Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:34 AM
Let's Get This Over With...
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 08:45 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat...
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 08:43 AM
Hiatus Question
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 08:24 AM

Old September 30th, 2017, 07:32 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Clover

The inviting scent of herbs swept across the den, stronger than the foul ShadowClan scent and even the fishy RiverClan scent. Outside the den, the sun shone brightly on the earth, and most would expect heat from the vibrant rays. However, nature seemed to have a different idea. A cold wind blew over the camp, not powerful enough to chase the clan cats into their dens, but enough for every feline to fluff out their fur against the breeze. Inside the den, the wind was not very bothersome. The den was a comfortable place to be for Juniperpaw, with the welcoming scent of herbs wrapping around her.

She could recognize a few of the herbs that were tucked securely into the nicks of the wall. Goldenrod was one that caught her eye, as well as burdock root. Juniperpaw smiled proudly as she named the herbs correctly, silently thanking Daypaw for their brief lesson. Head raised high with pride, Juniperpaw mewed to herself in a playfully arrogant tone, ``Well, aren't I amazing?`` An amused purr rumbled in her chest and laughter danced in her innocent green eyes. She sighed after calming down, mumbling through a soft smile, ``Ah, I'm funny.`` She couldn't help but giggle one last time.

Juniperpaw stood in the center of the den, neck swiveling as she looked around. What to do now..? The herbs had already been sorted through - though it was probably best that she didn't take up that duty yet - and she wasn't yet knowledgeable enough on herbs to treat patients - not that there was anyone in the den who required immediate treatment anyways. And she wasn't exactly interested in leaving the den and striking up a conversation with a clanmate or a ShadowClan cat. Instead, Juniperpaw sunk down on her haunches with her back to the entrance and tail curled neatly at her side. In her boredom, she pawed at the ground below her, looked around the den, and even mentally conversed with herself.
Hey Juniperpaw, how's it going?
Going great, Juniperpaw, and you?
Oh you know... same old, same old.
Coolio.
Yep...
Mhm...
Geckoleaf had paused outside the den, mouth filled with herbs, listening to her apprentice mumbling to herself. A smile had stretched through what of her lips would allow, at the words Juniperpaw seemed to quietly sing; saying things like she was amazing, she was funny, etc. This was partially because of her promise to Daypaw; she said she'd open up to Juniperpaw, so now was her chance. Softly, she padded into the den, walking towards the front of her feet, practically silent. Gently, she placed the bundle of strongly scented plants onto the stone floor of the cave, looking over at Juniperpaw.

The pretty mottled molly was sitting facing away from the entrance, staring towards the herb wall seated towards the back of the cave. "Why, Juniperpaw, you are quite amazing- I won't have chosen anyone less so!" she replied with a gentle, genuine tone; she did have to admit that her apprentice had already picked up quite a bit of knowledge from her child, Daypaw. "Now; how about we use that big, beautiful brain of yours, and start training?"

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:45 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Geckoleaf had paused outside the den, mouth filled with herbs, listening to her apprentice mumbling to herself. A smile had stretched through what of her lips would allow, at the words Juniperpaw seemed to quietly sing; saying things like she was amazing, she was funny, etc. This was partially because of her promise to Daypaw; she said she'd open up to Juniperpaw, so now was her chance. Softly, she padded into the den, walking towards the front of her feet, practically silent. Gently, she placed the bundle of strongly scented plants onto the stone floor of the cave, looking over at Juniperpaw.

The pretty mottled molly was sitting facing away from the entrance, staring towards the herb wall seated towards the back of the cave. "Why, Juniperpaw, you are quite amazing- I won't have chosen anyone less so!" she replied with a gentle, genuine tone; she did have to admit that her apprentice had already picked up quite a bit of knowledge from her child, Daypaw. "Now; how about we use that big, beautiful brain of yours, and start training?"
Juniperpaw's neck sharply swiveled at the gentle voice of her own mentor. They were shocked to learn that Geckoleaf had overheard her and knowing this caused her pelt to heat up from her tail-tip to the edges of her ears. She could only laugh nervously in response, launching herself to her paws. She looked down at her paws, smiling shyly. However, she silently agreed with Geckoleaf; yes, I am quite amazing.

