Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Fritter
Today 06:14 AM
[RC kit & young app event]...
by Foxine
Last post by Bean
Today 06:03 AM
WCO Staff Applications
Last post by hermeswind
Today 05:48 AM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by Fritter
Today 05:39 AM
Haven Springs
Last post by Fritter
Today 05:26 AM

Old July 4th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by marni View Post
Laurelpaw
For a moment, there was nothing but the silent swaying of pine needles in the breeze that danced in from the moorland. With thick trunks surrounding the area, air that normally ruffled her fur did nothing as it was bounced back by the trees. Most of the sky was gone, and instead of feeling suffocated like she had heard most WindClan cats speak of... it felt comforting.

Then it came to her - the rustle of undergrowth - and out stepped a cat larger than her carrying the same scent that marked the border. Was this a true ShadowClan warrior? Laurelpaw found herself staring in admiration for a moment. He seemed strong and confident, carrying himself like a true warrior. She wondered what it must feel like to be as such, and found that she craved to know what it was like.

"Do I look like I'm here to catch any of your crow-food? No thanks, toad. You can keep it." Laurelpaw spoke with utter disgust in her tone, wrinkling her nose for good measure. She made no move to leave the area though and glanced around. "Besides, even if I was I wouldn't need your help. You look like you have four left paws. I bet you were originally a kitty-pet, huh? Yeah, with a nice little collar and everything. Looks like Dawnstar's doing charity work these days." A devilish grin appeared on her face as she took a step towards the warrior, raising a brow.

[ @Dirtfur ]

Redheart stared in confusion at the WindClan apprentice. This cat must have confused him with another ShadowClan warrior who goes by the name of Toad. “First of all, my name is Redheart, not Toad. Second, you’re the one who was asking where the rats are,” he stated, reluctantly pressing down his annoyance with the apprentice who can’t make up their mind.

His green eyes squinted as he listened to their insult. He practiced in these woods when he left ShadowClan, he was skilled enough to capture fres-kill, even with two or more left paws. “Oh, that’s funny coming from a cat who has no idea how to find prey, and on top of that, doesn’t know what borders are,” he retorted, mentioning how the WindClan apprentice was asking where the rats are a couple heartbeats earlier.

Redheart stood his ground, getting a closer look at the apprentice. Did she really think that walking towards him would scare the dark ginger giant? “Speaking of kittypets and collars, I would not blame Twilightstar if she decided to put a collar on you so you won’t get lost. And speaking of being lost, I should return you back to the WindClan borders. Your clanmates might be worrying over you.” He dropped a hard might in the middle, hinting that he theorized that her clanmates weren’t worrying at all. In fact, they likely were thanking StarClan for her disappearance.

He padded away to the WindClan border, stopped, and twisted his head to the small WindClan cat. She does have a bad attitude, and she definitely needed to learn a lesson; however, Redheart always believed that every cat has some good in their hearts. He wanted to be kinder to those cats, including the apprentice. Otherwise, they will be bullied and that will only encourage them to be more malicious and cruel.

He waited for her reaction.

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old July 4th, 2022, 10:21 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Laurelpaw
It was rather funny how oblivious this ShadowClan warrior was to her insults, but Laurelpaw didn't let it phase her all that much. If anything it made her want to dig in with her metaphorical claws even more. He didn't know that ShadowClan were referred to as toads? She'd have to come up with another name.

Giving a snort to his answer, Laurelpaw simply lifted a forepaw to examine, bored. What a yawn fest this was turning out to be. "Oh, I'm not lost. I'm exactly where I want to be." Not WindClan territory, she knew. But it was either this, or be stuck on a patrol to the place that her death most likely awaited. Besides, if this went how she wanted it to she'd be able to come back and blame this whole incident on Fallownose and Rabbitbriar. How... splendid.

As Redheart moved to the border, Laurelpaw let out a yawn and remained right where she was. She cast him a curious look as if wondering what he was actually doing. "You have fun waiting there, Toadheart." With a gleeful grin and a wink, the black and white she-cat continued to pad further into ShadowClan territory, honestly not caring if the tom followed her in or not. If he didn't, she would find another cat to play with.

[ @Dirtfur ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse
Old July 4th, 2022, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Laurelpaw
It was rather funny how oblivious this ShadowClan warrior was to her insults, but Laurelpaw didn't let it phase her all that much. If anything it made her want to dig in with her metaphorical claws even more. He didn't know that ShadowClan were referred to as toads? She'd have to come up with another name.

Giving a snort to his answer, Laurelpaw simply lifted a forepaw to examine, bored. What a yawn fest this was turning out to be. "Oh, I'm not lost. I'm exactly where I want to be." Not WindClan territory, she knew. But it was either this, or be stuck on a patrol to the place that her death most likely awaited. Besides, if this went how she wanted it to she'd be able to come back and blame this whole incident on Fallownose and Rabbitbriar. How... splendid.

As Redheart moved to the border, Laurelpaw let out a yawn and remained right where she was. She cast him a curious look as if wondering what he was actually doing. "You have fun waiting there, Toadheart." With a gleeful grin and a wink, the black and white she-cat continued to pad further into ShadowClan territory, honestly not caring if the tom followed her in or not. If he didn't, she would find another cat to play with.

[ @Dirtfur ]

Redheart watched as the small she-cat went further into ShadowClan’s territory after clearing up the confusion and insulting the warrior once more. He could feel the fire inside his chest that kept ordering him to swat at the apprentice for being ignorant and sassy, but he noticed his heart suggesting that there’s an alternative.

Staying silent, Redheart followed the apprentice. Until he got close enough, the warrior spoke up. “At first, I thought you were an apprentice. I can now see that you’re obviously a kit.” Not listening to the warrior was something he could handle, but disobeying the warrior code was too far down the line. He trusted his heart and the fire that was still in his chest. However, he had to go with the fire. If being kind won’t get this situation moving, then surely this will:

He lifted his sheathed left paw in the air, aiming it at either the apprentice’s ears or the back part of her head.

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word

Last edited by Dirtfur; July 4th, 2022 at 10:45 PM.
Old July 4th, 2022, 10:52 PM
as long as i breathe

Laurelpaw
Her ears swiveled to catch what was said by the ShadowClan cat who had decided to follow her after a moment but only snickered. "So it is true then - ShadowClan cats really don't have brains!" Another bout oflaughter followed her statement as she continued padding along, not at all phased by his words. After all, they didn't really bother her that much if he wasn't actually doing anything to physically remove her from the territory.

Until the first spark ignited, and she felt a sheathed paw connect with the the back of her head. Her paws stumbled forward a bit since she had not been expecting it, and after regaining her footing Laurelpaw turned to stare at him. It held surprise - shock even - but soon that melted away into amusement.

"Wow, is that really all you're going to do about a "kit" like me trespassing? What would Dawnstar think of that?" Maybe her earlier suspicions had been right about this cat. A former kitty-pet most likely, afraid to use his claws to do anything. Unsheathing her own, Laurelpaw lunged forward and aimed a swipe towards the tom's face. She hadn't any battle training though, so her movement was slow and sluggish and not all that well coordinated. But her narrowed eyes and smirk proved that this did not occur to her.

[ @Dirtfur ]

Old July 4th, 2022, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Laurelpaw
Her ears swiveled to catch what was said by the ShadowClan cat who had decided to follow her after a moment but only snickered. "So it is true then - ShadowClan cats really don't have brains!" Another bout oflaughter followed her statement as she continued padding along, not at all phased by his words. After all, they didn't really bother her that much if he wasn't actually doing anything to physically remove her from the territory.

Until the first spark ignited, and she felt a sheathed paw connect with the the back of her head. Her paws stumbled forward a bit since she had not been expecting it, and after regaining her footing Laurelpaw turned to stare at him. It held surprise - shock even - but soon that melted away into amusement.

"Wow, is that really all you're going to do about a "kit" like me trespassing? What would Dawnstar think of that?" Maybe her earlier suspicions had been right about this cat. A former kitty-pet most likely, afraid to use his claws to do anything. Unsheathing her own, Laurelpaw lunged forward and aimed a swipe towards the tom's face. She hadn't any battle training though, so her movement was slow and sluggish and not all that well coordinated. But her narrowed eyes and smirk proved that this did not occur to her.

[ @Dirtfur ]

Guilt seeped into the ginger fur as Redheart realized that he should’ve listened to his heart instead. He ignored it, just like how he ignored the apprentice’s questions and insult. He stood still, waiting for what the small cat would do. Unsurprisingly, especially since the said cat doesn’t know about borders or hunting, she tried to swipe at the warrior’s face with unsheathed claws. He could tell that she hadn’t been practicing at fighting, that or she lacks the ability to battle properly. It gave Redheart an idea that he hoped would work.

Dodging the attack, the ginger used his left paw once again to aim at the same spot. Whether it worked or not didn’t matter to him, he wanted to try something different other than fighting. “You know, I could teach you how to fight properly,” he meowed genuinely. It would be wise to any cat with no training to accept it, even in ShadowClan. Redheart thanked StarClan silently for choosing him to find the WindClan apprentice. If any other ShadowClan warrior would find her instead, she would become shredded crow-food. “If,” he added, “you agree that you will go back to WindClan.”

No no word
Old July 4th, 2022, 11:20 PM
as long as i breathe

Laurelpaw
As her blow missed she let out a hiss of frustration, which then turn into a yelp as another paw connected with her head. With... more sheathed claws. What was going on? Was this cat afraid to use his claws... because she was an apprentice? That certainly wouldn't do. "What? Are you afraid to fight back? Why don't you use your claws, you cowardly rat?" she spat, giving a lash of her tail. If her clawed blows wouldn't land, she'd made her her verbal ones did.

And then he offered to teach her, and Laurelpaw stared at him as if he had grown two heads. A moment passed, then another, and the black and white she-cat threw her head back in laughter. It almost had her doubling over, but she managed to stand her ground. "Battle lessons? From you? No thanks, I actually want to learn to fight with my claws, kitty-pet."

Another bout of laughter passed through her as she stared back at Redheart, tail flicking to and fro. "You can keep hitting me with your sheathed paws all you like but I'll leave ShadowClan territory when I want to, not when I'm told - especially by a cat like you." With a grin Laurelpaw turned and padded deeper into ShadowClan territory.

[ @Dirtfur - at any point Redheart is welcome to use his claws! Let me know if Laurelpaw needs to keep poking at him because she definitely will ]

Old July 4th, 2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Laurelpaw
As her blow missed she let out a hiss of frustration, which then turn into a yelp as another paw connected with her head. With... more sheathed claws. What was going on? Was this cat afraid to use his claws... because she was an apprentice? That certainly wouldn't do. "What? Are you afraid to fight back? Why don't you use your claws, you cowardly rat?" she spat, giving a lash of her tail. If her clawed blows wouldn't land, she'd made her her verbal ones did.

And then he offered to teach her, and Laurelpaw stared at him as if he had grown two heads. A moment passed, then another, and the black and white she-cat threw her head back in laughter. It almost had her doubling over, but she managed to stand her ground. "Battle lessons? From you? No thanks, I actually want to learn to fight with my claws, kitty-pet."

Another bout of laughter passed through her as she stared back at Redheart, tail flicking to and fro. "You can keep hitting me with your sheathed paws all you like but I'll leave ShadowClan territory when I want to, not when I'm told - especially by a cat like you." With a grin Laurelpaw turned and padded deeper into ShadowClan territory.

[ @Dirtfur - at any point Redheart is welcome to use his claws! Let me know if Laurelpaw needs to keep poking at him because she definitely will ]

The warrior rolled his eyes as the apprentice kept on being an annoyance. He kept his mouth shut until the she-cat was finished talking. As she padded onward, Redheart thought to himself on ways to get her attention.

“You call me cowardly, but you don’t even fight back. Are you afraid I could defeat you without using claws? Or is it because you know you’ll be embarrassed to realize how poorly you are at fighting? Either way, I am sure this will be a good story to tell at the next Gathering,” he said, guilt washing over him. He felt like he went against his morals, but he assured himself that taunting and mocking the she-cat would get her to leave ShadowClan territory. If that won’t work, then… Redheart sighed, knowing that if this idea won’t work, then he’ll have to smack every sense into her.

(lol. Knowing Redheart, he likely won’t use claws until she breaks more rules)

No no word
Old July 6th, 2022, 09:36 PM
as long as i breathe

Laurelpaw
Cowardly? Cowardly?? Laurelpaw was not cowardly - and whoever this ShadowClan rat thought he was talking about, he was mistaken. A flare of anger lit up her gaze as she rounded on him, striking out as fast as she could manage with no battle training under her paws towards his face, claws extended. "Cowardly? Sounds pretty pathetic coming from the cat who didn't even use his claws. I actually used mine - and I'm not afraid to do so again if it means taking care of a stinking rat."

Seriously, who did this tom think he was? With a hiss and a snarl the turned quick, heart beating fast as her eyes scanned the undergrowth. It was much different than moorland, but her nose didn't seem to be lying to her when it caught the trail of a mouse and blood. Hurrying with quick movements she slid into a semi decent crouch and came up on the scene - a rather plump mouse that appeared to not be going too fast. It was perfect.

