Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by starry
Today 01:09 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:09 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:59 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Fits
Today 12:57 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:49 PM

Old February 19th, 2018, 02:06 PM
'No Ones Better Than You'

Default Re: Chatbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
some people hand pick their successors because they personally know that that person will fulfill their duties. like you said, the hrs were constantly changing, so it makes more sense to hand pick people that you know will stay. complaining about it publicly will not get you any where. we cant help when a person is booted for whatever PERSONAL reason, but the site goes on and the roles are filled. having an hr doesnt mean anything, it just means your cat is on the sidebar, thats it. its not a popularity contest, or having your cat noticed. instead of focusing on getting an hr so much i suggest just focus on roleplayings, improving writing, having good activity/attitude on the site, and good things MIGHT come to you. i opened apprentice applications for daydream to give people a CHANCE, not for people to complain.
Hey, Daley, are you in a debate team?

Just something I think you would be good at

Site Finder
Pet's name: Stardust ❤︎

Just Dm me.
I have a tumblr
Momotaro245.

- Currently -
i will reply weekends
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~rattlesnake~ View Post

Uh, not trying to be rude, but i feel you are throwing shade at me, because i lost my HR due to inactivity.

also, i think you are putting a bit to much weight on a site where we role play intelligent cats with tiny little communities.

Another thing, most people wouldn't 'do anything' for a HR, mine was a happy surprise, and me loosing it was an kinda annoying but okay thing.
No no no I certainly wasn't throwing shade at you...

I was so happy for you when you got that role and I wish you could've ha it longer it's such a shame what happened
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:21 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~rattlesnake~ View Post

Hey, Daley, are you in a debate team?

Just something I think you would be good at
nah, but ive considered joining !
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Falling In

GUYS WHEN I SAID WHAT I SAID I DIDN'T MEAN OFFENSE AT ALL. I KNOW THIS IS A PUBLIC THREAD BUT IT IS ALSO MY THREAD THAT I MADE SO I FEEL THAT I SHOULD BE SAFE EXPRESSING MY OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS WITHOUT BEING TERRIFIED OUT OF MY MIND ABOUT BACKLASH (Which I am often)
I KNOW YOU CAN'T TELL TONE THROUGH WRITING BUT I NEVER WANTED IT TO SOUND LIKE I WAS COMPLAINING...
After this I get the impression that my chances at everything have been ruined and that makes me very upset...I don't know what I'm going to do now...I really did try and change after the last few times...but it's hard I just need people to understand and actually help and give me advic rather than fighting back and yelling at me...delete this thread or whatever I don't even care anymore...I'll go to PMs from now on and I'll find someone who cares...
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:35 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
GUYS WHEN I SAID WHAT I SAID I DIDN'T MEAN OFFENSE AT ALL. I KNOW THIS IS A PUBLIC THREAD BUT IT IS ALSO MY THREAD THAT I MADE SO I FEEL THAT I SHOULD BE SAFE EXPRESSING MY OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS WITHOUT BEING TERRIFIED OUT OF MY MIND ABOUT BACKLASH (Which I am often)
I KNOW YOU CAN'T TELL TONE THROUGH WRITING BUT I NEVER WANTED IT TO SOUND LIKE I WAS COMPLAINING...
After this I get the impression that my chances at everything have been ruined and that makes me very upset...I don't know what I'm going to do now...I really did try and change after the last few times...but it's hard I just need people to understand and actually help and give me advic rather than fighting back and yelling at me...delete this thread or whatever I don't even care anymore...I'll go to PMs from now on and I'll find someone who cares...
listen. i wasnt trying to give you backlash. but when you say "I cant wait till grousestar dies and auroraflame becomes leader" is seems a bit disrespectful, you know? to want someones character to die? when, like you said, theyd earned that rank and put hard work. like i told you, focus on improving your writing. look at other peoples posts, their word choice and detail, sentence fluency and vocabulary and learn from them. im not saying length matters, but if you can get to the goal where youre writing one to two paragraphs for a reply youre doing good detail. develop your characters so they are unique and STANDOUT compared to the REST OF THE SITE, and maybe youll catch the eye of a successor.

like i said before. focus on other things then getting a highrank. it isnt that important for you to enjoy the site as a whole. im not giving you back lash, im simply sharing my feelings as you claim you are. i dont think theres any reason to whine or complain about having to go into pms when we as a community are going to respond to eachother, its just what you should expect.

