Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by AmberPrisma
Today 05:33 AM
Bicker and break.[P]
by Fritter
Last post by alec
Today 05:16 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 05:13 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by burntToast
Today 05:09 AM
Future and past [p]
by Rani
Last post by alec
Today 05:05 AM

Old April 11th, 2017, 05:36 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Dark Forest Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
The dark gray molly stood, the tufts of black on her pelt smeared with deep red, blood.She yawned, seeing a small apprentice appear besides her, glossy brown and white pelt bloodied as he wailed out. "NO! I need to be in StarClan! This must be some.. some MISTAKE!" He rushed away, yowling for StarClan. The glitter of hope in the molly's faded blue eyes was gone, they were dim without the glow of life and joy in them. She'd been here for what, 5 or 6 moons now? She couldn't exactly watch the moons go bye exactly in the Dark Forest, the stars were gone and time seemed to freeze and move slower with each paw step she took. She decided to search for the little tom apprentice, padding off and flicking her fluffy tail as her muscles rippled under her pelt. "Bushpaw, this ISN'T a mistake, StarClan saw you kill Applekit and Crowkit!" Snapped a toms voice, Bushpaw's mentor, she assumed. "B-but, Snowyleap, you killed my sister Streampaw!" He objected, tail flicking as the molly watched. "Fadedwhisper?" Snowyleap mewed as she walked out and looked at the little apprentice. "StarClan abandoned you, we won't." She said, disappearing into the shadows of the Dark Forest.

(Open)
Fadedwhisper watched the apprentice, Bushpaw, wail more about StarClan, but the molly was tuning out his mouse-brained blubbering. She scoffed as the young tom lunged for her leg, batting him away with ease as moons in this dark and evil place showed in her attacks. He sat up bleeding, his ear torn as Fadedwhisper hissed and walked away. Her gaze traveled above to the starless skies of the Dark Forest, and she wondered if StarClan could even see them here, without their precious stars. She growled, StarClan had cursed her to this forest teeming with evilness, and she didn't need them now. I'm strong, I don't need StarClan to tell me that like all the other weak living cats! She thought, returning to a shadowed den with claw-marks she had made for the proof of her thought. She smirked at the thought of raking her claws through a weakling cat, they could fight back and provide somewhat of a challenge to her, trees and moss couldn't. She flopped into her nest, unable to sleep, and just thought as the eternally black sky didn't let her know if it was day or night.
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:23 AM
taker of art requests

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
When he felt Moonstrike rub against his cheek he could his pelt grow hot, basically setting his body aflame. He wasn't used to this feeling. This is what love felt like? Did the tom feel this with Bearsnarl? Did he feel what he felt, his body grow warm at any touch, the longing for any affection or attention from the other. It wouldn't be a normal relationship between them, he knew that. They were dead,and he was fading slowly, it was only a matter of time before he was gone for good. But he would make his time count, how ever long that was. He thought about when he trained Moonstrike, when he saw him grow, when he left the dark forest to never return until it was his expectoration date. But now he was here, pressing his muzzle against his cheek and Venomscratch couldn't do anything but stare wide eyed at him, for once, speechless. "I.." he could say the words now, he could physically say them now. He didn't need to feel the longing anymore, he didn;t need to feel confised on his feelings. He didn't need to feel out of control,well,he was but, in a good way. he could say them,words that should have been said long ago. "I love you." He was never one to be sweet to another cat,or to be sentimental. He was known for being rude, blunt, selfish, full of himself, and other things. He was never knwon to love. But perhaps that could change.

