Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:50 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Fritter
Today 03:41 PM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:37 PM
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by chickadee
Today 03:24 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:20 PM

Old September 4th, 2017, 03:35 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
@AbsurdJinx

Daypaw had been hesitent hearing a new medicien cat had been taken on by Geckoleaf. Not only was Gecko helping Daypaw with their training while they were staying here, but now another? Daypaw wasnt the jealous type but when it came to Gecko...it was different. SHe was like..their mother. Was their mother. They needed to remind themselves that. They didnt know how to handle a new apprentice after Cricketpaws passing. That was suppose to be Crickets nest, not Junipers. They were smart enough not to resent the apprentice before meeting them. They were much older then Juniper, but that didnt mean they couldnt atleast interact to get to know eachother. They were currently organizing herbs into the slivers of rock on one wall of the den, ears twitching for any sounds of cats coming in an out.
Juniperpaw slipped into the den after having helped herself to a filling meal. The moment she entered, she found her gaze was immediately drawn to the feline at one wall of the den. She knew this cat as ShadowClan's medicine cat, Daypaw. Forcing a bright and rather convincing grin, Juniperpaw chirped, ``Hello! Daypaw, right? I'm Juniperpaw!`` She padded over the them, rocking back on her haunches.

Unfortunately, Juniperpaw had a lot on her shoulders. The beginning of her apprenticeship was a huge disappointment. Russetstar couldn't look at her without crying, and Geckoleaf wasn't even excited about Juniperpaw's apprenticeship. Not many cats respected her, so soon after Cricketpaw's death. She wasn't interested in replacing the former medicine cat apprentice, but others seemed to look at it that way - including Russetstar and Geckoleaf. Juniperpaw was trying to not show her sadness, but it was getting really challenging - next time somebody ridiculed her, she was going to scream! Nobody was very happy to see her. She could only hope Daypaw was willing to see Juniperpaw as Juniperpaw, and not Cricketpaw's replacement.
Old September 4th, 2017, 03:47 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Juniperpaw slipped into the den after having helped herself to a filling meal. The moment she entered, she found her gaze was immediately drawn to the feline at one wall of the den. She knew this cat as ShadowClan's medicine cat, Daypaw. Forcing a bright and rather convincing grin, Juniperpaw chirped, ``Hello! Daypaw, right? I'm Juniperpaw!`` She padded over the them, rocking back on her haunches.

