Last post by Rani
Today 12:31 AM

Old July 2nd, 2023, 12:13 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Omari
@ares

The two new medicine cats seemed to be soaking in her knowledge. Good. She grabbed the cat mint and brought it back over to the herb storage, returning instead with a pawful of blue berries.

"These are juniper berries. One or two berries can help with stomach ache, breathing problems and have a calming and strengthening effect." she explained, stepping back to let the other two observe the berries.

Last edited by Shade.; July 2nd, 2023 at 12:13 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 02:28 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Ah, so those blue berries were juniper berries? Okay then, that’s going to be easy to memorize. Especially since with the fact that there was deathberries in the herb storage… which, why would there even be deathberries? Weren’t those dangerous to eat? A small shiver suppressed through the calico, her ears twitching daintily as she quickly distracted herself, silently observing the berries in front of her. Well, at least they won’t have to waste any poppy seeds in case someone was going through an anaphylactic shock… which she hoped wouldn’t be so common to witness. Then again, maybe they could be used in case someone was having trouble breathing after in case, the events of a fire? That would surely be useful. Smiling briefly at the thought, Springpaw shifted her gaze to focus back up towards the marbled tabby. “So juniper berries could be used for stomachaches and to soothe anyone going through an anaphylactic shock? Sounds simple to remember.”

Well, that was easy to get off her chest luckily. Now, to wait to see if Drizzlecloud understood if the berries were used for these type of things. Hopefully, in the calico’s mind, that she did. Springpaw wouldn’t know what else to do if she didn’t. Then again, how would she not know? The molly was practically smart than most cats that she knew—except Dovefluff and Alderstep—so it shouldn’t be an issue, right?

@Omari @Shade.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; July 2nd, 2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2023, 06:56 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud kept close to Sparrowpelt on their way back to camp, sticking to his side to ensure that Gentledoe wouldn’t fall off by any chance. She trusted Sparrowpelt, but she was here to support him just in case Gentledoe began sliding off of his back.

“Right here is good–try to be gentle,” Drizzlecloud murmured to Sparrowpelt as he placed her down into the moss bed that she had pointed him to. It was the moss bed that was closest to the ones that Drizzlecloud and Springpaw slept in. She thought that it would be best for her to rest there, just in case she woke during the night and needed assistance, the medicine cats would be as close as they could possibly be.

“Thank you, Sparrowpelt. I.. Truly appreciate your help.” Her voice was quiet, barely above a whisper, and she dipped her head to the tom as he disappeared out of the den. Before, the pair had been positive acquaintances–bordering on friends, perhaps. Now though, Drizzlecloud was certain that she could trust him and depend on him, which rightfully earned him a spot as her friend.

Back to the task at hand, though.

“Springpaw, let’s switch out her cobwebs now, apply more marigold.. Since we’re back at camp, we can try to clean up her wound better with some moss.” She offered her apprentice a thankful smile, seeing as Springpaw was the one who had suggested that in the first place. “If you wish, I can try my best to clean it up myself and apply the marigold and cobwebs, but you’ll have to help me wrap it all into place once I’m done.”

As much as Drizzlecloud wanted to preserve the innocence that Springpaw so clearly had, she would have to learn these things some day… But she would give her the chance to make that decision for herself, for now. She had seen enough today, after all. Even so, if she wanted to help out a bit more, then of course Drizzlecloud would allow her to do so–but she was more than willing to deal with the worst of it herself.

[ @lio - Gentledoe, @ares - Springpaw, @SuspiciousMindz - Sparrowpelt. ]

Ah, juniper berries! So that’s what those were! She had been wondering about those–half inclined to test them out herself, but what good would that do? She didn’t have any ailments to be dealt with, so her experimentation would only result in knowing whether or not the berry tasted good.

“Ah, so that’s what those do..” She nudged a couple of the berries towards her apprentice with her paw before she leaned down to sniff at a few herself. Hopefully she’d be able to commit Roseraven’s explanation to memory. “I see.”

[ @Shade. Ares i won’t mention you double but YOU are here too mwehehe]

[yet another double rp response crammed into one reply]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old July 4th, 2023, 12:17 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Following in close behind, the calico rushed herself into the den and stood beside Drizzlecloud, eyes welled with empathy as she watched as Sparrowpelt placed Gentledoe’s body down onto one of the extra moss-beds that their den had. The sight of Gentledoe’s body only terrified the young medicine cat apprentice, her ears pinned against her head as oceanic hues glanced over the brown-furred molly. How was she ever going to recover from such a traumatic experience? How was she going to learn to get used to using only one eye instead of both? Sighing, the apprentice was quick to wash off her paws with the stream of water inside the den, the usual white vibrant color of her fur coming back to her paws. They’ll probably get some sort of murk on them again here soon, but she wanted them to be clean in-case she were in need of helping her mentor again.

Which, speaking of, the apprentice’s head was quick to pipe up when Drizzlecloud called her name, ears fully erected in her direction as she carefully listened to her words. She was about to approach the ticked tabby, before quickly stopping on her tracks as a small glint of light shined in her eyes. “I-I can get the moss real quick! I was told to put some water on it so it could clean off the wounds much easier. I’ll go get some moss real quick so we have it at the ready.” Springpaw offered, tail raised as a short smile was quick to grow along her face. At least that was something that Coldamber taught her, and it was definitely going to be beneficial for the both of new medicine cats, that’s for sure. With that being said, the medicine cat apprentice had already began to make her way towards a small bundle of moss, being careful with taking a small bit of it out.

After she took out the small bundle, she held it up delicately by her jaws so she could make her way towards the small stream of water in the den, occasionally dipping the moss into the water so that it could have some water soak into its green depths. After a few quick dips in the water, the calico was quick to make her way back towards Drizzlecloud, holding onto the newly-dampened bundle of moss delicately by her jaws as she awaited for her mentor’s next set of instructions of what to do.

@Omari @lio @SuspiciousMindz

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Old July 6th, 2023, 03:49 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud nodded her head as Springpaw went to get the moss that they needed, and while she did that, the Medicine Cat decided to wash off her own paws, too. As best as she could, at the very least. The water was tainted with a dark red as she rinsed her paws before it was replaced with clear water once more. A quiet sigh escaped the blue-grey molly as she turned away from the water, instead returning to Gentledoe’s side.

It was devastating–deeply troubling in a way that she could hardly even comprehend. The weight on the shoulders was there again, looming above her and pushing her down until she felt like she would leave some sort of welt in the ground by the time she stood up again. It was stressful and frightening, even for a cat who had partaken in dozens of battles before. She had harboured injuries and given many, too–yet, she was still so disturbed.

Springpaw returned to her side in no time, it seemed, and the young molly’s presence lifted the weight from her shoulders, if only for a moment.

Drizzlecloud turned her head to look at her apprentice, head tilted ever so slightly to the side, although she didn’t say a word–not yet. She leaned over to her apprentice, gently touching her nose to Springpaw’s forehead. It was less formal than when Sparrowpelt had done it to Drizzlecloud a few moments before–perhaps a bit more affectionate, appreciative and tender. Without a word, she lifted her head and focused on Gentledoe again instead.

“Would you like to help me clean her up, or would you prefer for me to do that, instead? I would understand if you didn’t want to see, and in all honesty, I don’t want you to see, either… But if you wish to do so, I cannot deny you the learning experience.” Drizzlecloud spoke slowly as she leaned over Gentledoe, carefully beginning to loosen the cobwebs in order to remove the bandage that they had put together.

[ @lio - Gentledoe, @ares - Springpaw]

Old July 7th, 2023, 09:45 AM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

A quick pulse of warmth rushed through the calico as Drizzlecloud nuzzled her head, her eyes shutting as her tail rose up affectionately. Physical contact like that were things that the young molly would be used to, and even if it was brief, it still brought her a shockwave of acceptance and encouragement for something as crucial and important as this. Springpaw briefly smiled through the dampened moss up towards her mentor before glancing down towards Gentledoe, mentally grimacing and preparing herself for witnessing the grave wound upon the molly’s face. “I… I’ll help you clean it up. I don’t want you to do alone.” she added in, focusing her blue eyes up towards Drizzlecloud’s deep green. It was true, at least. The young calico definitely didn’t want her mentor to do something as gruesome as this alone, and she’ll learn how to fix some wounds that are just as grave as… that, for the future. ”What do you want me to do first? I can help take off the bandages if that is what is needed.”

@Omari @lio

Last edited by iliri; July 8th, 2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old July 9th, 2023, 12:38 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Omari @ares

The trek back to camp had been... a lot more difficult than Flightpaw thought it would be. As soon as she made it through the entrance she had shoved Dapplepaw away with a growl and limped towards the medicine den. Her green eyes had a fierce look to them that were locked on her destination, paws not stopping until she finally hobbled her way in. Normally she would've gone right to her nest were it not for the deep gash in her chest. Her throat wound was shallow, and the bite on her foreleg was only causing a slight limp - but her chest still burned.

"I need some help," she huffed out impatiently as she sat down, praying to whatever forces above that Bumblestar would not come in here - at least, not until she had been patched up and given time to catch her breath. She knew she was in for a berating, but it didn't make her frustrated. If anything, perhaps it would get her mentor to finally pay attention to her unlike how she had dismissed her at the meeting.
Old July 9th, 2023, 02:01 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

The last few days have been rather havoc, far too havoc to the calico’s liking. The recent battle had still left a minor strain on her shoulders, and it had some seemed to worsen as time passed by. Her shoulders sagged and her posture had worsened; her eyes were hazy as bags had formed beneath her blue depths. Everything from here lately had seemingly begun to take its toll, and Springpaw had only been holding herself back from asking for help. She needed her mother or someone close to her to help her through her mental instabilities. Not just help, but guidance as well. Sitting here in the darkness of the medicine cat den didn’t help much with her declining mental health, but it was the most that she could manage without cats looking in her direction and being worried about the physical state of their medicine cat apprentice. It was what her clan needed, after all.

