Last post by Tallstar
Today 04:32 PM

Old July 31st, 2018, 09:46 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
GorsePaw hesitated "umm...it seems easy enough. Find the gaps and holes and find the right sized rock and shove it in there then patch up the last little bits with the moss. That's how I assume it goes anyway. I haven't had a mentor for a long long time so no one's really taught me anything." She explained sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
She nodded in understanding and began to work shoving rocks in place and patching it up with moss.

@Silver Fishie (join in if you like )

"These are one of the most helpful plants a medicine cat has in her den," Shinefang said as he swept his paw over a pile of wilted, red flowers. "These, are poppies, and their seeds have the power to dull a cat's pain or help them sleep.But the annoying thing about them is that the seeds are incredibly small." The old tom picked up the whither green stem of one of the flowers in his teeth and held it over an elm leaf he had set on the den floor. One by one, tiny black seeds no bigger than the tip of a cat's claw fell out onto the leaf. "See what I mean," he said through gritted teeth, laying the spent flower off to the side. "So to keep track of them, I keep them in leaf packets like this." The medicine cat shoved a finished leaf packet from his stores in front of the little calico shecat. Just then, he heard young cats outside of his den, and his shredded ears perked up. He glanced back at the young calico shecat and quickly added, "See if you can replicate this," before heading outside to investigate.

Once outside, her recognized the little bobtailed apprentice anywhere. "Gorsepaw," he meowed with a twisted and scarred grin. He remembered the young cat well after having her in his den for so long. The other one... he wasn't so familiar with. Lifting a white paw, he pointed in the other apprentice's direction as if trying to coax out the name from the space between them. "I wanna say... Strawberrypaw?"

Old July 31st, 2018, 09:47 PM
Taking a Break

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang's back had been turned to his den at the very moment the younger tom called out to him from inside the medicine den. He had just been about to pluck a particularly juicy mouse right from the top of the pile, but with a sigh, he closed his jaws and swallowed the shallow pool of saliva. "What?" he grouched as he re-entered his den. There he saw Oaksplash, a relatively young warrior with brown fur, white feet, one white ear and one very very red ear. "Oh Starclan, what did you do?" he asked, leaning in to get a sniff of the younger cat's ear. The wound smelled older than he might have expected considering all the blood. The old, battle-scarred tom narrowed his only orange eye, "And why didn't you come to me sooner?" he snarled, trouncing toward his herb collection. "Lie down in one of the patient nests," he said flatly, pulling swiping a stem of yarrow onto the den floor and carefully taking a branch with plump-looking, purple berries and setting them down gently.
“Ok.” Oaksplash laid down in one of the nests. “I was sleeping weirdly and didn’t wake up so I couldn’t have come to you earlier.” The younger tom replied still in unspeakable pain. He shifted in the nest his bleeding ear twitched and he screeched “OW!” In pain. His nails dug into the nest not wanting to jump up and bolt out at that moment. His ear stung like the whole dark-forest. His eyes watered with pain he jumped up with pain “Sorry!” He quicky said laying back down in the nest. @Charmer

Taking a break from rping. I do not know when I will be back.

Everyone has their moments to shine and this ones yours my friend. You will be yourself right now. That’s why you joined this platform that we call WCO,so we could be ourselves. Go be you boo
Old July 31st, 2018, 10:03 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakkit View Post
“Ok.” Oaksplash laid down in one of the nests. “I was sleeping weirdly and didn’t wake up so I couldn’t have come to you earlier.” The younger tom replied still in unspeakable pain. He shifted in the nest his bleeding ear twitched and he screeched “OW!” In pain. His nails dug into the nest not wanting to jump up and bolt out at that moment. His ear stung like the whole dark-forest. His eyes watered with pain he jumped up with pain “Sorry!” He quicky said laying back down in the nest. @Charmer
Shinefang took the yarrow in his teeth and began to chew the bitter flowers, "If that's true, then you have a serious thorn problem in your nest," he said through stuffed cheeks. He quickly reached for a cobnut shell and spat the chewed plant into.Then he plucked off two barriers carefully with a claw and crushed them inside, turning the flower mush a bright lavender. Finally, he snagged and chewed off the top of a small horsetail plant and added the green paste to his mixture. "Not to worry," he said, pushing the cobnut toward the younger tom. "This will stop the bleeding and prevent infection." Deftly, he scooped up a pawful of the goop and, as gently as he could, began to apply it to the warrior's ear. "How is the prey running?" he asked, attempting to distract the cat from his pain as he worked.

Old July 31st, 2018, 10:10 PM
Taking a Break

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Shinefang took the yarrow in his teeth and began to chew the bitter flowers, "If that's true, then you have a serious thorn problem in your nest," he said through stuffed cheeks. He quickly reached for a cobnut shell and spat the chewed plant into.Then he plucked off two barriers carefully with a claw and crushed them inside, turning the flower mush a bright lavender. Finally, he snagged and chewed off the top of a small horsetail plant and added the green paste to his mixture. "Not to worry," he said, pushing the cobnut toward the younger tom. "This will stop the bleeding and prevent infection." Deftly, he scooped up a pawful of the goop and, as gently as he could, began to apply it to the warrior's ear. "How is the prey running?" he asked, attempting to distract the cat from his pain as he worked.
“Ow! Oh its good.” He said looking up to the older tom “How’s treating cats?” He said with amusment. He looked up to the tom and wanted him to know it. The mixture hurt but he knew it would work. “ Do you know how to get thorns out of a nest? As you thought it was that. Also do you want some prey after your done? I can get some if you want.” The young tom offered to keep his mind off all the pain.

Taking a break from rping. I do not know when I will be back.

Everyone has their moments to shine and this ones yours my friend. You will be yourself right now. That’s why you joined this platform that we call WCO,so we could be ourselves. Go be you boo
Old August 1st, 2018, 02:27 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:

"These are one of the most helpful plants a medicine cat has in her den," Shinefang said as he swept his paw over a pile of wilted, red flowers. "These, are poppies, and their seeds have the power to dull a cat's pain or help them sleep.But the annoying thing about them is that the seeds are incredibly small." The old tom picked up the whither green stem of one of the flowers in his teeth and held it over an elm leaf he had set on the den floor. One by one, tiny black seeds no bigger than the tip of a cat's claw fell out onto the leaf. "See what I mean," he said through gritted teeth, laying the spent flower off to the side. "So to keep track of them, I keep them in leaf packets like this." The medicine cat shoved a finished leaf packet from his stores in front of the little calico shecat. Just then, he heard young cats outside of his den, and his shredded ears perked up. He glanced back at the young calico shecat and quickly added, "See if you can replicate this," before heading outside to investigate.

Once outside, her recognized the little bobtailed apprentice anywhere. "Gorsepaw," he meowed with a twisted and scarred grin. He remembered the young cat well after having her in his den for so long. The other one... he wasn't so familiar with. Lifting a white paw, he pointed in the other apprentice's direction as if trying to coax out the name from the space between them. "I wanna say... Strawberrypaw?"
@Okapi
GorsePaw jumped a little but settled down very quickly. "Shinefang! It's so good to see you again. Things are looking good in there. RingPaw isn't causing too much trouble I hope?" The brown tabby joked. "I know it's been a while. I promised I'd make the den less draughty and well, it took longer than I expected. This is my friend CranberryPaw. We met just before my accident. So she's been a great help." GorsePaw purred, glancing in her friend's direction.
Old August 1st, 2018, 08:29 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
@Okapi
GorsePaw jumped a little but settled down very quickly. "Shinefang! It's so good to see you again. Things are looking good in there. RingPaw isn't causing too much trouble I hope?" The brown tabby joked. "I know it's been a while. I promised I'd make the den less draughty and well, it took longer than I expected. This is my friend CranberryPaw. We met just before my accident. So she's been a great help." GorsePaw purred, glancing in her friend's direction.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
She nodded in understanding and began to work shoving rocks in place and patching it up with moss.
Ringpaw looked down at the poppies strewn before her.
She hadn’t seen them ever before, but she could imagine how vivid and beautiful they might look when in bloom, not sitting withered in a musty old den.
Ringpaw’s musty old den, she clarified with a grimace. As much as she loved the scent of rosemary, she thought it was, and other herbs, she couldn’t believe how Shinefang had stayed in here for so long without turning into a leaf!
Ringpaw snickered when she thought of Shinefang grouchily being blown around.
Ringpaw tentatively reached out her fuzzy left paw, and patted a poppy flower as a tester.
She was used to Shinefang explaining how to do things, so it was strange having just an example and her mind to figure out how to wrap them.
Ringpaw badly wanted to dissect the piece of leaf packaging, to see how it was folded around the herbs, but she fought that idea off and began.
Shinefang had originally shook out the black dots but they had rolled off the leaf and bounced around.
Carefully, using one black claw, she peeled away a stale red petal until each of them was extracted and set aside.
She dragged a green leaf towards her with her right paw, and bent the flower’s head towards the parcel-to-be to scrape of the seeds.
”Oh!” She exclaimed, when the tiny seeds wedged their way under her claws. It was like tiny pebbles, so she tried to clean them away.
After a moment of picking out seeds, carefully, so she didn’t swallow them, she quickly looked down at her work.
Seeds were scattered, and the head was almost half scraped away, so she pressed it into the leaf and rolled it around on the green.
The seeds popped off rather easily, so when she was done, she had gotten most of them in the parcel.
Now, how did Shinefang seal it?
Examining the reference, she folded one side in and wrapped it tightly around. Carefully, she plucked the other side and tried to dip it under and around the other side.
It looked a bit sloppy, but when she moved it no seeds fell out.
Suddenly, she heard her name from outside, her brown ears pricking upwards.
Ringpaw had just thought Shinefang had gone out to get a break from her, not chat!
Her interested piqued, she padded softly to the entrance of the den where she could poke her head out.
Her yellow furred mentor was chatting with a bigger, brown apprentice, who was gesturing towards another pink colored shecat.
Cranberpaw? Ringpaw searched her brain. She could have sworn to have seen her around the apprentice’s den.
Ringpaw suddenly remembered that she was supposed to be packaging poppy seeds, so she quickly ducked back inside, hopefully before anyone had seen her.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old August 1st, 2018, 08:46 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

