Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:09 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM

Old October 1st, 2023, 06:11 PM
sheriff wolf

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default the death note [p]

death note contains heavy themes of morality, nihilism, non-graphic murder and manipulation. everything will be handled according to wco guidelines.

@haunted peach

grey was the colour of the ashen sky. further than the eye could see stretched rolling hills of ash, sand and bone.
clink, a skull-headed shinigami, osor threw down some of the small bones in his hand, "and thats all i've got. another round?" he shifted his gaze towards the tall man-thing looming at this dune's peak who staring out over the far reaches of the realm, "maybe ryuk would care to join us, this time?"
"if he hasn't lost another death note," the other shinigami gambling with osor snorted.

ryuk, not very amused by this (though nothing here was very amusing, which is exactly why he had lost his last note) did not respond at first. he stepped over past the pair.
"you know me too well," his tone was dry of humor, "i dropped another death note."
"surely you know where,"
"oh, yes. i know where. . ."

the human realm.

---

the mid-evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. as with any prep-school, the courtyard was desolate while the current classes rolled on- about fifteen minutes until the last bell, a small movement slid through the courtyard. a flicker of black. it landed flat on the grass a ways off from the yard's paths, face up. half of the book- (which's title was illegible from this far) was lit with the glimmering sunlight, making the matte black cover pop. the other half melded with the courtyard's long shadows.
a notebook.
a simple, random notebook.
from where had it come?

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"You think my job is easy? You try keeping a bunch of Fables from killing each other. How do you think this all works? By being big and being bad."
Old October 1st, 2023, 06:45 PM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: the death note [p]

Everything this school gave him was far too easy, every menial task was less tedious than he needed. Light let out a soft sigh as he looked out the window. Even English class, which is apparently one of the harder languages to learn, was too easy. So easy in fact he had zoned out, noticing a black blur fall. At first he thought it was some sort of scavenger bird, like some sort of Crow, but he saw pages rattling in the wind. What the hell?

How did a notebook just randomly fall? He looked to see if there was some sort of plane but there was nothing. Not even a single bird in the sky. Was this an omen?
Paired with the falling of a notebook?

...gami... Yagami!

The teacher saying his name snapped him out of his thought process. He was asking Light to translate such a menial sentence? How boring. Light stood up and translated the sentence. And far too long afterward, the bell rang. He got up from his desk and walked to where he saw the notebook fall. Hoping no one else decided to take it. "Death Note... huh?" He murmured to himself when he neared the black cover.

Bending down to pick up the book her flipped onto the first page. "The Human Whose name is written in this notebook... shall die?" He murmured, chuckling softly at such an elaborate prank. Well, it's as good a notebook as any.

- @redshiftreign

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.
Old October 7th, 2023, 08:25 PM
sheriff wolf

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

stairs.
if ryuk could have a word with whoever decided that the way to the human world would be stairs, he'd had most likely written their name in his death note(though, realistically, it was someone as equally immortal as he who had done this. seriously, humans had elevators- why not gods?) he did not have the human vices such as exhaustion or stamina, but he was dreadfully bored. at least, by the time he got there, hopefully a human would have found his note and begun to kill- whatever awaited him could not possibly be worse than the shinigami realm.

. . .

meanwhile, life carried on down where humans fester. like a horrible disease; liars, thieves, and killers the lot of them; they had grown to reach nearly every place on earth. no place was any better for it, either.
the notebook, most likely a morbid joke, was just one example of the scum of humanity. their darkest desires, deepest wants and needs, personified like a beautiful metaphor within one simple notebook.
people were motivated by two simple things: fear and hate. history would show this to be true.
the notebook was not unlike chain junk emails with fake curses, as it appealed to one of those two things. however, while the emails appealed to fear, this appealed to hate.
it posed the question: if you had a 100% chance to get away with it, would you kill someone? it left the answer unsaid.
no one- except maybe the very few truly good people left -would say no to that. humans were just that simple.

the cover was smooth, and cold as death. it had a sort of waxy texture. each page was laid out in a format that seemed quite efficient for what the book supposedly meant to do. on the right of the margin, a small box for a name, and to the left occupying the rest of the page was a long empty line for excess information.
whoever made this joke put a lot of thought into it. all those detailed rules. . .

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"You think my job is easy? You try keeping a bunch of Fables from killing each other. How do you think this all works? By being big and being bad."
Old November 24th, 2023, 03:39 PM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

✍ Yagami ✍

Unbeknownst to him, there was a God on his side. He had written notes in the notebook, like any sensible person, and a few names of some criminals he wanted to keep tabs on for studies. Oddly enough, however, everyone he wrote down was found dead either that day or the day after, how... strange? Their cause of death was also listed as "heart attack". Perhaps the notebook was real, after all, the inside of the cover held the words;

If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack

Perhaps it was best to.. test it out. That's what he did, but he couldn't... not without seeing it, anyone could have a heart attack at any time! Kurou Otoharada just... had a very unfortunate timing of a heart attack! Second Test, he was pummeling someone, Light had simply overheard his name, Takuo Shibuimaru... he confirmed it.. but.. how was he the one who stumbled upon it? He killed someone... so many people...

But the world... it was rotten, was he not thinking that before? I've killed two people "I've killed... two people... me... What do I do... get rid of the notebook? No... I did the world a favor by killing... them... This world is a rotten mess. It really needs to be cleaned up." He had been muttering to himself in the alleyway, away from people, away from everyone.

Hundred of names have been written, spanning only five days

- @redshiftreign

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.