Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
LIGHTKIT FINDER
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 06:59 PM
WCO Staff Applications
Last post by Aroogi
Today 06:46 PM
WindClan Healing
Last post by zBlaze
Today 06:46 PM

Old June 1st, 2018, 03:18 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post

(sooooo sorry for late reply!)

She should have seen the expression. Or maybe she did, but it just didn't register. The pained look that Daydream had when Mistfall hopefully turned to the medicine cat's den in search for her dear friend. The false hope that filled the warrior prevented her from being realistic. She was rarely optimistic like this, but she wanted so desperately to believe that Geckoleaf was alive and well and had made her way back to the clan that she allowed herself to believe such a senseless notion. She was like a helpless kit.

The words froze her. The simple 'no' had quickly killed any hope that Mistfall had of Geckoleaf being back. Mistfall's mind went blank for a moment, as if trying to think of some reasons as to why that was the answer that didn't involve something negative happening to Geckoleaf. Hoping that perhaps Daydream just said this so she didn't bother Geckoleaf while she rested, or maybe she was at the Shadowclan camp? If Daydream had found her exhausted, they would have taken her back to their own den instead of to Riverclan, right? The warrior wasn't like this, but she wanted so desperately for something in her life to go right. She wanted so desperately to stop losing those that she loved. But she could tell by their tone that the following words would not be what she wanted she hear. Mistfall wanted to shut them up. She didn't want Daydream to continue. She didn't want to hear what he had to say next.

But she needed to.

Mistfall didn't even look at Daydream, blank stare looking past the medicine den with dead hope. She felt completely numb as the Shadowclan medicine cat explained what had happened. At first there was no anger, no questioning why a cat would wish to harm Geckoleaf. There seemed to be nothing but a numb stinging that pricked at the warrior. It wasn't exactly shock. She knew what they was saying and aware of what had happened. There was an eerie calmness about the warrior as she listened to Daydream choke up and struggle to speak of Geckoleaf's death. Blinking, Mistfall's gaze focused on the medicine cat's den. Then the sickening feel grew. It started in the chest, then the stomached until her pelt felt the heat of the combination of feel sick and the stinging threat of tears in her orbs. Mistfall felt weak. She felt like throwing herself on the ground and finally letting out all of the sorrow and heartbreak that she buries every time she thinks of her life and how everything always goes wrong. It was so overwhelming and tempting... but she was too proud. Or maybe it was because she didn't want people to look at her differently if they knew how saddened she was about her life.

"Three moons ago?" Voice hollow as she repeated Daydream's words in a form of a question. Thoughts solidifying as she held herself together. "... you've known for three moons, but didn't say anything?" The burning sick feel was replaced with a burning anger, building the more she thought about this one part of the story. She knew deep down that she was wrong for doing this. She should focus her anger on the rogue who had attacked Geckoleaf, but she felt trapped. She wanted so desperately for someone to pay for what happened to Geckoleaf. She wanted to make someone hurt. But she did not know who the rogue was and she did not have the time to track them down. Mistfall wanted someone to hurt now. "Did you not think it was important enough?" The warrior whirled towards the medicine cats, glaring him with eyes colder than a frozen river. "You know, some of us really cared for her. How could you keep this from me for three moons?! Do you even understand how wrong that is?" Tail lashed as she took a subconscious step towards the cat. "I've spent all this time killing myself over her disappearance, and you've known what happened?! Did you even know that I spent every single night since out on the territory? I go out there because if I needed to be there to help her if she ever found her way back. I Would even spend my patrolling or hunting keep an eye out for her. But no, you knew all along that she was dead and never bothered to tell!"

