Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 11:40 PM
Too late, too early [p]
by Rani
Last post by Rani
Today 11:38 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 11:14 PM
abandoned hope [adoption...
by lark.
Last post by Blazing
Today 11:14 PM

Old December 12th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I am da book fort queen..

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Ripplekit followed Pinekit. "Ok. I'd rather do stories. I can't do fighting since I'm blind so yea.."
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@Suspiciousmindz

The tom was pleased to hear that things had gone fine even without him. If there had bee any complications during the birth - either for their kit or his mate - than he probably would've fallen into a state of depression. He wouldn't know what to do from there. Fogstep did care very deeply for people, which is why it would be extremely difficult for him to bounce back if anything had gone wrong. He gave a friendly smile and nodded his head has Lotusheart joked that he wouldn't have been able to handle it properly anyway. But she was right, he most likely would've panicked and been useless.

His heart lifted when she informed him that she had been waiting for him to start the naming of the four little kits. "Thanks," he purred, and began to study the little kits closely. "There's four..." he began slowly. "Which is good, that means that we both get to name two of them," Fogstep then blinked as he realized he'd be reasonable for naming two of their little furballs. How did Stormblaze name me and my siblings? Did he name any of us or was it all Brightcloud, or maybe the other way around? No one ever told him how important it was to come up with great names for your own kits.

Fogstep leaned forward. "Okay... so you should get to name this one," he said as he placed his nose of the dark kit that looked similar to Lotusheart. "They look like you," he point out with a goofy grin. The warrior bit his lip as he touched a grey tabby. "How about... Smokeykit [ @Queen of the Moon ]?" He mewed. It was a name he believed you couldn't go wrong with, and believed that the small molly would grow up and not regret it. The tom glanced up to see what Lotusheart thought of the name and quickly turned towards another kit.

"Hmmm..." the grey tuxedo furrowed his brows as he continued to think up another name for a kit, looking between the white with grey splotches and the dark brown one. I already named a grey one, maybe I should also name a brown one? Fogstep thought. He then proceeded to brush his tail over the dark brown kits. "And for this one how about Blossomkit [ @TehDerpyShoelace ]?" This one was also like a question, and then again looked towards his mate for confirmation on whether those were actually good names or not. "Now you can name a grey and brown kit too," the tuxedo quickly added, giving her another warm grin.
Lotusheart's green gaze followed the tom's as he named two of the four kits. She purred with delight at the names he chose, looking towards the last two, unnamed ones. A grey one like Fogstep and a brown tabby like herself. She had to think carefully, she wanted them to be unique. Although first, she said the other two mentally. Smokeykit and Blossomkit, "Those are beautiful names for two beautiful kits," she gave her mate a purr before going back to thinking about the last two.
Her gaze settled on the brown tabby similar to her. The only difference was the chest. White like their fathers. Giving it some thought, she began to think that the young kit looked similar to that of a female quail. Quail. That seemed perfect enough. Placing her pink nose on their forehead, she named them. "They will be Quailkit," [@Duskflight] she breathed, repeating herself as her head lifted back up so Fogstep will hear. "Quailkit for them," she purred.
Turning toward the last kit, she looked at him for a moment. He was their only son. He looked like a fluffy version of his father. She purred at the thought, although didn't mention it to Fogstep as she assumed he had already noticed it. Thinking about the name once more, it seemed as though she had put more thought into it. Their only son should have a unique name, one that everyone will remember. Then it struck her. She would name him after water, the lake to be more specific. Once more, the Maine Coon rested her nose on the tom "He will be Lochkit," she purred, this time she didn't have to repeat herself as she spoke loud enough for Fogstep to hear.
Once she had finished naming them, she looking up at the grey and white tom for approval, her green hues were shining. She couldn't be more proud or grateful to have the family she does now. Lotusheart only prayed nothing would ever change.
[Poor Lotus ;-;]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; December 13th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Q~U~E~E~N O~F N~O~T~H~I~N

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplefall View Post

"It's ok! Don't worry if it's weird; I've heard there once was a warrior called Longtail; imagine that, Longkit, Longpaw! Did his mother hate him?"
Icekit giggled a bit at the name. "I dont think his mothre hated him..." she smiled a bit, "That much~"

Old December 13th, 2016, 05:50 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Lotusheart's green gaze followed the tom's as he named two of the four kits. She purred with delight at the names he chose, looking towards the last two, unnamed ones. A grey one like Fogstep and a brown tabby like herself. She had to think carefully, she wanted them to be unique. Although first, she said the other two mentally. Smokeykit and Blossomkit, "Those are beautiful names for two beautiful kits," she gave her mate a purr before going back to thinking about the last two.
Her gaze settled on the brown tabby similar to her. The only difference was the chest. White like their fathers. Giving it some thought, she began to think that the young kit looked similar to that of a female quail. Quail. That seemed perfect enough. Placing her pink nose on their forehead, she named them. "They will be Quailkit," [@Duskflight] she breathed, repeating herself as her head lifted back up so Fogstep will hear. "Quailkit for them," she purred.
Turning toward the last kit, she looked at him for a moment. He was their only son. He looked like a fluffy version of his father. She purred at the thought, although didn't mention it to Fogstep as she assumed he had already noticed it. Thinking about the name once more, it seemed as though she had put more thought into it. Their only son should have a unique name, one that everyone will remember. Then it struck her. She would name him after water, the lake to be more specific. Once more, the Maine Coon rested her nose on the tom "He will be Lochkit," she purred, this time she didn't have to repeat herself as she spoke loud enough for Fogstep to hear.
Once she had finished naming them, she looking up at the grey and white tom for approval, her green hues were shining. She couldn't be more proud or grateful to have the family she does now. Lotusheart only prayed nothing would ever change.
[Poor Lotus ;-;]
Fogstep was pleased when his mate approved of the name he has given to two of their kits. He watched impatiently and carefully as Lotusheart began to think up names for the other two kits. He tried to guess what she would name them, but quickly shook his head and decided that the names were for Lotusheart alone to give them. The tom could tell that she was thinking careful about the names and watched her as she readied herself to start the naming.

His ears perked as she gently touched the kit that look identical to her with her nose, giving it it's name. Quailkit, he thought about it for a moment, enjoying the name. "They do look like a quail, huh?" He softly laughed, his eyes warm and already having a look that any loving father would hold for his young kits. Quailkit is such a nice name, though he would love any name that Lotusheart gave them.

As she then turned towards the kit that looked the most like him - though already showing sign of having longer fur like his mother - he glanced back at Lotusheart. He was aware that this was their only son, and wondered if she was going to give him an overly masculine name due to that fact. Instead, she gave him a better name that was forced by the fact that he was a lone tom, which Fogstep was glad for. "Lochkit, that one is also great!" Loch, it was different than the average name - though he probably would've named it something more common such as 'Lakekit', but he knew that Lochkit was a much better name.

"They're all perfect... and so are the names!" The dark grey and white tom exclaimed, licking his mate's cheek. He then gave each kit a small lick on the forehead. He was sure his purrs could be heard from Thunderclan at this point. It felt like his chest going to explode with the happiness, pride and love he held for his newly expanded family.

(i know ;-; shall we now time skip 1 moon?)

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old December 17th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Just A Fossil

@Hexict
@Duskflight
@Tiny Moony
@TehDerpyShoelace
[Here's the time skip post]

Now, the Maine Coon laid motionless in her nest. Her normally bright emerald hues were now clouded over with grief. She had lost Fogstep to the Liberation battle and part of her wishes it never happened. She'd rather live under Bucknight's rule than lose part of her family. Now his kits would be fatherless. Lotusheart finally moved her head, looking towards the four bundles of fur that had grown so quickly. She secretly missed when they would lay at her stomach all day, but now with their age they never seemed to run out of energy.
She shifted slightly in her nest, laying on her side once more, her head resting on the edge of her nest, her thoughts wandering off into their own little world. She had been like this since his death, nothing seemed to make her feel better, not even the joy of her life, the kits. Whenever she looked at Smokeykit or Lochkit, she saw their father. It was hopeless.
[short x.x]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; December 17th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old December 17th, 2016, 07:16 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@Suspiciousmindz, @Duskflight, @Tiny Moony, @TehDerpyShoelace

The grey and white fluffy kit laid beside his mother. Prior to the liberation battle, the only tom had been playful and a happy fluff ball. He'd always want to play with his sisters and Quailkit, even enjoying the company of other kits. But Lochkit had watched his own father's death. It had been a traumatizing experienced that had warped the young tom and seemed to completely changed him.

After witnessing his father's death at the claws of Thornfrost, he had instantly learned what happens to one if they speak out against what they believe is wrong and stand for what they believe is right. Now he knows to keep your mouth shut and just be glad to be alive - because if you complain, than you die.

So he stopped most of his playing and would much rather stay out of the eye of anyone that could do him harm - which could be anyone, since everyone could be dangerous. He'd much rather not risk anything and just fly under the radar. Of course, Lochkit was still kind and did love his family just as much as he always had... he just didn't show it as much due to loosing his playful nature to the former evil deputy of Riverclan.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old December 18th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Property of Dean W

My Mood: In Love

Blossomkit sat behind her mother. She had always been shy. But now that her father had died, she had no clue what was going to happen. Before the liberation battle, all was happy. But now, so many were dead. Shuddering at the thought, she walked around and laid down next to her brother. Even though they were the same age, she felt like the oldest one there.

After seeing her father die right in front of her, she grew a strong disliking for Thornfrost. Some might call it hate. It satisfied her when Thornfrost was no longer deputy, but not it scared her. There was no leader, and no deputy. She thought they all were doomed. Blossomkit dug herself further into the nest, and closed her eyes, shutting out the outside world. She wasn't sleeping, but she was resting. This was the best way to not cry. I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong.She thought, forcing down a swallow. Blossomkit is still going to be shy, but she will be strong. I'm sure this as happeded to multiple cats today, or any day for that given matter. I must not grieve. I can be sad, but I must not grieve.

(That was some strong thinking for a 1 moon old!)

Barry: "Hey, uh, I need your help."
Julian: "Those are the four words I most often hear you say, Barry. Those or, 'I hate you.'"~The Flash

~My profile is dedicated to The Flash~

Last edited by FlashFanatic; December 18th, 2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old December 18th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:

@Hexict
@Duskflight
@Tiny Moony
@TehDerpyShoelace

Now, the Maine Coon laid motionless in her nest. Her normally bright emerald hues were now clouded over with grief. She had lost Fogstep to the Liberation battle and part of her wishes it never happened. She'd rather live under Bucknight's rule than lose part of her family. Now his kits would be fatherless. Lotusheart finally moved her head, looking towards the four bundles of fur that had grown so quickly. She secretly missed when they would lay at her stomach all day, but now with their age they never seemed to run out of energy.
She shifted slightly in her nest, laying on her side once more, her head resting on the edge of her nest, her thoughts wandering off into their own little world. She had been like this since his death, nothing seemed to make her feel better, not even the joy of her life, the kits. Whenever she looked at Smokeykit or Lochkit, she saw their father. It was hopeless.
[short x.x]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@Suspiciousmindz, @Duskflight, @Tiny Moony, @TehDerpyShoelace

The grey and white fluffy kit laid beside his mother. Prior to the liberation battle, the only tom had been playful and a happy fluff ball. He'd always want to play with his sisters and Quailkit, even enjoying the company of other kits. But Lochkit had watched his own father's death. It had been a traumatizing experienced that had warped the young tom and seemed to completely changed him.

After witnessing his father's death at the claws of Thornfrost, he had instantly learned what happens to one if they speak out against what they believe is wrong and stand for what they believe is right. Now he knows to keep your mouth shut and just be glad to be alive - because if you complain, than you die.

So he stopped most of his playing and would much rather stay out of the eye of anyone that could do him harm - which could be anyone, since everyone could be dangerous. He'd much rather not risk anything and just fly under the radar. Of course, Lochkit was still kind and did love his family just as much as he always had... he just didn't show it as much due to loosing his playful nature to the former evil deputy of Riverclan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDerpyShoelace View Post
Blossomkit sat behind her mother. She had always been shy. But now that her father had died, she had no clue what was going to happen. Before the liberation battle, all was happy. But now, so many were dead. Shuddering at the thought, she walked around and laid down next to her brother. Even though they were the same age, she felt like the oldest one there.

After seeing her father die right in front of her, she grew a strong disliking for Thornfrost. Some might call it hate. It satisfied her when Thornfrost was no longer deputy, but not it scared her. There was no leader, and no deputy. She thought they all were doomed. Blossomkit dug herself further into the nest, and closed her eyes, shutting out the outside world. She wasn't sleeping, but she was resting. This was the best way to not cry. I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong.She thought, forcing down a swallow. Blossomkit is still going to be shy, but she will be strong. I'm sure this as happeded to multiple cats today, or any day for that given matter. I must not grieve. I can be sad, but I must not grieve.

