Last post by Mica
Today 08:27 PM

Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:51 AM
Queen of the Birbs

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
Pebbleheart chuckled, relaxing his tense muscles. "Yeah, imagine a grumpy old bager as your mentor" he mewed. "Feel glad you're stuck with me." He added. He let out another small chuckle. He liked his apprentice. He continued to walk, hoping he wasn't trampled by apprentices battling. He hoped Dawnpaw liked him, but that wasn't too important right now, right now they needed to train. He didn't like fighting too much, but he could tolerate for training.

The gray-blue tom glanced around, his tail flicking, his ears pricked. She looked down at the smaller she-cat, tilting his head slightly. "Well that sounds like a good plan. I think you'd be a good warrior when you're old enough. Now, let's do some training." He mewed, giving a little nod. He padded deeper into the area, finding a nice spot they could train in. He waited for Dawnpaw to come, readying himself to pretend-fight. Claws sheathed, of course, but still. He smiled at the sky, which was nice and clear.
Dawnpaw smiled at her mentor's words, although she wasn't sure whether he'd seen it. She padded after him, halting at the edge of the rocky Plateau, looking out over it with wide blue-green eyes. There was a clear reason why apprentices trained here; it was huge! Her tail was sticking straight up, quivering in excitement. She was going to learn to fight!

She noticed that Pebbleheart had left her side and quickly padded forward onto the Plateau, her tough SkyClan pads hardly feeling the grazing of the rock beneath her. The apprentice stopped opposite from her mentor, feeling her breathing hitch slightly; she was so excited! She tried to calm herself, holding her tail down and slowing her breath. "What are we going to try first?" She asked curiously, wondering where her training would begin. Perhaps she'd learn how to deceive an enemy, or deal the most damage, or how to take down a badger!

My Character Site (W.I.P)

-WarriorCats- is my baby pet rock
Webpaw All The Way~ is my "STALKER WHO LOVES DRAWING CATSSSS"
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:21 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCats View Post
Dawnpaw smiled at her mentor's words, although she wasn't sure whether he'd seen it. She padded after him, halting at the edge of the rocky Plateau, looking out over it with wide blue-green eyes. There was a clear reason why apprentices trained here; it was huge! Her tail was sticking straight up, quivering in excitement. She was going to learn to fight!

She noticed that Pebbleheart had left her side and quickly padded forward onto the Plateau, her tough SkyClan pads hardly feeling the grazing of the rock beneath her. The apprentice stopped opposite from her mentor, feeling her breathing hitch slightly; she was so excited! She tried to calm herself, holding her tail down and slowing her breath. "What are we going to try first?" She asked curiously, wondering where her training would begin. Perhaps she'd learn how to deceive an enemy, or deal the most damage, or how to take down a badger!
Pebbleheart smiled back, his gaze raking the area swiftly. He chuckled at her excitement, though he had to admit it was a very huge area. Perfect for training. Pebbleheart laughed at her wide eyes and quivering tail. "It is amazing to see for the first time. I remember when I was an apprentice and saw this place." He mewed. He looked at the Plateau fondly.

He sat, watching his apprentice. She seemed excited, more than him, to practice fighting. He was more of a pacifist, but Dawnpaw needed to know how to fight in case war broke out with the Syndicate or even loners or rogues. They had enemies for sure, and they could strike at any time. That was just part of being a warrior. She had to be prepared for attack. "I was thinking we'd do..how to sneak up on an enemy. It's useful for taking your attacker off guard." He mewed, giving a little nod to confirm his idea. That didn't sound too stupid. Hopefully. I think i'll be good at this mentor thing! He thought.
Old September 26th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
Pebbleheart smiled back, his gaze raking the area swiftly. He chuckled at her excitement, though he had to admit it was a very huge area. Perfect for training. Pebbleheart laughed at her wide eyes and quivering tail. "It is amazing to see for the first time. I remember when I was an apprentice and saw this place." He mewed. He looked at the Plateau fondly.

