Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Sweet Nightmares... [P]
by Tiabirb
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 09:01 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 08:55 AM
Windflowerpaw Finder
by nyx
Last post by Starphobia
Today 08:49 AM
How's your pfp?
Last post by the kitty
Today 08:40 AM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:25 AM

Old January 12th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Not thyme," the medicine cat assured the young apprentice. "It's very safe." His bigger concern was the sheer amount of poppy seeds he'd given her earlier. It was higher than usual. Much higher because he needed the apprentice to sleep through the pain of losing an entire body part. And now looking at her, she seemed groggy. Normally when he gave the seeds, cats woke up looking fairly rested. Was it even safe for her to sleep after taking that many? The medicine cat tried not to show the agony he was in as his mind raced.
Gorsepaw nodded, her question answered. The two cats- medicine cat and his patient- stayed silent for a little bit, and eventually sent the apprentice to sleep.

This time the tabby dreamed about war- from the past and future. The last major one involving all the clans was at the gathering about one or more moons ago. Halite, the then Dusk Syndicate commander, had barged into seastones and ordered their cats to attack. There was also conflict between WindClan and ThunderClan of course. That'll be the next thing. GorsePaw hadn't heard much about the battles for a long time. The only word that had spread around camp was that ShadowClan had picked a side. Which? Gorsepaw couldn't remember. She had also heard word-not a lot-of a patrol skirmish between WindClan and ThunderClan at the border. It's all going down hill...what if the clans are destroyed forever? We can't live like this...fighting over everything...we should live in harmony...but I know that's not always the case...
The brown tabby she-cat drifted further into sleep but there were no dreams, just black, black and silence. So much silence. Time passed quickly and hours-or minuites, maybe moons, she couldn't tell- went by in heartbeats. Heartbeats...my heart beats...my heart still beats! I'm alive! I'm alive!

Gorsepaw woke as a breeze ruffled her fur. Suddenly, all her energy came back and she shot up excitedly. "I'm alive!" The Molly yowled triumphantly. Then she looked back at her tail. It was like the little fluffy tails that Rabbits had. Gorsepaw leaped from her best and started hopping around the medicine den, hyper and ecstatic. "ShineFang!" She called "what do you think? I feel so much better! Do you reckon I could leave soon? Or maybe today?"
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:52 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Shinefang felt the younger cat flush against him, warm against his pelt. She seemed so small. Too small to be confronting these hard lessons. He thought of his daughters, who he never got to raise because the foxhearts of Starclan had snatched them before they could even take their first breath. Not for the first time, he wondered if he would have been a good father. He saw the younger cat's face seem to sink with despair. Had he been too harsh? No. He had only told her the truth. Better she hear it from him than wonder if she was the only cat moons and moons later who still carried the ache. In a rare moment of affection, Shinefang wrapped his tail around the apprentice and brought her closer, putting a paw on her shoulder. "Oh Junebug. It gets easier. And you'll get stronger too," the old tom gaze a chuckle. "You're already so strong." There was sincerity in his eye, and a warmth rarely seen beneath his gruff exterior.
Receiving such a comment from Shinefang filled Juniperpaw's heart with warmth. He believes in me. When she first became Geckoleaf's apprentice a majority of her clanmates looked down on her for replacing the former medicine cat apprentice. She had been an outcast among her clanmates - not even Geckoleaf or Russetstar could look at her without being reminded of the former apprentice. And Daydream, who was best friends with Cricketpaw, must also have difficulty looking at Juniperpaw without thinking of their deceased friend. Shinefang was the only one who hadn't known Cricketpaw and therefore couldn't judge her in that area. Juniperpaw looked up at the older tomcat and saw genuineness that had her spilling everything. In a raspy tone, the upset RiverClan member admitted, ``It's so hard, Shinefang! Geckoleaf disappeared, and so did Cloversplash, my mother. My half-brother is obsessing over some hard-headed tom and non-stop talks about him, so it's not like I could go to him for support. And my other half-brother hates me! He doesn't like that I'm `daddy's little girl` and I have the rank I have. My dad's grieving, and I can't burden him with even more issues. My first two patients - the first cats I treated! - I had to kill! The first was a young kit who had internal injuries I couldn't heal. The second was an elderly warrior who also had internal injuries. I had to feed them deathberries and watch them die because I didn't know what to do! The poor kit's family was there... The warrior knew she would die... Will it get easier? Will it really?``
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw nodded, her question answered. The two cats- medicine cat and his patient- stayed silent for a little bit, and eventually sent the apprentice to sleep.

This time the tabby dreamed about war- from the past and future. The last major one involving all the clans was at the gathering about one or more moons ago. Halite, the then Dusk Syndicate commander, had barged into seastones and ordered their cats to attack. There was also conflict between WindClan and ThunderClan of course. That'll be the next thing. GorsePaw hadn't heard much about the battles for a long time. The only word that had spread around camp was that ShadowClan had picked a side. Which? Gorsepaw couldn't remember. She had also heard word-not a lot-of a patrol skirmish between WindClan and ThunderClan at the border. It's all going down hill...what if the clans are destroyed forever? We can't live like this...fighting over everything...we should live in harmony...but I know that's not always the case...
The brown tabby she-cat drifted further into sleep but there were no dreams, just black, black and silence. So much silence. Time passed quickly and hours-or minuites, maybe moons, she couldn't tell- went by in heartbeats. Heartbeats...my heart beats...my heart still beats! I'm alive! I'm alive!

Gorsepaw woke as a breeze ruffled her fur. Suddenly, all her energy came back and she shot up excitedly. "I'm alive!" The Molly yowled triumphantly. Then she looked back at her tail. It was like the little fluffy tails that Rabbits had. Gorsepaw leaped from her best and started hopping around the medicine den, hyper and ecstatic. "ShineFang!" She called "what do you think? I feel so much better! Do you reckon I could leave soon? Or maybe today?"
Shinefang watched in silence as Gorsepaw finished her herbs and drifted back to sleep again. She looked much like her remembered Acornpaw looking when he'd taken the poppy seeds. Peaceful. Quite. So sure that the medicine cat had to be right when he said he was going to be ok. With his patient sound asleep, he went back to his work. He organized his herbs, checked in on the queens, and collected thistle from a patch just outside of camp. He never stayed away for long, and checked on the apprentice often to make sure she was was still breathing. When night came, he slept, and when morning came, he woke and Gorsepaw was still sound asleep. He went to his herb wall and picked up some of the red poppy flowers he'd set out to dry, and gently tapped them against a beech leaf to make a packet. He was just in the process of carefully folding a full one when a voice suddenly rang out. "Foxdung!" the old tom exclaimed in surprise, accidentally knocking the leaf and scattering the tiny seeds. "Wha- oh Gorsepaw." He listened as the little shecat jabbered on asking if she could leave the medicine den that day. Recovering himself, he gave a small amused snort and padded over to check her tail. "How about we see how you're healing is going first," he remarked. Peeling away the sticky cobwebs, he could see that the bleeding had stopped for now, but the end up the tail stump was still red and a bit swollen. "Not just yet," he replied shortly. "You're healing well, but you're not quite past the risk of infections. I know it's hard to wait, but keep in mind, you just had a really risky procedure. You lost a lot of blood and your body is going to need all the help it can get to heal." Grabbing a fresh swatch of cowbebs and some comfrey and chervil, he added, "Still, I would say you feeling better is a good sign. Are you hungry?"

Old January 13th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Receiving such a comment from Shinefang filled Juniperpaw's heart with warmth. He believes in me. When she first became Geckoleaf's apprentice a majority of her clanmates looked down on her for replacing the former medicine cat apprentice. She had been an outcast among her clanmates - not even Geckoleaf or Russetstar could look at her without being reminded of the former apprentice. And Daydream, who was best friends with Cricketpaw, must also have difficulty looking at Juniperpaw without thinking of their deceased friend. Shinefang was the only one who hadn't known Cricketpaw and therefore couldn't judge her in that area. Juniperpaw looked up at the older tomcat and saw genuineness that had her spilling everything. In a raspy tone, the upset RiverClan member admitted, ``It's so hard, Shinefang! Geckoleaf disappeared, and so did Cloversplash, my mother. My half-brother is obsessing over some hard-headed tom and non-stop talks about him, so it's not like I could go to him for support. And my other half-brother hates me! He doesn't like that I'm `daddy's little girl` and I have the rank I have. My dad's grieving, and I can't burden him with even more issues. My first two patients - the first cats I treated! - I had to kill! The first was a young kit who had internal injuries I couldn't heal. The second was an elderly warrior who also had internal injuries. I had to feed them deathberries and watch them die because I didn't know what to do! The poor kit's family was there... The warrior knew she would die... Will it get easier? Will it really?``
Kits and their drama, Shinefang thought to himself as he nodded along while Juniper described her various half-siblings and their feelings, fighting not to let his eye glaze over. But he couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Juniperpaw and her lost parents. It had been moons and moons since he lost his own, and it still stung. "I'm sorry about your mother. I know how much it hurt to lose her. I think I already told you the story of how I lost mine and my eye in the same day... which come to think of it was worse than today. So I guess I'm moving up in the world if you think about it," he said wryly. "Your father just needs time. He'll heal." He knew a thing or two about parents neglecting their kits for their own grieve. Even now, bitter anger simmered within him. He may have been an apprentice, but that didn't mean he didn't still need his mother. "As for the rest of your family, they'll come around. You'll see."

And to watch kits and elders die... to feed them deathberries. At least he'd been lucky in that respect in his short career as a medicine cat, but he had seen cats suffer too long who couldn't be healed. "I hope you're not blaming yourself for that, Junebug. You could be the greatest medicine cat the clans had ever seen and still lose patients. It's not that you're only an apprentice, it's that you're only a cat. I may be hurting after losing Acornpaw, but I know you don't think less of me for it. Sometimes cats die. All you I'm not saying it will someday not bother you at all when you lose a cat, and frankly, it should bother you a little. It's only a sign that you care. It's why you're a medicine cat in the first place. And for every cat you lose, you'll save many many more." Shinefang used the tip of his tail to playfully tap the end of the medicine cat apprentice's nose. "So chin up, little Junebug."

Old January 13th, 2018, 03:40 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Charmer
Beespirit frantically entered the den holding a stick in his jaw to drag Logpaw in and keep him close,” Stay in the den Logpaw, and Don’t eat anything, okay?” He instructed before shuffling to Shinefang,” I want to know, is Logpaw playing mousebrained, or does he have a mental illness. He plays with his stick instead of other apprentices, and despite the fact that his kin are going to be warriors in a moon, he still can’t hunt, let alone properly defend himself.” He asked seriously.

Logpaw wandered around the den carrying the stick,” Stickpaw, now listen to me, pretend I’m grumpy old Beespirit- who claims he’s only twenty-seven moons old. Stay in the den and don’t eat anything.” He tossed the stick on a pile of leaves nearby, the weren’t herbs just scraps that had been swept upwhen Shinefang cleaned his den,” Stickpaw! I told you not to eat the herbs.” He scolded playfully rolling over onto his back with the stick in his jaw wriggling before getting up wandering around with the stick still on the pile of scraps.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; January 13th, 2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
@Charmer
Beespirit frantically entered the den holding a stick in his jaw to drag Logpaw in and keep him close,” Stay in the den Logpaw, and Don’t eat anything, okay?” He instructed before shuffling to Shinefang,” I want to know, is Logpaw playing mousebrained, or does he have a mental illness. He plays with his stick instead of other apprentices, and despite the fact that his kin are going to be warriors in a moon, he still can’t hunt, let alone properly defend himself.” He asked seriously.