(That was some strong thinking for a 1 moon old!)
Quailkit sat near in the crook of their mother's stomach, carefully liking their paw and washing behind their ears like they were shown how to do, listening to the quietness of the nursery around them, but specifically the quietness of their siblings and mother. It was unnerving and it brought that stinging edge of grief back to their heart, reminding them that their father.. Their father was gone. They barely had a chance to know him, but luckily enough for Quailkit, they had been spared the image of their death, the tabby kit had not been present to watch Fogstep die, they had been cowering somewhere, trying to ignore the sounds of the screeching the dying, and the sounds of battle, so they were at least saved from the haunting image. But the grief, that would stay there.

Why can't we just distract ourselves from it? Why do we have to sit in silence and grieve, isn't it more painful that way? Thought the kit desperately as they finished up their washing, the kit's dull green eyes looking first to Lotusheart, then to their siblings before slowly getting up and pawing at their mother's muzzle.
"Mother.. C-Can we play something? Or can you tell us a story? I don't.. I don't want to sit here in silence any more, I feel like it, l-like it hurts us.." The kit spoke softly, their head tilted as they looked at their mother for something to distract them from the grief that plagued them. Though their head did turn to their siblings, hoping that they'd want this as well, surely they didn't like to sit around in silence too right?

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 19th, 2016, 02:19 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:

@Hexict
@Duskflight
@Tiny Moony
@TehDerpyShoelace

[short x.x]

Jasperpelt padded into the nursery, the tom's yellow hues searching for Lotusheart. He was a little worried about her; her mate had died, and she was left with kits that probably just reminded her more of him. The tom caught sight of her, a motionless bundle sitting in her nest. Jasperpelt could feel a sharp pang of both regret and sorrow piercing through him. If any cat didn't deserve this, it was Lotusheart. How could this happen to her? All she had ever wanted was a family, and yet even that simple wish had been denied her. Someday. Someday everything will be right. Definitely. The tom thought confidently. This was looking on the bright side; as far as he could, because at the moment Lotusheart looked like the last thing she wanted would be a tom to approach her.

Still, Jasperpelt cared about her...and if she needed space he would give it to her, but right now, he was here to see if there was anything he could do to help. "H-hey Lotusheart...I'm so sorry...and I, uh, wanted to know if there was anything I can to do help. Something I can do for you? For the kits, maybe?" Jasperpelt asked. As far as he knew, Lotusheart seemed to have been born to be a Mother. It was as though mother,y instinct was strongest in her of all the other she cats. Jasperpelt awaited the she cat's answer, his expression a little nervous, as he was unused to dealing with grieving she cats. Was he doing the right thing here? Or was he doing the exact opposite of the right thing?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 19th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Just A Fossil

@Hexict
@Duskflight
@Tiny Moony
@TehDerpyShoelace
@Lonestar23

Aroused from her motionless stance to the pawing at her face, Lotusheart turned to see Quailkit. Green eyes seemed to spark back to normal for a moment before her gaze saw Lochkit. Her only son was there to witness the heartbreaking moment. The Maine Coon's head moved past Quailkit and Blossomkit as her tongue rasped gently over the gray and white tom-kits head and as she slowly moved back she repeated it to the other three until finally she was listening to Quailkit talk. Lotusheart's ears flicked a little towards them and she processed what they said. She had seemed a little out of it, constantly having to think about what other say before she was able to reply.

"Okay," she spoke. Her voice gentle again like it had always been. "What do you want to play?" She asked Quailkit, waiting for them to reply. Her paw lifted and she mocked them as she tapped the pad of her paw lightly onto the little kit's nose.

Although right before they could reply, her gaze flicked upwards towards a familiar voice. She seemed spooked for a moment until she realized it was just Jasperpelt. "We- we were just about to play a game," she replied gesturing towards Quailkit, although her tail wrapped around the kits a little tighter. It was just habit after the big battle, nothing to take personally. Lotusheart was paranoid she would lose more of her little family and she's vowed to do whatever it took to protect them.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL