Today 02:00 PM

Old December 30th, 2023, 03:46 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Firestorm cringed away at Scorchedfang’s words. She still felt guilty for him having gotten hurt the way he did when they encountered that loner at the border. Was it alright for her to stand up to him? He did have a good point, however, she didn’t want anyone to slip past her just because her guard was down.

As she pondered this, another voice rang out, accusing Lightningstorm of foul play. Eyes uncharacteristically narrowing, she whipped her head around to glare at the tom. ”You.” She snarled ”Just shut UP. How dare you accuse Lightningstorm of doing something so vile?” Claws unsheathing as she debated leaving her position in front of the den, she lashed her tail angrily. ”Spots would NEVER do something to put Cowtuft in harm’s way or relieve him of his position. She loves him. And Twilightstar never said Lightningstorm was blaming Cowtuft so just be quiet unless you have something smart to say. She would never ever do anything to harm the clan and has been working her tail off to make sure you and the rest of the clan is thriving since she was a kit! She would rather die than put one of us in harm’s way intentionally. You sound ignorant and stupid, just throwing around baseless accusations just because you want to hear your own voice.” she spat out, making sure each and every word was properly pronounced so there could be no miscommunication.

Initially she had had half a mind to back down when Scorchy suggested it, but she was NOT going to let anyone bad mouth Spots in such a malicious manner. The usually sweet little fluffball was very very pissed off at the moment and Wildstorm’s words were just the final nail in the coffin. Their argument just didn’t make any sense and it was very clear that they not only didn’t know the younger of the healer’s at all, but didn’t know the relationship that the two healers shared with one another. How could someone be that hare-brained to even come up with such a conclusion!? Firestorm still very clearly remembered the way that Lightningstorm, then Lightningkit had helped Cowtuft when they had the Snow Fever in the previous Leaf-Bare before eventually starting her training on the path of a warrior and eventually becoming the medicine cat apprentice. Not to mention, for as long as she could remember, Lightningstorm had always had the clan’s best interest at heart and had saved many lives (hers included). What motive would she have to start killing others? There was none.

[ @Cubeisdagoat @BEAR. I’m half asleep writing this, whoops]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old December 30th, 2023, 03:55 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Firestorm

Firestorm cringed away at Scorchedfang’s words. She still felt guilty for him having gotten hurt the way he did when they encountered that loner at the border. Was it alright for her to stand up to him? He did have a good point, however, she didn’t want anyone to slip past her just because her guard was down.

As she pondered this, another voice rang out, accusing Lightningstorm of foul play. Eyes uncharacteristically narrowing, she whipped her head around to glare at the tom. ”You.” She snarled ”Just shut UP. How dare you accuse Lightningstorm of doing something so vile?” Claws unsheathing as she debated leaving her position in front of the den, she lashed her tail angrily. ”Spots would NEVER do something to put Cowtuft in harm’s way or relieve him of his position. She loves him. And Twilightstar never said Lightningstorm was blaming Cowtuft so just be quiet unless you have something smart to say. She would never ever do anything to harm the clan and has been working her tail off to make sure you and the rest of the clan is thriving since she was a kit! She would rather die than put one of us in harm’s way intentionally. You sound ignorant and stupid, just throwing around baseless accusations just because you want to hear your own voice.” she spat out, making sure each and every word was properly pronounced so there could be no miscommunication.

Initially she had had half a mind to back down when Scorchy suggested it, but she was NOT going to let anyone bad mouth Spots in such a malicious manner. The usually sweet little fluffball was very very pissed off at the moment and Wildstorm’s words were just the final nail in the coffin. Their argument just didn’t make any sense and it was very clear that they not only didn’t know the younger of the healer’s at all, but didn’t know the relationship that the two healers shared with one another. How could someone be that hare-brained to even come up with such a conclusion!? Firestorm still very clearly remembered the way that Lightningstorm, then Lightningkit had helped Cowtuft when they had the Snow Fever in the previous Leaf-Bare before eventually starting her training on the path of a warrior and eventually becoming the medicine cat apprentice. Not to mention, for as long as she could remember, Lightningstorm had always had the clan’s best interest at heart and had saved many lives (hers included). What motive would she have to start killing others? There was none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

She appeared as silent as a soft breeze, ears erect picking up on the accusations and comments tossed out by her clanmates. The leader paused in front of Leafspot's corpse with a heavy frown on her maw. She briefly touched her nose to the cat's cold flank and huffed quietly. When she lifted her head again, the leader let out a shrill yowl calling for everyone's attention.