Logpaw wandered around the den carrying the stick,” Stickpaw, now listen to me, pretend I’m grumpy old Beespirit- who claims he’s only twenty-seven moons old. Stay in the den and don’t eat anything.” He tossed the stick on a pile of leaves nearby, the weren’t herbs just scraps that had been swept upwhen Shinefang cleaned his den,” Stickpaw! I told you not to eat the herbs.” He scolded playfully rolling over onto his back with the stick in his jaw wriggling before getting up wandering around with the stick still on the pile of scraps.
Shinefang had just finished changing Gorsepaw's cobwebs again. When he had heard the sound of cats entering his den, he had hurried over to receive his new patients and check them for injuries. He hadn't expected this, whatever it was. He watched as the apprentice talked to and playfully rolled around with a stick, chastising it like a parent and mimicking what this tom had said. "Beespirit, right?" Shinefang asked, keeping his eye on the younger cat. "Are you this tom's mentor? Father?" Maybe it was Shinefang's age, but for the life of him, he couldn't seem to remember how each clan member related to one another. Maybe it was just his age.

Old January 13th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Falling In

Quote:
Shinefang watched in silence as Gorsepaw finished her herbs and drifted back to sleep again. She looked much like her remembered Acornpaw looking when he'd taken the poppy seeds. Peaceful. Quite. So sure that the medicine cat had to be right when he said he was going to be ok. With his patient sound asleep, he went back to his work. He organized his herbs, checked in on the queens, and collected thistle from a patch just outside of camp. He never stayed away for long, and checked on the apprentice often to make sure she was was still breathing. When night came, he slept, and when morning came, he woke and Gorsepaw was still sound asleep. He went to his herb wall and picked up some of the red poppy flowers he'd set out to dry, and gently tapped them against a beech leaf to make a packet. He was just in the process of carefully folding a full one when a voice suddenly rang out. "Foxdung!" the old tom exclaimed in surprise, accidentally knocking the leaf and scattering the tiny seeds. "Wha- oh Gorsepaw." He listened as the little shecat jabbered on asking if she could leave the medicine den that day. Recovering himself, he gave a small amused snort and padded over to check her tail. "How about we see how you're healing is going first," he remarked. Peeling away the sticky cobwebs, he could see that the bleeding had stopped for now, but the end up the tail stump was still red and a bit swollen. "Not just yet," he replied shortly. "You're healing well, but you're not quite past the risk of infections. I know it's hard to wait, but keep in mind, you just had a really risky procedure. You lost a lot of blood and your body is going to need all the help it can get to heal." Grabbing a fresh swatch of cowbebs and some comfrey and chervil, he added, "Still, I would say you feeling better is a good sign. Are you hungry?"
At first Gorsepaw was disappointed and frustrated that after all she had been through she still had to sit here and wait for another few days. But of course, she understood ShineFang's reasons completely. "Actually, yeah I am. I haven't eaten in ages cause I've been so asleep. Just a little mouse or shrew will do though. I don't have a big appetite just yet." The tabby mewed. "Since I'm staying here for a few days more and I don't want to sit around and sleep...is there anything I can help you with?"
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
At first Gorsepaw was disappointed and frustrated that after all she had been through she still had to sit here and wait for another few days. But of course, she understood ShineFang's reasons completely. "Actually, yeah I am. I haven't eaten in ages cause I've been so asleep. Just a little mouse or shrew will do though. I don't have a big appetite just yet." The tabby mewed. "Since I'm staying here for a few days more and I don't want to sit around and sleep...is there anything I can help you with?"
As much as Shinefang knew the apprentice wouldn't be happy with the longer stay in the medicine den, he'd take their momentary unhappiness over the risk of infection and death. He was sure the apprentice would agree. "Sure, I'll fetch you something." Looking around for something the apprentice cure help with, it did take him long to settle on something that he'd been neglecting. "Eh, why not. The bit of herbs and fur on the floor is starting to get a little out of control. Mind sweeping it into a pile? Maybe into that corner there." He said, pointing near the mouth of the den before going out to fetch a piece of freshkill for his apprentice.