Oriental ears perked up at the sound of a voice near the entrance of the den, whipping her head around to face the direction of the feline that had entered the den. Well, the word ‘help’ seemed plenty enough for the calico molly to understand the situation. It was either that the cat themselves were injured, or that someone outside of the den was injured. It was either one or the other. Huffing silently beneath her breath, Springpaw lifted herself onto all fours and slowly scaled her way towards the newcomer, hazy eyes narrowing to get a better look at who waltzed into the den. The faint scent of both blood and ShadowClan began to mingle in her nostrils, almost making the molly want to puke. Did this cat have some sort of skirmish at the border? Clearing her throat, Springpaw vividly focused her oceanic hues up towards Flightpaw’s own, fighting away the haziness that attacked at her system. ”Flghtpaw,” she spoke, setting herself down on her haunches as her eyes got a better look at the wounds on the cat in front of her. A small part of her brain had begun to implicate what the apprentice had to tell, but she might as well ask what had possibly happened to her to have earned these types of wounds. “What seems to be the problem?”

@tulin

Old July 10th, 2023, 06:44 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@ares
@Omari

Roseraven nodded as the medicine cats examined the juniper berries.

"You have to remember, though. Don't feed them to someone while they're unable to breathe. Find a time window in which they can calmly chew them up and swallow them. Otherwise, they could choke. It's more about chronic breathing issues rather than bursts or shocks. Those might require....chest massages." The words sounded oddly painful, and a flash of regret crossed Roseraven's face. She shouldn't be the one reaching them this. Look how we'll the last time she tried doing chest compressions went.

The small tabby returned the berries and came back instead with a bit of borage, with pink and blue blossoms and fuzzy leaves.

"This is borage. Chewing up and eating the leaves helps queen's produce milk. Outside of that, it can be used for stomach-aches, fevers, and tight chests." she explained.
Old July 10th, 2023, 04:40 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

A soft hum escaped the blue-grey spotted tabby, peering down at her apprentice with thoughtful green eyes. If it were Drizzlecloud that was the apprentice here, she would have been cowering away from this mess as a whole. Cowardice was a common roadblock for her during her own moons as an apprentice–and it was one hindrance of many. Springpaw however, no matter how frightened and nervous she may be, she tried her very best to stick it out. In a way, Drizzlecloud envied her for that–or perhaps it was the apprentice that still found a home within her own heart that did.

“Let’s take the bandages off and see how she’s doing, and we’ll simply go from there. How does that sound?” The question that she asked was a hypothetical one, they would have to start at that point one way or another after all. With a small sigh escaping her maw, she leaned over to tug at the cobwebs that covered the entire half of Gentledoe’s face with her teeth. Taking the bandages off was the easy part, it was looking at her after that was so hard for her.

“I just feel so awful,” She muttered, more so to herself. She found herself gazing down at Gentledoe’s mangled face, a deep frown carved into her face. “I wish you didn’t have to see any of this.” There was no point in lingering on things that could clearly never happen now, though. “...Let’s begin with getting her cleaned up, yes?”

[ @lio - Gentledoe, @ares - Springpaw]

The sight of Flightpaw was certainly shocking to say the least. The medicine cat peered at the apprentice, brows raised in surprise at the state of her. What could have happened? Where had she gone off to in order to get these kinds of wounds? “Flightpaw,” Drizzlecloud began, her voice stern, probably sounding like a queen who was about to scold a kitten in the nursery. “How did this happen?”

As she let her question–and Springpaw’s similar one–hang in the air, she toddled off to go and grab a ball of moss, dipping it into the stream that ran through the medicine den to soak it with water.

[ @tulin - Flightpaw ]

She supposed that did make sense. If a cat is already having some sort of breathing issue such as choking, why would you try to make them eat something? It just wouldn’t really work out–not in a good way, at the very least.

Drizzlecloud’s eyes softened for a moment, noting the expression that crossed over Roseraven’s face. It made her chest feel a bit heavy, feeling.. Guilty. With a small shake of her head, the feeling was gone. She doubted that Roseraven wanted her to be taking pity on her, after all.

Borage! Drizzlecloud’s tail flicked behind her as she leaned over to scent the colourful herb that Roseraven presented them with. She nodded her head, nosing gently at the petals of the flowers, trying her best to memorize the scent and the herbs uses, of course.

[ @Shade. - Roseraven ]