Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 12:21 PM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:14 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:13 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:12 PM

Old April 30th, 2020, 09:13 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: Herondive Hollow

When they reached the border, Flintfreckle looked at his apprentice for any signs of hurt or other emotions. Seeing none, Flintfreckle wasn’t sure if he should feel relieved or confused; it was good for cats to have emotions, but loyalty to another clan was dangerous. Yet, Flintfreckle was slightly disturbed at the fact he saw neither, or something different. Frostpaw’s voice brought him out of his thoughts and he glanced back at his apprentice as he drank the scents of the forest in deeply. Flintfreckle could smell everything he noted, and he nodded, pride sparking his pelt and his eyes. He smiled warmly at his apprentice. “Good job.” His voice was kind of husky and he cleared it as quietly as he could. He breathed in a little and the sharp tang of fresh prey wafted to meet it. Flintfreckle dipped his head. “Please do.” He meowed, facial features even. He wanted to see what Frostpaw could do and this would be a great way for the apprentice to show it.

( @bmkmb )

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old April 30th, 2020, 09:54 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

There was something in his mentor's voice that Frostpaw couldn't quite identify. It reminded him vaguely of how Lion's voice would get quiet all of a sudden or of how Raven's would get a bit squeaky... he knew that it wasn't the same, but it seemed be caused by similar things. So was it a memory? Had he said something wrong again? Frostpaw kept his face blank, even in the moment of confusion, although he felt a bit better at the praise.

At Flintfreckle's request, the white apprentice dipped his head slightly in acknowledgement, then turned around and padded off in the direction of the prey. He kept his steps light, barely making any noise, if any at all, as he allowed the scent of a vole to filter into his nose. As a former ThunderClanner, hunting mammals was a bit easier for him than going after reptiles or amphibians, do he decided to showcase that first. Focusing in on the musky scent of swamp vole, Frostpaw continued onwards, only to stop when a small breeze kicked up. With a frown, the apprentice repositioned himself so that the wind was blowing against him - that way it would disguise his scent. He crouched down in a hunters' crouch and stared a couple of ferns from his position beside a bush. If we was assuming correctly, the vole would be scurrying his way right about... now! With a quick push from his back legs, Frostpaw pounced at the bewildered prey-animal, then ended its life with a swift bite to the back of its neck. It didn't even get a chance to run.

The white apprentice exhaled in quiet relief. That had been a nice kill - most of them weren't nearly as simple. The vole could've run the other way and Frostpaw would've failed at his demonstration. With a wary glance at his surroundings, the apprentice dug a small hole to temporarily bury the vole in, then looked around again. He was half expecting Flintfreckle to show up out of nowhere and surprise him, but if he'd have to track down his mentor, that was also okay, although Frostpaw had assumed that the speckled cat would be watching him.

@Ombre Party
Have a wonderful day!
Old May 1st, 2020, 09:44 AM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Flintfreckle was sure he was looking at him weirdly. But then again, Flintfreckle though he might be looking weirdly at him too. His eyes flicked up from his paws where they had strayed and towards his apprentice’s sudden dip of his head. Or maybe it hadn’t been sudden. Maybe Flintfreckle’s peripheral vision caught it while he stared at the ground. Flintfreckle watched the white tom crouch down and began to stalk away, watching him disappear before realizing he was too follow. Flintfreckle padded quickly after him, trying to put his paws down softly as he followed quietly behind. Alarmed spiked through the spotted tom; was he going to loose the vole? But the vole when right on munching around and exploring, much to Flintfreckle’s pleasure. He watched Frostpaw shift himself and Flintfreckle followed close behind, giving his apprentice space to hunt without feeling crowded.
“Great catch!” He mewed as the white apprentice sat up expectantly, the vole hanging from his jaws. Flintfreckle pushed himself out of the bush he’d shoved himself into and appeared by Frostpaw’s side, gray eyes flashing with warmth and pride. He let Frostpaw dig a hole and put the fresh kill away so they could pick it up on their way back, watching with pride sparking in his gaze once more. I got an easy apprentice! I don’t even have to teach Frostpaw anything besides borders! He couldn’t help but thinking with an amused twitch of his whiskers. He hoped Frostpaw didn’t notice; Flintfreckle didn’t feel like explaining why he found it funny, especially after the little rift of tension their earlier conversation left. Flintfreckle looked at Frostpaw, his gaze unreadable as he realized he would have to tread carefully with him before they grew a better relationship. Flintfreckle didn’t let him stare to long; it was barely more than a awkward glance. He looked back up at Frostpaw semi-sheepishly. “Do you have any where specific you want to go next? Another border or see if we can hunt some more over here?” He asked with an interested flick of his ear.