"WindClan come gather!" It was an impromptu meeting, but one that needed to happen. Twilightstar wanted everyone's ears and eyes on her. "Lightningstorm has found the cause for the deaths, as ThunderClan suspected from StarClan's word," She spat out the latter with open disdain, "It is poison from death berries, some of the herbs were coated in them."She paused before speaking her next words.

"Death berries were found by Lightningstorm hidden within in the medicine den." She pinned her ears back expecting to hear yowls to start up about murderous medicine cats and all that. She had already heard a bit of their back and forth earlier, she wasn't interested in them starting it up again, so she swiftly raised her tail ordering them to keep silent as she went on.

"Before you start jumping to conclusions and throwing blame around, I will have you know that I don't like this. None of this makes any sense to me. I am sure some of you are going to place the blame on our medicine cats, whether it's just an emotional response to needing someone to blame or something else. I'm not looking for that. I'm asking you to cast aside your emotions and think this through."

"Cowtuft has served seasons as WindClan's medicine cat. I know some of you may have forgotten, taken it for granted, or overlooked it, but he's never acted out or shown any type of desire to harm anyone in WindClan. Even injured, I've seen him prioritize his clanmate's health over his own. If he truly wanted to harm us, he's had so many chances to do so. Out of all of the medicine cats who have served under me, Cowtuft has been one of the best."

"However, that doesn't exempt him from the harm caused. We've lost several clanmates to what was thought to be a plague and instead was poison. Regardless how how it happened or who did it, I will be holding Cowtuft accountable for negligence and multiple deaths that occurred on his watch as senior medicine cat. I've already settled on punishing him. However, how steep the punishment will be up to you to convince me if he's an actual threat to the clan or not."

Twilightstar had already decided after leaving the medicine cat's den that Cowtuft would be punished. However, whether it was thought that this was done with malicious purpose or a simple accident would decide how the punishment veered.

"As for Lightningstorm, I've no reason to believe she was involved with any of this so she will be left alone." When all is said and done, WindClan needs a medicine cat, whether they like it or not.

"I want to hear what Cowtuft has to say about all of this first, and I want Leafspot's body given a proper burial. There is no need to investigate since the cause of death has already been found."

#wcmeeting

Spottedpaw
Peaceful, Hopeful, Neutral Good
“They will disappoint you. Your clan, they are fools never to be put on a pedal stool"

Seeing so many people not waiting for Cowtuft to actually be able to speak Spottedpaw decided that it was time to speak up, there was so little time especially with all these cats joining in on the dogpile against Cowtuft. Then she saw the rage of her mother when Lightingstorm was brought into this. No, this was unacceptable. Spottedpaw quickly spoke up before the floor could be taken by other person, time was running out. Now was your time. “Excuse me Twilightstar, if I may speak?” She asked politely before she spoke anyways. Fate might be deadly cruel to Cowtuft if she let any precious time go by. “I do not think that we should hold Cowtuft as heavily accountable as you may think we should. Let me explain why I think this.” Here it was, time to lay out a spiel.

First off... Why. Tell me why Cowtuft would suddenly decide to turn on his clan after all this time? He had dedicated most of his life to healing and helping the clan. What could be so tempting to make one break their healing vows? Power? From what? Last I checked no one gains power of souls or some other mousedung from killing others. Nothing really makes sense here, there is nothing to gain from this.” Spottedpaw could have added if a cat was evil but she needed to be incredibly careful with her words. If she left it like there was nothing that could even be a reason others might be influenced by that.

