Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by silver.
Today 07:53 AM
Willow art please?
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:50 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 07:33 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Fritter
Today 06:14 AM
[RC kit & young app event]...
by Foxine
Last post by Bean
Today 06:03 AM

Old November 29th, 2023, 09:22 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: don't plz
My Mood: Fine

Default Finn and the C.M.C. { p }

~~ C.M.C. (Computer Management Core) - Female - Robot Core ~~
-- Looks exactly like Wheatley but with a purple eye and a robotic arm, plus an antenna on her head to help her connect to the system easier. --

{ @sock }

It was a normal day for C.M.C.. She zoomed around the facility, eye focused on in front of her, her robotic arm flexed as well as her handles as she rode around the the track she was stuck too. There were rumors that she was gonna be put on a special track that can change to the walls and floors, that would be cool. Wait, what was she doing? Oh, right. She didn't have anything to do right now.

C.M.C. went around, talking to the various robots she found, but soon got bored. She went into the little box in her track and stayed there, resting her eye...
Old November 29th, 2023, 09:42 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Finn and the C.M.C. { p }

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintbubble. View Post
~~ C.M.C. (Computer Management Core) - Female - Robot Core ~~
-- Looks exactly like Wheatley but with a purple eye and a robotic arm, plus an antenna on her head to help her connect to the system easier. --

{ @sock }

It was a normal day for C.M.C.. She zoomed around the facility, eye focused on in front of her, her robotic arm flexed as well as her handles as she rode around the the track she was stuck too. There were rumors that she was gonna be put on a special track that can change to the walls and floors, that would be cool. Wait, what was she doing? Oh, right. She didn't have anything to do right now.

C.M.C. went around, talking to the various robots she found, but soon got bored. She went into the little box in her track and stayed there, resting her eye...
Finnigan's favorite place to be was the Human Containment branch of the facility. As he slid along his management rail, he made sure to keep his gaze to the left, where all the cells were. Sometimes he'd find a flickering computer screen up in the room where an old human used to make sure humans stayed in cryosleep that showed security camera footage from many years ago. It usually was just a sad human sleeping, but it was still so fascinating! The way their chests rose and fell with each life-giving breath, the way their eyelids fluttered even when unconscious - they were always moving!

Finn stared up at the hanging containers, which looked like something you'd find on a cargo ship. They were swinging ever so slightly for a reason he couldn't quite decide - perhaps there was a draft - above the vast nothingness below. He didn't quite know how far down the facility went, but he knew it must be very deep. So deep, in fact, that even in his eternal simulated life, he would never truly see it all.

Even then, it still amazed him that a bunch of humans created this. Silly humans with silly ideas and silly problems, who always seemed to create silly temporary solutions - like the Personality Cores - to their silly problems. The dust and lint that drifted through the air obstructed his vision as it settled on his optic, and he blinked to restore it.

After GLaDOS had powered down, the self-cleaning aspect of the facility had gone dormant as well. So now it was overrun with weeds, dirt, vines, and other odd things that seemed to want to reclaim Aperture Laboratories back to nature. It was clear that Mother Nature hadn't merely knocked on the door - she'd come in, sat down, and made herself a cup of tea.

The Relaxation Center was undamaged. The testing tracks, meanwhile, were not so lucky.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old November 29th, 2023, 09:54 AM
error in the code

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock View Post
Finnigan's favorite place to be was the Human Containment branch of the facility. As he slid along his management rail, he made sure to keep his gaze to the left, where all the cells were. Sometimes he'd find a flickering computer screen up in the room where an old human used to make sure humans stayed in cryosleep that showed security camera footage from many years ago. It usually was just a sad human sleeping, but it was still so fascinating! The way their chests rose and fell with each life-giving breath, the way their eyelids fluttered even when unconscious - they were always moving!

Finn stared up at the hanging containers, which looked like something you'd find on a cargo ship. They were swinging ever so slightly for a reason he couldn't quite decide - perhaps there was a draft - above the vast nothingness below. He didn't quite know how far down the facility went, but he knew it must be very deep. So deep, in fact, that even in his eternal simulated life, he would never truly see it all.

