Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
quillpaw's training [p]
Last post by Mica
Today 08:20 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Foxine
Today 08:19 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Ladiebugg
Today 08:18 PM
Foxine's Character Shop
by Foxine
Last post by Starphobia
Today 08:17 PM
Silverpaw Curse (Once I...
by Foxine
Last post by Foxine
Today 08:13 PM

Old January 27th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"I have that sort of affect on cats, ive learned." they replied, voice much quieter when shinefang pointed out the sleeping apprentices in his den. it felt weird. teaching a cat older than you something new. daydream wasnt young anymore, but they were still up there. they were also, next to surgestorm, one of the few that were fully trained in their profession. and seeing as ebonymist hadnt stayed long enough to share her knowledge, daydream had to fill in the gaps. they didnt mind though, they didnt want shinefang to feel like they did when training. they didnt have a mentor, a few teachings from northpath and that was it. everything else was self taught through dangerous trail. so to spare a few lives and hassel, daydream was here. even if they complained and mumbled to themselves the entire way here about how cold it was compared to their short fur, or how long the damn walk was. deep down, they really didnt care.

"Im here to train you on a few things."

Shinefang blinked at the Shadowclan medicine cat in surprise. "Mousedung on foxdung, maybe you actually do read minds," he murmured. "I would appreciate that. I'm doing the best I can here, but..." he shot a glance at the apprentices to make sure they were both still sleeping, "I can only do so much with just my memories from getting hurt and patched up. Here, let me show you what I'm working on now." With a wave of his tail, he signaled for Daydream to follow him deeper into his den and padded closer to one of the sleeping shecats. "This is Gorsepaw," he told the Shadowclan cat quietly, "She came in with a broken tail. I honestly didn't think it was that serious and put some comfrey on it but asked her to stay the night to be safe. Then in the middle of the night, her tail started to stink like crowfood. I figured the tail must have died somehow, but she seemed fine. I told her the tail would have to be removed, gave her enough poppy seeds and willowbark to numb her up and knock her out, and had to chew it off while she slept. I was amazed she didn't wake up. She lost a lot of blood and I used well over half my cobwebs trying to keep her from bleeding. She seems to be doing well now. Very active. I mostly have her here now because her tail stump is still covered in scabs and I don't want her tempted to do anything to cause more bleeding. Plus, I'm putting cervil on it at least twice a day. I put Comfrey on it too, but I don't know if it's doing much... I only knew it was good for bones." His explanation finished, he looked at Daydream. "That's what's gone on so far. No tell me how I botched it. I have no doubt something about that was wrong." Shinefang was not a cat with delicate feelings, and he was ready to learn from his mistakes.