She didn't care if she made a scene. She didn't care if she looked like she wanted to attack Daydream right here and now. She only cared that Geckoleaf would never return.
daydream watched her break. they had seen cats grow sad, they had seen cats go depressed. but they had watched mistfall break. but, what really hurt the was the accusations. they stood up, tail lashing, eyes in slits as they stared at the warrior,"Do you think im not hurting as much as you, mistfall?" they replied softly. they didnt yell, they didnt lash out at first like they normally would have. they took a step forward,"Do you know what its like? to lose everything youve got, and the only cat that youve thought that you had, a best friend, a mothe figure to me, wouldnt hurt?" their tail was lashing too, eyes pricking their eyes,"Every time i close my eyes i see her, mistfall. everytime i go lay in my damn nest i see her blood on that white snow. ive lost sleep, i too looked miles into countless terrioes and even beyond the clans." they snarled. they werent angry. they were greving. they were hurting. they too, like mistfall, had lost so much. and it seemed they had one thing in common: which was geckoleaf meant a lot to them. "So dont you DARE accuse me of not caring. of not thinking she was important. because while you are here, i have a clan to take care of. i have cats to heal, i have to live day by day knowing that the one skill that i was given, to heal, wasnt enough to save her." they gritted their teeth, eyes in slits. they wouldnt let mistfall yell at them, accuse them of not caring. because they did. they lived every day thinking about geckoleaf. they lived every single day thinking of her loss. they talked about her as if she were a god to flashpaw, that hopefully they both could live up to her one day. they started to calm down, though, closing their eyes and taking in a shaky breath, tail swaying. they were so tired of crying 0 they just wanted to get better. they wanted to feel better. they wanted to live for themselves, and not for geckoleaf. just like how she wanted. how she told them. "You were the only one who lost geckoleaf," they mewed quietly,"i lost her too."

and that would be something they would have to live with for the rest of their lives. that they had been the last cat she had seen before she died, before she passed away. that daydream had held her so close that leaf bare, trying to keep her warm. they could see their breath in the air. the place couldve been seen as magical, really. everything bare but covered with snow, the world so silent under their paws. but on that same snow there was blood, a whole trail of it. leading back to geckoleaf. it made the place much less beautiful, and a place of loss instead, something that daydream would never live out of their head. they missed her so much. they missed how they comforted eachother, how she had been the closest thing to a mother daydream couldve ever asked for. she loved them unconditionally despite their asshole persoanlity, and they loved her- even beyond her passing.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 11:46 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@king kaleb!

A black-and-white feline sat in the clearing, her vividly colored eyes sharp with focus as she stared at a waving willow branch. Her eyes moved with its movements, though the rest of her body stayed completely still, as if she were frozen to the spot. Her breaths came out slow but steady, and she sat in a relaxed stance as she watched the willow frond. Only her face was tense, contorted in deep thought.
Suddenly Settingpaw blinked, and she shook out her fur, once again focusing. Though this time, it was now on her surroundings, which she had been previously unaware of. Blinking a few more times, the apprentice let herself merge back into what was currently happening, around her. When she took herself into deep thought, it took the feline a few moments to come back into reality, to realize where she was again. She watched with a blank face as cats bustled around the clearing around her, before turning her eyes away and to her paws. Flickerkit Nah her tail, Settingpaw let out a small sigh. She was starting to think coming to Riverclan had been a bad idea. Maybe I just should’ve stayed in Thunderclan, with Summitpaw. Her mother had died soon after she had left Thunderclan, and that was why she had continued on anyways, even though she hadn’t wanted to. Now she was where she wanted to be, in Riverclan. But she had come to find her father. And all she had found so far was an annoying tomcat named Pleasantpaw. She did have to admit to herself though that he was somewhat enjoyable to be around. Especially since she hadn’t really talked to any other cat besides her mentor. She has given up on looking for her father, all she knew about him was what he looked like. And even though she always remembered her mother’s description, it handn’t helped when she’d reached the clan. There were a lot of gray cats with blue eyes. And she had no idea what his name was. Her mother had never told her that much.
So now, Settingpaw has decided to just try and live the normal life of an apprentice. And continue her life the way she wanted to, without getting distracted by side quests, like she had done so many times before.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 11:30 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

@king kaleb!

A black-and-white feline sat in the clearing, her vividly colored eyes sharp with focus as she stared at a waving willow branch. Her eyes moved with its movements, though the rest of her body stayed completely still, as if she were frozen to the spot. Her breaths came out slow but steady, and she sat in a relaxed stance as she watched the willow frond. Only her face was tense, contorted in deep thought.
Suddenly Settingpaw blinked, and she shook out her fur, once again focusing. Though this time, it was now on her surroundings, which she had been previously unaware of. Blinking a few more times, the apprentice let herself merge back into what was currently happening, around her. When she took herself into deep thought, it took the feline a few moments to come back into reality, to realize where she was again. She watched with a blank face as cats bustled around the clearing around her, before turning her eyes away and to her paws. Flickerkit Nah her tail, Settingpaw let out a small sigh. She was starting to think coming to Riverclan had been a bad idea. Maybe I just should’ve stayed in Thunderclan, with Summitpaw. Her mother had died soon after she had left Thunderclan, and that was why she had continued on anyways, even though she hadn’t wanted to. Now she was where she wanted to be, in Riverclan. But she had come to find her father. And all she had found so far was an annoying tomcat named Pleasantpaw. She did have to admit to herself though that he was somewhat enjoyable to be around. Especially since she hadn’t really talked to any other cat besides her mentor. She has given up on looking for her father, all she knew about him was what he looked like. And even though she always remembered her mother’s description, it handn’t helped when she’d reached the clan. There were a lot of gray cats with blue eyes. And she had no idea what his name was. Her mother had never told her that much.
So now, Settingpaw has decided to just try and live the normal life of an apprentice. And continue her life the way she wanted to, without getting distracted by side quests, like she had done so many times before.
things had been..going slowly for whisperblaze. his kits were growing older, all except for cedarkit were out of the nursery now, old enough to not need milk so whisper could stay with him. cedar liked to call him a king instead of a queen, it was cute. but he felt grief at the same time. a long time ago, his first litter had been with a molly in thunderclan. he hadnt even gotten to meet them until it was rumored that they were dead. what life he couldve had with them, if he had brought them with him when he returned to riverclan. he still thought about it to this day. how could he not - it was kits that he loved, adored, that tumbledrop would sneak to the border and tell him about. he didnt even get t meet them, he didnt even get to see them! all he got were descriptions. they were unquie, so uquine that they reminded their mother of a sun setting, rpeaking, and rising. you couldve seen them from a mile away, tumbledrop would tell him, that theyve got the prettiest markings on their heads.

whisperblaze could on wish to meet them. he still ot this day checked gatherings, checked thunderclan as they walked passed them when leaving. checked borders. but to no avail, they had seen no cats with a speacial forehead marking is his own kits. they must be beautiful. it wasnt that he wasnt happy with the kits that he had now, he was starting to grow a little family with russet. but his mind always wondered at night, if his kits were looking over him.

he slipped out of the nursery, shaking his pelt of bugs that cedarkit might've put in the thread. that boy sure loved his bugs. but whisper would always deal with them because he knew that they made him happy. whisper was getting older, soon, he would be retiring to the elders den with his mate after he raised cedarkit to an apprentice age. he had seen any things in his life, and maybe it was time for some rest. he hummed as the breeze made way through his fur, closing his eyes for a moment in bliss. opening them, he was left..smittien.

there, was a shecat he hadnt expected to be seeing. the molly fit all the descriptions tumbledrop had given him. and one of them, dear! one of them as a sun looking marking farther down in their face. i think ill name them settingkit. it wasnt the cat he exsactly pictured, but that image had been formed so long ago, replaced by a new one, of this molly sitting in the clearing. was she settingkit? she didnt look like a kit anymore..perhaspe settingpaw..

he approached her. he had to. taking slow, hesitant steps forward, bright blue eyes eyed the what he assumed apprentice. "Are you..," he paused, "are you settingpaw?"
Old June 7th, 2018, 01:22 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The Tuxedo tom didn’t really take notice of which direction this conversation seemed to be going. Pleasantpaw typically didn’t like to make judgments on anything without waiting a bit and checking that he was sure. He didn’t like to be wrong. Not just because it lowered his self-esteem a little, but it could really cost his energy and safety at times, such as when he was hunting. He usually waited to pounce even after his mentor had told him to jump because he wanted to get his positioning and technique perfect. Usually he caught the prey anyway, which was the reason why he could hold his head up and continue hunting his own way.
“Sassy? Me?” Pleasantpaw repeated, raising his eyebrows in genuine surprise. Sassy? Him? What on earth was this she-cat thinking? He wasn’t sassy! He was….confident. Okay, so maybe he was sassy, but sassy didn’t sound nice to him. It just wasn’t a word that he wanted to use to describe him. “No no, I think you are mistaken. I am not sassy, just a little more confident than the average cat,” he declared, emphasising the ‘little’ to show that he was not sassy and super confident (even though he was).
Being Fallenstar’s brother hardly boosted his ego. Yes, it did make him feel important but it wasn’t the reason for his high self-esteem. He was naturally arrogant.

