Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 08:53 AM
Raptor Hunting
Last post by Tallstar
Today 08:51 AM

Old June 18th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Hi!

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Short Stories Written by Nyan!

Characters Involved: Cinder, StreamBubble, Scarlet

Territory/Clan:RiverClan and Cinder’s den

Appearances of Said Cats: Cinder is a light furred orange tabby, Scarlet a more dark shade of orange, Streambubble a light shade of gray.

Ranks of Said Cats: Cinder is a rouge queen whose mate left her, Scarlet is Cinder’s kit (a girl), and Streambubble is a RiverClan warrior without a mate yet.

What's happening?: First it was an accident, Streambubble coming to Cinder’s den. Then he started to do it on purpose. During one of his visits, Cinder told Streambubble that she liked him. Now Streambubble has a choice: leave his clan for love, or live knowing he can never go back?

Other: Happy endings highly appreciated! @TheNyanCatMinecart
(Holds breath to see what they think...)
FernClan is dying rn with no one still playing it but me and the leader... Please follow this link:http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28263
This is Daisy, You’re new queen. Bow to her.

May StarClan light your path!
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:01 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

@Turtle Tail okay! Starting on it now!

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old June 18th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
@Turtle Tail okay! Starting on it now!
Thank you!
FernClan is dying rn with no one still playing it but me and the leader... Please follow this link:http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28263

