Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Twolegplace

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:01 PM
Themed Art Competition...
by ramen
Last post by leopard.
Today 12:59 PM
✩Star's Ref Sheet World✩
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:50 PM
Riddle me this… [Herb...
by Fawn<3
Last post by Fawn<3
Today 12:36 PM
need a header for Snowleaf
Last post by leopard.
Today 12:19 PM

Old September 19th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Queen of the Birbs

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: - alleyway - [open]

@Gusty

Lily twitched her ear as Daedalus spoke, but that was the only sign of her annoyance. She was nothing like the optimistic yet obnoxious kittypet who'd snuck into that alleyway. The tabby was holding herself more like she had before leaving the forest, although most loners or kittypets wouldn't recognise it for what it was.

The she-cat mused over her response for a moment before meowing, "Yes, the forest. I was born and raised there, and I never should've left." Her blue eyes narrowed slightly, and they dimmed a little with thinly-veiled grief. "Leaving was a mistake because it's not how I was raised. My mother always taught me to care for those around me, and my father told me to be loyal to the ones I love. And yet..." She could no longer recount this while looking a cat in the eyes; the tabby turned her gaze to her paws. "I-I left it all behind at the first sign of trouble. My friends, my mate... It was a mistake."

My Character Site (W.I.P)

-WarriorCats- is my baby pet rock
Webpaw All The Way~ is my "STALKER WHO LOVES DRAWING CATSSSS"

Last edited by bobtail; September 19th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 09:40 PM
lover of science and cats

My Mood: Inspired

@SamCats

The forest. She survived in the forest. Daedalus thought, forcing his facial expressions down from a shocked scowl to a neutral poker face. Who would've known.

"What do you mean, you regret it?" He asked first. It was a stupid question. She obviously missed her family and friends; that was what she implied by the second part of her response.

Following up quickly to cover up for his first statement, he continued: "So what, are you just going to enter that forest and find your family? They might not be there anymore. Who knows what might've happened to them... according to the rumors I hear, there can be foxes and badgers. Which can easily kill cats like us."

And how are you even going to find them? How long have you been a housecat? Do you even know your way back to your family through the maze of trees? He thought, trying to sort this mess all out. He'd never really been involved in anyone else's life before, this was a new sort of thing for him.

:: roleplayer of Halite- the former Dusk Syndicate Commander ::

Last edited by Gusty; September 22nd, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:41 AM
Queen of the Birbs

@Gusty

Lily frowned a little at Daedalus' initial question, wondering whether to be offended or confused. She quickly put it out of her mind as the loner spoke again, forcing her face back to a neutral expression. She heard the much more... reasonable questions and mulled over her response for a moment.

"Well, yes. It might be hard to find my way back to the forest, but once I do, I'm just going to go in. It may have been a long time since I was there, but I still remember where I was born." Lily explained, trying not to go into too much detail for risk of spilling things she wasn't comfortable talking about. "And I doubt that they'll have left. If my Clan is gone, then so are all the others and that's not very likely." After what happened to SkyClan, I'm pretty sure that none of the Clans would let another get driven off.

She couldn't help but smile a little at the mention of predators. It'd been far too long since she'd had a real fight! "As for any foxes or badgers... it might be moons since I was trained, but a true warrior never forgets how to fight." As she spoke, she began to realise just how true her words were: she could vividly remember bowling over her mentor, being confronted by enemy warriors, taking down a patrol with her Clanmates by her side. She had to stem the flow of memories before they reached the one she knew would break her all over again.

Old October 4th, 2017, 10:05 PM

@SamCats o o p s I should have replied earlier

CLAN! That was the very first thing that swept through Daledalus’s mind, snapping into his thought process as quick as lightning, making it seem unreal. The fact that Lily once lived in the forest was a spectacular, peculiar feat in itself, but her being a clan cat that once lived in the forest- well, that was even more mind-blowing, and Daledalus froze in temporary shock. His whiskers tensed up; his tail no longer swished side to side, basking in the strangely warm sunlight, but instead shot straight upwards, as if he was afraid.

And she was a warrior too... he thought, biting his rough sandpaper tongue until it hurt. Daedalus didn’t know too much about warriors, but he certainly didn’t like them, from his prior background knowledge. They didn’t seem trustworthy. But then again, nobody was trustworthy. It just so happened that clan cats seemed even more untrustworthy than the general crowd. He’d never intended on ever seeing a member of the clans in his life, and yet here one was, right in front of him- well, a former one, but the effect was still there.

Daledalus thought that he may have had a chance at becoming friends with Lily, or at least acquaintances that chatted every month, but now he wasn’t so sure. This whole clan thing got onto his nerves.

By now, he’d completely forgot the whole ‘getting-into-forest’ dilemma and only concentrated on the ‘clan’ part. There was a spacious gap in the conversation, where he opened his mouth to snap something sarcastic or mean-spirited back, only to close it again without uttering a single word.

Old October 5th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Queen of the Birbs

@Gusty
(It's fine!)