Old January 27th, 2018, 06:38 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang blinked at the Shadowclan medicine cat in surprise. "Mousedung on foxdung, maybe you actually do read minds," he murmured. "I would appreciate that. I'm doing the best I can here, but..." he shot a glance at the apprentices to make sure they were both still sleeping, "I can only do so much with just my memories from getting hurt and patched up. Here, let me show you what I'm working on now." With a wave of his tail, he signaled for Daydream to follow him deeper into his den and padded closer to one of the sleeping shecats. "This is Gorsepaw," he told the Shadowclan cat quietly, "She came in with a broken tail. I honestly didn't think it was that serious and put some comfrey on it but asked her to stay the night to be safe. Then in the middle of the night, her tail started to stink like crowfood. I figured the tail must have died somehow, but she seemed fine. I told her the tail would have to be removed, gave her enough poppy seeds and willowbark to numb her up and knock her out, and had to chew it off while she slept. I was amazed she didn't wake up. She lost a lot of blood and I used well over half my cobwebs trying to keep her from bleeding. She seems to be doing well now. Very active. I mostly have her here now because her tail stump is still covered in scabs and I don't want her tempted to do anything to cause more bleeding. Plus, I'm putting cervil on it at least twice a day. I put Comfrey on it too, but I don't know if it's doing much... I only knew it was good for bones." His explanation finished, he looked at Daydream. "That's what's gone on so far. No tell me how I botched it. I have no doubt something about that was wrong." Shinefang was not a cat with delicate feelings, and he was ready to learn from his mistakes.
daydream followed inside the den, small pawsteps as to not wake the other cats sleeping. they listened, ears perked as they made their way closer to gorsepaw, taking a small sniff from her tail. "When a wound is stinking it is most likely from infection, as that has the strongest scent. with proper treatment there could have been a chance to save the tail, but the recovery process wouldve taken long, as tails dont have thick tissue and nerve endings like the rest of us does, there for they are more prone to infection and can come off easily. if you catch an infection, or more like start smelling something, an ointment is the best way to go." they commented, taking a brief look at the scabs. "Right now, since youve taken off part of the tail, youve also taken off part of the cats bone. so keeping these scabs clean until it turns into rough scar tissue is important." daydream may acted like a moody teenager with their mouth sometimes, but they were passionate about their work, and took it seriously, having photographic memory and having the knowledge of herbs on the spot. "For right now, youll want to use broom. they look like small, budded yellow flowers and only grow in shrubs, youll mistake them for weeds. also comfry root is good. its used to sooth wounds and for joints, which youll need since the tail needs to repair from the bone and its bone marrow you just took off. other wise use golden rob to prevent infection, and take all of the herbs i mentioned and chew them into a pulp, mix in some cob nuts to make it into an ointment, itll look like a thick paste, then apply it to the tail. do not use cobwebs on the tail, as cobwebs can cause infection since they were on the dirt ground and everything. use thick leaves instead to keep the ointment in place and protect wounds."
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw chuckled then curled up and closed her eyes. The apprentice shuffled round, trying to get comfortable. After what seemed like seasons, Gorsepaw opened her eyes and stared at the bloody sky and it's orange sunset. Ugh, I can't sleep...maybe... She silently complained. Gorsepaw was planning on playing a bit or doing some activity to tire her out. The Molly pulled some moss from her bedding and rolled it into a little ball. She simply rolled it around in her brown paws for a while then kicked it so it hit the walls of the den. Eventually, the tabby ended up practicing her stalking and hunting. Gorsepaw knew she wasn't allowed to do apprentice duties but she just couldn't help herself. The apprentice yawned then stopped and decided to rest her head on the moss, finally drifting off to sleep.

When she woke up the next morning, Gorsepaw remembered what she was doing with the moss and saw it with her own yellow-green eyes. The ball had completely fallen apart now, a large chunk missing from the apprentice's nest. The floor was dusty but the worst of all, there were some herbs strewn on the ground. Letting out a little gasp, the she-cat raced over and started gathering them up and putting them into piles based on appearance and scent. Once all of them had been sorted, she looked for some empty gaps in the rock and shove them inside in panic. When she heard Cats stirring, she slumped back into her best and pretended to sleep.
(He has a dead brother named Gorsefur, so here's a little heart attack for Gorsepaw)

Shinefang's whisker's twitched as he felt movement in the den around him, he raised his head, light and images danced across his blurred vision in an awkward jumble as things swirled into focus. He recognized the woven walls of the apprentices' den, and heard a small shuffling sound. The golden-furred tom groaned, agitated. "Gorsepaw, will you shut up and sleep already!" He blinked as the blurry form of his brother mouthed something. He didn't bother to listen. "Cry about her somewhere else!" he spat, "She's the one who didn't eat the catmint!" He was sitting up now, his fur standing on end, as he snarled at his littermate. How many times would that have to have this conversation!? If there mother had cared about them, she would have stayed alive. She obviously hadn't cared. Why should they? "Grow up!" he shouted. All at once, the woven walls of the apprentice den snapped out of reality and Shinefang found himself sounded by stone. His eye was wide with confusion as he took in the scene, and it took a moment for it all to come back to him. That was a dream. He probably should have guessed that when he noticed it smelled like the old territory. "Huh," he said to himself, half intrigued, half bewildered by the fact he had actually stood up in his sleep. A quick glance told him that Gorespaw and Stingpaw were still in their nest, so he settled back down. He didn't sleep though. He stared out the den entrance at the red sky, not a thought in his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Beespirit smiled at Logpaw,” Grab the stick and go help the elder’s, see if you can do it fast enough the elder’s can’t start a story, think of it as a challenge.” He meowed ignoring the fact that that was impossible, it might keep him on task anyhow.

