Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Plotfinder - Searching...
Last post by Tallstar
Today 10:26 PM
The Forest Roars
Last post by Eden
Today 10:25 PM
let me wrap my teeth...
by Omari
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:10 PM
Ambushing a Hawk [p]
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:03 PM
Snowheart's Mini Pixelgif...
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 09:31 PM

Old July 16th, 2023, 02:07 PM

My Mood: Amused
Default Book Theory: Bluestar Isn't Who You Think She Is!

Introduction
Depression is not something to be laughed at. It is a serious medical condition that must be treated. It depends on how long depression really lasts, but in most cases, after a few weeks, medical help is necessary.
This is also true for cats.
Not necessarily actual cats, but I’m talking about the cats in the Warriors books, since they are the most like humans. And there is one specific case of depression that was the highlight of many books. Bluestar’s depression. What am I talking about, exactly?
In Forest of Secrets, Bluestar’s deputy, Tigerclaw, attempted to kill her. She was saved by Fireheart and Tigerclaw was exiled from the Clan. However, this caused her to sink into a bout of depression. She refused to eat, refused to attend Gatherings, stopped making appearances to her Clan, and turned away her ancestors for good. She even pushed this to give Cloudtail his warrior name just because he didn’t believe in StarClan, and refused to give Swiftpaw, Brightpaw, and Thornpaw their names.
But, this depression seemed to go away at the end of A Dangerous Path, where Bluestar gives up her final life to save Fireheart from dogs. She is also seen in StarClan in The Darkest Hour giving a life to the newly named Firestar.
So the question remains; Why did Bluestar have this sudden change of heart?
You may think it’s because she wanted to fulfill the prophecy; Fire alone will save our Clan. But throughout Rising Storm and most of A Dangerous Path, she was rejecting her warrior ancestors so heavily that it is almost impossible to believe that she would suddenly have strong faith in them again. You may also think that she got rid of her depression. But, according to psychcentral.com, depression can only be cured with medical help, unless someone is grieving, in which the depression will go away on its own. Bluestar was definitely not grieving, and she absolutely did not have help from a medicine cat. So, why did she all of a sudden change her mind?
This is where my theory comes into play.

Theory
Here is my theory: Bluestar is trying to destroy StarClan.

Explanation
It starts all the way back in A Dangerous Path, where Bluestar makes her journey to StarClan.
In the previous two books, Bluestar was heavily rejecting StarClan by refusing to attend Gatherings, refusing warrior names, blaming them for accidents caused by her, and refusing to choose a deputy by moonhigh. The reason why the whole Clan didn’t follow her was because of Fireheart, keeping their faith in StarClan sky-high.
Remember my question from earlier? About why she had a sudden change of heart? Well, here’s what I think is the answer. Bluestar wanted to get a place in StarClan to destroy it from the inside.
Think about it: she gave her last life to save Fireheart, aka, the one who would save ThunderClan. This action would allow StarClan to forgive Bluestar for everything else she’s done. And she’s later seen giving Fireheart a life. This is mainly because she played a key role in his life, but it is also to cement her place in StarClan.
But, she never follows through with her plan, right? Wrong.

Bluestar’s Schemes/Evidence
In Firestar’s Quest, Firestar keeps receiving visions of Cloudstar, the old SkyClan leader, and he goes to the Moonstone to ask StarClan for advice. Who meets him there? Bluestar. She reluctantly tells him about SkyClan, and about how the Clans turned them away. She gives him the whole “Four trees means four Clans” speech and tries to convince him not to rebuild the lost Clan. And it almost works. If it weren’t for Spottedleaf and Feathertail, SkyClan would’ve been destroyed single handedly by Bluestar. And it doesn’t stop there. Further in the book, when Firestar and Sandstorm are traveling to the gorge, there’s a storm. The mates are trekking through the storm when Bluestar’s head appears in the clouds. This causes Firestar to get distracted and lose Sandstorm. She could’ve gotten them both killed because she tried to ‘warn them’. What was she even warning them of?
Now, before I move on to Midnight and the New Prophecy, I want you to think to yourself. Who do you think about when you think about StarClan delivering prophecies? A few obvious ones come to mind. Yellowfang. Spottedleaf. Silverstream. Cinderpelt. But the most obvious one you can think of is Bluestar. She’s involved in almost every prophecy delivered. Now, keep that in mind as I move on.
In the prologue of Midnight, we see Nightstar, Oakheart, Deadfoot, and Bluestar choosing cats to go on the journey to find Midnight the badger. Bluestar chooses Brambleclaw as her representative. This might seem innocent and harmless, but do you remember who goes with him? Squirrelpaw. The journey causes them to get close, to become mates, and Squirrelflight to be in an abusive relationship. Bluestar practically set them up!
In Sunset, Bluestar is seen giving Leafpool the vision of the three stars in the sky, telling her that something big will happen that will change her life. It doesn’t seem harmful at the time, but trust me, we’ll get there. I bet she was also involved in the vision about Brambleclaw becoming deputy.
Right after Sunset comes Leafpool’s Wish, where Bluestar is involved in telling Squirrelflight that she needs to take care of Leafpool’s kits. She doesn’t want to, but StarClan practically forces her. I think Bluestar was involved in manipulating StarClan to force Squirrelflight to take care of Lionkit, Jaykit, and Hollykit. Again, we’ll get there when we get there.
Now we get to Power of Three and Omen of the Stars. I’m putting both of these arcs in the same paragraph because they have a similar point I’m trying to make. In Power of Three, Bluestar is against telling the Three who their real parents are, in order to keep the secret. This causes Ashfur to force the secret out of Squirrelflight and Yellowfang to tell Jayfeather that Crowfeather and Leafpool are their true parents. In Omen of the Stars, Bluestar is against telling Lionblaze and Jayfeather who the true third cat is, and it’s once again up to Yellowfang to tell them. In both of these arcs, Bluestar is acting against the right thing to do, and if it wasn’t for Yellowfang, things would have been different. Bluestar was trying to change fate, but it didn’t work.
A Vision of Shadows luckily doesn’t have anything that points out Bluestar’s schemes, but it leads into Squirrelflight’s Hope. Oh boy.
Remember how I said that Bluestar was involved in making Squirrelflight take Leafpool’s kits? Yeah, about that. Towards the end of the book, Squirrelflight and Leafpool get hit by a rockslide. They spend some time in StarClan because they’re on the brink of death, but they’re not actually dead yet. However, StarClan decides to put them both on trial because of the bad things they’ve done, such as lying to their Clan, taking mates from other Clans, yada yada. Bluestar is a part of this trial. She argues that they shouldn’t be in StarClan because they lied about the parentage, which, for the record, she made them do. Bluestar gets called out for accusing Leafpool of cross-Clan mates, because she did the same thing, but she doesn’t get called out for forcing Squirrelflight to take the kits. She’s trying to keep them out of StarClan, which, once again, is arguing against doing the right thing. Squirrelflight and Leafpool are the number one cats to be in StarClan, unlike her.
So, remember how I said that Bluestar is involved in almost every single prophecy? Every single time we see her in StarClan, she’s trying to change everyone’s minds and manipulate everyone to do the wrong thing. This is where my theory comes back. Bluestar is still, somehow, after all these years, holding a grudge against StarClan from back when she was alive. She wants to destroy StarClan from the inside so that everyone can turn against them, just as she has. The reason no one has noticed is because she’s such a renowned leader. How could she ever do something so sinister? The only exception is Yellowfang, for she has stopped Bluestar’s attempts multiple times. She could be the one to stop the reign of Bluestar once and for all.

Conclusion
In conclusion, I think Bluestar is an evil Ashfur copy, trying to destroy StarClan from the inside out. She almost single handedly took down SkyClan and its memory, got Squirrelflight into an abusive relationship, argues against doing the right thing, manipulates members of StarClan to try and change fate and lies about it, all because of a grudge she’s holding. She is not who you think she is, and her spirit needs to fade away or be killed immediately.
But hey, that’s just a theory!
A BOOK THEORY!
Old July 27th, 2023, 05:02 PM

My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Book Theory: Bluestar Isn't Who You Think She Is!

I have to say I love your theory and I would've never thought of it myself! While reading the series, I was always annoyed when Bluestar delivered a prophecy, because I knew she would always be vague and never explain what she meant, but I couldn't of guessed it was because she was secretly... evil? And it's interesting because you have very solid points. Thanks, this was great to read!
Old July 28th, 2023, 06:38 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Oh.
Sheesh, wow. Uh-huh, yeah. Mhm.
Would never have seen that. Interesting. Bluestar, eh?
I hope this is all true and they write a series about this. That would be epic:0

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old July 28th, 2023, 07:37 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Status: Currently reading the New Prophecy series of Warrior Cats
My Mood: Bored

Man, I had a feeling there would be spoilers, but it was worth it.

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer