Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by silver.
Today 07:53 AM
Willow art please?
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:50 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 07:33 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Fritter
Today 06:14 AM
[RC kit & young app event]...
by Foxine
Last post by Bean
Today 06:03 AM

Old January 5th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
Reedlight blinked, surprised at the contact, but grateful nonetheless, offering Snowleap a small and apologetic smile before taking deep breaths, slowly calming himself. Snowleap was right: he needed to focus on the now, and not what happened moons ago. Not that he would change any of his choices, but still, that night refused to leave his mind. Perhaps because of how significant it was, or for some other reason? It was as prominent in his mind as the meeting where Kestrelstar killed Quietclaw in the clearing, both holding rather dark memories... So why was he so obsessed with them?

Reedlight shook his head. That would have to wait for later: right now, they were hunting, so that was what they were going to do. He plastered a smile on his face, turning to Snowleap. "Anyway, we're off topic: we should be hunting, not talking about dumb stuff from the past! Smell anything?" He asked, turning to scan the area quietly.
♢ Snowleap ♢

The young tomcat had never been too good at comforting others, nor giving advice to them, but he hoped that he had soothed Reedlight’s worries regardless. He was no stranger to emotions such as anger and it pained the dark-furred warrior to see his clanmate so caught up in their past. Snowleap knew a thing or two about that too though, being so lost in the hatred towards his blood kin for treating him so poorly throughout his kithood. That was different from Reedlight’s situation however, and Snowleap knew it was rude to bring his own past into it when he was comforting others. He sighed, pawing at the dirt underneath him, becoming restless as he didn’t know what else to do or say.

He turned to look at Reedlight once the young warrior saw him shake his head. Had he reached a conclusion within his thoughts? It seemed so, as his clanmate peered at him with a smile. Snowleap didn’t know whether it was genuine or not, but he decided to not pry upon it. The other tomcat was right -- they were out here to hunt, not discuss personal matters. “Hm..” The Riverclan warrior opened jaws to take in the scents around him, seeing if a particular scent trail stuck out to him, “I think I’m picking up something… a ground squirrel… that way?” He meowed, using his tail to point in a certain direction through the trees ahead.

Last edited by Captain; January 5th, 2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old January 5th, 2022, 10:43 AM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
♢ Snowleap ♢

The young tomcat had never been too good at comforting others, nor giving advice to them, but he hoped that he had soothed Reedlight’s worries regardless. He was no stranger to emotions such as anger and it pained the dark-furred warrior to see his clanmate so caught up in their past. Snowleap knew a thing or two about that too though, being so lost in the hatred towards his blood kin for treating him so poorly throughout his kithood. That was different from Reedlight’s situation however, and Snowleap knew it was rude to bring his own past into it when he was comforting others. He sighed, pawing at the dirt underneath him, becoming restless as he didn’t know what else to do or say.

He turned to look at Reedlight once the young warrior saw him shake his head. Had he reached a conclusion within his thoughts? It seemed so, as his clanmate peered at him with a smile. Snowleap didn’t know whether it was genuine or not, but he decided to not pry upon it. The other tomcat was right -- they were out here to hunt, not discuss personal matters. “Hm..” The Riverclan warrior opened jaws to take in the scents around him, seeing if a particular scent trail stuck out to him, “I think I’m picking up something… a ground squirrel… that way?” He meowed, using his tail to point in a certain direction through the trees ahead.
Reedlight sniffed, ears swiveling to listen to any sounds some prey would make. He definitely caught scent of the squirrel, but squirrels were rather hard to get in his opinion. Well, whatever. Any prey would suffice, right? At least, he hoped.

The dark tabby kept to the shade of the trees, using them to hide his dark fur as he stalked forward. His tail twitched behind him impatiently, and he sent Snowleap a look, waiting to see what he would do.

Bump me only after two days.

Old January 5th, 2022, 12:55 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Reedlight sniffed, ears swiveling to listen to any sounds some prey would make. He definitely caught scent of the squirrel, but squirrels were rather hard to get in his opinion. Well, whatever. Any prey would suffice, right? At least, he hoped.

The dark tabby kept to the shade of the trees, using them to hide his dark fur as he stalked forward. His tail twitched behind him impatiently, and he sent Snowleap a look, waiting to see what he would do.
♢ Snowleap ♢

Watching in silence as Reedlight scented and then stalked forward, keeping to the shadows to stay out of sight, Snowleap crouched low to the ground and crept forward through the grass, dipping his head to his clanmate before heading further ahead in the dense thicket. His plan was to, first, spot the prey that this scent trail belonged to and then move around to the other side, hopefully scaring it towards Reedlight, who waited in the darkness, undetected. It was a tactic he had used many times before when hunting with other clanmates and it had yet to fail him. Both Snowleap and Reedlight knew that squirrels weren’t easy to catch and were not usual Riverclan prey, but with leafbare taking away a large bit of the streams the clan used to fish in, there wasn’t much of a choice anymore. The tall tomcat would take any change at prey he could get.