Logpaw ran out of the den full speed still slightly upset that the cat who he had decided was his first cat-friend named Shinefang shooed him away.
As the mentor and apprentice pair left, Shinefang breathed a sigh, grateful for the silence of his den. "What a life," he muttered to himself as he returned to his herbs.

Old January 27th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
daydream followed inside the den, small pawsteps as to not wake the other cats sleeping. they listened, ears perked as they made their way closer to gorsepaw, taking a small sniff from her tail. "When a wound is stinking it is most likely from infection, as that has the strongest scent. with proper treatment there could have been a chance to save the tail, but the recovery process wouldve taken long, as tails dont have thick tissue and nerve endings like the rest of us does, there for they are more prone to infection and can come off easily. if you catch an infection, or more like start smelling something, an ointment is the best way to go." they commented, taking a brief look at the scabs. "Right now, since youve taken off part of the tail, youve also taken off part of the cats bone. so keeping these scabs clean until it turns into rough scar tissue is important." daydream may acted like a moody teenager with their mouth sometimes, but they were passionate about their work, and took it seriously, having photographic memory and having the knowledge of herbs on the spot. "For right now, youll want to use broom. they look like small, budded yellow flowers and only grow in shrubs, youll mistake them for weeds. also comfry root is good. its used to sooth wounds and for joints, which youll need since the tail needs to repair from the bone and its bone marrow you just took off. other wise use golden rob to prevent infection, and take all of the herbs i mentioned and chew them into a pulp, mix in some cob nuts to make it into an ointment, itll look like a thick paste, then apply it to the tail. do not use cobwebs on the tail, as cobwebs can cause infection since they were on the dirt ground and everything. use thick leaves instead to keep the ointment in place and protect wounds."
Shinefang quietly took in what the medicine cat was saying, doing his best to retain it all. It wasn't as if he'd be able to pop over and ask Daydream if he forgot something. Sickness in the pit of his stomach roiled as he heard what he had feared. Gorsepaw hadn't needed to lose her tail after all. He had acted rashly and panicked and the apprentice would bear the mark of his mistake for the rest of her life . "Broom? Lucky me then," he said sullenly, trying to move on with the lesson. There wasn't anything he could do about Gorsepaw's tail now. It was gone. Best he could do now is learn enough not to cripple another cat. "I actually managed to get a bunch before the cold hit," He said, padding to his herb stores to show Daydream. He pointed at the large bushel of broom. "I didn't know what it was for to be honest. Only that it was an herb. What does it do exactly? And which of these was daisy leaves? I never did figure that out."

Old January 28th, 2018, 01:24 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
(He has a dead brother named Gorsefur, so here's a little heart attack for Gorsepaw)

Shinefang's whisker's twitched as he felt movement in the den around him, he raised his head, light and images danced across his blurred vision in an awkward jumble as things swirled into focus. He recognized the woven walls of the apprentices' den, and heard a small shuffling sound. The golden-furred tom groaned, agitated. "Gorsepaw, will you shut up and sleep already!" He blinked as the blurry form of his brother mouthed something. He didn't bother to listen. "Cry about her somewhere else!" he spat, "She's the one who didn't eat the catmint!" He was sitting up now, his fur standing on end, as he snarled at his littermate. How many times would that have to have this conversation!? If there mother had cared about them, she would have stayed alive. She obviously hadn't cared. Why should they? "Grow up!" he shouted. All at once, the woven walls of the apprentice den snapped out of reality and Shinefang found himself sounded by stone. His eye was wide with confusion as he took in the scene, and it took a moment for it all to come back to him. That was a dream. He probably should have guessed that when he noticed it smelled like the old territory. "Huh," he said to himself, half intrigued, half bewildered by the fact he had actually stood up in his sleep. A quick glance told him that Gorespaw and Stingpaw were still in their nest, so he settled back down. He didn't sleep though. He stared out the den entrance at the red sky, not a thought in his head.