Secondly, how was he exactly supposed to know? If this poisoning was so incredibly well hidden then what in all of the clans could he have done? No one in the entire clan was able to smell something awry here, how.. Tell me how he was supposed to know then? What are we supposed to do, have the medicine cat eat a bit of every herb there is then give it to others? This seems like a fantastic way to lose all our medicine cats without even poisoned berries. I know nothing about medicine but I can make an educated guess that you are not supposed to eat a bit of all of them. Then what? Do we keep rats in some kind of pit just to know if herbs are poisoned? I mean, good luck on that one.

I suppose you could ask why wasn’t this found earlier than we did, but I think we really should be asking how did a cat manage to slip past us to poison the clan like this? Why weren't there any glaring red flags when someone had brought in enough of these berries? Honestly, with someone who was able to fool this clan this much, this saddening of a degree, I think they must have thought that they could pin the blame on the medicine cats and get away with it.

And you know what?

Punishing Cowtuft would prove them right and how sad this clan is.
Old December 30th, 2023, 04:16 AM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp I'm very behind schedule!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty (inactive)
91/100

Screeches fell on Frostpaw's sensitive ears as she laid in her nest, in the apprentices' den, awakening her from her slumber. At first confusion clouded her mind, then panic along with a hint of curiosity, though not the good kind. Dread pulled at her stomach as she crept to the entrance of the den and poked her head out, pupils dilating in shock as she caught sight of the scene. A dead body in the clearing, cats crying and mourning, others screeching accusations. A horrible, yet dreadfully common, commotion. She'd seen it before, too much fod her liking but what was there to do? Nothing but wait for someone to defuse the situation...sadly, that usually meant someone getting exiled. Often someone shouting at others that they were murders...

Watching with wide eyes, the young she-cat flinched at all the shouting. She hated loud noises, especially yowls. Stop, stop, please stop! she begged for peace in her mind but she didn't dare voice pleas, knowing that the fire would turn on her if she even tried to get involved. There was always someone who would place the blame on innocent cats from what she'd experienced.

Jumping slightly as Twilightstar's voice boomed across the clearing, her surprise was quickly replaced by relief knowing that her leader was here to settle thing, though she didn't like what she was hearing. Poison? Oh gosh, that's terrible! And Cowtuft was getting punished?...Well, it was sad but fair she supposed and it wasn’t like he was getting demoted or anything. Suddenly a loud, accusing voice started to speak again.

Fur bristling in shock at the outrageous statement, Frostpaw felt something snap inside her not just because of the stupidity and lack of evidence but simply because, to her, this was completely unbelievable and that Wildstorm was just placing the blame on Lightningstorm for the sake of blaming someone! Why couldn't they just leave it?

"What? Why would you even say that? Lightningstorm wouldn't do that! Neither would Cowtuft! They would never hurt the clan intentionally! Why are you blaming Lightningstorm for just finding the berries? You have no evidence it was her. It probably wasn't anyone in the clan! It was...I dunno, a rogue or something! Just...you shouldn't blame someone when you have no proof just for the sake of blaming cats. We don't know anything yet so we should all just calm down and figure this out. Is that so hard?" Well that was surprising, even for Frostpaw. She was usually shy and timid but she'd just, in the heat of the moment, had a burst of courage and an urge to fight this injustice...though it would take a few moments to see if her efforts were in vain and if she'd have to face a wave of angry clanmates, this time screaming at her.

@Cubeisdagoat @(literally anyone else)

(Yay character development! :3 )

OPEN

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old December 30th, 2023, 04:59 AM
Lost soul

Bump Policy: on hiatus again
My Mood: Queenly

- - - >Blizzardpelt’[Male - He/Him - WindClan - Warrior]’< - - -

The shock of hearing the news shocked the tom. Blizzardpelt could not do anything but feel guilty…sure, he hadn’t done anything, but the shock of seeing his Clanmate just drop dead scared him for so many reasons…none of them good. He dipped his head in mourn at the back of the crowd, listening to the rest of the Clan. These moons have been harder, and will just get more troublesome… he thought to himself.

