by Minkuu
Last post by Minkuu
Yesterday 11:21 PM

Old June 22nd, 2020, 04:21 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

-- @Spiderfrost --

Directing his green gaze towards Lilypaw, Breezefeather noticed the tears and quickly turned towards her and then went over and embraced the molly. Yet his eyes remained on the grave. Windwatcher had long since passed away, but the silver tom still missed his mother. The way that she had gone... it hurt him still and while feeling even more raw and emotional from the recent events... it felt fitting to take Daisy on a visit to see this. See what the cost of their lives was. He had never forgotten the way his mother's body looked when he found her... He just wished she at least could be here to guide him along these troubling days. Yet she was in the stars resting among all the other's he'd lost. "I come here... quite often. To remember what she meant to me. And what I meant to her. It's... finding solace and peace in what was lost. And also remembering everything she did to keep me safe. Makes me appreciate... well ebing here a lot more than usually." His voice was quiet as he stood there, gazing at the grave with green teary eyes. "She was the most noble of all cats I've ever met. And she died, as everyone do despite their greatness." We all must fall once.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old June 22nd, 2020, 07:58 AM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
-- @Spiderfrost --

Directing his green gaze towards Lilypaw, Breezefeather noticed the tears and quickly turned towards her and then went over and embraced the molly. Yet his eyes remained on the grave. Windwatcher had long since passed away, but the silver tom still missed his mother. The way that she had gone... it hurt him still and while feeling even more raw and emotional from the recent events... it felt fitting to take Daisy on a visit to see this. See what the cost of their lives was. He had never forgotten the way his mother's body looked when he found her... He just wished she at least could be here to guide him along these troubling days. Yet she was in the stars resting among all the other's he'd lost. "I come here... quite often. To remember what she meant to me. And what I meant to her. It's... finding solace and peace in what was lost. And also remembering everything she did to keep me safe. Makes me appreciate... well ebing here a lot more than usually." His voice was quiet as he stood there, gazing at the grave with green teary eyes. "She was the most noble of all cats I've ever met. And she died, as everyone do despite their greatness." We all must fall once.

They were at the border to Shadowclan. It didn't take much to know exactly how Breezefeather's mother died either. She could could compartmentalize this information, tuck it away to panic over in private so as not to worry her friend by her side. But Lilypaw was done wallowing in her issues and fears. She came here to change, and learning about the tom before her, his history, and everything in between was one step closer to really knowing the older tom. And learning about both her homes past and present.

"It was Shadowclan, wasn't it?" she asked, sure that no other detail was needed to voice her question as she took a moment to wipe her eyes with a paw. She'll never meet this cat, Breezefeather's mother.

Lilypaw had no illusions about the jaded history of Shadowclan in the eyes of other clans. As kind as she tries to be, she could be just as cold if she tried. And as much as she respected Icestar for being able to grasp for the leadership of Shadowclan and rule them with an iron grip--she feared her just as much. Or maybe it was the ambition for leadership roles that terrified her. That drive and ambition that her grandfather personified dragged her mother down. She was never quite...as stable as she was even with similar issues.

The calico wonders if their mothers had known of each other. Was her mom the cat that struck the killing blow perhaps? Or had they seen each other in passing at a gathering.

What would it have been like...if they had lived in the same clan from the start.

"I...I hope you don't mind I'm from Shadowclan." she murmured to the grave, a watery smile gracing her after the windclan warrior spoke. "Y-Your son has been a good friend to me and I want to be a good one to him too."
Old June 23rd, 2020, 06:28 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderfrost View Post

They were at the border to Shadowclan. It didn't take much to know exactly how Breezefeather's mother died either. She could could compartmentalize this information, tuck it away to panic over in private so as not to worry her friend by her side. But Lilypaw was done wallowing in her issues and fears. She came here to change, and learning about the tom before her, his history, and everything in between was one step closer to really knowing the older tom. And learning about both her homes past and present.

"It was Shadowclan, wasn't it?" she asked, sure that no other detail was needed to voice her question as she took a moment to wipe her eyes with a paw. She'll never meet this cat, Breezefeather's mother.

Lilypaw had no illusions about the jaded history of Shadowclan in the eyes of other clans. As kind as she tries to be, she could be just as cold if she tried. And as much as she respected Icestar for being able to grasp for the leadership of Shadowclan and rule them with an iron grip--she feared her just as much. Or maybe it was the ambition for leadership roles that terrified her. That drive and ambition that her grandfather personified dragged her mother down. She was never quite...as stable as she was even with similar issues.

The calico wonders if their mothers had known of each other. Was her mom the cat that struck the killing blow perhaps? Or had they seen each other in passing at a gathering.