Moonstrike’s heart was pounding- he was weak. Weak for the tom who had just admitted he had feelings for and loved him. Was this even normal? To even be able to feel anything when you're in the Place of No Stars? He always thought cats would only get more cold than they already were when they went down here after death. But no, he felt so.. warm. Venomscratch made him like this, and nobody else could- he was special. Some days he felt as if the sun had been beaming into his back gently while he rested in a little meadow with flowers in all colors in the middle of the forest, while other days he felt as if it was more intense- as if it was set on fire. It was his heart, that's what the tabby tom set on fire every time he looked at him, every time he just said his name. He couldn't believe he was falling for another cat, but he also couldn't believe the cat had the same feelings. He doesn't even remember when he started to have the feelings, but it was a while ago. Either before his training was over or after was when he realized it though. He went on a killing spree because he was unable to see him until he left to join the Dark Forest, which he wasn't all too happy about. He really did care, even if he didn't show it. He was always just- afraid? Maybe that was it. He didn't like being afraid, but he didn't have to anymore. He knew his feelings were returned, he had nothing to worry about. “I love you too..” Wow. He never thought they'd be saying this.

ancient aliases: brightshadows, bright
[site] [requests] [all my links]
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:21 AM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Fadedwhisper watched the apprentice, Bushpaw, wail more about StarClan, but the molly was tuning out his mouse-brained blubbering. She scoffed as the young tom lunged for her leg, batting him away with ease as moons in this dark and evil place showed in her attacks. He sat up bleeding, his ear torn as Fadedwhisper hissed and walked away. Her gaze traveled above to the starless skies of the Dark Forest, and she wondered if StarClan could even see them here, without their precious stars. She growled, StarClan had cursed her to this forest teeming with evilness, and she didn't need them now. I'm strong, I don't need StarClan to tell me that like all the other weak living cats! She thought, returning to a shadowed den with claw-marks she had made for the proof of her thought. She smirked at the thought of raking her claws through a weakling cat, they could fight back and provide somewhat of a challenge to her, trees and moss couldn't. She flopped into her nest, unable to sleep, and just thought as the eternally black sky didn't let her know if it was day or night.
Fadedwhisper finally managed to sleep, her dead eyes closing as her breathing slowed slightly. "Huh?! Where am I, anyone?!" A she-cat's voice echoed across the empty shadows as Fadedwhisper pricked her ears and walked up to the tiny tortoiseshell. "Who are you?" Fadedwhisper snarled, the she-cat wasn't dead, that was for sure. "I'm Lichenfur, who are you?!" She whimpered, pinning her ears back. "I'm.. a StarClan cat, here to train you, Lichenfur." She lied, a grin on her muzzle as she pricked her ears and studied the tortoiseshell. "Where.. where are the stars?" Lichenfur asked, twitching her ear and glancing at the pairs of eyes watching her through the shadows of the trees. "You ended up in the wrong part of StarClan, come with me.." Fadedwhisper smirked, and they arrived in a field with fake stars as she turned to Lichenfur. "Should we begin?" She mewed, the tortoiseshell nodded faintly and she began to listen to the cat in front of her.
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:25 AM
a tiny bean

My Mood: Amazed

(look hi im doing something for once)

Ascendingtwilight leaped on a tree branch, her eyes scowling, in their own right. Her scared flank twitched, and she surveyed all around her, chest rising and falling as she breathed, her ear, which had been torn in a fight moons ago, twitched and she snickered, until she began grooming a paw, seemingly unaware of her surroundings.
lotusfang
Old April 15th, 2017, 07:40 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Fadedwhisper finally managed to sleep, her dead eyes closing as her breathing slowed slightly. "Huh?! Where am I, anyone?!" A she-cat's voice echoed across the empty shadows as Fadedwhisper pricked her ears and walked up to the tiny tortoiseshell. "Who are you?" Fadedwhisper snarled, the she-cat wasn't dead, that was for sure. "I'm Lichenfur, who are you?!" She whimpered, pinning her ears back. "I'm.. a StarClan cat, here to train you, Lichenfur." She lied, a grin on her muzzle as she pricked her ears and studied the tortoiseshell. "Where.. where are the stars?" Lichenfur asked, twitching her ear and glancing at the pairs of eyes watching her through the shadows of the trees. "You ended up in the wrong part of StarClan, come with me.." Fadedwhisper smirked, and they arrived in a field with fake stars as she turned to Lichenfur. "Should we begin?" She mewed, the tortoiseshell nodded faintly and she began to listen to the cat in front of her.
Lichenfur regretted the nod, the stars didn't tell her anything, they were dull and lacking the bright hope of normal stars. The StarClan cat was faded, battle-scared and bloodied. Her regret was finalized as blood oozed from a scratch in her haunch. Why would StarClan cats train with claws?!
Old April 16th, 2017, 01:11 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright View Post