My OCs bios|Back from Hiatus
My pronouns are; She/Her/He/Him/They/Them/It. My timezone is GMT+8. I go to school from 8:30 to 3:45. Originally joined on August 6th, 2019. Please keep in mind that my characters have their beliefs and does not mean I always approve their behavior.

Last edited by arrow.; December 30th, 2023 at 06:23 AM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 05:00 AM
Lack of interactions

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Busy

──────────────
[Springpaw | She/Her | 6 moons ]

Windclan Apprentice | Post : 27
purrks: none

──────────────
All of this is giving her a headache. Could this get any worse? The young she-cat sighed. So much yelling. So much anger. Why...why did someone else have to die like that? It all doesn't make sense. Who would do this? Who would want to harm their clanmates..? Is it even a windclanner's doing? It probably was and that fact which made Spring more anxious than she already was. Is there really a traitor in windclan? So is this what Duskshiver meant about that there could be bloodthirsty cats in windclan? Technically not bloodthirsty since this isn't bloody or violent but the point still stands! I-if so then they need to investigate who it was right away! It..couldn't have been Cowtuft though! He's such a nice cat! Why would he do such things?? He cares for his clanmates so so much and he wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose! This is probably just an accident! He didn't know about the death berries! Oh no this is not good. Why are so many bad things happening?? Are any of the herbs safe anymore?? Worry drifted onto her face, eyes seemingly filled with fear.

The she-cat's ears perked, hearing Wildstorm accusation of Lightningstorm (why were their names so similar??). "no! It couldn't have been Lightningstorm either! Why would Lightningstorm do something like that? Why would she want to harm her clanmates and then try to blame her own mentor!? There's just no reason for her to want to! She's one of the kindest cats in windclan along with Cowtuft! There's..no reason to accuse her of causing all this poison and death so i don't think you should, especially without any evidence(that's the word, right?) regarding any of your statements!". The only way for her to even barely believe the warrior is that if he actually has some sort of actual reasoning but she really doubted there being any. Someone in the clan was going to find the deathbearries at some point anyway. It just so happens to be Lightningstorm. The 2 medicine cats of windclan would risk their lives just for their clanmates so accusing them of intentionally harming their clanmates just isn't right and it doesn't make sense and it can't be true! She really hope nothing bad happens to them with all this happening.
╰─▸ ❝ @Cubeisdagoat [Wildstorm]

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old December 30th, 2023, 05:00 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty (inactive)
91/100

Screeches fell on Frostpaw's sensitive ears as she laid in her nest, in the apprentices' den, awakening her from her slumber. At first confusion clouded her mind, then panic along with a hint of curiosity, though not the good kind. Dread pulled at her stomach as she crept to the entrance of the den and poked her head out, pupils dilating in shock as she caught sight of the scene. A dead body in the clearing, cats crying and mourning, others screeching accusations. A horrible, yet dreadfully common, commotion. She'd seen it before, too much fod her liking but what was there to do? Nothing but wait for someone to defuse the situation...sadly, that usually meant someone getting exiled. Often someone shouting at others that they were murders...

Watching with wide eyes, the young she-cat flinched at all the shouting. She hated loud noises, especially yowls. Stop, stop, please stop! she begged for peace in her mind but she didn't dare voice pleas, knowing that the fire would turn on her if she even tried to get involved. There was always someone who would place the blame on innocent cats from what she'd experienced.

Jumping slightly as Twilightstar's voice boomed across the clearing, her surprise was quickly replaced by relief knowing that her leader was here to settle thing, though she didn't like what she was hearing. Poison? Oh gosh, that's terrible! And Cowtuft was getting punished?...Well, it was sad but fair she supposed and it wasn’t like he was getting demoted or anything. Suddenly a loud, accusing voice started to speak again.

Fur bristling in shock at the outrageous statement, Frostpaw felt something snap inside her not just because of the stupidity and lack of evidence but simply because, to her, this was completely unbelievable and that Wildstorm was just placing the blame on Lightningstorm for the sake of blaming someone! Why couldn't they just leave it?

"What? Why would you even say that? Lightningstorm wouldn't do that! Neither would Cowtuft! They would never hurt the clan intentionally! Why are you blaming Lightningstorm for just finding the berries? You have no evidence it was her. It probably wasn't anyone in the clan! It was...I dunno, a rogue or something! Just...you shouldn't blame someone when you have no proof just for the sake of blaming cats. We don't know anything yet so we should all just calm down and figure this out. Is that so hard?" Well that was surprising, even for Frostpaw. She was usually shy and timid but she'd just, in the heat of the moment, had a burst of courage and an urge to fight this injustice...though it would take a few moments to see if her efforts were in vain and if she'd have to face a wave of angry clanmates, this time screaming at her.

@Cubeisdagoat @(literally anyone else)

(Yay character development! :3 )

OPEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 98 moons - WindClan - aroace - agatha kitty - tags; @Cubeisdagoat
Softsong scoffed at Wildstorm's accusation. "Don't be mouse-brained. Why would she do that? Cowtuft trained her himself, and she has just as little motive to kill her clanmates as he does - that leaves her with possible motives zero for two. I don't disagree that Cowtuft may have been framed, but Lightningstorm is an unlikely culprit."
"am I seriously the only one who gets the feeling that all the power being a medicine cat gives has corrupted Lightningstorm?" Wildstorm sighed before taking a deep breath. "And actually, Spottedpaw has a point- if we punished Cowtuft without enough evidence it would be a sign of weakness." His tail swayed as he gave the apprentice a soft nod of acknowledgement.
Old December 30th, 2023, 05:03 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangoligon View Post
──────────────
[Springpaw | She/Her | 6 moons ]

Windclan Apprentice | Post : 27
purrks: none

──────────────
All of this is giving her a headache. Could this get any worse? The young she-cat sighed. So much yelling. So much anger. Why...why did someone else have to die like that? It all doesn't make sense. Who would do this? Who would want to harm their clanmates..? Is it even a windclanner's doing? It probably was and that fact which made Spring more anxious than she already was. Is there really a traitor in windclan? So is this what Duskshiver meant about that there could be bloodthirsty cats in windclan? Technically not bloodthirsty since this isn't bloody or violent but the point still stands! I-if so then they need to investigate who it was right away! It..couldn't have been Cowtuft though! He's such a nice cat! Why would he do such things?? He cares for his clanmates so so much and he wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose! This is probably just an accident! He didn't know about the death berries! Oh no this is not good. Why are so many bad things happening?? Are any of the herbs safe anymore?? Worry drifted onto her face, eyes seemingly filled with fear.

The she-cat's ears perked, hearing Wildstorm accusation of Lightningstorm (why were their names so similar??). "no! It couldn't have been Lightningstorm either! Why would Lightningstorm do something like that? Why would she want to harm her clanmates and then try to blame her own mentor!? There's just no reason for her to want to! She's one of the kindest cats in windclan along with Cowtuft! There's..no reason to accuse her of causing all this poison and death so i don't think you should, especially without any evidence(that's the word, right?) regarding any of your statements!". The only way for her to even barely believe the warrior is that if he actually has some sort of actual reasoning but she really doubted there being any. Someone in the clan was going to find the deathbearries at some point anyway. It just so happens to be Lightningstorm. The 2 medicine cats of windclan would risk their lives just for their clanmates so accusing them of intentionally harming their clanmates just isn't right and it doesn't make sense and it can't be true! She really hope nothing bad happens to them with all this happening.
╰─▸ ❝ @Cubeisdagoat [Wildstorm]
"I reckon Lightningstorm is using her kind nature as a facade to cover up her guilt! Doesn't it seem odd to you that Cowtuft, the one cat I actually like, is getting into trouble for something he's most likely being framed for? Or, worse, it could be anyone else here. It could've been any one of us, and we were least expecting it." He made his voice loud and clear so everyone was able to hear him.
Old December 30th, 2023, 06:42 AM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
Windclan
He/him | 45 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and a white chest, muzzle and paws]

