Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by WCUEhoneyfur
Today 03:16 PM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 03:03 PM
Dakotaas art shop!
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 03:02 PM
Looking for PebbleSplash...
by Dakotaa
Last post by MaplestrikeWCUE
Today 03:02 PM

Old November 20th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Chatbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingEchoes View Post

Sorry I quoted this from so long ago, I was reading through th e old pages and came across this and wanted to clear a few things up.

I don't know what kind of orthodontics you guys have experienced, or which orthodontists you've been to, but I haven't found any of these things to be true.(I've had braces for 5 years. My sister and my two brothers also had them.)
I've never had intense pain with my braces, chances are if you are experiencing this, your orthodontist moves things a little too quickly. My orthodontist very much believes in slow and steady wins the race. I've had extremely minor discomfort but I would never call it painful.

As for inconvenient, I'm afraid I don't know what you guys mean. Some people have the wrong natural kind of enamel(Or something like that, I don't exactly remember.) Which causes the brackets not to stick to the teeth like they should, but I think it's pretty rare. I have a lot of friends who have had braces, and only one person had this happen to them.

I don't know any other languages*, but I experienced this in English
For about two or three days, after which I learned how to speak around them. Chances are you just need to practice the words you can't pronounce more.

Again, I haven't had my braces off yet, but one of my brothers and my sister have, and my sister's teeth have barely moved, even though she never wears her retainer. My brother's teeth haven't moved at all, he wears his retainer every night.

In closing, if your teeth don't impede your eating, and you're perfectly happy with them, there's no reason for you to get them. I simply made this so that anyone who needs/wants braces wouldn't be deterred by this. As for money, if you are prescribed them, insurance usually covers them.

This was in no way meant as rude or disrespectful, I just wanted to clear a few things up.
I live in UK so it's different here
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:13 AM
sushi

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
I live in UK so it's different here
It isn’t different?
I hate to break it to you, but all, if not most, orthodontists work the same. They get the same qualifications, practice and courses. It doesn’t depend where you live? I live in the UK, too, and although i’ve never gotten braces, I’m pretty definite that because you’re in the UK; it doesn’t effect the way your braces are put on you.

And, if you believe that it’s not the same in the UK as it is in the US, then would you mind enlightening me / us?
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡

Last edited by mvoxhu; November 20th, 2017 at 03:20 AM.
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:25 AM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Quote:

Sorry I quoted this from so long ago, I was reading through th e old pages and came across this and wanted to clear a few things up.

I don't know what kind of orthodontics you guys have experienced, or which orthodontists you've been to, but I haven't found any of these things to be true.(I've had braces for 5 years. My sister and my two brothers also had them.)
I've never had intense pain with my braces, chances are if you are experiencing this, your orthodontist moves things a little too quickly. My orthodontist very much believes in slow and steady wins the race. I've had extremely minor discomfort but I would never call it painful.

As for inconvenient, I'm afraid I don't know what you guys mean. Some people have the wrong natural kind of enamel(Or something like that, I don't exactly remember.) Which causes the brackets not to stick to the teeth like they should, but I think it's pretty rare. I have a lot of friends who have had braces, and only one person had this happen to them.

I don't know any other languages*, but I experienced this in English
For about two or three days, after which I learned how to speak around them. Chances are you just need to practice the words you can't pronounce more.

Again, I haven't had my braces off yet, but one of my brothers and my sister have, and my sister's teeth have barely moved, even though she never wears her retainer. My brother's teeth haven't moved at all, he wears his retainer every night.

In closing, if your teeth don't impede your eating, and you're perfectly happy with them, there's no reason for you to get them. I simply made this so that anyone who needs/wants braces wouldn't be deterred by this. As for money, if you are prescribed them, insurance usually covers them.

This was in no way meant as rude or disrespectful, I just wanted to clear a few things up.
Yeah, I know I was very negative ^^", but that's because 3 of my braces had gone off at the time, and I was highly stressed and upset at my orthodentist : she had put braces way too big for my teeth. I've had them fixed two days ago. And it hurts, again. But hopefully it will fade in a few days. And stay put, I hope.

The language thing had fixed itself ... until now. I have to do it all over again for both french and english, but oh well. I just have to deal with it.

But you're lucky you never felt pain. To this day I had never seen anyone who didn't feel pain with their braces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompaws View Post
It isn’t different?
I hate to break it to you, but all, if not most, orthodontists work the same. They get the same qualifications, practice and courses. It doesn’t depend where you live? I live in the UK, too, and although i’ve never gotten braces, I’m pretty definite that because you’re in the UK; it doesn’t effect the way your braces are put on you.

And, if you believe that it’s not the same in the UK as it is in the US, then would you mind enlightening me / us?
Actually, from words of actual orthodentists, it does affect how braces are put on you.
They don't all work the same way. I couldn't get any other orthodentists to fix my braces in the stead of the usual one as they all have their own methods in how much pressure they put on the teeth and what kind of glue they use.

Last edited by PeaFlower; November 20th, 2017 at 05:28 AM.
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:45 AM
sushi

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post

Actually, from words of actual orthodentists, it does affect how braces are put on you.
They don't all work the same way. I couldn't get any other orthodentists to fix my braces in the stead of the usual one as they all have their own methods in how much pressure they put on the teeth and what kind of glue they use.
I was more implying that it doesn’t depend on where you live, orthodontists have to follow, mainly, the same process and procedures to putting on the braces as they do in most countries.

“An orthodontist is a dentist who specializes in how the jaws and teeth are aligned. They have the important job of helping people whose teeth are misaligned or require some kind of correction – those with an improper bite, or malocclusion.”

The overall job is described as above, and what i am stating is that they all do the same job. Of course, some orthodontists may add more glue than others, or they may not do certain steps in the same order as others. But their ‘task’ and ‘job’ is strict on the idealising of teeth alignment and positioning.
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡

Last edited by mvoxhu; November 20th, 2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:01 AM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
I was more implying that it doesn’t depend on where you live, orthodontists have to follow, mainly, the same process and procedures to putting on the braces as they do in most countries.

“An orthodontist is a dentist who specializes in how the jaws and teeth are aligned. They have the important job of helping people whose teeth are misaligned or require some kind of correction – those with an improper bite, or malocclusion.”

The overall job is described as above, and what i am stating is that they all do the same job. Of course, some orthodontists may add more glue than others, or they may not do certain steps in the same order as others. But their ‘task’ and ‘job’ is strict on the idealising of teeth alignment and positioning.
Oh, alright. Yeah, that's true on that point.

My bad, I didn't understand your previous post that way. I sometimes have trouble understanding english when I'm tired, so that must have been it.

Old November 20th, 2017, 09:03 AM

My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post
Yeah, I know I was very negative ^^", but that's because 3 of my braces had gone off at the time, and I was highly stressed and upset at my orthodentist : she had put braces way too big for my teeth. I've had them fixed two days ago. And it hurts, again. But hopefully it will fade in a few days. And stay put, I hope.

The language thing had fixed itself ... until now. I have to do it all over again for both french and english, but oh well. I just have to deal with it.

But you're lucky you never felt pain. To this day I had never seen anyone who didn't feel pain with their braces.

I do have a high pain tolerance, so it might be that. But more likely it's just the way my orthodontist does things, since my siblings haven't had much pain either.
It might also be that I had my braces on at a very young age, which gives them more time to gently move them, rather than having to kind of shove them.

If I don't respond feel free ot PM?VM/@ me!
Finder | Kits needed | My Fair Lady Plot | Sound of Silence Plot | Charrie Site-HUGE WIP | Essie and Constellation's Romeo by SpiralWhirl
PM/VM me if you want to roleplay!
I have a lot of roleplays so if I don't respond, VM me!
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:07 AM
I'm actually back...

My Mood: Chatty

Quote:

I do have a high pain tolerance, so it might be that. But more likely it's just the way my orthodontist does things, since my siblings haven't had much pain either.
It might also be that I had my braces on at a very young age, which gives them more time to gently move them, rather than having to kind of shove them.
Ohh, I'm going to be Getting Braces soon....And I Don't know what color to do, I Was thinking to either get the clear plastic ones, or maybe black....But if I Get black I Would only look more like an emo since I Usually only wear black....And I Don't like the way the metal ones look, because they would make me look like a nerd.....

Last edited by Akari; November 20th, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:38 AM

My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akari View Post
Ohh, I'm going to be Getting Braces soon....And I Don't know what color to do, I Was thinking to either get the clear plastic ones, or maybe black....But if I Get black I Would only look more like an emo since I Usually only wear black....And I Don't like the way the metal ones look, because they would make me look like a nerd.....
I have the metal ones, they don't look as weird as you would think. But other than that I would suggest clear.

If I don't respond feel free ot PM?VM/@ me!
Finder | Kits needed | My Fair Lady Plot | Sound of Silence Plot | Charrie Site-HUGE WIP | Essie and Constellation's Romeo by SpiralWhirl
PM/VM me if you want to roleplay!
I have a lot of roleplays so if I don't respond, VM me!
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Falling In

Quote:
It isn’t different?

Well, I assume...just from what everyone is saying...it sounds completely different to what we have here...or maybe it's even different parts of UK...
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akari View Post
For us I think it costs to have clear I'm not sure...the first time you get braces (or if you have them as a child) you get them free but then after that and when you're older you have to pay and it's thousands and thousands of pounds...