Old June 18th, 2020, 06:33 PM

@Turtle Tail

Cinder curled up in the fallen, hollowed-out portion of the tree, using her tail to tuck the dark-shaded kit closer to her. Her eyes pricked with wetness at the edges as she remembered him, the cat who had once shared this den with her. Inhaling deeply, she could still smell him everywhere: in their nest, on their tree, even on their own kit, Scarlet.
No... it’s not ours anymore, she thought, her heart giving a painful pang. It’s mine. He left me and our only surviving daughter all alone.
Scarlet shifted in the nest and glanced up at her mother with wide eyes. “Where’s Father?” she asked. “Is he really not coming back?”
Cinder sighed, tucking her tabby tail closer to her, scooping up the kit. “He isn’t,” she replied softly. “He left us. Forever.”
Scarlet let out a small squeak and buried herself into Cinder’s light fur. Cinder heaved a sigh and rested her head on her paws again. No more sharing prey, no more telling jokes, no more taking care of Scarlet together... all because he just wanted somebody prettier. It made her upset just thinking about it.
Suddenly, pawsteps sounded right outside of the den. Cinder’s ears perked up and she looked at the entrance. An unfamiliar, fishy yet strong scent was flooding into the den. Scarlet startled, jumping to her paws. “Intruder-” the kit began before she slapped her tail over her little mouth, the fur rising along her spine and her claws unsheathing. Even though he had left her, she would defend her single remaining kit with her life.
A light gray tom stumbled through the entrance and looked around, seemingly confused. Hissing, Cinder yowled, “What are you doing here? Get out of my den!”
Shock spread across the cat’s face. “I’m sorry!” he exclaimed, beginning to back up. “I didn’t realize that I had gone so far from my territory.” Although he did look a little nervous, Cinder could tell that he was also curious. His gaze scanned over her and then settled on the little dark orange shape of Scarlet.
“Who are you?” the kit, who was supposed to be hiding under her orange tail, piped up. Cinder tensed as the cat paused.
The tom seemed to relax a bit. “I am no threat to your kit,” he meowed slowly. “I just stumbled here on accident while chasing a squirrel. Again, I’m sorry.”
Cinder let herself relax a little although she was still on guard. “It’s fine, I guess,” she muttered. The strange odor of the cat bathed her tongue. “Who are you?” she asked.
The tom paused for a moment before replying, “I’m Streambubble of RiverClan.”
Cinder blinked, confused by the name. Streambubble? That was a bit... odd. It didn’t help that Scarlet was looking very curious.
“Streambubble?” Scarlet echoed. “What name is that?”
“Scarlet! Be polite!” Cinder exclaimed, glancing warily at the stranger. Angering him wouldn’t be the best idea.
Streambubble shrugged. “I know that it’s a bit weird,” he admitted. “But it’s just a regular warrior name from RiverClan.”
“RiverClan?” Cinder blinked at him. “What’s that?”
Streambubble sighed. “I guess that you wouldn’t understand,” he murmured, beginning to back away from them. “And I’d probably leave before your mate gets home.”
Cinder tensed and Scarlet spoke for her, much to her disliking. “Father left us,” she mewed. “He went for somebody prettier.”
“Hush!” Cinder exclaimed. Streambubble was already looking at her with sympathy.
“I’m sorry,” he murmured quietly. Then he slid away.
Cinder glanced down at Scarlet. “That was weird,” she meowed. “Well, let’s go to sleep now.”
“I liked him,” Scarlet admitted. “He was super nice to us.”
“Still a stranger,” Cinder sighed, curling up in her nest. “We can’t trust too quickly, can we now?”
Scarlet blinked but said nothing.
A couple of days had passed when Cinder was out hunting alone not far outside of her den. Scarlet was playing inside, pouncing on what appeared to be a stick. There was a mouse just in sight...
Suddenly, there was a flash of light gray fur. The mouse squealed and ran off. Cinder tensed and noticed Streambubble - again. “What are you doing here?” she demanded.
The tom looked startled. “I - uh-” he began before taking a deep breath. “I just wanted to see if you’re doing okay,” he told her.
Cinder blinked at him. “I’m doing fine…” she meowed.
Meanwhile, Scarlet had obviously scented him, for she dashed out of the den. “Look! Stream’s back!”
“Streambubble,” the light gray tom corrected before glancing up at Cinder. “I was wondering if we could... hunt together?” he asked. “You’re going to need plenty of prey for that little one. Surely she’s weaned by now.”
Cinder felt surprised by the unexpected help. “Okay…” she told him, then looked at Scarlet. “Stay here,” she ordered.
Some time passed and the two of them had caught plenty of prey. They had all shared it before Streambubble left again. About a moon passed and the tom kept on visiting her and her only kit. It would make her wonder about a future with her and this odd tom, but he kept having to leave... for that RiverClan.
One day, the tom came by again. Cinder’s ears perked up at the now familiar smell. “Hey there!” she called. Scarlet leaped up and mewed, “He’s back!”
Streambubble came by and settled down beside Cinder. It felt so good with him by her side... much better than it had with her past mate, Tiger. Shaking her head, she knew that she had to tell him her feelings eventually.
“Hey, Streambubble…” she began.
“Yes?” he asked curiously, his head tipping to one side.
Cinder took a deep breath. “You’ve been a great cat,” she began. “Wonderful, really, especially after Tiger - my old mate - left me here alone with our only surviving kit.” She glanced down at Scarlet, who was fidgeting with a leaf. “And I was wondering... well, I... I like you, Streambubble.”
Streambubble’s eyes widen with surprise. He paused, then admitted, “I do, too.” He looked distressed, almost as though he had to make a choice of sorts.
“What’s wrong?” Cinder asked.
“Well…” Streambubble took a deep breath. “Where I live, in my Clan that I’ve been telling you about... the one by the river... I’m not allowed to take a mate from outside of my Clan.” He looked away and she could almost smell the guilt.
Cinder’s tail drooped. “Oh,” she murmured with a sad glance at Scarlet, who looked disappointed.
“Aww! But I want you to stay!” the little kit wailed.
Streambubble took a deep breath. “We can get around this,” he told her, although his voice sounded a little tense.
Cinder blinked. “How?” she asked.
“I mean... you could always join my Clan,” he meowed. “But you’d have to be strong and loyal. Your name might have to be changed, your kit would have to endure hardship as well as you, and you’d have to get used to water.” He stopped, looking at her seriously. “Would you be willing?” he asked.
Cinder stared at him. Leave everything behind... to go into a totally unfamiliar, possibly hostile group of cats? And endanger her kit, too? But what did she have here? Scarlet and nothing else? What would happen if she got too old to care for herself or if something happened to grown-up Scarlet?
“Yes,” she told him. “Yes, I will join you.”
The look of joy on Streambubble’s face was one that she wouldn’t forget easily. “Come on, then,” he purred. “And don’t forget your little one.”
Cinder nodded and picked Scarlet up and, as they headed off toward the river, Scarlet purred. “I knew it! I knew that you’d find somebody like Father!”
Better, she thought, smiling. Much better.