He sat, watching his apprentice. She seemed excited, more than him, to practice fighting. He was more of a pacifist, but Dawnpaw needed to know how to fight in case war broke out with the Syndicate or even loners or rogues. They had enemies for sure, and they could strike at any time. That was just part of being a warrior. She had to be prepared for attack. "I was thinking we'd do..how to sneak up on an enemy. It's useful for taking your attacker off guard." He mewed, giving a little nod to confirm his idea. That didn't sound too stupid. Hopefully. I think i'll be good at this mentor thing! He thought.
Dawnpaw shifted from paw to paw in excitement, but she tried to keep herself calm enough to respond and reply to whatever her mentor asked of her. She flicked her ear as Pebbleheart spoke, trying to think ahead as much as she could to make sure she didn't mess up too early on her training. "That sounds great!" She meowed enthusiastically. She remembered her mother once telling her that surprise is the warrior's greatest weapon; a cat who was unprepared had lost the battle already. If she could sneak up on her opponent, she could knock them right off their paws before they even knew she was there!

The ginger and white she-cat stilled her paws and crouched down, remembering the time she'd seen one of the older apprentices practicing their hunting crouch. Stalking a cat had to be different to stalking a mouse, but there was probably some similarities. She held her tail still behind her, keeping low to the ground but not quite touching it, and unsheathed her claws slightly, feeling them just scrape the surface of the stone. She could just hope she wasn't too far off. What if there was a completely different way to sneak up on cats? What if she had to stand up? Relax her tail? Sheathe her claws? Calm down, you mouse-brain! It's your first lesson; Pebbleheart won't judge you too harshly. Hopefully.

Last edited by bobtail; September 26th, 2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old September 26th, 2017, 04:31 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Dawnpaw shifted from paw to paw in excitement, but she tried to keep herself calm enough to respond and reply to whatever her mentor asked of her. She flicked her ear as Pebbleheart spoke, trying to think ahead as much as she could to make sure she didn't mess up too early on her training. "That sounds great!" She meowed enthusiastically. She remembered her mother once telling her that surprise is the warrior's greatest weapon; a cat who was unprepared had lost the battle already. If she could sneak up on her opponent, she could knock them right off their paws before they even knew she was there!

The ginger and white she-cat stilled her paws and crouched down, remembering the time she'd seen one of the older apprentices practicing their hunting crouch. Stalking a cat had to be different to stalking a mouse, but there was probably some similarities. She held her tail still behind her, keeping low to the ground but not quite touching it, and unsheathed her claws slightly, feeling them just scrape the surface of the stone. She could just hope she wasn't too far off. What if there was a completely different way to sneak up on cats? What if she had to stand up? Relax her tail? Sheathe her claws? Calm down, you mouse-brain! It's your first lesson; Pebbleheart won't judge you too harshly. Hopefully.
Pebbleheart let out a low chuckle at his apprentices enthusiasm, his tail swaying slightly as she tried to keep calm enough to reply to him. He waited for her reply, his eyes glowing with amusement and curiosity, his ears were pricked and angled slightly forwards as he smiled eagerly. "Good!" He mewed, letting out a tiny sigh of relief and shaking out his muscles, loosening them. He hadn't realized they'd been so stiff while he was waiting, but he needed them to be more relaxed. He calmed himself, Dawnpaw seemed to like him! Pebbleheart took a deep breath. "Alright, so lets see how you can do, to see what you need to work on." He mewed. The tom turned his back to the apprentice, waiting for her strike. He was confident in her.

The grayish-blue tom waited silently, not too nervous, this was just training after all. He just needed to see what she needed to work on, if any at all. She dropped into a crouch, he could see from the corner of his eye. That was a start. He waited for Dawnpaw's attack, he wondered how stealthy the young she-cat was. Stealth definitely gave an advantage, sneaking up on your enemy could give the advantage of surprise. Pebbleheart's tail swished, trying to give silent and subtle encouragement with the movement. She seemed nervous, so he gave a little mew. "Don't worry, this is all for practice, after all." He assured her. He smiled at his apprentices nerves, hoping she didn't freeze up. He gave another little swish of his tail, though he didn't turn.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Queen of the Birbs

Autumnpaw emerged from the treeline and padded onto the Plateau, her tough SkyClan pads barely even feeling the scratch of the stone beneath her paws. Her thick-furred tail stood straight up and quivered with anticipation; this was her first training session with her new mentor! The tabby and white apprentice trotted to the center of the Plateau and sat down, whisking her tail across the stone to wrap around her paws. Her claws sheathed and unsheathed over and over, scraping the rock before disappearing back into her paws. She was restless and excited, ready to learn to hunt to feed her Clan, and to fight to protect it. Not that she was that good at fighting, even just messing around as a kit...