Huh, so she wasn’t a total newbie. She had joined when Russetstar was still leader, and that was at least a couple of moons ago. How had he been so blind as to not notice her? Then again, why would he want to notice her when he could notice himself? He cocked his head to the side curiously. It seemed that the apprentice had a lot more to her than he thought. Unnamed and sassy she-cat: Came when Russetstar was leader and had no friends so she came here in hopes of some he thought, placing the mental note along with all the other mental notes about his clanmates. He didn't yet know what she was called so he left her title as 'unnamed and sassy'. “What about your family? What happened to them? Did you leave them? Did they leave you?” he asked, the questions pouring out of his mouth. Normally, Pleasantpaw would be a lot more subtle about finding out information, but this time he hadn’t bothered. This time he was having a conversation with a cat, rather than watching from a distance so he might as well be obvious.

A “little” more confident? Great Starclan where do these cats come from? Settingpaw wanted to continue to argue on the subject, but she felt that at that moment, it might just be best to let him believe that she thought he was “a little confident.” Settingpaw truly knew that his arrogance stretched beyond that though. Even in the first few moments of meeting him, she could tell. “Alright, minuscule amount above the average amount confidence, got it.” She purposely used larger words, extending her sentence to something that ‘sounded’ more sophisticated, though it really was her just poking more fun at him. She often did this a lot, extended her sentences to more than what they needed to be, just because she felt like it. And also because there were those few cats she knew she could confuse with large words and complex ways of speaking. She wasn’t sure quite yet if this tom was one of those cats.

Settingpaw kept silent as the tuxedo tomcat cocked his head, seemingly studying her. She watched back with intense blue eyes, opening her mouth to say something right as questions started to pour out of his muzzle. Settingpaw blinked, taking a moment to take in these questions. She then narrowed her eyes slightly, though a smile played on her face. “I’ll add in nosy along with sassy. Just my list of words to describe you.” She meowed, shrugging her shoulders. She didn’t really want to answer those questions, her family background had always been difficult. And she wasn’t sure if she wanted to give out the information that she was half-clan to this particular tomcat. She wasn’t sure yet if she could trust him.
“Well, my father is a Riverclan warrior, and the rest of my family are all... gone. No one really knows what happened to them.” Not completely a lie. More like just bending around the truth. She knew what happened to to her mother and one of her brothers, but she didn’t want to talk about it. Not to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
things had been..going slowly for whisperblaze. his kits were growing older, all except for cedarkit were out of the nursery now, old enough to not need milk so whisper could stay with him. cedar liked to call him a king instead of a queen, it was cute. but he felt grief at the same time. a long time ago, his first litter had been with a molly in thunderclan. he hadnt even gotten to meet them until it was rumored that they were dead. what life he couldve had with them, if he had brought them with him when he returned to riverclan. he still thought about it to this day. how could he not - it was kits that he loved, adored, that tumbledrop would sneak to the border and tell him about. he didnt even get t meet them, he didnt even get to see them! all he got were descriptions. they were unquie, so uquine that they reminded their mother of a sun setting, rpeaking, and rising. you couldve seen them from a mile away, tumbledrop would tell him, that theyve got the prettiest markings on their heads.

whisperblaze could on wish to meet them. he still ot this day checked gatherings, checked thunderclan as they walked passed them when leaving. checked borders. but to no avail, they had seen no cats with a speacial forehead marking is his own kits. they must be beautiful. it wasnt that he wasnt happy with the kits that he had now, he was starting to grow a little family with russet. but his mind always wondered at night, if his kits were looking over him.

he slipped out of the nursery, shaking his pelt of bugs that cedarkit might've put in the thread. that boy sure loved his bugs. but whisper would always deal with them because he knew that they made him happy. whisper was getting older, soon, he would be retiring to the elders den with his mate after he raised cedarkit to an apprentice age. he had seen any things in his life, and maybe it was time for some rest. he hummed as the breeze made way through his fur, closing his eyes for a moment in bliss. opening them, he was left..smittien.

there, was a shecat he hadnt expected to be seeing. the molly fit all the descriptions tumbledrop had given him. and one of them, dear! one of them as a sun looking marking farther down in their face. i think ill name them settingkit. it wasnt the cat he exsactly pictured, but that image had been formed so long ago, replaced by a new one, of this molly sitting in the clearing. was she settingkit? she didnt look like a kit anymore..perhaspe settingpaw..

he approached her. he had to. taking slow, hesitant steps forward, bright blue eyes eyed the what he assumed apprentice. "Are you..," he paused, "are you settingpaw?"

Settingpaw heard pawsteps behind her, and unfamiliar scent making its way to her nose. She twitched an ear gently as she slowly turned her head to look over her shoulder, curiosity keeping her from staying still. What her eyes took in was a gray tomcat, a lot older than her and most certainly had had plenty of moons living. But what really caught her attention was his bright blue eyes, almost the exact shade of blue as her own. She wasn’t sure if she should suspect instantly that this was her father, Whisperblaze. Sure, he fit all the description her mother had given her. Well, what she remembered from it.

Blinking slowly, she hardly heard the question he asked, her mind was reeling and working full power, trying to find some way to prove to herself that this tomcat was her father. She wasn’t even sure if she wanted him to be or not. She didn’t even know him. Yet her mind was already trying to find a reason for why he hadn’t approached her earlier. Why she’s hadn’t found him as soon as she reached Riverclan. She had so many questions she wanted to ask, so many accusations that she wanted to spit out.
But all that came were five simple words.
A response and a question of her own.

“Yes. And are you Whisperblaze?

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:53 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Skykit peered across the clearing her blue eyes shining excitedly. 'Maybe Cactuskit will want to play,' she thought just as she spotted the tom from where she stood by the nursery. Her eyes lit up as she bounded over to greet him. '' Hi Cactuskit, do you want to play? ''
@CactusHeart

Last edited by Leopardblaze; June 7th, 2018 at 11:54 PM.
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:57 PM
I don’t feel so good...

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post
Skykit peered across the clearing her blue eyes shining excitedly. 'Maybe Cactuskit will want to play,' she thought just as she spotted the tom from where she stood by the nursery. Her eyes lit up as she bounded over to greet him. '' Hi Cactuskit, do you want to play? ''
@CactusHeart
“Hey SkyKit!” He purred, happy to see his friend, “What do you want to play?” He looked around to find something to play with.
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusHeart View Post
“Hey SkyKit!” He purred, happy to see his friend, “What do you want to play?” He looked around to find something to play with.
Skykit glanced around seeing a butterfly fluttering past the two kits."We can catch that butterfly," she meowed angling her ears towards the blue butterfly, crouching down before jumping up her paws swiping through the air just below the butterfly. "Or we can find something else to do, " Skykit meowed glancing back at Cactuskit to see what he wanted to do.
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:07 AM
I don’t feel so good...

Quote:

Skykit glanced around seeing a butterfly fluttering past the two kits."We can catch that butterfly," she meowed angling her ears towards the blue butterfly, crouching down before jumping up her paws swiping through the air just below the butterfly. "Or we can find something else to do, " Skykit meowed glancing back at Cactuskit to see what he wanted to do.
“What if we snuck to the river!” He whispered so nobody would hear, “Then catch a fish!” He was proud that he came up with a great idea like that.
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusHeart View Post
“What if we snuck to the river!” He whispered so nobody would hear, “Then catch a fish!” He was proud that he came up with a great idea like that.
Skykit smiled, nodding before looking around to make sure no one has heard. "That's a great idea! "She purred quietly excitement making her fur rise." Let's go, "she meowed looking at Cactuskit so he could lead the way. The thought of catching a fish on their own made her excitement only grow.
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:13 AM
I don’t feel so good...

Quote:
Skykit smiled, nodding before looking around to make sure no one has heard. "That's a great idea! "She purred quietly excitement making her fur rise." Let's go, "she meowed looking at Cactuskit so he could lead the way. The thought of catching a fish on their own made her excitement only grow.
CactusKit quickly sprinted off. (RiverClan territory?)