Old June 19th, 2020, 01:09 AM

My Mood: Devilish

Characters Involved: Sunny, Sparrow, Leap, Shade

Territory/Clan: mountains with their rouge group

Appearances of Said Cats: Sunny- gold and tan she cat with yellow eyes. Sparrow- tortoiseshell she cat with green eyes. Leap- brown tabby with blue eyes, blind in left eye. Shade- dark brown tabby with blue eyes

Ranks of Said Cats: Sunny- fighter. Shade- guard. Sparrow- third in command. Leap- leading the group

What's happening?: Shade- fell in love with Sunny and tries to tell Leap who ignores him. After a while he tells Sparrow who laughs and shoves him lightly. He shoves her back and Sparrow slips. She's barley clinging on but Shade and Sunny save her then fall in. Sunny climbs out in time to see them leave.

Other: Leap and Shade are siblings. You can add more loners or former clan cats @TheNyanCatMinecart

Last edited by Nightbound; June 19th, 2020 at 01:44 AM.
Old June 19th, 2020, 07:26 AM

@Nightbound I'm going to work on it a bit later today! Sorry; I've been caught up a bit with the OC commissions.

Old June 19th, 2020, 08:44 AM

@Nightbound

Shade rested his head on his front paws, feeling the icy cold stone of the mountains on his belly fur. Shifting, his blue gaze fell on Sunny and his heart seemed to skip a beat. The beautiful gold-and-tan she-cat was currently grooming herself, settled under a shaft of weak sunlight that streamed down onto the rocky plateau.
“What are you doing, brother?”
Shade startled and turned to look at the tabby shape that stood over him. He relaxed a bit once he recognized Leap, his brother and the leader of their group. Surveying everyone, he could see the rest of them resting, most of them in warmer overhangs that dripped with melting snow.
“Er... just watching over the camp, Leap,” Shade meowed quickly, tearing his gaze away from Sunny, where it had strayed before. “Like I’ve been ordered to do. It’s my job, you know.” He sucked in a breath.
Leap considered him. “You were looking at Sunny,” he murmured, his voice dropping a little bit. “Why?”
Shade paused. His brother had a whole group to lead; why should he be concerned with lovey-dovey matters? “Well... I…” he began, shifting on his paws. He paused to take a breath, then restarted his sentence. “I have a bit of a crush on her,” he admitted.
Leap blinked, but then shrugged. “You’re supposed to be watching the skies,” he reminded the dark tabby. “For eagles and whatnot. Not staring at she-cats who you might find attractive.” His brother began to walk away before glancing back at him with his good eye. “Keep watch,” he meowed.
Shade watched the retreating shape of his brother and leader dejectedly. Was it really so bad that he had a crush on a she-cat? After all, it’s not like guards were forbidden to take mates or anything like that. Shrugging, still feeling a bit sullen, he cast the tiniest glance at Sunny. She was grooming now. Forcing himself to tear his gaze away, he continued to look up at the light blue sky.
This is so boring.
Some time passed and the sun was past its zenith when there were paw steps behind him. Turning, Shade saw the tortoiseshell shape of Sparrow coming toward him. Shifting to face her, he asked, “What is it?”
Sparrow shrugged and sat down next to him, towering over the tom due to him lying down and her being upright. “I don’t know,” she sighed. “I just came back from hunting and I’m as bored as the stars waiting for nighttime.”
Smiling, Shade pushed himself to his paws and glanced at her. The area around her muzzle was stained dark red and smelled of bird. “Nice catch,” he told her.
“Thanks,” Sparrow replied simply, looking at the sky.
Shifting on his paws and glancing at his third-in-command, Shade wondered if he should talk to her about Sunny. After all, they were good friends and they liked discussing things together. Heat tingling beneath his pelt, he admitted, “I... I have a bit of a crush on Sunny.” He waited for her response.
Sparrow purred in amusement. “Oh, aren’t you a little lovebird?” she joked, bopping him on the nose with her tail and giving him a gentle, friendly shove.
“Hey! Quiet down!” Shade exclaimed. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Sunny looking at them quizzically. Not wanting to look stupid, he gaze the tortoiseshell a joking shove, a bit harder than he intended to.
On the cold, slippery stone, slick with a layer of ice so thin that neither cat had sensed it, Sparrow slipped. Her green eyes widened with horror as her paws skid from under her and she slid off of the edge. Gasping, Shade tried to reach out, but her paw disappeared too soon.