Following the scent trail of the ground squirrel, Snowleap moved slow and quiet as possible, watching where he put his paws and tail. If he spooked the prey, who knew how many more chances they’d get to catch something today? Thus, the young warrior kept moving, until he saw the squirrel munching on some grass near a prickly bush a few tail-lengths in front of him. Exhaling slowly, Snowleap moved swiftly around the prey, making a wide circle until it was in-between Reedlight and him. Peering at his clanmate in the distance, he could somewhat make out the silhouette of the other tomcat in the shadows. Snowleap waved his tail in the air to signal to Reedlight that he was ready, but he would not move until his clanmate did the same. He didn’t want to scare the squirrel towards him and catch the other warrior off-guard or anything.
Old January 5th, 2022, 01:07 PM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
♢ Snowleap ♢

Watching in silence as Reedlight scented and then stalked forward, keeping to the shadows to stay out of sight, Snowleap crouched low to the ground and crept forward through the grass, dipping his head to his clanmate before heading further ahead in the dense thicket. His plan was to, first, spot the prey that this scent trail belonged to and then move around to the other side, hopefully scaring it towards Reedlight, who waited in the darkness, undetected. It was a tactic he had used many times before when hunting with other clanmates and it had yet to fail him. Both Snowleap and Reedlight knew that squirrels weren’t easy to catch and were not usual Riverclan prey, but with leafbare taking away a large bit of the streams the clan used to fish in, there wasn’t much of a choice anymore. The tall tomcat would take any change at prey he could get.

Following the scent trail of the ground squirrel, Snowleap moved slow and quiet as possible, watching where he put his paws and tail. If he spooked the prey, who knew how many more chances they’d get to catch something today? Thus, the young warrior kept moving, until he saw the squirrel munching on some grass near a prickly bush a few tail-lengths in front of him. Exhaling slowly, Snowleap moved swiftly around the prey, making a wide circle until it was in-between Reedlight and him. Peering at his clanmate in the distance, he could somewhat make out the silhouette of the other tomcat in the shadows. Snowleap waved his tail in the air to signal to Reedlight that he was ready, but he would not move until his clanmate did the same. He didn’t want to scare the squirrel towards him and catch the other warrior off-guard or anything.
Reedlight remained silent, the only indication that he saw Snowleap was a small twitch of his whiskers. He slowly and carefully raised his tail, waving he was ready, before slowly stalking forward towards the squirrel. Once he was close enough, he pounced... And missed.

Reedlight hissed as, at the last moment, the squirrel darted away, as if like a rude joke. But, it was running towards Snowleap, so perhaps they could still catch it? Reedlight began to chase the squirrel towards the older warrior, still keeping in the shade as he did so.

Old January 5th, 2022, 04:13 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Reedlight remained silent, the only indication that he saw Snowleap was a small twitch of his whiskers. He slowly and carefully raised his tail, waving he was ready, before slowly stalking forward towards the squirrel. Once he was close enough, he pounced... And missed.

Reedlight hissed as, at the last moment, the squirrel darted away, as if like a rude joke. But, it was running towards Snowleap, so perhaps they could still catch it? Reedlight began to chase the squirrel towards the older warrior, still keeping in the shade as he did so.
♢ Snowleap ♢

Before the dark-furred warrior had a chance to move, he watched with widened-eyes as Reedlight went forward, pouncing towards the squirrel and missing, making the prey utter a squeak of surprise and dart back towards where Snowleap was. Without hesitating and making sure his clanmate was keeping it coming towards him, the tall tomcat rushed forward, springing towards the squirrel with a powerful lunge of his back legs. Snowleap tackled the squirrel, wrestling with the squirrel amongst the leaves. Trying desperately to reach its neck, Snowleap sank his teeth into the prey. However, before it turned limp, it made one last effort of escape and bit into Snowleap’s left front leg, making the Riverclan warrior grunt as immediate pain rushed over him. Despite this, he refused to let go, waiting until the squirrel eventually stopped fighting.
Old January 5th, 2022, 04:19 PM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
♢ Snowleap ♢

