Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 05:02 AM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Rani
Today 04:59 AM
Sunnypurr finder!!
by ollie
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 04:54 AM
May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 04:48 AM
Good as New - [SHC event]
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 04:34 AM

Old April 30th, 2024, 11:29 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default my sister's keeper [mistyshard herb training]

FAWNLIGHT
she/her | former riverclan medicine cat | starclan spirit

Anticipation laced her steps today as Fawnlight headed towards the stream that ran in front of her den. The fear and anxiety that the old spirit who had struck her down would reappear at any moment was still there, but today the former medicine cat had a duty to uphold. It had been far too long since her last involvement with RiverClan, and she wanted to at least try to be more active - especially now that there was such an important cat to her taking up the mantle of healer.

Waiting for her sister to materialize, Fawnlight gave a soft smile once the she-cat appeared. "Mistyshard - I've missed you, sister." Stretching forward she aimed to nuzzle her found family, purring lightly and letting the moment sink in for a bit. She knew they'd have to jump right into training, but for now she just relished in this fact. Her sister was alive, and better than that it seemed their new leader had agreed with her decision. Her heart still ached though, for she wasn't blind to how much the position had been coveted by both Minkpaw and Cobwebpaw. She could only hope in time they'd come to understand why she'd supported a cat who had already grown up to step into the role.

"Let's get started, yes? I want to make sure you're well prepared for anything that comes your way." Taking a step back, the former medicine cat blinked fondly at Mistyshard before taking her a little ways down the stream, wrapping around the back of her den to a field where various herbs grew. "I wish sometimes I could send the gifts of StarClan back with you," she murmured as she smiled. "Herbs grow plentiful here, and it's always greenleaf. Let's start with a few simple ones."

Reaching forward the brown dappled she-cat plucked an assortment of herbs, turning to place them between herself and her sister. It was a flowering plant with yellow or white flowers that closely resembled a dandelion, and its strong, sweet scent filled the air. "First up is coltsfoot. It grows best in newleaf, so you're in luck - I usually was able to find some near the streams and throughout the territory. It helps with easing breathing issues, and is safe for even the youngest kittens." Using one paw she drew it softly, feeling the petals before passing it to Mistyshard so she could inspect it. "You'll want to have your patients the leaves," she instructed, pointing towards the thick green leaves that sprouted from its stem.

"If you can't find coltsfoot, especially in leaf-bare, another good remedy for coughs is juniper berries." Reaching with a slender paw, Fawnlight pulled the small branch containing several of the blue-purple berries from her little pile. "They grow on dark green, prickly bushes, and often times carrying a stick of them can get you several berries at once. Like with the coltsfoot, you'll want to have your patients eat them. One or two should suffice. They can also help cats with bellyaches - though eating too much can make them sick." Using a claw the former medicine cat plucked one of the berries from the stick and held it up between them. It had a pungent smell, and Fawnlight's gaze flickered from it to Mistyshard before she put it down again after the medicine cat was finished inspecting it.

[ Mistyshard - @starry ]
[ herbs taught: coltsfoot, juniper berries ]
Old May 1st, 2024, 01:02 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: my sister's keeper [mistyshard herb training]

One deep amber orb blinked open slowly. Stars materialized around her, the ground slightly translucent. She let her gaze sweep around, blurs steadily turning into real shapes. She definitely knew where she was. StarClan. As everything took shape the sound of rushing water became evident, and the lean silver tabby turned with curiosity shimmering in her single hue. Soon she managed to locate the shape of a cat. It still took a few moments for the bluriness to go away but she could already tell who it was. Her dear, dear sister, Fawnlight.

A big grin spread across the herbalist's maw and she leapt towards her long lost sister. She attempted to wrap her paws around the starry molly, then stepped back to say something. "Fawny! I missed you so much... we're finally in a dream together... Even if you're not alive in RiverClan, I think of you every day. I- I miss you and I'm so glad we can finally communicate." A single teardrop trickled down her silver cheek, but she quickly made efforts to hide it by offering her sister a warm grin. The appearance at the meeting she'd been made medicine cat had not been enough. Mistyshard was here, with Fawnlight... she could feel her, see her... it was nothing compared to the living world but at least it was better than waiting for someone to come home who never would. Actually, what if she did?

Why couldn't StarClan give her Fawny a new life? Fawnlight who had worked so hard, been thrust into such a harsh position but yet persevered... if there was any cat who deserved it, it was her. Oh, of course. Herbs. That was her job now, after all. Mistyshard hastily nodded to the smaller, dappled brown molly, a beam spread across her face. This was the first time in ages that her smile was real. She usually put on a fake facade and pretended she was fine, but meeting her sister again finally made her feel whole. Even if it was just a dream it felt like a part of her was restored, knowing her ancestors and family had not forgotten about her.

She trotted after Fawnlight, fondly eyeing the herbs that grew here. The former medicine cat's words mirrored her thoughts. It would be so much easier if herbs were so plentiful and she didn't have to rely on a few oftentimes slacking clanmates to fill her herb storage. She could collect some herself, yes, but she could not account for a whole clan. "Why yes, that would be great. If only some StarClan dreams could become realitity..."

Mistyshard trailed off, mainly putting emphasis on the "some" because she had no interest in meeting her mother in real life. That horrible feline had put her through enough in dreams already. Anyways, back to the herbs Fawny was teaching her. Don't let your past haunt you. Coltsfoot. It grew best in newleaf and grew near the streams as well as in the territory. It was consumed by the patient and helped with breathing issues, and unline poppy seed, younger cats could consume it. The healer stared down at the plant, noting that its flowers were either yellow or white and somewhat looked like dandelion. There were thick stems with odd leaves covering them and a sweet scent wafted into her nostrils.

To show that she understood everything she bobbed her head, waiting curiously for the next herb. Ah, juniper berries. She knew how they looked and had been taught that they helped against stomachaches already, but she wasn't aware about them being a remedy for coughs. She also picked up that one or two would be enough; she didn't want someone to get hurt because she had no idea about the right quantities. All these cough or breathing remedies made her recall her most recent patient, Pebblesplash. The resurrected molly had not looked to good but since it seemed to be a problem with breathing, Mistyshard hadn't been able to do anything.. well here she was, getting a solution to that problem.

"Okay! That all makes sense. It's perfect that you've taught me these types of herbs now, I recently had a patient with.. odd breathing come in and I was not really able to do anything. Maybe I can revisit that problem and actually do something against it now." She purred warmly and gratefully, attempting to gently nuzzle her sister once again before the herb lesson continued.

[ @taillow ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; May 4th, 2024 at 10:44 AM.
Old May 4th, 2024, 11:47 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

FAWNLIGHT
she/her | former riverclan medicine cat | starclan spirit
Patient with odd breathing... that had to be Pebblesplash. The former medicine cat nodded with a smile. Fawnlight returned her sister's nuzzle with a rumbling purr, wishing that these moments could last forever. "I hope it can be of use." And hopefully it would be a remedy that could help heal the recently resurrected RiverClanner. Watching Pebblesplash return had conjured the idea in her mind of perhaps trying to get past the council as well. But the fear of Magpiewisp had her dismissing the idea; besides, she could still reach the cats in her Clan.

"Next will be burdock and celandine." Retrieving the two plants from her collection, Fawnlight brought them in between herself and Mistyshard, starting with the plant on the left, "is celandine." It was a tall-stemmed thistle with a sharp smell and dark leaves that sprouted up at the top. The smell it gave off was one that would likely be distinctive enough for her sister to remember; sharp and tangy. "This is burdock - but what you'll want to use is the root." She pointed with her paw to the nearly black roots at the end. "You'll want them dug up when retrieved, not just plucked from the ground. You can use the stream in the den to wash the roots off. Once the soil is gone, you'll be able to chew the roots into a paste, and it will help heal and numb rat bites." Rats were a predator that her home hadn't seen much of, but it was better to know just incase. "You'll be able to find it in open areas of the forest - more towards Rugged Range and Haven Springs where the trees clear a bit. I've also found some growing along the main river in the territory, too. I'm not sure if there's a specific weather they grow in, but I was always able to find them most in newleaf - though, I'm sure that's to be expected." She gave a soft smile and gave a pause for her beloved sister to examine the herb and ask any questions she might have.

"Next to it," the former medicine cat continued, poking at the fuzzy-stemmed plant next to the burdock root, "is celandine.". It had four yellow petals, with no other color seemingly present. It had a sweet smell to it that was a strong difference between the last herb she had taught her sister. "Believe it or not, Elmshadow was the one who taught me this herb." The former ShadowClan medicine cat, the one who hadn't made her feel as frightened, brought a smile to her face. Sure he had been rugged and rough around the edges, but he hadn't really ever made her feel uncomfortable like Ivysnake had. "You'll need to crush the petals into a juice - you can collect it into a leaf - and then trickle the juice into your patient's eye. It will help any weak or damaged eyes. You'll still need to treat it with marigold around the eye to ward off infection though." Using her paw Fawnlight crushed the flower underneath, revealing how it created a watery-like substance. "You can find them throughout the territory, especially where the territory is more wet like near the streams and ShadowClan's border." As the remains of the first celandine melted into the ground, Fawnlight conjured another one and pushed it towards Mistyshard so she could inspect it.

[ Mistyshard - @starry ]
[ herbs taught: burdock root, celandine ]

Last edited by taillow; May 4th, 2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old May 7th, 2024, 10:37 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
The silver tabby returned the purr, bobbing her head. As much as she disliked Pebblesplash right now, she did hope the newly learnt herbs would be of use. Even if she didn't... admire the ex-lionheart, it would be good for experimentation purposes. Also, maybe the herbs would be required more urgently in the future. She let herself trail off for a few moments, gazing at the dappled fur of her sister and wishing she was with her in the clan right now before she returned her full attention to the lesson at paw.

Burdock and celandine. Alright, she'd never heard of those before. She glanced at both plants, directing her amber hues towards the one Fawnlight revealed to be burdock. The tall thistle had an odd, spiky look to it with dark leaves sprouting at the top and there being a pungent, distinct smell. Okay, so the root was the part that was used. It was almost black, which was an.. interesting color for sure. Just plucking them from the ground wouldn't succeed, they needed to be dug up. The soil had to be washed from the roots, which the river could be used for. RiverClan was lucky that they always had water available to them. The herbalist nodded along, taking careful note of the fact that the roots needed to be chewed into a paste and used for rat bites. A question came to her mind and she looked curiously at her sister. "Can burdock be used solely for rat bites or also for other animal bites?" Mistyshard inquired.

It could be found in more open areas in the forest, especially ones like Rugged Range or Haven Springs where the woods started to clear. Some grew along the river as well, though. And there was no specific reason.. though newleaf was the one Fawnlight had the most success in. "Alright, that all makes sense." Next was celandine.. which the former medicine cat had been taught by Elmshadow. Misty let out a little chuckle, grinning at her sister. "Yeah, I've found ShadowClan's medicine cat's aren't all that bad. At least their current medicine cat apprentice," she mewed, her tone slightly tinged with humour. Mossfreckle had been very helpful and willing to teach her herbs which was more than she could ask for.

Celandine had yellow petals, four of them, and no other color. The scent coming from it was very sweet and enjoyable. The stem was green and fuzzy. So celandine would be crushed into a juice which could be collected into a leaf, and then the juice was dripped into the patient's eye to help with weak or damaged eyes. However, marigold would also be needed to keep infection away. Mistyshard watched Fawnlight crush the flower, finding it interesting that it created a substance that was almost as thin as water. It could be found anywhere in the territory, but especially in places where the territory was more wet. Like nearby streams and rivers as well as ShadowClan's border.

"When trickling the celandine juice into the patient's eye, will it hurt them a lot? As in, would they need poppy seeds in order for them to not be in a lot of pain and hold still or would it be fine without?" she questioned, inquiry accompanied by a tip of her head.

[ @taillow ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den