Unfortunately, Juniperpaw had a lot on her shoulders. The beginning of her apprenticeship was a huge disappointment. Russetstar couldn't look at her without crying, and Geckoleaf wasn't even excited about Juniperpaw's apprenticeship. Not many cats respected her, so soon after Cricketpaw's death. She wasn't interested in replacing the former medicine cat apprentice, but others seemed to look at it that way - including Russetstar and Geckoleaf. Juniperpaw was trying to not show her sadness, but it was getting really challenging - next time somebody ridiculed her, she was going to scream! Nobody was very happy to see her. She could only hope Daypaw was willing to see Juniperpaw as Juniperpaw, and not Cricketpaw's replacement.
Daypaws ears twitched hearing their name being called. When they looked over, they saw Juniperpaw. Ironically despite their age Daypaw was around the same size as them, not getting the largest share when it came to genetics, yet they were probably twice Junipers age. Daypaw turned their gaze back to the herb wall. They were always standoffish when it came to new cats, it took awhile and maybe some pestering for Daypaw to make out full sentences, and with Junipers high energy they were sure it wouldnt be a problem. ¨Youre correct, and youre Juniperpaw Ive heard.¨ they mewed slowly, not bothering to look at the other apprentice. They werent giving them the cold shoulder, it just how Daypaw was with most cats. They werent like Juniperpaw, they didnt have a set mentor and often did regular full apprenticed medcat duties despite not having their full name, growing up fast. But Juniperpaw seemed energetic, Daypaw could tell just by a few words and her tone that she was excited to be here. Daypaw on the other hand was the opposite, hopefully things wouldnt clash while Daypaw was staying with Riverclan.
Old September 4th, 2017, 04:37 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Daypaws ears twitched hearing their name being called. When they looked over, they saw Juniperpaw. Ironically despite their age Daypaw was around the same size as them, not getting the largest share when it came to genetics, yet they were probably twice Junipers age. Daypaw turned their gaze back to the herb wall. They were always standoffish when it came to new cats, it took awhile and maybe some pestering for Daypaw to make out full sentences, and with Junipers high energy they were sure it wouldnt be a problem. ¨Youre correct, and youre Juniperpaw Ive heard.¨ they mewed slowly, not bothering to look at the other apprentice. They werent giving them the cold shoulder, it just how Daypaw was with most cats. They werent like Juniperpaw, they didnt have a set mentor and often did regular full apprenticed medcat duties despite not having their full name, growing up fast. But Juniperpaw seemed energetic, Daypaw could tell just by a few words and her tone that she was excited to be here. Daypaw on the other hand was the opposite, hopefully things wouldnt clash while Daypaw was staying with Riverclan.
Juniperpaw was quick to take note of Daypaw's almost bored tone, as if they didn't want to be there. Of course they don't! They belong to ShadowClan, not RiverClan! She realized the medicine cat most likely didn't feel comfortable in the RiverClan camp and territory. She did not mistake Daypaw's rather cold response as resentment for `replacing` the former medicine cat apprentice, coming to the conclusion that the ShadowClan medicine cat was merely upset at the loss of their home or maybe Daypaw was just a really tough character. Grinning, Juniperpaw took Daypaw's response as an invitation to continue the conversation. ``Yes! That's me! Hey, could I ask you something? Something other than that? And that? And - well, you get the point. How, uh, how does Geckoleaf treat you?`` Juniperpaw glanced at her paws which shuffled quietly against the earth below her. She wasn't trying to offend Daypaw, but rather trying to learn if Geckoleaf's neglect was just towards her and not other felines.
Old September 4th, 2017, 06:38 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Juniperpaw was quick to take note of Daypaw's almost bored tone, as if they didn't want to be there. Of course they don't! They belong to ShadowClan, not RiverClan! She realized the medicine cat most likely didn't feel comfortable in the RiverClan camp and territory. She did not mistake Daypaw's rather cold response as resentment for `replacing` the former medicine cat apprentice, coming to the conclusion that the ShadowClan medicine cat was merely upset at the loss of their home or maybe Daypaw was just a really tough character. Grinning, Juniperpaw took Daypaw's response as an invitation to continue the conversation. ``Yes! That's me! Hey, could I ask you something? Something other than that? And that? And - well, you get the point. How, uh, how does Geckoleaf treat you?`` Juniperpaw glanced at her paws which shuffled quietly against the earth below her. She wasn't trying to offend Daypaw, but rather trying to learn if Geckoleaf's neglect was just towards her and not other felines.
At hearing the question they stopped what they were doing, bringing a slitted gaze down to the molly. Daypaw was rather protective of Geckoleaf, they had grown close after Cricketpaws death. She both meant so much to them, they had both lost so much and the pair had grown closer instantly.¨I consider her the mother I never had. She treats me like the kit she never got the chance to have.¨ Because of Daypaws lack of parental figures it seemed right for Daypaw to call Geckoleaf mother. It fit just right. But they were curious to why Juniperpaw was asking, had Geckoleaf been acting weird? While Daypaw loved geckoleaf to pieces, they wouldnt let their mother lack on their mentor duties just because of personal conflict. A sudden wave of protectiveness flushed over the apprentice, they were much older then Juniper, knew much more, and couldnt help feel some what like a guide, too. ¨Whyre you asking?¨
Old September 4th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Daypaw rolled their eyes at the toms joke, sitting in front of him to inspect his whiskers. When mentioning the flood the apprentice stayed quiet for a moment, eyes going into slits. Even if it had been maybe a moon or so since the flood, but it was still very new to them. They had barely made it out alive, a noticeable scar above their right ear that went to the side of their face. It was noticeable, but fully healed by this point. They had lost everything. Their parents, the closest friend they had, everything. They were tired, but couldnt sleep. Not after that. They gave a small yawn, eyes lidded as they examined his whiskers. ¨Yeah, I made it out alive. Did you get injured at all during the flood?¨

"I'm glad to see that." Meowed Acornfall, his tone genuine and flooded with relief. In fact, had they not been standing here and confirming they were alive, Acornfall would have guessed that Daypaw was dead. They looked horrible to put it frankly; A pile of tired bones more or less. It worried Acornfall to see his friend in such a state. Maybe he'd start bringing Daypaw a small meal each day when he was able to resume his warrior duties.