Before the dark-furred warrior had a chance to move, he watched with widened-eyes as Reedlight went forward, pouncing towards the squirrel and missing, making the prey utter a squeak of surprise and dart back towards where Snowleap was. Without hesitating and making sure his clanmate was keeping it coming towards him, the tall tomcat rushed forward, springing towards the squirrel with a powerful lunge of his back legs. Snowleap tackled the squirrel, wrestling with the squirrel amongst the leaves. Trying desperately to reach its neck, Snowleap sank his teeth into the prey. However, before it turned limp, it made one last effort of escape and bit into Snowleap’s left front leg, making the Riverclan warrior grunt as immediate pain rushed over him. Despite this, he refused to let go, waiting until the squirrel eventually stopped fighting.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Reedlight apologized quickly, racing over to Snowleap with an apologetic gaze. How had he made such a stupid mistake? Was it because of their chat earlier whirling in his mind? The dark tabby continued to mentally berate himself as he approached, and that barrage of scolding only intensified when he saw Snowleap's newly squired injury.

"What happened? Was it the squirrel?" Reedlight asked, leaning forward to sniff and check the injury, a frown on his face. Great. Now another thing he could blame himself....

Old January 5th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Reedlight apologized quickly, racing over to Snowleap with an apologetic gaze. How had he made such a stupid mistake? Was it because of their chat earlier whirling in his mind? The dark tabby continued to mentally berate himself as he approached, and that barrage of scolding only intensified when he saw Snowleap's newly squired injury.

"What happened? Was it the squirrel?" Reedlight asked, leaning forward to sniff and check the injury, a frown on his face. Great. Now another thing he could blame himself....
♢ Snowleap ♢

Releasing the squirrel from his grasp, he watched as the limp body fell onto the forest floor amongst the leaves. The dark-furred warrior couldn’t think straight, the stinging pain in his left leg making him wince and not want to move. But as Snowleap saw Reedlight rush over to him, uttering frantic apologies over and over again, he didn’t have the heart to allow his clanmate to see him like this. Holding his breath, the Riverclan tomcat heaved himself upwards, standing with his left paw lifted and curled so he didn’t have to put weight onto it. Eyeing the bite mark on his leg, he could see that the squirrel had broken through his skin, a few small drops of blood oozing out of the wound. He felt foolish for letting something like this happen. What would Kestrelstar say if he saw him gain an injury like this in the middle of leafbare? He could only imagine how Snakeheart would be scolding him the moment he stepped foot into the medicine den. This shouldn’t have happened.

The tall tomcat snapped out of his frantic overthinking when he felt Reedlight leaning close to him, sniffing his leg and asking him what happened. Right. He wasn’t alone out here. Snowleap had nearly forgotten. “Y-Yes,” He meowed, his voice trembling a little, but he shook his head, “The damned thing bit me. But… I’ll be fine.” He didn’t want to burden Snakeheart and Reedpaw with his stupid mistake. “Listen to me. It’s not your fault, okay?” Snowleap looked at Reedlight with a serious gaze, “I should’ve communicated with you better. This is on me.” Deep down, the young tomcat knew something like this would happen to him. He always worked too hard and too recklessly. “Don’t worry about me. Let’s finish this hunt and get something else to take back to the clan.” Snowleap hated being coddled. This was nothing. It's fine.

Last edited by Captain; January 5th, 2022 at 06:23 PM.
Old January 5th, 2022, 06:30 PM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
♢ Snowleap ♢

Releasing the squirrel from his grasp, he watched as the limp body fell onto the forest floor amongst the leaves. The dark-furred warrior couldn’t think straight, the stinging pain in his left leg making him wince and not want to move. But as Snowleap saw Reedlight rush over to him, uttering frantic apologies over and over again, he didn’t have the heart to allow his clanmate to see him like this. Holding his breath, the Riverclan tomcat heaved himself upwards, standing with his left paw lifted and curled so he didn’t have to put weight onto it. Eyeing the bite mark on his leg, he could see that the squirrel had broken through his skin, a few small drops of blood oozing out of the wound. He felt foolish for letting something like this happen. What would Kestrelstar say if he saw him gain an injury like this in the middle of leafbare? He could only imagine how Snakeheart would be scolding him the moment he stepped foot into the medicine den. This shouldn’t have happened.

The tall tomcat snapped out of his frantic overthinking when he felt Reedlight leaning close to him, sniffing his leg and asking him what happened. Right. He wasn’t alone out here. Snowleap had nearly forgotten. “Y-Yes,” He meowed, his voice trembling a little, but he shook his head, “The damned thing bit me. But… I’ll be fine.” He didn’t want to burden Snakeheart and Reedpaw with his stupid mistake. “Listen to me. It’s not your fault, okay?” Snowleap looked at Reedlight with a serious gaze, “I should’ve communicated with you better. This is on me.” Deep down, the young tomcat knew something like this would happen to him. He always worked too hard and too recklessly. “Don’t worry about me. Let’s finish this hunt and get something else to take back to the clan.” Snowleap hated being coddled. This was nothing. It's fine.
"But I'm the one who screwed up the pounce! It's my fault!" Reedlight insisted, blue eyes glimmering with worry. If he'd have managed to land the pounce, or even just have been more careful, Snowleap wouldn't have been injured! Oh, what was with him?!