( @bmkmb )

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Last edited by Pluto; May 1st, 2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 12:28 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

If Frostpaw noticed the twitch of his mentor's whiskers, he let it slide. The white apprentice was more or less used to the odd reactions he always got from others. A twitch of the whiskers was harmless compared to the accidental swipe with unsheathed claws, anyway. ("Whoops, forgot to retract my claws after hunting," his mentor had said. "And you know how clumsy I am." The words were practically drenched in a silent threat.) Frostpaw allowed himself some pride at the well-placed compliment, noting that it was the first he'd ever gotten from a superior rank. Perhaps his competence had somehow impressed the warrior, or perhaps Flintfreckle was just friendly. No, what was he thinking - it was definitely Flintfreckle being friendly. The speckled warrior was the nicest one he knew, although that didn't mean that Frostpaw doubted his own hunting skills. He knew his strengths and weaknesses. "The other borders," Frostpaw responded curtly. He spoke like that to about everyone. Even Lionpaw had to get used to it once, though only in the beginning. "You should know that I'm not the best at dealing with snakes," Frostpaw informed his mentor. He wasn't very good with fish, either, although he doubted that would matter.

@Ombre Party
Have a wonderful day!
Old May 2nd, 2020, 11:34 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

@Bravekit @Salt
[patrol is over]

Pinepuff stopped at the edge of the border. Everything was quiet. She could taste ShadowClan but from what she could see everything was fine. Ratwhorl never did tell her anything so she guessed he wither was ignoring her or everything was fine. "Alright dearies, Herondive Hollow looks to be fine. Lets head back. Unless you two would like to go train?" The large tabby meowed heading for camp. "I will repost to Duskstar so if you need to train that is perfectly okay." Pinepuff added glancing at the younger cats.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all

Last edited by Fuzzy; May 2nd, 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old May 4th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Floofy cat

My Mood: Crazy

Gleampaw caught up to his mentor, barely. Why so much walking? That was not his strength. He opened his jaws. There were so many weird smells. "What border is this?"
@Quailsong

Old May 4th, 2020, 07:26 PM

My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNight View Post
Gleampaw caught up to his mentor, barely. Why so much walking? That was not his strength. He opened his jaws. There were so many weird smells. "What border is this?"
@Quailsong
“This is the thunderclan border” take in the scent he said “now what does it smell like.” @DarkNight

Last edited by ~dust~; May 4th, 2020 at 07:26 PM.
Old May 4th, 2020, 09:04 PM
Floofy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailsong View Post
“This is the thunderclan border” take in the scent he said “now what does it smell like.” @DarkNight
"Umm, ThunderClan? Isn't that what you just said?"

Old May 4th, 2020, 09:06 PM

My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNight View Post
"Umm, ThunderClan? Isn't that what you just said?"
“Yes” he scowled and said “what does Thunderclan smell like you know how Riverclan smells like fish”
Old May 4th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Floofy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailsong View Post
“Yes” he scowled and said “what does Thunderclan smell like you know how Riverclan smells like fish”
Gleampaw dipped his head in embarrassment. "Oh. They smell like trees? And squirrels? And selfish lizard faces?"