Thats my advice to you.
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
listen. i wasnt trying to give you backlash. but when you say "I cant wait till grousestar dies and auroraflame becomes leader" is seems a bit disrespectful, you know? to want someones character to die? when, like you said, theyd earned that rank and put hard work. like i told you, focus on improving your writing. look at other peoples posts, their word choice and detail, sentence fluency and vocabulary and learn from them. im not saying length matters, but if you can get to the goal where youre writing one to two paragraphs for a reply youre doing good detail. develop your characters so they are unique and STANDOUT compared to the REST OF THE SITE, and maybe youll catch the eye of a successor.

like i said before. focus on other things then getting a highrank. it isnt that important for you to enjoy the site as a whole. im not giving you back lash, im simply sharing my feelings as you claim you are. i dont think theres any reason to whine or complain about having to go into pms when we as a community are going to respond to eachother, its just what you should expect.

Thats my advice to you.
Oh don't be upset about the Grousestar thing I didn't mean it like that. I meant it in a nice way like...it'll be nice to see things move on and for AuroraFlame to become leader like I wonder what kind of leader they'd be that sort of thing...I did not mean that in a mean way at all that's for sure...

But it's not that easy for some people...and (I assume my characters are obviously bland and don't interest anyone) my characters aren't extremely over the top exciting (well not over the top but you get the point) is cause...I just like to make them how I would like a cat...and I don't really want to go out of my comfort zone cause it's mine...I have made what I think are pretty diverse characters yet no recognition. Just, next time I apply for something I just want at least some acknowledgment or to be considered/know that I'm considered cause you never know with these things I always feel like my applications are never even read at all...and that the final decision is just made without considering other people...I just feel sort of...alone at this point...

(I guess you can say I think it's all about me fine...I do sound like that but I'm trying...)
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post
The wars right now will be important later.

Also, creating finders for HRs is up to the users choice. I preferred hand-picking mine because I could actually go through and make sure members were consistent in activity and meet requirements. Plus it allows me to really look for those members who have stood out on wco. Most people who apply for an HR don't meet those requirements so it wastes more time sorting them out to a select few. With that leaves favoring certain people over others. You don't think about it, but most applicants are chosen because the members are friends or have rped often together. Just how I see those finders working out.
I mean...I sort of agree...I have a like hate relationship with both methods...I feel like applications are just picking similar people again and again but then I feel like hand picking isn't giving people much chance to show what they have to offer like the final decision has been made before you've seen the rest...
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:54 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Oh don't be upset about the Grousestar thing I didn't mean it like that. I meant it in a nice way like...it'll be nice to see things move on and for AuroraFlame to become leader like I wonder what kind of leader they'd be that sort of thing...I did not mean that in a mean way at all that's for sure...

But it's not that easy for some people...and (I assume my characters are obviously bland and don't interest anyone) my characters aren't extremely over the top exciting (well not over the top but you get the point) is cause...I just like to make them how I would like a cat...and I don't really want to go out of my comfort zone cause it's mine...I have made what I think are pretty diverse characters yet no recognition. Just, next time I apply for something I just want at least some acknowledgment or to be considered/know that I'm considered cause you never know with these things I always feel like my applications are never even read at all...and that the final decision is just made without considering other people...I just feel sort of...alone at this point...

(I guess you can say I think it's all about me fine...I do sound like that but I'm trying...)

The character doesn’t really matter that much when it comes to becoming a high rank. It’s the member that the staff look at and check to see whether their account is good standing or not. If you think that your characters are bland (and you shouldn’t think like that! Everyones character is unique in one way or the other) then handpicking is probably a better way for you. Handpicking focuses more on the account than the character so in my personal opinion, it’s a better way to go about choosing new high ranks.
Don’t lose hope, just put your focus on other things such as improving your writing and having a friendly attitude everywhere c:

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old February 19th, 2018, 03:04 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:

well, to put it blunt, its not just you. do you know how many people are on this site ? over 1,000 ! youre not the only one who thinks that their cats deserved to be recognized. when you apply forms, i can tell you they are read thoroughly before picking. do you know how many things i applied for and i got shot down? countless times ! and, you arent acknowledging what im also telling you. im telling you to not focus on getting shot down, and looking it as a chance to improve yourself instead.

im giving you solid advice, you can take it if you want to, i dont really care.
Old February 19th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

On another note. No member is informed they were considered, it's against guidelines. That's between the HR member and staff. You're not allowed an explanation for why you weren't chosen and you'll never know you were on the list of people they chose unless the HR member chooses to do trial RPs between different members.