Reaching forward Laurelpaw trapped the injured creature with her claw and leaned forward to bite down hard on its neck. Once she felt the life drain from the rodent she hooked a claw into it and turned. A smirk grew on her face as she held it out. But she didn't speak - instead she slammed the prey on the ground and used her other claw to rip and tear it apart, essentially decimating the fresh-kill. Once it was barely recognizable and blood splatter covered her claws, Laurelpaw left it discarded as she padded towards Redheart. Her claws dragged in the dirt until she stood a mere tail-length from him. Almost as if egging him to do something.

[ @Dirtfur - More rule breaking it is ]

Old July 6th, 2022, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Laurelpaw
Cowardly? Cowardly?? Laurelpaw was not cowardly - and whoever this ShadowClan rat thought he was talking about, he was mistaken. A flare of anger lit up her gaze as she rounded on him, striking out as fast as she could manage with no battle training under her paws towards his face, claws extended. "Cowardly? Sounds pretty pathetic coming from the cat who didn't even use his claws. I actually used mine - and I'm not afraid to do so again if it means taking care of a stinking rat."

Seriously, who did this tom think he was? With a hiss and a snarl the turned quick, heart beating fast as her eyes scanned the undergrowth. It was much different than moorland, but her nose didn't seem to be lying to her when it caught the trail of a mouse and blood. Hurrying with quick movements she slid into a semi decent crouch and came up on the scene - a rather plump mouse that appeared to not be going too fast. It was perfect.

Reaching forward Laurelpaw trapped the injured creature with her claw and leaned forward to bite down hard on its neck. Once she felt the life drain from the rodent she hooked a claw into it and turned. A smirk grew on her face as she held it out. But she didn't speak - instead she slammed the prey on the ground and used her other claw to rip and tear it apart, essentially decimating the fresh-kill. Once it was barely recognizable and blood splatter covered her claws, Laurelpaw left it discarded as she padded towards Redheart. Her claws dragged in the dirt until she stood a mere tail-length from him. Almost as if egging him to do something.

[ @Dirtfur - More rule breaking it is ]

It seemed none of Redheart’s plans had worked. He watched the over-confident apprentice walked up to him and tried to strike him with claws. Without moving his whole body, the giant warrior swung his head to the right, avoiding the strike. His claws pulled out at first, but pulled them back in, giving the apprentice more chances even when StarClan likely wished him to dunk her into the dark forest.

As the apprentice walked away, Redheart surveyed her every move. He looked at her as she did a hunting crouch. Don’t you dare, the ShadowClan cat thought. Squinting his eyes, he silently begged her to change her mind. Alas, his begging was in vain as the WindClan ‘paw proceeded to hunt down a mouse and ripped it apart. Redheart kept his mouth and bit his lips, drawing blood from his mouth.

She padded back to him, staring at him like she was expecting the ginger giant to shred her. Is that what she wanted the whole time? Trying to make the warrior get mad at the younger cat and kill her so that WindClan has a reason to attack ShadowClan? Unfortunately for her, Redheart was not into killing. However, he has something that can knock some sense into her. And by knock… I meant kick!

The warrior dug his claws into the dirt, preparing to eventually hold himself up. He slid his left foot further away from his right. Quick as a dragonfly, Redheart swung his hind legs clockwise, hoping to strike his sheathed hind paws against the apprentice’s face. After the attack was over, Redheart landed correctly although he tried to balance himself for a heartbeat. He closed his eyes and breathed in, surprised that he did it right this time.

No no word
Old July 7th, 2022, 07:42 PM
as long as i breathe

Laurelpaw
She was egging him on - because of course she was. Though her heart hammered in her chest and defiance roared in her gaze, Laurelpaw knew this was what true warriors did. They stood their ground against threats. And so far, this Redheart rat was not proving to be one. So the black and white she-cat decided to give him a push, a small little nudge.

And as she felt hind legs connect with the side of her head faster than she could blink, Laurelpaw knew it had worked. The swing nearly knocked the wind from her as she felt her body stagger fast towards the side, eventually colliding with a nearby pine tree. What remained of the decimated rodent fell from her claws as she planted them firmly on the ground to keep from totally toppling over. But again, there had been no claws from Redheart.

"You... coward... and your no... claws...!" Despite the rage she felt, something was off. Her vision was blurry and there was a pounding in her head that made it difficult to keep her eyes open. Laurelpaw hissed, but it soon faltered into a small whimper. No. Not here. "...Remember my f-ace, crow-food. Because... I'll shred y-you the next time I s-ee you." Another gasp of breath and the black and white she-cat turned, sprinting back towards the border and the moorland and trying to ignore how many times her paws stumbled and vision turned everything sideways.

[ @Dirtfur - And Laurelpaw has left! ]