———————-
Oh boy so many pings…
[Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [Softsong - @lesbianism ] [Bravebird - @tallulah ] [Twilightstar - @Moonraven ] [Firestorm - @Dark ] [Spottedpaw - @TheLostAmongTheStars ] [Scorchedfang - @BEAR. ] [Wildstorm - @Cubeisdagoat ] [Redpaw - @Nalia ] [Frostpaw - @The Doctor ] [Blizzardpelt - @arrow. ] [Springpaw - @Pangoligon ] [Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Sweetkit - @FrostyGalaxy ] [Whisperingpaw - @ChaosBringer. ]
———————-
Hawkfur’s mind was swimming with all of the voices and information he was being surrounded with. More and more cats rushed to Leafspot’s body, shouting in sadness and anger and disbelief. For the love of Starclan, everything was going to foxdung. It seemed as though his words reached a few of the cats around him, however, and he didn’t miss Poppysong’s grateful look of which he warmly returned.

He also didn’t miss Bravebird’s stricken gaze as it met his own, and he forced himself to soften, feeling a little guilt for snapping at her. She was just doing what she thought was right. They all were. And Hawkfur knew, deep down, that there was no possible way the medicine cats had done this on purpose. He remembered Lightningstorm’s apprentice ceremony, and the newly named medicine cat returning from the Star Cave with an excited twinkle in her eyes. Lightningstorm would never. At least, he wanted to believe that. He moved slowly, as if through water, to Bravebird, and nosed her cheek. “We’re going to figure this out.” He murmured, and pulled away, determination in his gaze. “And for the rest of you!!” He raised his voice, glancing at all the cats gathered. “There will be no banishing, attacking, or further accusation until Twilightstar and the medicine cats explain themselves.” He twisted to Firestorm, stomach warming with amusement tinged with a little annoyance at their display. “No one is going to harm them, Firestorm.” He shot a glare at a properly chastised Whisperingpaw, then nodded resolutely again at the warrior guarding the entrance to the medicine cat den.

Hawkfur wanted answers as much as everyone else, and he would be lying if he said suspicion hadn’t rooted itself into his heart, but nothing about this felt right, least of all accusing cats who had put their lives and more on the line for the clan. Relief swept through him when Twilightstar arrived and took control of the situation, and he allowed himself to sit and just be silent for several moments while the leader talked. Even then, the molly’s words did nothing to assuage the worried ache in his chest. Twilightstar knew? Then why hadn’t anything been done?? No, no. Hawkfur internally shook himself. He had undying faith in his leader, and was certain she had a reason. But the dead cat rapidly cooling nearby did not help his growing concern.

It seemed as though some cats were still up in arms against the medicine cats, but Hawkfur barely had the energy to snap at them, merely casting a frustrated glare their way and hoping they felt it. Others stood resolute in their belief of the medicine cats’ innocence, and he wondered vaguely how far everyone would take this. Would this tear the clan apart? Windclan had to be stronger than that, right?

“There is no further need for investigation” Twilightstar had said. Hawkfur felt his fur bristle a bit. Sure, the cause of death had been found, but that still meant many herbs had been poisoned. If not an investigation of the medicine cats, one of the area was needed. He also agreed with the sentiment that guards needed to be placed by the den to ensure no other cat could continue to poison the herbs, if that was the case.

Hawkfur remained by Bravebird, watching Twilightstar carefully all throughout the chaos. He trusted the molly. He only hoped his trust was well-placed.