As the mentor and apprentice pair left, Shinefang breathed a sigh, grateful for the silence of his den. "What a life," he muttered to himself as he returned to his herbs.
Gorsepaw opened one eye to look around as she heard movement and saw ShineFang staring out at the blue-pink Sky as Dawn approached and the sun came up. She faked a yawn, stretched then stood up. "Hey Shinefang." She mewed simply and innocently. "I think I'm okay now. Can I leave the den today?" The tabby mewed walking over to the entrance then stopping and turning back to the old Tom.
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw opened one eye to look around as she heard movement and saw ShineFang staring out at the blue-pink Sky as Dawn approached and the sun came up. She faked a yawn, stretched then stood up. "Hey Shinefang." She mewed simply and innocently. "I think I'm okay now. Can I leave the den today?" The tabby mewed walking over to the entrance then stopping and turning back to the old Tom.
Shinefang looked at Gorsepaw with confusion in his eyes before it really sunk in what she was asking. "Uh... Yes, maybe. Let me have a look at that tail first." The old tom made his way over and peeled back the webs. The tail was still scabby, but there was no scent of infection. "Yeah, you can go back to the apprentice den today, but you still can't return to your apprentice duties. You still have scabs. We need to see that turn to scar tissue. You won't need webs anymore though." Shinefang made his way to his herb shelf and grabbed the goldenrod, broom, and comfrey like Daydream suggested and chewed them up, and placed then in one of the cobnut shells they had pointed out to made the ointment. Shinefang couldn't look at Gorsepaw as he made the mixture. When Daydream had stopped by the other day while Gorsepaw was sleeping, he'd learned something that would haunt him: Gorsepaw likely didn't need to have her tail removed at all. He had overreacted at the smell of infection and gone too far. She'd bear the mark of his incompetence for the rest of her life because of him. Taking the cobnut shell in his teeth, he padded over and applied the balm to the stump. "You'll have to come back twice a day to get it looked at for a while. No leaving camp under any circumstances," he said without looking at her. "Now off you go."

Old January 28th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Shinefang looked at Gorsepaw with confusion in his eyes before it really sunk in what she was asking. "Uh... Yes, maybe. Let me have a look at that tail first." The old tom made his way over and peeled back the webs. The tail was still scabby, but there was no scent of infection. "Yeah, you can go back to the apprentice den today, but you still can't return to your apprentice duties. You still have scabs. We need to see that turn to scar tissue. You won't need webs anymore though." Shinefang made his way to his herb shelf and grabbed the goldenrod, broom, and comfrey like Daydream suggested and chewed them up, and placed then in one of the cobnut shells they had pointed out to made the ointment. Shinefang couldn't look at Gorsepaw as he made the mixture. When Daydream had stopped by the other day while Gorsepaw was sleeping, he'd learned something that would haunt him: Gorsepaw likely didn't need to have her tail removed at all. He had overreacted at the smell of infection and gone too far. She'd bear the mark of his incompetence for the rest of her life because of him. Taking the cobnut shell in his teeth, he padded over and applied the balm to the stump. "You'll have to come back twice a day to get it looked at for a while. No leaving camp under any circumstances," he said without looking at her. "Now off you go."
Gorsepaw puffed out her chest and marched out of the medicine den proudly, ready to show off her "battle scars" to any passing warrior. I know I lost my tail as a result of my carelessness but...I will use this experience as a lesson...now I can go get me a mentor! The tabby apprentice felt like a completely different cat. She felt more confident and proud of how she was. I wish all cats could feel like I do right now. But you never truly appreciate yourself until something like this happens. She got a few steps outside of the den and hesitated before racing across the clearing and into the apprentice den to look for her siblings.
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:25 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Shinefang quietly took in what the medicine cat was saying, doing his best to retain it all. It wasn't as if he'd be able to pop over and ask Daydream if he forgot something. Sickness in the pit of his stomach roiled as he heard what he had feared. Gorsepaw hadn't needed to lose her tail after all. He had acted rashly and panicked and the apprentice would bear the mark of his mistake for the rest of her life . "Broom? Lucky me then," he said sullenly, trying to move on with the lesson. There wasn't anything he could do about Gorsepaw's tail now. It was gone. Best he could do now is learn enough not to cripple another cat. "I actually managed to get a bunch before the cold hit," He said, padding to his herb stores to show Daydream. He pointed at the large bushel of broom. "I didn't know what it was for to be honest. Only that it was an herb. What does it do exactly? And which of these was daisy leaves? I never did figure that out."
"Good for you, its a very useful herb." they commented. they were glad atleast some cat was useful with their time. daydream on the other hand hadnt had much time between everything to collect herbs, and grew irritated with their leader, goldenstar, for going into battle anyway despite daydream warning them about not having many herbs until new leaf. he was asking cats to die.