Moonstrike’s heart was pounding- he was weak. Weak for the tom who had just admitted he had feelings for and loved him. Was this even normal? To even be able to feel anything when you're in the Place of No Stars? He always thought cats would only get more cold than they already were when they went down here after death. But no, he felt so.. warm. Venomscratch made him like this, and nobody else could- he was special. Some days he felt as if the sun had been beaming into his back gently while he rested in a little meadow with flowers in all colors in the middle of the forest, while other days he felt as if it was more intense- as if it was set on fire. It was his heart, that's what the tabby tom set on fire every time he looked at him, every time he just said his name. He couldn't believe he was falling for another cat, but he also couldn't believe the cat had the same feelings. He doesn't even remember when he started to have the feelings, but it was a while ago. Either before his training was over or after was when he realized it though. He went on a killing spree because he was unable to see him until he left to join the Dark Forest, which he wasn't all too happy about. He really did care, even if he didn't show it. He was always just- afraid? Maybe that was it. He didn't like being afraid, but he didn't have to anymore. He knew his feelings were returned, he had nothing to worry about. “I love you too..” Wow. He never thought they'd be saying this.
Was it hot in here? His pelt felt like it was on fire,hearing those words. He never thought he would hear those words,he wasn't expecting that either. It was one thing to think the words, to have endless pinning and meaning behind them but to actually say them, to have the words leave the other toms mouth just made his heart swell, which he didn't think was possible. He smiled. Yes, I repeat, Venomscratch actually smiled for once. Holding no evil tones to it, no smug smirks but a genuine smile as he snugged his head in the toms chest,feelings his face heat up at the words. He felt slightly embarrassed, seeing as he felt himself become warm mush under Moonstrikes gaze, curing himself for letting the tom feel this way but deep down, he enjoyed hit. He enjoyed being loved on and given affection,seeing as he wasn't given it when he was alive. It was a new feeling, to have someone so close to you whom you cared about. It was hard for Venomscratch to show affection verbally, but he felt there was no need to. Moonstrike hopefully knew how much Venom cared for him,if not he'd simply have to show him.

Last edited by graves; April 16th, 2017 at 01:13 AM.
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:15 AM
taker of art requests

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Was it hot in here? His pelt felt like it was on fire,hearing those words. He never thought he would hear those words,he wasn't expecting that either. It was one thing to think the words, to have endless pinning and meaning behind them but to actually say them, to have the words leave the other toms mouth just made his heart swell, which he didn't think was possible. He smiled. Yes, I repeat, Venomscratch actually smiled for once. Holding no evil tones to it, no smug smirks but a genuine smile as he snugged his head in the toms chest,feelings his face heat up at the words. He felt slightly embarrassed, seeing as he felt himself become warm mush under Moonstrikes gaze, curing himself for letting the tom feel this way but deep down, he enjoyed hit. He enjoyed being loved on and given affection,seeing as he wasn't given it when he was alive. It was a new feeling, to have someone so close to you whom you cared about. It was hard for Venomscratch to show affection verbally, but he felt there was no need to. Moonstrike hopefully knew how much Venom cared for him,if not he'd simply have to show him.