When her mentor suggested they began training, Juniperpaw immediately brightened and seemed to forget all about her embarrassment. ``Oh yes please! Daypaw already taught me a little bit like goldenrod and burdock root, but I think I'm ready to learn more.`` Juniperpaw flashed Geckoleaf an eager smile.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:16 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCats View Post
Palegleam sighed with relief as her medicine cat approached, although she was a little reluctant to lean against the smaller cat despite the pain throbbing through her leg. She quickly shifted her weight back to her own three paws as soon as she was close enough to the nest to hobble over and sit down without too much pain. She was modest enough to know that trying to hide her pain wasn't going to help anyone, so she meowed rather bluntly, "I'm honestly not sure. There was an accident when I was escaping the flood, and now there's something wrong with my leg, and there's this pain in my chest."[/I]
Now that Shadowclans back in their territory, could you repost this post there in that medcat den? thank you !
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:33 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:

Juniperpaw's neck sharply swiveled at the gentle voice of her own mentor. They were shocked to learn that Geckoleaf had overheard her and knowing this caused her pelt to heat up from her tail-tip to the edges of her ears. She could only laugh nervously in response, launching herself to her paws. She looked down at her paws, smiling shyly. However, she silently agreed with Geckoleaf; yes, I am quite amazing.

When her mentor suggested they began training, Juniperpaw immediately brightened and seemed to forget all about her embarrassment. ``Oh yes please! Daypaw already taught me a little bit like goldenrod and burdock root, but I think I'm ready to learn more.`` Juniperpaw flashed Geckoleaf an eager smile.
Feeling a pang of longing at the mention of Daypaw, due to ShadowClan have already returned to their territory, Geckoleaf smiled in a slightly melancholy fashion, although she already was dealing better with the separation than she thought she would have. "Alright. Before learning about herbs, we're going to learn about how to clean and treat a basic cut. When anyone comes into the den, you first should automatically look them over; what seems to be wrong? A cough, sneezing, runny eyes, rash, or a gash? After you've identified, or they've told you, you'd treat the ailment appropriately. In this case, we assume a cut. First, have the cat lay down in a way that you can access the scratch; they should be comfortably positioned, with no pressure on the wound. Next, clean it out; you can lick off blood, but don't swallow any. If it's bad, mop up any pus or fluid with ferns or moss; ferns are best because they have antibiotic properties. After, once you learn about the herbs, you'd mix a poultice; if it's just a thorn in a kit's paw or a small cut that didn't bleed much, you can apply mild amounts of cobweb, just wrapped or packed in. With the poultice, you'd chew up the herbs, and apply it to the wound. Put cobwebs on top, and seal with cobwebs. Make sense?" Her lecture was deliberate, slow, and she enunciated properly; but Geckoleaf knew that it was a lot of information, and needed to make sure that Juniperpaw understood it all. The molly was smart, this she understood, but even at a young age Geckoleaf herself had had issues learning, at first.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old October 9th, 2017, 11:12 PM
queeny ♬

@Hexict
For all her hardships, Geckoleaf's life was currently on a slow, yet steady, upswing; she'd gained two apprentices, Daypaw & Juniperpaw, though the former was temporary and already gone. Juniperpaw, on the other side of the river, was a permanent fixture of her life that seemed so constant and stable that it was already simply part of what she viewed as normal.

But, with the happiness there were still drawbacks and symptoms she had to fight through, still; Geckoleaf continued to be emaciated and thin, now more focused on her patients and work than ever. Beyond that, death in any form scared her; although she logically possessed the knowledge she was required to eat something other than strengthening herbs and edible flowers, her emotional side kicked back so hard she found it near impossible to eat. So, now, the flaming orange tabby was emaciated and weak, her ribs and spine easily visible under the skin that sagged and pooled at the bottom of her abdomen. Her face was sunken and hollow; she always looked tired and sick now and felt that way to boot.