"Just some small cuts from a few branches, nothing big. It's healed by now." It had healed quite nicely, and with Acorn's thick fur it was hard to even tell he had been injured. "The whiskers are coming in quickly as well." He commented, a small rumble deep in his chest. That had to be the most exciting thing for him.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; September 5th, 2017 at 02:49 AM.
Old September 4th, 2017, 06:53 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

"I'm glad to see that." Meowed Acornfall, his tone genuine and flooded with relief. In fact, had they not been standing here and confirming they were alive, Acornfall would have guessed that Daypaw was dead. They looked horrible to put it frankly; A pile of tired bones more or less. It worried Acornfall to see his friend in such a state. Maybe he'd start bringing Daypaw a small meal each day when he was able to resume his warrior duties.

"Just some small cuts from a few branches, nothing big. It's healed by now." It had healed quite nicely, and with Acorn's thick fur it was hard to even tell he had been injured. "The whisker's are coming in quickly as well." He commented, a small rumble deep in his chest. That had to be the most exciting thing for him.
¨Thats good, no scarring I hope?¨ Daypaw couldnt even tell the cuts were there from how thick Acornfalls fur was. During the flood Daypaw had stressed about all of their patients, and was frankly glad to see Acornfall alive and well. The thought of any of their patients dying scarred them. Leaning forward they sniffed his whiskers before rasping their tongue across his cheek. They had to stand up to do so, seeing how small Daypaw was,and running their face along Acorns for a moment before pulling away. ¨Im glad you made it out alive, you arent dead,right?¨ they mewed. They never really softened up like this, much less around other cats, so this was a big step for Daypaw. Despite their grumpy exterior, they had rare affectionate moments like this.
Old September 4th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Mama Dust

Quote:
¨Thats good, no scarring I hope?¨ Daypaw couldnt even tell the cuts were there from how thick Acornfalls fur was. During the flood Daypaw had stressed about all of their patients, and was frankly glad to see Acornfall alive and well. The thought of any of their patients dying scarred them. Leaning forward they sniffed his whiskers before rasping their tongue across his cheek. They had to stand up to do so, seeing how small Daypaw was,and running their face along Acorns for a moment before pulling away. ¨Im glad you made it out alive, you arent dead,right?¨ they mewed. They never really softened up like this, much less around other cats, so this was a big step for Daypaw. Despite their grumpy exterior, they had rare affectionate moments like this.

"No, no scarring from what I can tell..." Acornfall seemed almost taken aback by the sudden burst of affection from the medicine cat. It was so out of character for Daypaw, with how they acted, Acorn stared blankly at the other for a few moments almost expecting them to give him a good scolding or a gentle lashing, but only met with a joke. Immediately, the elder burst out into a giggle fit, returning Daypaw's affectionate gesture by giving the medicine cat a quick lick between the ears.

"You can't steal my joke like that!" He protested in between each giggle. His heart was swelling, knowing that his friend truly cared for him. Never had he seen such a display from Day, but his expectation of them hadn't changed at all. "Are you sure you're ok? Do you feel hot? Achy?" Acorn teased playfully.

Last edited by Dust; September 5th, 2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old September 4th, 2017, 07:51 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

"No, no scarring from what I can tell..." Acornfall seemed almost taken aback by the sudden burst of affection from the medicine cat. It was so out of character for Daypaw, with how they acted, Acorn stared blankly at the other for a few moments almost expecting them to give him a good scolding or a gentle lashing, but only met with a joke. Immediately, the elder burst out in giggle fit, returning Daypaw's affectionate gesture by giving the medicine cat a quick lick between the ears.