[PHEW excuse any formatting errors this was a doozy to write on mobile]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; December 30th, 2023 at 06:56 AM.
Old December 30th, 2023, 06:46 AM
The forgetful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Hawkfur
Windclan
He/him | 45 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and a white chest, muzzle and paws]

———————-
Oh boy so many pings…
[Poppysong - @MangofDoom ] [Softsong - @lesbianism ] [Bravebird - @tallulah ] [Twilightstar - @Moonraven ] [Firestorm - @Dark ] [Spottedpaw - @TheLostAmongTheStars ] [Scorchedfang - @BEAR. ] [Wildstorm - @Cubeisdagoat ] [Redpaw - @Nalia ] [Frostpaw - @The Doctor ] [Blizzardfang - @arrow. ] [Springpaw - @Pangoligon ] [Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Sweetkit - @FrostyGalaxy ] [Whisperingpaw - @ChaosBringer. ]
———————-
Hawkfur’s mind was swimming with all of the voices and information he was being surrounded with. More and more cats rushed to Leafspot’s body, shouting in sadness and anger and disbelief. For the love of Starclan, everything was going to foxdung. It seemed as though his words reached a few of the cats around him, however, and he didn’t miss Poppysong’s grateful look of which he warmly returned.

He also didn’t miss Bravebird’s stricken gaze as it met his own, and he forced himself to soften, feeling a little guilt for snapping at her. She was just doing what she thought was right. They all were. And Hawkfur knew, deep down, that there was no possible way the medicine cats had done this on purpose. He remembered Lightningstorm’s apprentice ceremony, and the newly named medicine cat returning from the Star Cave with an excited twinkle in her eyes. Lightningstorm would never. At least, he wanted to believe that. He moved slowly, as if through water, to Bravebird, and nosed her cheek. “We’re going to figure this out.” He murmured, and pulled away, determination in his gaze. “And for the rest of you!!” He raised his voice, glancing at all the cats gathered. “There will be no banishing, attacking, or further accusation until Twilightstar and the medicine cats explain themselves.” He twisted to Firestorm, stomach warming with amusement tinged with a little annoyance at their display. “No one is going to harm them, Firestorm.” He shot a glare at a properly chastised Whisperingpaw, then nodded resolutely again at the warrior guarding the entrance to the medicine cat den.

Hawkfur wanted answers as much as everyone else, and he would be lying if he said suspicion hadn’t rooted itself into his heart, but nothing about this felt right, least of all accusing cats who had put their lives and more on the line for the clan. Relief swept through him when Twilightstar arrived and took control of the situation, and he allowed himself to sit and just be silent for several moments while the leader talked. Even then, the molly’s words did nothing to assuage the worried ache in his chest. Twilightstar knew? Then why hadn’t anything been done?? No, no. Hawkfur internally shook himself. He had undying faith in his leader, and was certain she had a reason. But the dead cat rapidly cooling nearby did not help his growing concern.

It seemed as though some cats were still up in arms against the medicine cats, but Hawkfur barely had the energy to snap at them, merely casting a frustrated glare their way and hoping they felt it. Others stood resolute in their belief of the medicine cats’ innocence, and he wondered vaguely how far everyone would take this. Would this tear the clan apart? Windclan had to be stronger than that, right?

“There is no further need for investigation” Twilightstar had said. Hawkfur felt his fur bristle a bit. Sure, the cause of death had been found, but that still meant many herbs had been poisoned. If not an investigation of the medicine cats, one of the area was needed. He also agreed with the sentiment that guards needed to be placed by the den to ensure no other cat could continue to poison the herbs, if that was the case.

Hawkfur remained by Bravebird, watching Twilightstar carefully all throughout the chaos. He trusted the molly. He only hoped his trust was well-placed.

[PHEW excuse any formatting errors this was a doozy to write on mobile]
Wildstorm completely ignored everything and just left.
Old December 30th, 2023, 07:10 AM
#Salva

Bump Policy: whenever
My Mood: Dark

Basilthroat
They/He~Windclan~24 Moons
"I don't need the world to see
That I've been the best I can be"

"Anycat can be evil, no matter how nice they can act" he softly said. "I dont believe it was Lightingstorm who is at fault but.." Basilthroat trailed off.

★☆"There is no show without an Audience!"☆★
Gentlecrab is Beachclan's Medicine cat, pearl has a semi-open den policy
Please use tone tags when speaking to me
Character website
Commisions