Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Littlesun0112
Today 03:09 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 03:05 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Morrigan
Today 03:01 PM
Learning your Boarders
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:00 PM

Old April 9th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang nodded thoughtfully, as pleased as he was relieved that the warrior was actually listening to him about honesty. "Not a problem. That one may not be the one but we'll keep thinking." Shinefang hummed thoughtfully to himself as he swatted his tail against the floor of his den. As an older cat, it was difficult for him to remember a time when that sorts of strengthening movements Barbedfall was wanting to learn didn't cause some pain for him, and that made it difficult to pinpoint an exercise that may work. Narrowing his eye thoughtfully, he looked at the brown, tabby leader. "You know something, Grousestar, it's been a while since I've been young and spry enough to do some of these moves. If I could borrow you for a minute, maybe you can think of a stretch that lets her just use her good legs without putting pressure on the injured one?"
Grousestar watched silently as the warrior did the stretch that the medicine cat had gotten her to do, the tip of his tail flicking back and forth in thought. Did medicine cat's do this a lot, come out with stretches? Or did they just have them sit in the nest until they were better? This was one of the very few times he had actually been stuck in the medicine cat's den and couldn't quite remember how his previous experiences had been. But he was jolted out of his thoughts when the older medicine cat called his name; blinking, Grousestar looked over. "Hm? A stretch?" The leader looked back at Barbedfall with a small tilt of his head, once again going back into thought for a moment before an idea was struck in his mind. "Could you stand for me please?" He would stand and patiently wait for her to stand as well. She did so carefully, making sure not to bump her injured leg into anything.
"We're going to bring you back to apprentice training, how about that? Try doing a few swats with your front paws." He suggested while he himself took a few practice swings at the air to demonstrate, claws sheathed of course.
"While balancing on one hind leg.." She grumbled to herself before shaking her head and beginning to periodically swat at the air with her right paw, as if striking at an enemy. It took some time after each swat, to regain her balance and make sure she didn't fall over, but she never once winced. She would repeat with her left paw and then go back to her right.
The leader would glance curiously at Shinefang to see if he would suggest anything, or see anything wrong with the exercise.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 10th, 2018, 07:54 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang's whiskers gave a twitch as he seized onto the information that Eveningkit had shared. "I wish I could tell you with complete certainty how to never go back there, kit. But Here is what I have for now. We can try it, and see how it goes." The medicine cat was calm and kept his voice kind as he spoke, trying to be reassuring. "If you don't tend to got there when you are tired, play hard and tire yourself out everyday, and when you become an apprentice, train hard. Train especially hard during claw moon and no moon. What do you think of that?"
Eveningkit nodded,” That’s worth a shot.” She meowed realising that their was nothing else she can do, so she sighed,” I suppose we can try it.” She meowed.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 10th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Grousestar watched silently as the warrior did the stretch that the medicine cat had gotten her to do, the tip of his tail flicking back and forth in thought. Did medicine cat's do this a lot, come out with stretches? Or did they just have them sit in the nest until they were better? This was one of the very few times he had actually been stuck in the medicine cat's den and couldn't quite remember how his previous experiences had been. But he was jolted out of his thoughts when the older medicine cat called his name; blinking, Grousestar looked over. "Hm? A stretch?" The leader looked back at Barbedfall with a small tilt of his head, once again going back into thought for a moment before an idea was struck in his mind. "Could you stand for me please?" He would stand and patiently wait for her to stand as well. She did so carefully, making sure not to bump her injured leg into anything.
"We're going to bring you back to apprentice training, how about that? Try doing a few swats with your front paws." He suggested while he himself took a few practice swings at the air to demonstrate, claws sheathed of course.
"While balancing on one hind leg.." She grumbled to herself before shaking her head and beginning to periodically swat at the air with her right paw, as if striking at an enemy. It took some time after each swat, to regain her balance and make sure she didn't fall over, but she never once winced. She would repeat with her left paw and then go back to her right.
The leader would glance curiously at Shinefang to see if he would suggest anything, or see anything wrong with the exercise.
Shinefang watched in silence Grousestar thought up the stretch for Barbedfall to try, and then watched as she did. Though the execution of the move was a bit slow, it didn't seem to give her any pain of trouble that he could see. "That'll let your forelegs stay fit, for sure," he muttered out loud, approvingly. He shot a grateful glance at Grousestar, thanking his good fortune that the younger, more active cat had been around to help come up with a plan. He'd never had a patient complain quite this much about a little off time, but if he were being honest, as a younger tom he hadn't like just sitting around either. Maybe giving cats who came to see him a little something to do could help them feel a little more in control of their own healing process. "How does that feel? Any trouble with the injured leg?" he asked after she had done a few squats.

Old April 10th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Eveningkit nodded,” That’s worth a shot.” She meowed realising that their was nothing else she can do, so she sighed,” I suppose we can try it.” She meowed.
Shinefang's ear twitched as he looked at Eveningkit, darkly wondering what kind of future a cat so young could hope for while these thoughts haunted their days and the dark forest haunted their nights. "Very well then..." The medicine cat flicked his tail to signal that she should follow and began walking toward his den entrance. He turned back to her. "Do you have someone to talk to if you have thoughts of hurting anyone?" he asked in a low meow.

