Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:33 AM
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:31 AM
Tater-Tot and Soda-Pop...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:30 AM
WindClan Leader's Den
by Ian
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:21 AM

Old June 8th, 2023, 02:01 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Goldenpaw »
Goldenpaw nodded along to Silentleap's words, and as he stretched his neck out, opening his mouth to snatch up some of the not-burnet stalks, the sound of Snowybreeze clearing his throat caught his attention and he looked over to see what was up. Wait, what plant was he carrying? Was that...

Oh! Belatedly, Goldenpaw snapped his mouth shut. So that's what burnet looked like. Huh. Actually—he glanced back over to the plants he'd originally spotted—these didn't look much like burnet at all. Too fuzzy, and the flowers didn't look like the ones over near Snowybreeze. A flash of heat warmed his face and his tail lowered low to the ground as he realized his mistake.

"Right," he mumbled, offering one last look at the as-yet unknown plants before padding over to the burnet and picking a couple for himself. After a moment's hesitation, he backtracked to the dandelions and picked up one more. He still had room for more, but the texture of the plants in his mouth was making him a little uncomfortable and he didn't think he could deal with more. Goldenpaw nodded to Silentleap in silent agreement. This was all they needed, right? Hopefully he hadn't somehow made another mistake.
[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Snowybreeze | @RunningInTheHeather - Silentleap ]

lio was here ♥
Old June 17th, 2023, 07:33 PM
Taylor's Version

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Angelic

Hawksprint

It was still early in the morning when the warrior and his apprentice reached the grove. The place was filled with different kinds of prey, as well as birds, making this place perfect for the training session he had in mind for Cedarpaw. The tom turned to her and sat down with his tail wrapped around his paws. "I'm thinking we'll do some hunting today - sounds good?" He asked, altough it wasn't really a question. More like, "this is what we are going to do today so you better put up with it". He took a few seconds to himself, laying out a plan for the training session before he started.

"Alright, let's start with the very basics - what and what not to catch. Mice, voles, smaller birds like sparrows, robins and so on. They are delicious, usually not much of a hustle to catch, plus they are everywhere around here." The brown tabby gestured to the grove where they were sat. "And as for rabbits, you'll find them in the open fields" He gestured tail in the direction of the open moorland before continuing. "They are delicious, but a bit trickier to catch, they will also not hesitate to bite back if they feel threatened. Trust me.. it hurts.. I know that from experience" Hawksprint informed Cedarpaw. He paused for a few seconds, that should be it, for now at least. "Now, moving on to what not to catch.." He said, a stern look on his face as he made eye contact with the molly. "Birds of prey are very dangerous, especially to a young apprentice like you. Even with full grown warriors, it takes a group of them who knows exactly what they're doing to take down even one bird of prey. So, stay away from any falcons, eagles or hawks. I don't want you to become lunch for some stupid bird" He said, adding the last part mostly as a joke. However, he did care for his apprentice, and he wouldn't want her to end up hurt.. or worse. "Got it?"

[ @Froggy ]

don't hesitate to bump me after 24 hours if I haven't replied!

have a great day everyone

check out my character bio!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=61464
Old June 18th, 2023, 06:54 AM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

CEDARPAW
15/100

Hunting! Great! She was pretty excited to learn about hunting. It was something that would prove her useful to Windclan.

She suddenly remembered Owlkits request. Owlkit wanted Cedarpaw to catch and bring him a frog. Hawksprint said nothing about catching frogs.

"What about frogs?" She asked.

@Radetzky

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁
Old June 18th, 2023, 02:55 PM
Taylor's Version

Hawksprint

Hawksprint tilted his head to his apprentice. "Frogs? Why would you want to catch frogs?" He asked with a confused look on his face. He was glad that Cedarpaw was asking questions though, so he decided he'd try his best to answer it. "Well.. Frogs aren't really something WindClan is known for, you know. That's more ShadowClan's thing" The tom was unsure if there even were any frogs to catch around here. Perhaps in a few ponds here and there, he thought. "I've never hunted a frog before, but I'd assume it's not that much different from hunting a mouse or vole, probably even easier since they're not as quick" Hawksprint looked at his apprentice, she wasn't thinking about eating frog, right? Those things were slimy and probably very yucky, however, if she wanted to catch one he might aswell teach her how. "I'd say your best shot at finding a frog would be at ShadowClan's border.. but please don't go there alone. They have killed tresspassing cats before and won't hesitate to do it again. It's better to search around small ponds or puddles, I'd say" He hoped that'd answer Cedarpaw's question. He also hoped that she wouldn't be stupid enough to wander off to ShadowClan's border all by herself just to catch a frog for StarClan knows whatever reason. "Any other questions?"

[ @Froggy ]

Last edited by Radetzky; June 18th, 2023 at 02:56 PM.
Old June 18th, 2023, 06:07 PM

CEDARPAW
16/100

Cedarpaw knew what she asked was suspicious. What Windclan cat would want to eat a frog? Hawksprint was right for being a bit hesitant. But, now that she knew where frogs were... No, it was stupid. She would get hurt, (If she wasn't dead first!) She was sure Owlkit didn't want that. But- she couldn't say no. Owlkit would have that sad face again, she didn't want to see that. Why did Owlkit even want a frog anyway?

She had decided she was going to check the border but not cross it- unless she sees a frog. But she'll be quick and quiet. Nobody would notice her. She'll stay away from patrols and wandering cats. Nobody would see her. She minds as well keeping it a secret anyways.

"Just wondering, " She replied, hoping Hawksprint believed that. Well, it was the truth. Half of it. A quarter of it... none of it. That's fine! No cat needs to know anyways! She smiled and shook her head. "No more Questions."

@Radetzky (Why Catra be so mean and rude to everybody tho?)

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

Last edited by Spookez.; June 18th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old June 19th, 2023, 04:06 AM
Taylor's Version

Hawksprint

If you say so, he thought to himself, a feeling of doubt inside him that he quickly dismissed. Instead, he decided to move on to the next part. "Good, then let's start talking about how to catch your prey. The hunter's crouch is something every cat needs to know in order to efficiently stalk their prey, so let me show you" Hawksprint explained, then took a few steps away from Cedarpaw. Dropping in to a crouch, he started explaining. "Drop down low, make sure your belly is almost touching the ground and keep your tail low, remember - you don't want your prey to spot you when you're creeping up on it. Also, make sure you have your legs positioned steadily underneath you, makes it easier to balance" He meowed, lowering his tail. It was usually tricky to get it right, but with some practice it'd become a very useful move. He waited to make sure Cedarpaw could get a good look at the move. "Now, you give it a try" Hawksprint said, staying in the crouched position.

[ @Froggy ] (she's just like a fierce kitty we love her anyways <3)

Last edited by Radetzky; June 19th, 2023 at 04:07 AM.
Old June 19th, 2023, 07:38 AM

CEDARPAW
16/100

Cedarpaw looked at the hunting move. Getting a good picture of it in her mind, she tried to copy it.

Well- it was kinda a hunting move. Cedarpaw fell over after wobbling for a moment.

After a few tries, she finally got it right.

@Radetzky (Sorry for such a lazy post, kinda busy doing stuff at the moment)

Old June 21st, 2023, 12:16 PM
Taylor's Version

Hawksprint

The tom waited patiently, staying in the crouch position to make it easier for Cedarpaw to copy him. He watched her wobble around for a bit but she seemed to catch on pretty quickly and was soon doing a pretty decent hunter's crouch. She would obviously need to do some fine tuning on that later on, but for now it was good enough. "Good, you catch on quickly" He praised her. Now, he wanted to move on to stalking. Hawksprint shifted the weight on his paws and started silently creeping forwards. "Follow me" he said quietly and motioned with his tail. "Keep you paws off any dry leaves or twig, it will make a noise and scare away your prey" He informed her. It was difficult to pay attention to both your balance and where you put your paws at the same time, but practice makes perfect. The brown tabby led Cedarpaw through the grove. At one point he quickly glanced up at the sun, it'd be sunhigh soon. They still had some time to get everything done, he thought to himself. He soon stopped with by a tree, and sat down with his tail wrapped around his paws. Hawksprint hoped she had time to practice her stalking while still not get too tired - since it could get pretty tiring after a while.

[ @Froggy ] (no worries! my replies will be slow as well since i'm on vacation until the 25th)

Old June 21st, 2023, 02:31 PM

CEDARPAW
19/100

Cedarpaw tried her best to follow Hawksprint, but that was mostly impossible. She kept toppling over and trying to get in the crotch again.

@Radetzky (Me watching the finale of She-ra when Catra and Adora said they loved each other: Oh, perfect best friends!
Me when they kiss: WOAHH WOAH WOAH THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS)

Old June 21st, 2023, 02:55 PM
Taylor's Version

Hawksprint

Hm, perhaps he needed to set up something a little easier for now. "See that little pebble over there?" Hawksprint said and motioned with his tail towards the pebble laying a few tail lengths away from them. "I want you to drop into the hunter's crouch, creep forwards, then try to pounce when you're close enough. Remember, balance is important, and it's okay if you dont get it right the first time. Just try to maintain balance while you creep forwards, and you can take your time with the pounce. It's just practice after all, so you can take things as slow as you need to" He informed her.

[ @Froggy ] (omgg i loved that i was shipping them the entire time and i was so happy when they kissed jfnjdbqjbs)