Even then, it still amazed him that a bunch of humans created this. Silly humans with silly ideas and silly problems, who always seemed to create silly temporary solutions - like the Personality Cores - to their silly problems. The dust and lint that drifted through the air obstructed his vision as it settled on his optic, and he blinked to restore it.

After GLaDOS had powered down, the self-cleaning aspect of the facility had gone dormant as well. So now it was overrun with weeds, dirt, vines, and other odd things that seemed to want to reclaim Aperture Laboratories back to nature. It was clear that Mother Nature hadn't merely knocked on the door - she'd come in, sat down, and made herself a cup of tea.

The Relaxation Center was undamaged. The testing tracks, meanwhile, were not so lucky.
C.M.C. had missed the humans. Her job of virus hacking thing has disappeared when they disappeared. The cameras barely worked. It was boring. And the track she had to ride on had her confined to simply a few hallways and little rooms, thanks to broken tracks. And soon she won't be able to move at all. If the Vines and greenery attach themselves to her.

Coming back out, she started her boring old thing of looking around and moving on the few track she had left. Why did they go? What happened? And why can't I contact GLaDOS anymore? C.M.C. was unaware that GLaDOS was dead, she had been too busy with other things to care. She wasn't sure if anyone else, as in other robots were still working. Mainly she found powered off robots. And it freaked her out to think that she would be like that one day.

Taking those feelings off her, she went back to the hallway that she knew was connected to the main track network. Staring into the hallway that she couldn't continue going down, she paced slightly by that part of the track before making more rounds where she could. Then she put herself back into the box and looked at the cameras. Or, the cameras that still worked.
Old November 29th, 2023, 12:29 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

Quote:

C.M.C. had missed the humans. Her job of virus hacking thing has disappeared when they disappeared. The cameras barely worked. It was boring. And the track she had to ride on had her confined to simply a few hallways and little rooms, thanks to broken tracks. And soon she won't be able to move at all. If the Vines and greenery attach themselves to her.

Coming back out, she started her boring old thing of looking around and moving on the few track she had left. Why did they go? What happened? And why can't I contact GLaDOS anymore? C.M.C. was unaware that GLaDOS was dead, she had been too busy with other things to care. She wasn't sure if anyone else, as in other robots were still working. Mainly she found powered off robots. And it freaked her out to think that she would be like that one day.

Taking those feelings off her, she went back to the hallway that she knew was connected to the main track network. Staring into the hallway that she couldn't continue going down, she paced slightly by that part of the track before making more rounds where she could. Then she put herself back into the box and looked at the cameras. Or, the cameras that still worked.
Finnigan strolled past the Relaxation Centre, casting the golden light of his optic into the darkness. Something echoed in the distance, and he paused to listen. Probably just
a fallen beam, he told himself, but it sounded more like... music. Music! Another one of the humans' dazzling inventions. He strained his audio processor, trying to decipher the quiet echoes.

He knew it could be either one of two things: The turrets, which would sometimes sing despite their violent nature, or a stray radio that had been left in a forgotten corner, occupied by a human who had quite an artistic talent, in Finn's opinion.

In the end he couldn't figure it out, and huffed a useless - and nonexistent - breath as he continued on his endless journey along his rail.

Old November 29th, 2023, 12:42 PM
error in the code

Quote:
Finnigan strolled past the Relaxation Centre, casting the golden light of his optic into the darkness. Something echoed in the distance, and he paused to listen. Probably just
a fallen beam, he told himself, but it sounded more like... music. Music! Another one of the humans' dazzling inventions. He strained his audio processor, trying to decipher the quiet echoes.

He knew it could be either one of two things: The turrets, which would sometimes sing despite their violent nature, or a stray radio that had been left in a forgotten corner, occupied by a human who had quite an artistic talent, in Finn's opinion.

In the end he couldn't figure it out, and huffed a useless - and nonexistent - breath as he continued on his endless journey along his rail.
C.M.C. heard something. She went through the cameras that worked and spotted another robot zooming around on a rail. 'What the...' She wasn't the only core still working?

She kept this new core on the cameras as much as she could until she lost their place and gave up, getting out of her box and leaving the cameras. She did hear some kind of melody. It reminded her of the system's music. Maybe she could...

No, that-

Wheels. Something clicking. Something was close. And it sounded like it was riding a rail.. was it the same core she saw on the cameras? She raced to every dead end of her rail and kept doing it just in case.
Old November 29th, 2023, 12:49 PM
don't eat me

Quote:

C.M.C. heard something. She went through the cameras that worked and spotted another robot zooming around on a rail. 'What the...' She wasn't the only core still working?

She kept this new core on the cameras as much as she could until she lost their place and gave up, getting out of her box and leaving the cameras. She did hear some kind of melody. It reminded her of the system's music. Maybe she could...

No, that-

Wheels. Something clicking. Something was close. And it sounded like it was riding a rail.. was it the same core she saw on the cameras? She raced to every dead end of her rail and kept doing it just in case.
As Finnegan flew along his rail, he noticed another just beside it. Actually, there were a ton of Management Rails back here - how had he never noticed it before? He raised his handles in a way that he knew imitated a human's confused expression. He'd spent a lot of time studying any bit of human information he could find - books, drawings, security footage, anything - and had always found joy in trying to recreate all of the diverse expressions they could make.

He spun around, casting a golden glow on the rusty rails. A few had greenery growing along them, and some had rusted completely through, sending large distances of them into the bluish murk below. Luckily, his was untouched - he tended to zip along it a lot, keeping his rail mostly free of debris.

Old November 29th, 2023, 12:50 PM
error in the code

Quote:
As Finnegan flew along his rail, he noticed another just beside it. Actually, there were a ton of Management Rails back here - how had he never noticed it before? He raised his handles in a way that he knew imitated a human's confused expression. He'd spent a lot of time studying any bit of human information he could find - books, drawings, security footage, anything - and had always found joy in trying to recreate all of the diverse expressions they could make.

He spun around, casting a golden glow on the rusty rails. A few had greenery growing along them, and some had rusted completely through, sending large distances of them into the bluish murk below. Luckily, his was untouched - he tended to zip along it a lot, keeping his rail mostly free of debris.
C.M.C. decided to try and speak when she spotted golden rays on a far-off track from her view in the hallway. She knew it wasn't the sun's rays. They didn't shine down here. Her purple eye lit up more to try and cast a shadow.

"Hello?"
Old November 29th, 2023, 01:04 PM
don't eat me

Quote:

C.M.C. decided to try and speak when she spotted golden rays on a far-off track from her view in the hallway. She knew it wasn't the sun's rays. They didn't shine down here. Her purple eye lit up more to try and cast a shadow.

"Hello?"
A voice startled him, and sent a yelp of surprise from his verbal processor. "Oh! Uhm, hello? Someone there?" The words tumbled clumsily, and he found himself a bit nervous. After all, it had been a while since he'd spoken to another robot. Sure, once he'd spoken to a core with an odd accent and a skill for rambling, but he'd been a bit of a dolt, that one.

Old November 29th, 2023, 01:26 PM
error in the code

Quote:
A voice startled him, and sent a yelp of surprise from his verbal processor. "Oh! Uhm, hello? Someone there?" The words tumbled clumsily, and he found himself a bit nervous. After all, it had been a while since he'd spoken to another robot. Sure, once he'd spoken to a core with an odd accent and a skill for rambling, but he'd been a bit of a dolt, that one.
(WHEATLEY?!!!)

(also sorry for short post)

*C.M.C. spoke back*

"Hello? Can you get closer or as close as you can on your rail?"
Old November 29th, 2023, 01:29 PM
don't eat me

Quote:

(WHEATLEY?!!!)

(also sorry for short post)

*C.M.C. spoke back*

"Hello? Can you get closer or as close as you can on your rail?"
(yes lmao XD)

"Oh! Yeah, okay!" Finnegan called in response, finding his way across his rail and towards where he thought the echo was coming from.