Old April 10th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post

Lightpaw blinked in surprise as Shinefang passed him. He opened his mouth to ask Cleftpaw about what he thought Shinefang was doing but he closed it again as the old medicine cat quickly reappeared in the den. He shook his head vigorously as Shinefang talked about how awful birds were and nodded his head in the same way when he talked about how good rabbits were, obviously trying to look like he agreed with his, even though he didn't think that birds were as bad as Shinefang said. When Shinefang asked him if he saw the burdock he twitched his whiskers, trying to hold in a mrrow of amusement,"Well, Shinefang, I don't particularly see it, but I can definately smell it," he tried to stop himself from laughing and pretty soon he had to take deep breaths just to be able to hear the older tom. Lightpaw then took a few more deep breaths to calm and steady himself when the medicine can said it'd sting a bit. He winced at the thought of having that spicy smelling herb strewn all over his wound. He took even more deep breaths after that thought had passed and he willingly lifted his front left paw up to Shinefang so he could put it on. Lightpaw held his breath as he waited for to sudden sting of the healing root.
(Ack! I am so sorry. This completely got away from me.)

Shinefang, in a rare moment of slight embarrassment, had to chuckle at himself for his slip about the apprentice's sight. "It is awfully potent," he agreed. "You know, considering how many times cats said things like that to me when I lost my eye..." he didn't finish the thought but shook his head with a chuckle as he grabbed a piece of cobweb from and began to bind Lightpaw's paw. "During the first moon after I returned to warrior duties, the patrol leader told us all to 'keep an eye out for foxes'. His pelt bristled and he looked at me like a kit caught sneaking out of camp." As he spoke, he finished binding the wound and released the paw. "How is that feeling?" he asked.

Old April 11th, 2018, 01:39 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
(Ack! I am so sorry. This completely got away from me.)

Shinefang, in a rare moment of slight embarrassment, had to chuckle at himself for his slip about the apprentice's sight. "It is awfully potent," he agreed. "You know, considering how many times cats said things like that to me when I lost my eye..." he didn't finish the thought but shook his head with a chuckle as he grabbed a piece of cobweb from and began to bind Lightpaw's paw. "During the first moon after I returned to warrior duties, the patrol leader told us all to 'keep an eye out for foxes'. His pelt bristled and he looked at me like a kit caught sneaking out of camp." As he spoke, he finished binding the wound and released the paw. "How is that feeling?" he asked.
(XD its fine)

Lightpaw chuckled lightly at Shinefang's short story about him as a warrior as he allowed Shinefang to bind his paw. He winced slightly as the injured paw touched the ground, but it didn't hurt as much as it had before,"Thanks Shinefang, that definitely feels better," he laughed,"Though it still kind of hurts. I don't suppose you have any herb that can immediately take away the pain from a squirrel bite," He mewed half-jokingly.
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old April 14th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Sigh...

Quote:

(XD its fine)

Lightpaw chuckled lightly at Shinefang's short story about him as a warrior as he allowed Shinefang to bind his paw. He winced slightly as the injured paw touched the ground, but it didn't hurt as much as it had before,"Thanks Shinefang, that definitely feels better," he laughed,"Though it still kind of hurts. I don't suppose you have any herb that can immediately take away the pain from a squirrel bite," He mewed half-jokingly.
Shinefang cocked his head and took another look at the apprentice's paw, nodding to himself as he realized a wound that deep was bound to sting quite a bit. "I'm got something that should take the edge off," he said. The old medicine cat padded over to his herb collection and quickly located what he was after, he returned with a dandelion leaf in his light grip and set it down on the den floor so that is rested on Lightpaw's good forepaw. "Chewing on that leaf and swallowing the juice ought to do the trick. I wouldn't swallow the leaf pulp though if I were you. It's not dangerous or anything. It just tastes bitter."

Old April 15th, 2018, 07:44 AM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Shinefang cocked his head and took another look at the apprentice's paw, nodding to himself as he realized a wound that deep was bound to sting quite a bit. "I'm got something that should take the edge off," he said. The old medicine cat padded over to his herb collection and quickly located what he was after, he returned with a dandelion leaf in his light grip and set it down on the den floor so that is rested on Lightpaw's good forepaw. "Chewing on that leaf and swallowing the juice ought to do the trick. I wouldn't swallow the leaf pulp though if I were you. It's not dangerous or anything. It just tastes bitter."
Lightpaw nodded and smiled,"Thanks Shinefang. But how would swallowing something help with my paw?" he asked before taking the leaf in his mouth and chewing it. He continued chewing until he could taste the juice and he very carefully swallowed it. Though it seemed he wasn't careful enough, upon swallowing the juice he also swallowed some of the leaf. He forced himself no to spit it out and instead he asked,"Whe oo i it is ou Thinefan?" of course, that was supposed to mean 'Where do i spit this out Shinefang?' but talking through the pulp proved hard to Lightpaw.
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old April 16th, 2018, 12:47 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang's ear twitched as he looked at Eveningkit, darkly wondering what kind of future a cat so young could hope for while these thoughts haunted their days and the dark forest haunted their nights. "Very well then..." The medicine cat flicked his tail to signal that she should follow and began walking toward his den entrance. He turned back to her. "Do you have someone to talk to if you have thoughts of hurting anyone?" he asked in a low meow.
She shook her head,” No. I want everyone to trust me.” She meowed.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 16th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Lightpaw nodded and smiled,"Thanks Shinefang. But how would swallowing something help with my paw?" he asked before taking the leaf in his mouth and chewing it. He continued chewing until he could taste the juice and he very carefully swallowed it. Though it seemed he wasn't careful enough, upon swallowing the juice he also swallowed some of the leaf. He forced himself no to spit it out and instead he asked,"Whe oo i it is ou Thinefan?" of course, that was supposed to mean 'Where do i spit this out Shinefang?' but talking through the pulp proved hard to Lightpaw.
Shinefang shrugged his boney, battle-scarred shoulders. "Beats me. How do herbs do anything? All I know is I give cats plants and things happen. You can spit the pulp on the ground, or go spit it out in the dirtplace," he answered. "It shouldn't take long for it to start easing the pain in your paw."