I hope my mentor likes me... what was their name again? Fennelheart? Nice name... I hope she likes mine! What if she doesn't like my coat? Or my eyes or how bad I am at fighting? She shook her head to clear it, not wanting to psyche herself out before her training session even started. She didn't even really know her mentor yet! She just had to keep her head high and hope for the best.

@Chameleon

Old October 2nd, 2017, 02:28 PM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
Pebbleheart let out a low chuckle at his apprentices enthusiasm, his tail swaying slightly as she tried to keep calm enough to reply to him. He waited for her reply, his eyes glowing with amusement and curiosity, his ears were pricked and angled slightly forwards as he smiled eagerly. "Good!" He mewed, letting out a tiny sigh of relief and shaking out his muscles, loosening them. He hadn't realized they'd been so stiff while he was waiting, but he needed them to be more relaxed. He calmed himself, Dawnpaw seemed to like him! Pebbleheart took a deep breath. "Alright, so lets see how you can do, to see what you need to work on." He mewed. The tom turned his back to the apprentice, waiting for her strike. He was confident in her.

The grayish-blue tom waited silently, not too nervous, this was just training after all. He just needed to see what she needed to work on, if any at all. She dropped into a crouch, he could see from the corner of his eye. That was a start. He waited for Dawnpaw's attack, he wondered how stealthy the young she-cat was. Stealth definitely gave an advantage, sneaking up on your enemy could give the advantage of surprise. Pebbleheart's tail swished, trying to give silent and subtle encouragement with the movement. She seemed nervous, so he gave a little mew. "Don't worry, this is all for practice, after all." He assured her. He smiled at his apprentices nerves, hoping she didn't freeze up. He gave another little swish of his tail, though he didn't turn.
Dawnpaw smiled a little at her mentor's response, glad that he seemed willing to wait through her mistake. Pebbleheart had moved a few pawsteps away, and his back was turned. She felt her heart warm at his reassurance and she began to sneak forwards, lifting each paw and placing it down very gently, trying to make sure that only her pad touched the stone, not wanting to risk her claws scraping against the Plateau and letting her mentor know how close she was. Her tail twitched once in excitement and she quickly forced it still, sucking in a deep breath and holding it to cease any movement of her muzzle or whiskers.

She waited for a few moments longer, tensing the muscles in her haunches and holding her breath all the while until, finally, she sprang with a yowl, aiming for her mentor's shoulders with her claws outstretched. Knowing her, she'd probably bounce straight off, so she was ready to grab whatever she could get her paws on and hold on tight. If she even hit him, that was; her mind was racing, wondering if she'd slipped up anywhere while she was sneaking up on Pebbleheart, if he'd dodge to the side just in time and let her smack into the stone. Oh StarClan, I know I'm inexperienced, but at least have let me gotten something right!

Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:00 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Dawnpaw smiled a little at her mentor's response, glad that he seemed willing to wait through her mistake. Pebbleheart had moved a few pawsteps away, and his back was turned. She felt her heart warm at his reassurance and she began to sneak forwards, lifting each paw and placing it down very gently, trying to make sure that only her pad touched the stone, not wanting to risk her claws scraping against the Plateau and letting her mentor know how close she was. Her tail twitched once in excitement and she quickly forced it still, sucking in a deep breath and holding it to cease any movement of her muzzle or whiskers.

She waited for a few moments longer, tensing the muscles in her haunches and holding her breath all the while until, finally, she sprang with a yowl, aiming for her mentor's shoulders with her claws outstretched. Knowing her, she'd probably bounce straight off, so she was ready to grab whatever she could get her paws on and hold on tight. If she even hit him, that was; her mind was racing, wondering if she'd slipped up anywhere while she was sneaking up on Pebbleheart, if he'd dodge to the side just in time and let her smack into the stone. Oh StarClan, I know I'm inexperienced, but at least have let me gotten something right!

Pebbleheart's gaze wandered as she waited, scanning the cats around him. He didn't doubt Dawnpaw, she was just a bit cautious. He felt that she was moving, he flicked his tail slightly, acting like an unsuspecting cat just waiting there. Her pawsteps were very gentle, which was good. That'd be useful for later on. Pebbleheart took a deep breath, preparing himself to dodge just in case. He chewed his lip. She was completely silent, for the most part, which was impressive. He still chewed his lip, trying to find something to distract himself with besides talking.