What would it have been like...if they had lived in the same clan from the start.

"I...I hope you don't mind I'm from Shadowclan." she murmured to the grave, a watery smile gracing her after the windclan warrior spoke. "Y-Your son has been a good friend to me and I want to be a good one to him too."

Nodding in confirmation Breezefeather kept his green gaze focused on the grave for now. "It was Shadowclan. A raid when I was just an apprentice. I can't exactly remember when during my apprenticehood, but it was only the first of many struggles I would come to face in life." Yet... his mother's death still burned, clear in his mind. The blood soaked cream fur that he had discovered as he ran down the hills of the moor, still struggling with his too long legs... It had been bloody. And he had fallen apart at that. Being able to stand here, to gaze at it while still managing to not break down was a massive step for the silver tom. Practice? Time... Time healed all wounds and the wounds he was currently suffering from would be healed too... with time. Watching Lilypaw head over to the grave he bowed his head and turned it away. What she was saying was not for his ears to know, it was for the one in the stars, the one whom he missed so very much and the one who was taking care of his own children who rested among it. When he heard her voice die out he did indeed turn around and walked up to her, just standing next to her and gazing at the grave once again. "This place, despite it just being a mound of dirt, makes me feel this much closer to her. I know she's watching from the stars, but it makes me feel like she's around me, like everything is okay despite her not being here. It brings comfort, solace, a reality to it all... but it also allows me to grieve."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old June 23rd, 2020, 08:12 AM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

@Mentallyunstable

Rosepaw padded close to the ShadowClan border, her small pink nose wrinkling with disgust as the scent of ShadowClan bathed her muzzle. She bit her bottom lip, but not too hard, to stop herself from gagging. How could ShadowClan live here? The ground was wet underpaw and the scent of the pine trees overwhelmed her. Stopping, she turned, wanting to go back to WindClan's familiar, dry, grassy territory. Maybe she'd be able to catch some birds or rabbits there.

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:20 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Blackpaw leapt down from a tree and growled. “Hello Rosepaw, what a nice surprise. Come to gloat?” He padded up to the border and stopped.
@TheNyanCatMinecart

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:25 AM

@Mentallyunstable

Rosepaw's head quickly snapped back around and she jumped slightly, turning to the fierce-looking black tom. She didn't really like him. Feeling a bit anxious, she let her pretty white claws slide out. "Gloat about what?" she asked him. "I'm hunting, as you can see." What was this apprentice's problem?

Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:29 AM
sadly, I exist

Blackpaw cocked his head, he wanted to make her as uncomfortable as possible. “Well aren’t I disgusting? I’m not clan born after all, although I am better than you.” He was trying to get her angry. Good boy Blackpaw. Show her what we can do.
@TheNyanCatMinecart

Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:34 AM

Rosepaw glared at him, her leaf-green eyes blazing with fury. "Of course you're disgusting!" she spat, her voice filled with as much contempt and disgust that she could manage. If he was going to be hostile, then she would be hostile. Her regularly sleek and glossy fur rising along her spine, she heard him say that he was better than her. "Of course you aren't," Rosepaw meowed, her gleaming white teeth bared. "You weren't even Clanborn, taken into ShadowClan, one of WindClan's worst enemies." She quickly checked to make sure that her claws were out all of the way. They were. "Now, why don't you just leave and trudge back to your marshy forest? Or away from the Clan borders where you belong?"
You're pushing it, Rosepaw! a voice in her head told her, but she pushed that aside. Surely a cat who wasn't Clanborn could leave her with scars. She'd still be the same pretty, charming she-cat that she had always been. When faced with her enemies, though, she'd be as slick as a fish and quick as a rabbit. She had this.

Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:41 AM
sadly, I exist

Blackpaw smiled sadisticly. “Why don’t you come over and make me?” His stance was calm. No claw out, no bristled fur, nothing. Because he was winning. Yes! Yes oh Yes!!! We get to wipe the floor with this snot nosed BRAT. Rakta was practically jumping up and sown with joy in his head.
@TheNyanCatMinecart

Old June 23rd, 2020, 10:49 AM

Rosepaw snorted, considering her options. She had a feeling that Blackpaw was trying to lure her over the border so that he would have the advantage. I'm smarter than that, she thought, lifting her head triumphantly.
"Why would I cross into that wet and marshy territory?" she spat in disgust, glaring distastefully at the soggy ground before looking back at Blackpaw. "As much as I'd like to get rid of vermin like you, I'm smarter than to just come across the border." She stared at him defiantly, her claws still out.
(Rosepaw's bark is worse than her bite.)

@Mentallyunstable