Lily was unreasonably surprised by Daedalus' response; he may not be a kittypet, but he still lived in Twolegplace, and most cats who lived there were afraid or at least wary of Clan cats, whether it was because of the stories that they ate live rabbits and kittypets or because they just seemed threatening. All the same, the tabby was somewhat hurt by the sudden change in the loner's demeanour, having thought that perhaps they could talk for a while longer. But if he was so put down by the realisation, perhaps of her heritage or her willingness to fight, then maybe they just weren't meant to be friends.

"Daedalus?" She ventured, wondering if perhaps she could talk the loner back into friendliness. "Is everything okay? Was it something I said?" Maybe he doesn't actually mind who I am. Maybe he was just surprised! The blue-eyed she-cat twitched her tail hopefully, suddenly realising how upset she had sounded; she sat down on the hard Twoleg path and lifted one paw to her muzzle, licking it and drawing it over her ear as if to seem disinterested.

Old October 19th, 2017, 04:50 PM

@SamCats

“I...” he started at first, somewhat hesitant, unsure of how things would play out. At first, Daedalus thought of lying, because was already ingrained in his mind. I could just say that there’s nothing wrong, and then hold a grudge for the rest of time. It won’t be too bad.

And the tom would have said that. Except the fact was that he had already paused for a significant amount of time, and if he spoke that sentence now, it would sound suspiciously false and calculated. To lie properly, you’d at least have to make it semi-believable, and Daedalus has already fallen out of that zone. His facial expressions revealed everything at first glance.

So instead, the alley cat slouched down a bit and just muttered, “I just don’t like clan cats.”

Subconsciously, the ragged-furred feline realized that he might have offended Lily in some way, but there was no way to take back the statement. It just hung in the stale air, awkward as ever.

Old October 20th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusty View Post
@SamCats

“I...” he started at first, somewhat hesitant, unsure of how things would play out. At first, Daedalus thought of lying, because was already ingrained in his mind. I could just say that there’s nothing wrong, and then hold a grudge for the rest of time. It won’t be too bad.

And the tom would have said that. Except the fact was that he had already paused for a significant amount of time, and if he spoke that sentence now, it would sound suspiciously false and calculated. To lie properly, you’d at least have to make it semi-believable, and Daedalus has already fallen out of that zone. His facial expressions revealed everything at first glance.

So instead, the alley cat slouched down a bit and just muttered, “I just don’t like clan cats.”

Subconsciously, the ragged-furred feline realized that he might have offended Lily in some way, but there was no way to take back the statement. It just hung in the stale air, awkward as ever.
@Gusty

Lily fought back her initial response, to hiss and swipe at Daedalus, and instead took a deep breath to calm herself, her annoyance shown only in a single twitch of her tail. She closed her eyes briefly, thinking of a calm day in the forest, before opening them again and straightening her downturned lips. It wasn't Daedalus' fault; most Twolegplace cats disliked wild cats. Maybe he'd had a bad experience with one; Clans definitely weren't the most open towards outsiders.

"I can understand that." She meowed, glancing away awkwardly as the words tumbled from her mouth. They were true; it was why she had left the Clan in the first place. "Clan cats can be brutal and unwelcoming, and I know firsthand just how cruel some of them can be. The reason I left was because of how dangerous they are. They..." she broke off, closing her eyes tightly and taking a deep breath to hold back the sob threatening to break from her throat. "A Clan cat killed the one I loved. That's why I left."

Old October 24th, 2017, 10:38 PM

@SamCats

Daedalus could feel the underlying tension of the situation. Yes, Lily wasn’t entirely outraged, but her tone was sharp and crisp. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything after all. Maybe he shouldn’t have left his alleyway. Maybe taking risks like these were mistakes.

Oh. I see. Some clan cats are brutal, is that what you’re implying? he thought, although his mind envisioned needle-sharp claws and bloodstained carcasses. And I see that some clan cats kill... so it is like the rumors. I still am not really fond of them.

“But you,” Daledalus replied, uncertainly. “You’ve never killed anyone, have you?” Lily didn’t look like she was extremely bloodthirsty, but who knows, after growing up with cats that could be potential murderers... the tom didn’t fear for his safety, but he did want to know the ferocity of clanners.

Old November 6th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Queen of the Birbs

@Gusty

If she'd been annoyed before, Lily was now officially offended. She fought to stay calm, closing her eyes tight and taking more than one deep breath before lifting her head and opening her eyes again. "No, Daedalus. I have never killed another cat." She hesitated for a second, not really wanting to risk scaring the longer even more. That would just hurt the both of them more.

"No, I've never killed a cat. I'm the heat of battle to defend my territory, I have come close. But the warrior code dictates that you should never kill an enemy, even in battle, unless it is to protect your own life." She meowed cautiously, wondering whether this would help or not. The mention of battle would probably make things worse, but telling Daedalus about the warrior code wouldn't hurt... right? "And since every Clan cat follows the warrior code, cats are rarely killed."