Oh no. Snowleap was stubborn about his wound. Oh no: it wasn't going to be easy to convince him to get it looked at. But... Reedlight was also stubborn! Since they both were, looks like they would have to see who is more stubborn...

"You should get that looked at: who knows what'll happen if it gets infected?" Reedlight pointed out, stubbornly stomping a paw. "Besides, you might not be able to get much of a catch with that wounds: the blood might even spook the prey! Come on, let's get you back."

Old January 5th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
"But I'm the one who screwed up the pounce! It's my fault!" Reedlight insisted, blue eyes glimmering with worry. If he'd have managed to land the pounce, or even just have been more careful, Snowleap wouldn't have been injured! Oh, what was with him?!

Oh no. Snowleap was stubborn about his wound. Oh no: it wasn't going to be easy to convince him to get it looked at. But... Reedlight was also stubborn! Since they both were, looks like they would have to see who is more stubborn...

"You should get that looked at: who knows what'll happen if it gets infected?" Reedlight pointed out, stubbornly stomping a paw. "Besides, you might not be able to get much of a catch with that wounds: the blood might even spook the prey! Come on, let's get you back."
♢ Snowleap ♢

“Don’t beat yourself up about that,” He huffed at Reedlight, not wanting to hear the tomcat badmouth himself anymore, “Nobody’s perfect at anything.” This was the first time that Snowleap had been injured this badly when hunting. The last time he had done anything reckless while out hunting was when he was Lambdream. Of course, that too, was a stupid squirrel incident, but with that one, he had just nearly knocked the wind outta him. Frustrated, Snowleap couldn’t help but grumble under his breath: “I am getting really tired of hunting land prey.”

The blue-eyed tomcat hated to admit that his clanmate had a point. In leafbare, the danger of infection was severe and if not treated, then worse things would surely happen to him. Snowleap flinched a little when Reedlight stomped his paw against the ground, not used to such stubbornness thrown back at him. “Alright, alright!” The Riverclan warrior grunted, his leg aching horribly, “You’ve made your point loud and clear… But you’ll be taking this to the freshkill pile then.” He threw his head towards the squirrel in the leaves. Snowleap didn’t want Reedlight to get in trouble for his mistake, no matter how much the other tomcat protested that it was his fault. He would take full responsibility for this, like a proper warrior should.

( Gonna start typing out his Riverclan Healing form to get that outta the way, lol. )
Old January 5th, 2022, 07:01 PM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
♢ Snowleap ♢

“Don’t beat yourself up about that,” He huffed at Reedlight, not wanting to hear the tomcat badmouth himself anymore, “Nobody’s perfect at anything.” This was the first time that Snowleap had been injured this badly when hunting. The last time he had done anything reckless while out hunting was when he was Lambdream. Of course, that too, was a stupid squirrel incident, but with that one, he had just nearly knocked the wind outta him. Frustrated, Snowleap couldn’t help but grumble under his breath: “I am getting really tired of hunting land prey.”

The blue-eyed tomcat hated to admit that his clanmate had a point. In leafbare, the danger of infection was severe and if not treated, then worse things would surely happen to him. Snowleap flinched a little when Reedlight stomped his paw against the ground, not used to such stubbornness thrown back at him. “Alright, alright!” The Riverclan warrior grunted, his leg aching horribly, “You’ve made your point loud and clear… But you’ll be taking this to the freshkill pile then.” He threw his head towards the squirrel in the leaves. Snowleap didn’t want Reedlight to get in trouble for his mistake, no matter how much the other tomcat protested that it was his fault. He would take full responsibility for this, like a proper warrior should.

( Gonna start typing out his Riverclan Healing form to get that outta the way, lol. )
Reedlight opened his jaws to protest before thinking better of it and closing his jaws. Yeah, he was right: Snowleap was real stubborn. But, Snowleap was also right: there was no use blaming himself for an act already done. It wasn't going to help anyone. He was still worried though, and smiled when he saw Snowleap agree to head back. He nodded and picked up the squirrel, ready to take back before turning to Snowleap and promptly lowering the squirrel once more.

"You good to walk?" He asked. He didn't doubt Snowleap's strength and ability to move while injured, but again, he was injured, and Reedlight really didn't want it to get worse. He just hoped Snowleap wouldn't take in negatively.

(Ok. Also, the partial foreshadowing in all this thing...(