"You can't steal my joke like that!" He protested in between each giggle. His heart was swelling, knowing that his friend truly cared for him. Never had he seen such a display from Day, but his expectation of them hadn't changed at all. "Are you sure you're ok? Do you feel hot? Achy?" Acorn teased playfully.
For once, Daypaw actually smiled. Not a fake smile that they put on to reassure cats, not one they put on out of politeness, but a genuine smile. It had been so long it felt weird to be happy. Ever since the flood things had been looking down. And it sure seemed Daypaw wasnt really taking care of themself. They gave a small purr, a low rumble that you almost wouldnt hear, but it was there. They rolled their eyes once more,¨Funny joke, but I dont think youre the medcat here.¨ they mewed. They eyes Acorns face for another few moments. It seemed like his whiskers were growing back nicely. ¨Your whiskers are growing back according to plan,¨ they mewed, in focus,¨we could start doing some exercises to test your mobility.¨
Old September 4th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Mama Dust

Quote:
For once, Daypaw actually smiled. Not a fake smile that they put on to reassure cats, not one they put on out of politeness, but a genuine smile. It had been so long it felt weird to be happy. Ever since the flood things had been looking down. And it sure seemed Daypaw wasnt really taking care of themself. They gave a small purr, a low rumble that you almost wouldnt hear, but it was there. They rolled their eyes once more,¨Funny joke, but I dont think youre the medcat here.¨ they mewed. They eyes Acorns face for another few moments. It seemed like his whiskers were growing back nicely. ¨Your whiskers are growing back according to plan,¨ they mewed, in focus,¨we could start doing some exercises to test your mobility.¨
A gentle purr rumbled deep in his chest, his tail brushing the loose earth beneath him back and forth. Their time together had been nice. It was silly how choked up he was after the flood, and really Acornfall had been afraid to visit in fear that his friend hadn't made it out of the flood. Seeing the other so genuinely happy, especially after how done with life Day had looked when the elder first entered, caused the tom to grin, his expression lighting up as he listened quietly.

"I certainly hope they're growing back, I'm ready to get back out there and do stuff. My paws are tingling with excitement!" In one fluid motion, the elder was on all four paws, wobbling back and forth rapidly to catch his balance. Upon managing to stabilize himself, Acornfall puffed out his chest and shot Daypaw a confident look. "Who says I need exercises?" He chuckled, then nodded slowly. "I'm ready to start as soon as I can. I can't bear to hear another one of the same stories all the elders tell the kits."

Old September 4th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
They nodded immediately,¨Yes,very good. It means your leg isnt paralyzed and the nerves arent as damaged as it looks.¨ they mewed, eyes glazing over the toms leg. ¨It seems to be broken, but not majorly like it looks. Your cuts need to be cleaned and soothed with herbs, and your leg wrapped up with cobwebs after that to keep it all in place. Youll be in here for awhile while it heals.¨ they explained. Walking over the the herb wall, it was neatly organized, herbs shoved in the cracks of the rocks and dirt and some even growing from the ceiling of the den or freshness. ¨Give your leg a good cleaning while I find the herbs to heal you.¨

Pinewhisker nodded to the medicine cat’s words and instructions, relieved to hear that it was just a simple broken leg and nothing permanently damaged. He glanced at his injuries, his light green-hued eyes skimming over the cuts as they told him about his healing process and how he would be resting here while it heals. “Thank you, Daypaw.” Pinewhisker said, watching as they padded off to fetch the herbs needed for this procedure, bending his head down to his leg and stroking his tongue over the cuts and scrapes that littered the outer flesh. The salty taste of dried blood and dirt hit his tongue and made the young male cringe, but that did not keep him from thoroughly cleaning the wound. Pausing in the middle of this, he looked to his healer once more, “Would my friends be able to visit me in here while I heal or would that be unacceptable since there are so many patients crowding the den already?” The male decided to ask, thinking about Needlescar and Sproutwhisker, wondering if they were worried about him and wished to come see him soon.