Currently, she was slumped in her nest, dozing very lightly, partially lucid, but resting enough that anyone would mistake her for being dead to the world. She had just finished organizing some herbs but hadn't had the energy to put them away, and instead, her body crashed and gave out. Curled up tightly, Geckoleaf looked swamped by the nest around her; though always petite, there had always been a bit of chubbiness to the medicine cat that made her look sleek and round; but now, stripped away, combined with her natural smallness, she looked like an oversized kitten who'd been abandoned on the edge of clan territory. Geckoleaf snored lightly, not dreaming of anything; lately, the nightmares she'd had in both waking and sleeping moments had dissipated, leaving her instead with a smooth sheet of grey darkness in place of any dreams she might have. That was honestly a goal of Geckoleaf's; to have a simple, happy dream. Then she'd know that she'd truly reached a turning point.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:04 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Feeling a pang of longing at the mention of Daypaw, due to ShadowClan have already returned to their territory, Geckoleaf smiled in a slightly melancholy fashion, although she already was dealing better with the separation than she thought she would have. "Alright. Before learning about herbs, we're going to learn about how to clean and treat a basic cut. When anyone comes into the den, you first should automatically look them over; what seems to be wrong? A cough, sneezing, runny eyes, rash, or a gash? After you've identified, or they've told you, you'd treat the ailment appropriately. In this case, we assume a cut. First, have the cat lay down in a way that you can access the scratch; they should be comfortably positioned, with no pressure on the wound. Next, clean it out; you can lick off blood, but don't swallow any. If it's bad, mop up any pus or fluid with ferns or moss; ferns are best because they have antibiotic properties. After, once you learn about the herbs, you'd mix a poultice; if it's just a thorn in a kit's paw or a small cut that didn't bleed much, you can apply mild amounts of cobweb, just wrapped or packed in. With the poultice, you'd chew up the herbs, and apply it to the wound. Put cobwebs on top, and seal with cobwebs. Make sense?" Her lecture was deliberate, slow, and she enunciated properly; but Geckoleaf knew that it was a lot of information, and needed to make sure that Juniperpaw understood it all. The molly was smart, this she understood, but even at a young age Geckoleaf herself had had issues learning, at first.
Juniperpaw often had trouble learning things, though that didn't interfere with her urge to learn. Usually, her urge to learn helped her learn, if that makes any sense. Her interest in something helped her learn even more about that something, because, well, because she wanted to know more about it. However, Juniperpaw could only stand there, looking stupid. Her expression was one of confusion, head tilted slightly to the side as if to further express herself. The young feline's mouth opened and closed multiple times as she tried to say something in response, her eyes narrowed as she struggled to wrap her head around all the information. Finally, she meowed in a bewildered tone, ``So when someone comes into the den, look them over. Find out what's wrong. Er - when I've found out, treat the injury.``

After a brief moment of careful consideration, Juniperpaw continued, ``In the case of a cut, have the cat lay down. But have them lay down so I have access to the cut.`` She paused, trying to remember what Geckoleaf had told her just a few minutes before. She couldn't remember, so she immediately resorted to common sense. ``Clean the cut, right? I think you said I can lick it? Then we add the herbs - I think.`` She nodded absently before meeting her mentor's gaze. ``That sounds about right. Did I do good?``
Old November 11th, 2017, 08:56 AM
i love sussy the bestest

@Charmer

Juniperpaw was currently building her nest, adjusting the moss and reeds to form a more comfortable sleeping area. She'd just gotten rid of Geckoleaf's stale-smelling nest in an attempt to help her recover from the loss of her former mentor. Now, it was only Juniperpaw's nest in the den, besides the nests she'd built for possible patients. However, it seemed most of her clanmates were aware of her lack of herb knowledge and figured they'd do better if they didn't go to her for support. Plus, not many cats accepted her yet as medicine cat. After shifting the nest materials into their proper places, Juniperpaw rocked back on her haunches and simply thought while staring at the nest before her.
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
@Charmer