“Sparrow?” he yowled, looking over the edge. Sliding paw steps and a familiar warm scent told him that Sunny had come here, too.
“Be careful!” she exclaimed to Shade. “You might’ve killed her!” Her yellow eyes were round with horror and Shade dipped his head, his heart plummeting.
“I didn’t mean it!”
“I’m alright!”
Both Shade and Sunny peered down together to find Sparrow just barely clinging onto a slightly jutting out bit of rock. Her claws were unsheathed, making an awful grating sound that stung his ears. Leaning down, Shade found that not even he, as a tom, was big enough to reach down and get her.
He glanced in distress at Sunny. “We have to get her out from there!”
Sunny glanced around wildly, then unsheathed her claws. “We might have to climb down,” she murmured darkly.
“What?” Shade’s blue eyes widened, contrasting against his dark brown tabby pelt. “No! That’s too dangerous!” He paused, his mind whirling as he looked for a better idea. Then it clicked.
“Sunny, you hang onto the edge of the cliff,” Shade instructed. “I can hang onto you and get Sparrow.”
Sunny tensed, her bicolored fur bristling. “Will I be able to support all of that weight?” she asked nervously.
Shade blinked. “I can switch roles,” he meowed. “You could hang down from me.”
Sunny paused, then shook her head. “I think that I can do it,” she meowed bravely.
“Okay.” Shade waited for Sunny to dangle over the edge. Then he slid down as well, looking for the best place to grasp onto. Sparrow wasn’t too far away. He could see her eyes rounded with fear.
“Dig in your claws!” Shade yowled as he gripped onto her hind paws and tail. He heard Sunny gasp and slither down a little bit, but he still stayed holding on tightly. Fur bristling, he was just barely able to reach Sparrow.
“This is dangerous!” the tortoiseshell gasped.
“I know, but I’m not letting you die!” Shade declared, grasping his teeth into her scruff. Sunny began sliding down farther to his dismay.
We need a Plan B.
Mustering up all of his strength, Shade gasped, “Whatever you do, don’t let go!”
Sunny let out a wail, obviously strained and sliding down farther. Shade mustered up all of his strength and then flung Sparrow up. The she-cat just barely managed to scrabble upward before bending down, grasping Sunny’s scruff.
We’re going to make it, he thought. We have to.
But Sunny let out a yowl and the two slid too far down, tumbling a bit until they reached the outcrop where Sparrow had held on. He could hear his friend’s alarmed yowls alerting the rest of the rogue’s camp.
Sunny looked at him, her yellow eyes wide. “What now?” she asked, shaking.
Shade glanced down, seeing the jagged peaks, the melting blankets of snow, and the melting river that slid at the bottom of their territory. Looking at her, he whispered, “Sunny... I wish that I had gotten the chance to tell you this, but I love you.”
Sunny blinked at him, her eyes filled with emotion, then worry. “Please, Shade... this isn’t the right time…”
Shade took a deep breath. The side of the mountain was iced and they would slip down before any help got to them. There was a tiny indent in the side of the mountain, big enough for a cat to grasp it and get up but not sturdy enough to hold a cat if they wanted to go down. Sunny was right above him and he knew that it wouldn’t last long.
He shoved her as hard as he could. The she-cat let out a surprised squeal, her paws instantly grasping the ledge before she boosted herself upward. The momentum made Shade’s paws slip and he let out a yowl as he plummeted downward. Images flashed in his mind of him and Sunny with a happy family of kits and maybe even him succeeding Leap as leader. Having a great life. However, he had sacrificed that all for her.
All he could see were Sunny, Leap, and Sparrow, who had crowded over the edge, watching in horror as he plummeted to the ground. As he got closer and closer to his sudden demise, Shade closed his eyes. It had been a good run.
He hit the river with a crash and only barely felt it as the current swept his body away from his friends and kin.

Old June 19th, 2020, 11:30 AM

My Mood: Devilish

Wow.. that's super good. @TheNyanCatMinecart
Old June 19th, 2020, 11:30 AM
Hi!

Thank you! That’s just how I had thought of it! How do you know? @The Nyan Cat Minecart

Old June 19th, 2020, 11:35 AM

@Nightbound @Turtle Tail

Thanks a lot for submitting and the feedback! <3 You gave me plenty of tips for what to do, so I followed them. Or I'm a mind reader... nobody knows... O_O