She hadn’t seen them ever before, but she could imagine how vivid and beautiful they might look when in bloom, not sitting withered in a musty old den.
Ringpaw’s musty old den, she clarified with a grimace. As much as she loved the scent of rosemary, she thought it was, and other herbs, she couldn’t believe how Shinefang had stayed in here for so long without turning into a leaf!
Ringpaw tentatively reached out her fuzzy left paw, and patted a poppy flower as a tester.
She was used to Shinefang explaining how to do things, so it was strange having just an example and her mind to figure out how to wrap them.
Ringpaw badly wanted to dissect the piece of leaf packaging, to see how it was folded around the herbs, but she fought that idea off and began.
Shinefang had originally shook out the black dots but they had rolled off the leaf and bounced around.
Carefully, using one black claw, she peeled away a stale red petal until each of them was extracted and set aside.
She dragged a green leaf towards her with her right paw, and bent the flower’s head towards the parcel-to-be to scrape of the seeds.
”Oh!” She exclaimed, when the tiny seeds wedged their way under her claws. It was like tiny pebbles, so she tried to clean them away.
After a moment of picking out seeds, carefully, so she didn’t swallow them, she quickly looked down at her work.
Seeds were scattered, and the head was almost half scraped away, so she pressed it into the leaf and rolled it around on the green.
The seeds popped off rather easily, so when she was done, she had gotten most of them in the parcel.
Examining the reference, she folded one side in and wrapped it tightly around. Carefully, she plucked the other side and tried to dip it under and around the other side.
Ringpaw had just thought Shinefang had gone out to get a break from her, not chat!
Her interested piqued, she padded softly to the entrance of the den where she could poke her head out.
Her yellow furred mentor was chatting with a bigger, brown apprentice, who was gesturing towards another pink colored shecat.
Cranberpaw? Ringpaw searched her brain. She could have sworn to have seen her around the apprentice’s den.
Ringpaw suddenly remembered that she was supposed to be packaging poppy seeds, so she quickly ducked back inside, hopefully before anyone had seen her.
GorsePaw smiled at Ringpaw, this being their first interaction. "Hard at work I see." She dipped her head, she understood why the apprentice may have been a bit shy.
Old August 1st, 2018, 10:30 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
@Okapi
Quote:
GorsePaw smiled at Ringpaw, this being their first interaction. "Hard at work I see." She dipped her head, she understood why the apprentice may have been a bit shy.
Quote:

@Charmer

Cranberrypaw resisted the urge to growl at Shinefang for calling her Strawberrypaw. I’m not a cute fluffy kitten for Starclan’s sake. I’m a crabby and sour apprentice trying to become nice and friendly! Great Starclan help me endure this. to Shinefang she nodded,” Pleasure to help fix up your den, I know how much Gorsepaw likes to help you out a little, so I’m happy to help her out....and you ofcourse.” She meowed not wanting to sound like she didn’t care about Shinefang and Ringpaw. She glanced at Ringpaw and dipped her head not sure what to say, with most apprentices she found it no trouble to start a conversation, but for some reason with Ringpaw she did perhaps it was because she was ‘special’ or ‘different’ in her training.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; August 1st, 2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old August 4th, 2018, 02:07 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Shinefang stared back at her, nodding the slightest bit and grunting in acknowledgement. "It was an important first thing to go over, I thought. Don't want any accidental poisonings." If Ringpaw picked on any of the tension at all between himself and the deputy, she didn't show it. She greeted Auroraflame with all the enthusiasm she had when talking to any cat, even an old sour tom like himself. And Auroraflame saw it to. It was clear she appreciated the warm greeting the younger cat gave her. When she commented on his apprentice's energy, her couldn't hold in his throaty chuckle. They must have looked like an odd pair: him, a matted and battered, one-eyed tom with a reputation for being about as pleasant to talk to as an angry mongoose, and the little calico ball of joy that was Ringpaw. "Um hm, maybe her youth will rub off on me and I can live forever," he croaked. Not a moment later when the shecat took another step, the deputy made a painful sound and lifted her paw. His shredded ears flew upright light a queen hearing a kit squeal. He didn't know what happened at first until the black warrior limped forward and presented her bleeding paw. Carefully, with the deft paws he'd acquired from his time in this den, he cradled her paw and looked at the blood that was welling on the pad and clicked his tongue. "Looks like you tried to grow a fifth claw out of bramble. Ringpaw, remind me to sweep this den floor today and check the moss in the patient beds." Singfang opened his mouth again, about to get started treating the deputy's paw, when he suddenly realized this would be an excellent first task for his apprentice. "Ringpaw, how about I walk you through how to remove thorns. Go ahead and take her paw like I did," he instructed, waiting for the younger cat to get settled. "As she did so, he leaned in and whispered in the deputy's ear. "It's her first time, so if she nips ya, try not to yowl. I don't want her confidence squashed." He and Auroraflame were not on friendly terms by any means, but he hoped she heard the sincerity in his request. He did want his apprentice to feel she was doing well. There would be time for tragedy and defeat later. Now, she was just learning the basics. He leaned away from the deputy's head and closer to Ringpaw, eyeing the thorn as he spoke to her. "Ok, now what you want to do is lick her paw right were the thorn is. As you do so, try to hook the thorn with the barbs on your tongue to pull the thorn out just a little. Sometimes that's all you need to do you get it out, but at the very least, it will loosen it and clean off the blood so that we can see properly." As it turned out, this thorn required a bit more persuasion than that, but the medicine cat could clear see the offending barb now. "Alright, now, when you are ready, take your teeth and very careful grab the thorn's base and pull it out. Careful not to bite her pad by mistake. She won't thank you for that."
Quote:

Ringpaw nodded furiously, her hearing muted for a second in the movement.
“I can do that!”
Reminding Shinefang about doing his chores won’t be very hard. She mused in her head, purring as she imagined Shinefang as a crabby apprentice, picking ticks off the elders.
She normally wasn’t very snippy, but she had to bite her tongue to remind him right now. The yellow tom wouldn’t appreciate her humor.
When he suggested that she extract the thorn, she looked up confused at Shinefang, but eagerly responded. “Okay!”
Quickly, she settled her rump on the floor so she wouldn’t have to stand forever. As she finished, she saw Shinefang pull away from Auroraflame’s black ear, and she briefly wondered what they were talking about.
The thought was soon diminished as she saw the tears of pain in the black deputy’s eyes, and Ringpaw quickly sorrowed. She hadn’t been so unlucky just yet as to step on a bramble, but if it was just as bad as when one got stuck in her side it would be very painful.
Her mint eyes widening as he brought Auroraflame’s paw closer, she stared down at the brown claw-like stick wedged thoroughly in her paw pad. There was a small drip of blood coasting leisurely down the skin, and Ringpaw couldn’t decide wether to gag or watch, fascinated.
Obeying his instructions, she tested the paw with a flick of her pink tongue, recoiling at the stench of blood that snaked up her nose and the metallic taste.
Letting out a haruuumpphh she deftly tried to wrap her tongue around the base, not enjoying the taste but if she was going to clean off the blood she would have to do it somehow.
When she felt it was all clean, she reached her head back to examine her work. There were still traces of red, but she could see the thorn clearer now.
Dipping back down she tried to ease out the piece of wood-like plant with her tongue, trying not to scrape Auroraflame with her teeth.
When she felt it give a bit, she let go and looked up towards Shinefang. When she saw his expression, she turned back to the thorn and realized that it was still a good way in her paw. In fact, when she had nudged the thorn it had only resulted in more blood welling up.
“Could thorns get infected? What happens if you can’t get the thorn out? Would we have to get rid of her paw?” Ringpaw chattered, a hint of dread in her voice when she thought about Auroraflame, with only three paws.
I like her name. Grousestar wouldn’t change it to Stumpyflame, right? She thought, panicked.
When Shinefang spoke again, she calmed and carefully tried to seize the thorn.
“Okay!” She mouthed around the thorn in her mouth. “I’ll try my best.” She finished, before clamping her front teeth around the base and tugging. She felt something squishy, and felt bad. Hopefully it hadn’t been the deputy’s paw!
When she tugged, she was frustrated with how it didn’t come out right away but kept on tugging.
Soon, it popped out from the skin and Ringpaw’s head snapped back, before she triumphantly raised her maw to show off the chunk of sharp plant.
Ringpaw’s eyes drifted down to where the thorn had been extracted, and found herself infatuated with the way it had come out. It was a bit sloppy, but when the thorn had finally given up it was... satisfying.
Dragging her gaze away from the paw, she met Auroraflame’s eyes.
“Did I bite you? Did it hurt?” Snapping around, she met Shinefang. “Did I do it right?”
“Of course not,” she agreed, dipping her head. Auroraflame had a wary gaze as she looked back at Shinefang. The tense look softened a little as she heard his chuckle. It wasn’t because the sound of his chuckle was lovely, oh no, never. But rather the reason that he was chuckling. The deputy was sure that this was one thing that the two could agree on. Ringpaw had a lot of potential and it was hard not to like her, even though she had only met her a few moments before. But the deputy could already sense the enthusiasm radiating off of her and it was a good sign. At least now she wouldn’t have to dread going to the medicine den so much anymore. Her whiskers twitched in amusement at Shinefang’s next comment and she had to stop herself from snorting out loud. I’m afraid you’re too old to try any youth potion, she thought. Another voice suddenly spoke in her voice as she finished thinking this. Oh don’t be so mean. Shinefang’s a good medicine cat and just because you don’t like him doesn’t mean you have to be so rude, an exasperated voice said. It was the more compassionate side of her speaking out and although she didn't want to admit it, she did feel a little guilty. She should be showing some more respect.

A few moments later, being kind was far from her mind as pain raced around in her paw. Although she normally would’ve at any time, the she-cat didn’t complain or pull back as Shinefang grasped her paw in his own. “Oh dear, well clearly this didn’t work out. I’ll have to find another way to get more claws,” she murmured, looking dismayed yet there was a tiny glimmer of amusement in her icy gaze. Even with the pain she was in, she couldn’t resist playing along with a joke, even if that joke had come from Shinefang.
Her eyes then widened a little as Shinefang handed her paw over to Ringpaw. By the looks of it, the thorn had gone in quite far and she was rather hesitant to have her paw treated by someone who’d never taken out even a shallow thorn. Oh grow up Aurora! You’ll be fine. Anyway, it’ll be good practice for her, she told herself. She felt reassured by her own thought and continued by reminding herself of all the times she had endured through splinters and other sharp things. She’d be fine. “Alright,” she murmured, her lips barely moving so that Ringpaw hopefully wouldn’t see what they were talking about. She relaxed and her posture sank a little when she noticed how tense she had become from the pain. Auroraflame then dipped her head and moved it closer to her paw to get a better look, but not close enough that her head would get in the way of Ringpaw’s work. She squinted to look at the thorn. It was deeply embedded and there was blood welling up around it. She stayed as still as possible and waited patiently for the she-cat to work on the thorn. She watched as she cleaned it and then gave a little tug. She took in a sharp intake of breath as she felt the thorn move in her flesh. It didn’t hurt too much, but she was still cautious. She waited for Ringpaw to have another go at the thorn and this time, she had to bite her lip hard to resist yelping as the apprentice nipped her paw. She resisted any wincing as Ringpaw tugged and tugged insistently at the stubborn thorn, until finally it came popping out of her paw. She let out a breath that she hadn’t realised she had been holding. “Thank you,” she sighed in relief. “No no, I’m fine. You did a wonderful job,” she reassured Ringpaw warmly. Her gaze then flickered up to meet Shinefang’s and she held out her paw towards him. “What happens now?” Although the thorn was out now, there was still a bright red wound where it had once been. Would she need herbs to stop an infection? She shuddered at the thought of getting an infection.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old August 4th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Sigh...

@NightWarrior4Life @Okapi @Silver Fishie

"Cranberrypaw!" Shinefang exclamed, stomping his forepaw as if catching a mouse by the tail. "Right right. So close. Well anyway, I'm glad you're getting the entrance fixed up. It'll really help out with the drafts when winter comes. When Gorsepaw spoke to Ringpaw, the old tom saw a touch of movement in the corner of his eye, and spotted his calico apprentice trying to look inconspicuous. His whiskers gave an amused twitch. "It's alright Ringpaw. You can come out for a bit and socialize. These are your former denmates after all."