Juniperpaw was currently building her nest, adjusting the moss and reeds to form a more comfortable sleeping area. She'd just gotten rid of Geckoleaf's stale-smelling nest in an attempt to help her recover from the loss of her former mentor. Now, it was only Juniperpaw's nest in the den, besides the nests she'd built for possible patients. However, it seemed most of her clanmates were aware of her lack of herb knowledge and figured they'd do better if they didn't go to her for support. Plus, not many cats accepted her yet as medicine cat. After shifting the nest materials into their proper places, Juniperpaw rocked back on her haunches and simply thought while staring at the nest before her.
@Leo the Loke

Perchkit hadn't felt right today. In truth, he hadn't felt right yesterday, or the day before that either. But there had been butterflies to chase and wrestling to do with his siblings, and he had been sure it would just go away. But this morning, the bellyache had been so much worse. It was so bad, in fact, that he'd woken up crying. It was all his mother needed to march him right over to the medicine den. The little tabby tom was scared to go, not wanting to be poked and prodded by another cat, but his mom had told him that Juniperpaw was a special kind of warrior who knew how to help him feel better, so he agreed to go. His belly was aching terribly now just from the short walk from the nursery, and he wanted so badly to lie down. Tears were welling in his eyes as he took in the den. It looked soft and dry, and there was another cat in there too, not too much older than him, and with pretty gold patches on her pelt. "My belly really hurts," the little kit whimpered, sinking to the den floor, and glancing up at his mother for reassurance.

Old November 11th, 2017, 10:33 AM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Leo the Loke

Perchkit hadn't felt right today. In truth, he hadn't felt right yesterday, or the day before that either. But there had been butterflies to chase and wrestling to do with his siblings, and he had been sure it would just go away. But this morning, the bellyache had been so much worse. It was so bad, in fact, that he'd woken up crying. It was all his mother needed to march him right over to the medicine den. The little tabby tom was scared to go, not wanting to be poked and prodded by another cat, but his mom had told him that Juniperpaw was a special kind of warrior who knew how to help him feel better, so he agreed to go. His belly was aching terribly now just from the short walk from the nursery, and he wanted so badly to lie down. Tears were welling in his eyes as he took in the den. It looked soft and dry, and there was another cat in there too, not too much older than him, and with pretty gold patches on her pelt. "My belly really hurts," the little kit whimpered, sinking to the den floor, and glancing up at his mother for reassurance.
Hollydawn nuzzled her son reassuringly and whispered,"shhhhh everything will be fine," though she wasn't so sure, she hoped none of it showed in her voice. She looked at the medicine cat awaiting the answer to what was wrong with Perchkit.
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:51 AM
i love sussy the bestest

@Charmer @Leo the Loke

Juniperpaw was quickly on her paws, whipping around at the sound of the plants forming the den entrance rustle. She found herself facing a young kit she recognized as Perchkit, and who she assumed was his mother - what was it...? Holly... Hollydawn! Yes, thats it. Her gaze was drawn to the young kit before her, and she adopted a sympathetic expression as he claimed his stomach hurt. Juniperpaw didn't even acknowledge the mother whose worry seemed to radiate off her in waves. She was focused intently on Perchkit, her patient, who had just sunk to the floor, tears lining his eyes. He was obviously in pain.

The young medicine cat who was practically a kit herself lowered her head until she was level with the tom. ``Hello, kit. I'm Juniperpaw, and I'm going to help you get better, okay?`` In all honesty, Juniperpaw didn't know what to do. This was her first patient, and she had only the basic knowledge of herbs. The kit didn't seem to be injured on the outside, based off what he claimed and what Juniperpaw saw. It was a stomach issue, she knew that much, but she didn't know of any herbs that would be of much use for the poor kit.

She didn't feel comfortable moving the tom, so she instead let him lie where he was, and then Juniperpaw went with her instincts. ``Could you roll over for me? So I could get to your stomach? I'm going to just press gently on your belly, alright? Tell me when it hurts?`` Juniperpaw moved to the kits' flank, closer to Hollydawn who hovered nearby. She didn't even look at the awaiting mother, who would probably soon be very upset with Juniperpaw. Carefully, the apprentice brought her paws to the kit's side and began to press her toes to the kit's belly. She searched for hardness or anything that wasn't normal, and she listened for whenever Perchkit may claim pain. She was only doing what she thought Geckoleaf might've done.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; November 11th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.