out of their grasp.

"Let it go." Blisterednose barked at the cats. They obeyed, still bristling. The fox squeaked again and ran out the camp entrance. Cats in the camp whispered and gave each other worried glances.

"Woah!" Nightpaw exclaimed, her eyes wide. "Yeah, I'm just glad it was pretty weak." Barkpaw put in, his eyes fixed on the camp entrance as if expecting the fox to come back.

"Or.. Blisterednose is very strong!" She squeaked in amazement. She wonders if one day she will be a great warrior like him. Barkpaw nodded and opened his maw and let out a yawn.

"Come on, I've had enough excitement for today." Nightpaw tried to feel tired as well but she couldn't help feeling like she could stay up all night.

"I'm not tired but... I wouldn't mind going back to our task at hand." Barkpaw gave her a quizzical look. "The apprentices' den, of course!" Before he could respond she bounded past him to the den.

"Nightpaw, wait for me!" She poke her head through the entrance and let out a purr of excitement. She chose a nest near the front and laid down in it.

"Use this one!" She said when Barkpaw appeared behind her. He laid in the nest by her and sighed happily.

"Great! Now we can get some rest."

"I'll try." She replied, curling up in her nest. She laid her head on her paws and looked around boredly. He gave her a smile and did the same, but he closed his eyes. A while later they were both asleep.

"Get up." Horrnetstrike growled into the den. Nightpaw mumbled sleepily and turn away from the noise. He took a step inside the apprentices den and stomped on her tail.

"Ow!! What was that for." She groaned, waking out of her slumber.

"I said get up. You're an apprentice now, not a lazy kit." He turned around and stalked back into the camp clearing. She'd follow him, grumbling under her breath. Why did she have to be cursed with the worst mentor?

They walked into the forest until they saw a clearing. Barkpaw and Riverstep were already there, training.
"Now try it again." Riverstep meowed encouragingly. Barkpaw nodded and spread his legs firmly on the ground. Riverstep charged at him and Barkpaw ducked, sliding under the bigger warrior. He twisted his body and left onto Riverstep’s back.

"I did it!" He said before losing balance all falling off.

Riverstep chuckled, "You've got the move pretty down, just try to stay on my back next time." Barkpaw lowered his ears and nodded, embarrassed. The toms looked Horrnetstrike and Nightpaw. "Alright, now we can get started with duo learning!" Riverstep said.

Nightpaw brightened up and bounced over to Barkpaw. Horrnetstrike and Riverstep planted their feet to the ground.
"We will demonstrate a move and you both will copy it," meowed Horrnetstrike," Nightpaw, pay attention to our stance." Nightpaw suppressed the urge to roll her eyes and she watched the two mentors.
Riverstep nodded at Horrnetstrike and the two ran at each other, batting sheathed paws at one another. Horrnetstrike moved backwards and Riverstep ran after him. Horrnetstrike jumped onto a tree and off, landing on Riverstep's back. Riverstep huffed and flopped down to the forest floor. Horrnetstrike leapt off the blue warrior's back. "Oof. Well you saw us, now you both try." Riverstep said, getting back onto his paws.

"Nightpaw, you copy me and Barkpaw, you act as Riverstep." Horrnetstrike added, sitting down and taking a lick at his paws. The apprentices nodded and took their stances. Nightpaw flicked her tail nervously and looked at Barkpaw. They both raced forward and exchanged swiped paws at each other. Nightpaw backed up and Barkpaw drew closer. Nightpaw leapt behind her but didn't anticipate how close the tree was. She jumped and fell on her face in front of Barkpaw.

"Nightpaw! Are you alright?" Barkpaw said while bending down to meet her. Nightpaw grumbled, her voice muffled by the ground. Riverstep looked at her sympathetically and Horrnetstrike just snorted.

"That'll wake her up." Nightpaw rose to her paws and shook her fur off. She ignored Barkpaw as she shot an annoyed glance at her mentor. "Don't worry! We will keep trying."

"Barkpaw, your turn."

He nodded and glanced at Nightpaw. He flicked his tail questioningly to ask if that's okay with her. She sighed but nodded and they tried it again. Barkpaw attempted the move and successfully jumped on a tree and landed on Nightpaw's back. She dug her paws into the ground to stay standing.

"Great job!" Riverstep said encouragingly.

"You could stand to learn a thing or two from him." Horrnetstrike said, his eyes resting briefly at Nightpaw. Nightpaw bit back a retort and looked away. Barkpaw moved towards her and nudged her comfortingly. "You'll get it. It was just bad luck." He whispered. She blinked thankfully at him. They continued practicing until it got dark.

Two seasons past and the frigid grip of leaf-bare had tightened its hold on the forest. Nightpaw's black paws sank into the deep snow with a heavy clunk, leaving a trail of pawprints behind her. Blankpaw shivered beside her.

"It's too cold!" Blankpaw complained to his mentor, Sunflowertrot. Sunflowertrot let out a purr of amusement.

"The more you keep your body moving, the warmer you'll get." He meowed, shaking a flew snowflakes that stuck to his fur. Blankpaw rolled his eyes and Nightpaw laughed. Horrnetstrike shot her a look and her laughter died. "We are here to check the Logclan border, not to joke around." Nightpaw felt her fur prickle in annoyance as she kept walking in silence. They came to the Logclan border and refreshed the markers. Blankpaw looked across the border hopefully.

"I hope we see a patrol so we can fight them!" Sunflowertrot shook his head.

"Warriors do not provoke a fight for no reason." Horrnetstrike nodded briefly at those words. They were about to turn back when a rustling sound caught their attention. Nightpaw's ears pricked up as she saw a patrol of Logclan warriors emerge from the undergrowth. Their eyes burned with pride. Sunflowertrot raised his tail in a gesture of greeting, and Nightpaw copied.

"Greetings, Logclan warriors," Sunflowertrot called out, his voice carrying through the crisp winter air. "We come in peace, merely checking our border markers." The Logclan warriors eyed them cautiously, their gazes flickering across the patrol. A short cream tabby tom strutted forward and dipped his head.

"So are we. I hope Bushclan will make it to the gathering."

"You as well Chanterelleflower." Horrnetstrike agreed. He flicked his tail and led the patrol away into their territory.

"That was Logclan's deputy." Sunflowertrot whispered to the apprentices. "He's small, I bet I can take him." Blankpaw gleamed. Nightpaw bumped him on the shoulder playfully.

"I doubt it." He shot her a challenging glance and lept at her. She squealed and quickly slid under him. She batted a sheathed paw at his face. "Hah!" She said sticking a tongue out. Blankpaw did the same and started laughing.

Horrnetstrike flashed a stern look at them and Sunflowertrot shook his head with a smile. They arrived back to camp after hunting a bit. Blankpaw put his mouse on the prey pile and headed over to Scarletpaw. Nightpaw searched around the camp until she saw Barkpaw eating next to Antnose on a rock. She grabbed a bird and headed over there.

"Barkpaw!" He looked up and his eyes brightened.

"Hey Nightpaw! How was your patrol? Did you meet any Logclan warriors." Nightpaw flashed a smile and sat next to him.

"It went great! We met the Logclan deputy!" Barkpaw looked at her quizzically. "You didn't have to fight, did you?"

"Nope! Though I think Blankpaw wanted to." Barkpaw smiled. Antnose moved closer to the apprentices.

"You should be careful around Logclan warriors. They can be very cunning." Antnose warned. "Chanterelleflower was pretty nice-," Nightpaw started but Antnose interrupted.

"I've seen him in battle, he's pretty strong. Still, he's awfully clever. Don’t underestimate his size." The two apprentices looked at each other.

"I wanna be strong enough to beat him!" Nightpaw exclaimed. Barkpaw nodded and continued eating his share. Nightpaw ate her bird while continuing to talk to her clanmates.