"These are daisy leaves." they padded over to a spot in the den,"they have longer leaves, and they have ridged, almost spiky looking edges. its unique for a flower, which is what sets them apart." they explained, "they are good for aching joints and are a good traveling herb to travel long distances, its also good to eat these before doing major excersize, like battles for instance.
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
"Good for you, its a very useful herb." they commented. they were glad atleast some cat was useful with their time. daydream on the other hand hadnt had much time between everything to collect herbs, and grew irritated with their leader, goldenstar, for going into battle anyway despite daydream warning them about not having many herbs until new leaf. he was asking cats to die.

"These are daisy leaves." they padded over to a spot in the den,"they have longer leaves, and they have ridged, almost spiky looking edges. its unique for a flower, which is what sets them apart." they explained, "they are good for aching joints and are a good traveling herb to travel long distances, its also good to eat these before doing major excersize, like battles for instance.
Shinefang looked at the leaves that Daydream had indicated, squinting to get a better look at them in the lower light of the den. "Oh I see," he said, recognizing the leaf now that he was picturing the large white flowers with a single large stamen at their center. "I'm glad I know that now. My joints were bothering me more and more as the weather got colder. Then I had one of those dreams and some sparkling foxheart grouched at me to eat willowbark. He said he was an old Shadowclan medicine cat actually. Thunderhowl. Anyway, it's been working well." Shinefang peered at his herb shelf again. "Now which of these is good for bellyache? I had lots of things send me to the medicine den as a younger cat, but oddly, bellyache wasn't one of them."

Last edited by Charmer; January 29th, 2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:43 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Shinefang looked at the leaves that Daydream had indicated, squinting to get a better look at them in the lower light of the den. "Oh I see," he said, recognizing the leaf now that he was picturing the large white flowers with a single large stamen at their center. "I'm glad I know that now. My joints were bothering me more and more as the weather got colder. Then I had one of those dreams and some sparkling foxheart grouched at me to eat willowbark. He said he was an old Shadowclan medicine cat actually. Thunderhowl. Anyway, it's been working well." Shinefang peered at his herb shelf again. "Now which of these is good for bellyache? I had lots of things send me to the medicine den as a younger cat, but oddly, bellyache wasn't one of them."
"Chervil is good for belly aches and also for treating infected wounds, theyre also good for kitting to ease the pain of a queen. its a multipurpose herb and is pretty valuabe and common. it looks alot like fern, but the leaves themselves are more spiked on the ridges and spread apart. its easy to get them mixed up though. the one way to also tell them apart is their scent, they smell sweet, almost like honey and can sometimes have white flowers in new leaf." they explained clearly from memory. "Its more commonly found in forest like territories, so like yours or thunderclan, and sometimes shadowclan. you want to chew them to get the juice out of the leaves and spit that juice into the wound or have the patient swallow it."