Old January 14th, 2018, 03:22 AM
Falling In

Quote:
As much as Shinefang knew the apprentice wouldn't be happy with the longer stay in the medicine den, he'd take their momentary unhappiness over the risk of infection and death. He was sure the apprentice would agree. "Sure, I'll fetch you something." Looking around for something the apprentice cure help with, it did take him long to settle on something that he'd been neglecting. "Eh, why not. The bit of herbs and fur on the floor is starting to get a little out of control. Mind sweeping it into a pile? Maybe into that corner there." He said, pointing near the mouth of the den before going out to fetch a piece of freshkill for his apprentice.
Gorsepaw nodded then looked at the floor in disgust as ShineFang left. This isn't what I wanted! I thought I was gonna sort herbs or chew them into poultices...but I guess that's all the work of an apprentice...ugh...it's always apprentices isn't it? The apprentice began sweeping All the dirt into a pile in a corner of the den. GorsePaw became angry about what had happened to her, and it wasn't her tail. "Every cat always gets a mentor, whether they're nice or not. Then just when I get a mentor he goes and decides clan life isn't for him! What a selfish...weak...whatever, he wasn't that smart or strong anyway." The tabby screeched her thoughts out loud. ShineFang made her jump when he entered the den with some prey. "All done and cleared up!" The Molly faked a smile.
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:57 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:

Kits and their drama,
Shinefang thought to himself as he nodded along while Juniper described her various half-siblings and their feelings, fighting not to let his eye glaze over. But he couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Juniperpaw and her lost parents. It had been moons and moons since he lost his own, and it still stung. "I'm sorry about your mother. I know how much it hurt to lose her. I think I already told you the story of how I lost mine and my eye in the same day... which come to think of it was worse than today. So I guess I'm moving up in the world if you think about it," he said wryly. "Your father just needs time. He'll heal." He knew a thing or two about parents neglecting their kits for their own grieve. Even now, bitter anger simmered within him. He may have been an apprentice, but that didn't mean he didn't still need his mother. "As for the rest of your family, they'll come around. You'll see."

And to watch kits and elders die... to feed them deathberries. At least he'd been lucky in that respect in his short career as a medicine cat, but he had seen cats suffer too long who couldn't be healed. "I hope you're not blaming yourself for that, Junebug. You could be the greatest medicine cat the clans had ever seen and still lose patients. It's not that you're only an apprentice, it's that you're only a cat. I may be hurting after losing Acornpaw, but I know you don't think less of me for it. Sometimes cats die. All you I'm not saying it will someday not bother you at all when you lose a cat, and frankly, it should bother you a little. It's only a sign that you care. It's why you're a medicine cat in the first place. And for every cat you lose, you'll save many many more." Shinefang used the tip of his tail to playfully tap the end of the medicine cat apprentice's nose. "So chin up, little Junebug."
Juniperpaw smiled up at Shinefang, though it was quite a halfhearted curl of her lips. She was still grieving the loss of the innocent patients, and the disappearances of her mentor and mother. The worst part of them disappearing was that she didn't know if they were alive or dead. Were they alive but suffering? Were they dead and at peace? Or were they alive and happy? There were so many possibilities, but Juniperpaw didn't know which one was true. And she didn't know why either. Why did they disappear? Did they leave willingly? Were they forced? Did Juniperpaw do something to chase them away? She remembered being on negative terms with Geckoleaf, and she also remembered how strained her relationship with her mother became once she earned her apprentice name.

``Okay, Shinefang, I'll keep my chin up. I like to think I'm already pretty good at that,`` Juniperpaw noted, purring softly in response to her self-compliment. Even though the elderly tomcat's words were very much appreciated Juniperpaw didn't find they eased her guilt and sadness by too much. However, it wouldn't stop her from trying to convince Shinefang he'd done well. ``Thank you, really.`` She rose to her paws and slid in front of the yellow tom. Juniperpaw looked up at him shyly, her paws shuffling nervously on the ground. ``I admire you very much, Shinefang; you're my role model and so much more. I don't know what I'd do without you.``

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 14th, 2018 at 01:58 PM.