Pebbleheart loosened his muscles, preparing himself.. She heard her readying herself, and he blinked. Okay, he needed to do this. Pebbleheart decided to remain still, not dodging, to see his apprentices skills. Her loud yowl alerted him to her attack, and he watched her leap. He noted her form and leap, his eyes fixed on her pelt. His gray-bluish tail swished, his paws staying in their spot. His apprentice was a good sneak-attacker, he had to admit. Maybe just a bit more practice however. Practice made perfect. Pebbleheart swallowed, trying to think of tips off the top of his head.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:05 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Autumnpaw emerged from the treeline and padded onto the Plateau, her tough SkyClan pads barely even feeling the scratch of the stone beneath her paws. Her thick-furred tail stood straight up and quivered with anticipation; this was her first training session with her new mentor! The tabby and white apprentice trotted to the center of the Plateau and sat down, whisking her tail across the stone to wrap around her paws. Her claws sheathed and unsheathed over and over, scraping the rock before disappearing back into her paws. She was restless and excited, ready to learn to hunt to feed her Clan, and to fight to protect it. Not that she was that good at fighting, even just messing around as a kit...

I hope my mentor likes me... what was their name again? Fennelheart? Nice name... I hope she likes mine! What if she doesn't like my coat? Or my eyes or how bad I am at fighting? She shook her head to clear it, not wanting to psyche herself out before her training session even started. She didn't even really know her mentor yet! She just had to keep her head high and hope for the best.

@Chameleon
Fennelheart in her slick, ligh brown fur entered the Training Plateau, and in a cool, but brisk voice meowed,” Hello, Autumnpaw.” She gave a stretch before approaching her apprentice,” We’ll be doing battle training today, since I pressume your old mentor could teach you to hunt in a moons time.” She sighed hoping she wasn’t intimidating the apprentice.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:28 AM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Fennelheart in her slick, light brown fur entered the Training Plateau, and in a cool, but brisk voice meowed,” Hello, Autumnpaw.” She gave a stretch before approaching her apprentice,” We’ll be doing battle training today, since I pressume your old mentor could teach you to hunt in a moons time.” She sighed hoping she wasn’t intimidating the apprentice.
Autumnpaw jumped to her paws as a cat emerged from the forest. She stood with her tail straight up, staring at this new cat, her mentor, Fennelheart, with excited apprehension. They greeted her nicely enough and the tabby and white she-cat allowed herself to relax, calmly replying with, "That sounds great!" Truth be told, she'd have preferred to hone her hunting skills a little more, if only to put off fighting for as long as possible. But she wasn't going to argue with her new mentor during her first training session, so she kept her fur flat and eyes wide and curious, not wanting to show any signs of being nervous.

Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:34 AM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:

Pebbleheart's gaze wandered as he waited, scanning the cats around him. He didn't doubt Dawnpaw, she was just a bit cautious. He felt that she was moving, he flicked his tail slightly, acting like an unsuspecting cat just waiting there. Her pawsteps were very gentle, which was good. That'd be useful for later on. Pebbleheart took a deep breath, preparing himself to dodge just in case. He chewed his lip. She was completely silent, for the most part, which was impressive. He still chewed his lip, trying to find something to distract himself with besides talking.

Pebbleheart loosened his muscles, preparing himself. He heard her readying herself, and he blinked. Okay, he needed to do this. Pebbleheart decided to remain still, not dodging, to see his apprentice's skills. Her loud yowl alerted him to her attack, and he watched her leap. He noted her form and leap, his eyes fixed on her pelt. His gray-bluish tail swished, his paws staying in their spot. His apprentice was a good sneak-attacker, he had to admit. Maybe just a bit more practice however. Practice made perfect. Pebbleheart swallowed, trying to think of tips off the top of his head.
Dawnpaw hadn't expected this. She'd known from the start that Pebbleheart knew she was there, and was ready to defend himself against her attack, but had she really been that obvious? That was okay, she supposed; it meant that they had a place to start, for her to start learning what her mentor taught. Still, it was rather alarming when she noticed that Pebbleheart was watching her out of the corner of his eye, not turning to face her but just waiting for her to hit him. Suddenly nervous, the ginger and white apprentice faltered mid-leap, her paws falling slightly so that she was aiming more for her mentor's flanks than shoulders.

Quickly realising her mistake, she tried to right herself, extending her claws just to make sure she was able to grab something, anything, and not just fall off and make a fool out of herself. Please let me at least hit him! A heartbeat passed and she squeezed her eyes shut as she felt fur beneath her paws. She dug in her claws, trying not to grab any flesh, but not wanting to slip off either. That would ruin the whole point of sneaking up on someone!