Great. Now the tom’s legs would turn into an even softer jelly every time he spoke his name. He was allowing himself to have feelings with a cat again- and he’d say he actually liked it. He liked this feeling. He liked being loved, to feel special, to feel like a cat’s number one. He wanted to keep it that way, to have it last for as long as they lived. He just feared Venomscratch’s death; it would be sooner than his if he didn’t go through some accident. They were both fading, every dead cat fades. But Venom began fading sooner since he died long before Moon did. Most cats on the Dark Forest wouldn’t have mates, since they’d be ‘a waste of time’ and ‘it’d be useless since everyone dies.’ Why not save yourself from the grief? Well, there was no going back now so he should just enjoy it while it lasts. “So, I guess we’re, like..” He look down, paws shuffling and fidgeting in unusual anxiousness. This was strange, he was always more.. Confident and smug, his fur heated up even more at the thought of them being.. Official mates. He just hoped the other tom knew what he meant and wouldn’t ask him to repeat himself. He'd understand, right? He couldn't be that oblivious even if he was new to this whole 'love' thing.. At least, from what he heard and picked up from his personality he was. Not to mention his reaction to.. This. He had to have been new to these feelings, right? Well, he'd just have to help him and show him what he knew. It's not like he was a love expert or anything, but he was at least somewhat experienced with the feelings. What both of them didn't know would have to be found out together.

ancient aliases: brightshadows, bright
[site] [requests] [all my links]
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:33 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Lichenfur regretted the nod, the stars didn't tell her anything, they were dull and lacking the bright hope of normal stars. The StarClan cat was faded, battle-scared and bloodied. Her regret was finalized as blood oozed from a scratch in her haunch. Why would StarClan cats train with claws?!
Lichenfur's breath came in rapid pants as she tried to escape the cruel place, seeing the cats evil smirk of glee at her bleeding wound, she knew this WASN'T StarClan. She found herself back in camp, panting with blood still on her pelt. The tortoiseshell stood, confused and scared, and decided to ask the medicine cat. 'I don't want to go back there..' she thought.
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:53 PM

My Mood: Lurking

@Skelly

Ash stood silently, staring into a murky puddle on the bare ground. Her dark tabby coat seemed to blend with the air around the edges. Though she was beginning to get used to that. She could never get used to the haunted look in her fiery golden eyes. She disliked to admit how broken and lost she was, nothing could replace the hollow she felt in this miserable place. She was an outcast here, a disappointment of an era of strength that was long past. Her tail flicked and she looked away from herself, padding onward. The dark tabby wasn't sure where each pawstep was taking her, she was on an endless journey to the border between Starclan and the Darkforest that she wasn't even sure existed to find a mate that she wasn't even sure would still love her, let alone be waiting for her...Though she had never been able to find Rain again, maybe he had managed to find it. her eyes stung and she shook her head. If the pain and memories could all go away that would make this life easier, though nothing was ever easy for Ash; it never had been. It was a life of misery with small ups that had led to her demise and corruption. She would pay any price for a second chance at redemption to be reunited with Burdock. She winced aloud, she couldn't even remember his name without the urge to curl into a ball of bitter sorrow and sob till she couldn't feel herself. Though Ash had done that so much now that she knew something needed to change, but she didn't know how to change. Ash had never been able to change her deep rooted ways of holding grudges, never been able to mask her greed. Her lips turned down in the corners with disappointment. This misery was what she deserved, but at the same time she didn't believe that. She'd been being punished since birth, and she'd never been able to understand why that had to be so.

A spark of light shone nearby and she looked over with surprise. She never seen a light here, not like that. There was no bright light here, only darkness and the murky shine from a ghastly moon that shone constantly overhead, often masked by a thick layer of clouds. Though her eyes penetrated the murky landscape in the afterlife. The dark tabby was frozen with curiosity as she watched and waited to see what would become of this light. Perhaps a visitor? Though Ash had heard you needed to call upon visitors, and she hadn't thought she'd done that. Although her subconscious had been screaming for family, for familiarity as she was slowly healing away from all of her losses. Her tail tip shook with curiosity and her breath came in at nervous little pulls. It was funny how the Darkforest changed a cat,
Ash had never been nervous in her life until she had arrived here. Now the molly lived in constant unease.

Last edited by Ever; April 18th, 2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old April 18th, 2017, 10:25 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
@Skelly

Ash stood silently, staring into a murky puddle on the bare ground. Her dark tabby coat seemed to blend with the air around the edges. Though she was beginning to get used to that. She could never get used to the haunted look in her fiery golden eyes. She disliked to admit how broken and lost she was, nothing could replace the hollow she felt in this miserable place. She was an outcast here, a disappointment of an era of strength that was long past. Her tail flicked and she looked away from herself, padding onward. The dark tabby wasn't sure where each pawstep was taking her, she was on an endless journey to the border between Starclan and the Darkforest that she wasn't even sure existed to find a mate that she wasn't even sure would still love her, let alone be waiting for her...Though she had never been able to find Rain again, maybe he had managed to find it. her eyes stung and she shook her head. If the pain and memories could all go away that would make this life easier, though nothing was ever easy for Ash; it never had been. It was a life of misery with small ups that had led to her demise and corruption. She would pay any price for a second chance at redemption to be reunited with Burdock. She winced aloud, she couldn't even remember his name without the urge to curl into a ball of bitter sorrow and sob till she couldn't feel herself. Though Ash had done that so much now that she knew something needed to change, but she didn't know how to change. Ash had never been able to change her deep rooted ways of holding grudges, never been able to mask her greed. Her lips turned down in the corners with disappointment. This misery was what she deserved, but at the same time she didn't believe that. She'd been being punished since birth, and she'd never been able to understand why that had to be so.

A spark of light shone nearby and she looked over with surprise. She never seen a light here, not like that. There was no bright light here, only darkness and the murky shine from a ghastly moon that shone constantly overhead, often masked by a thick layer of clouds. Though her eyes penetrated the murky landscape in the afterlife. The dark tabby was frozen with curiosity as she watched and waited to see what would become of this light. Perhaps a visitor? Though Ash had heard you needed to call upon visitors, and she hadn't thought she'd done that. Although her subconscious had been screaming for family, for familiarity as she was slowly healing away from all of her losses. Her tail tip shook with curiosity and her breath came in at nervous little pulls. It was funny how the Darkforest changed a cat,
Ash had never been nervous in her life until she had arrived here. Now the molly lived in constant unease.
Tawnypaw had fallen asleep in the apprentices' den after pulling another secret all-nighter with Ratpaw, and yawned as she woke up from her nap, only to find that she was not where she'd fallen asleep, and she was standing up. This place was dark and gloomy with a black starless sky laced with gnarled gray leafless branches. The air was thick and musty, like a place that'd never known sunlight or a good breeze, or . . . well, life. She shuddered a little at this, although she tried to hide it. She could faintly smell a rather fresh smell of cat not too far from where she stood, and she flattened her ears, telling herself that it wasn't real. This was all just a dream, and she was alone. Anyways, Tawnypaw was not really fond of other cats, as few cats in her life were kind or understanding, and those that were were very busy and she rarely got to talk with anymore. Her mentor was not one of those cats, and Tawnypaw suspected that Tawnymouth took pleasure in insulting everything she did, whether right or wrong. Shaking away those thoughts, she remembered where she was and decided to explore a little. She didn't really know where she was, although she wondered if this was the dark forest? She didn't know, but it did fit the description, as long as her source wasn't making everything up and she was just dreaming, which seemed likely except for one little thing: it was very realistic. Sighing, she padded in silence through the musty and peaty landscape, which was rather barren other than the thick, gnarled and dead looking trees that rose up around her. Each step created a wet sloshing sound, and her paws came away covered in dark slimy mud. She wrinkled her nose, and that's when she noticed the dark shape ahead of her.

It was clearly a cat, although it seemed rather transparent. It was a dark tabby with one white paw, but that was all she could really see from her angle. Tawnypaw squinted at the figure, but didn't dare go closer in case it was some figment of her imagination about to turn around and taunt her. Of course, she wasn't scared, she was just being cautious. At least, that was how she saw it. She took a long, deep breath that came out rather shaky and unsteady, for something about the cat seemed achingly familiar, and her heart seemed to skip a beat. She didn't really remember very much of who she thought it reminded her of, but she knew well enough to know that the cat looked an awful lot like, well, her mother, and cautiously, she took a few steps in advance.