Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM
well that didn't go as...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 02:21 AM
How's your pfp?
Last post by CrimsonOaks
Today 02:05 AM

Old March 6th, 2017, 11:14 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat12 View Post
"I don't have anything I need to do," Ivypaw frowned a moment, thinking. "At least, I don't think so...." she trailed off, deep in thought, only to bounce back again. "But, oh well! I'll do whatever you want to do!" The things Shadepaw could do were limited, and Ivypaw knew that. She just didn't know the full extent of what her friend could and couldn't do. Because of that, Ivypaw lets Shadepaw pick most of their activities. The grey apprentice flicked her ears and shook her pelt one more time. Finally satisfied, Ivypaw hopped out of her nest and trotted up to Shadepaw, ready for any adventure she cared to take them on.
Shadepaw jumped to her paws, her eyes wide with sudden excitement. She'd just had an excellent idea, and couldn't wait to tell Ivypaw, but still, she hesitated, wondering if Ivypaw would like the plan as much as she did. Ducking her head, she gave her white chest fur a few quick, embarrassed licks with her tongue. “Does exploring the territory sound good?” she asked, her tail tip twitching. She wanted to explore the dark bits on the territory, even if getting there would mean hopping from tree shadow to tree shadow to keep from getting burned by the sunlight. She tilted her head expectantly, wondering if Ivypaw either liked the idea or had a better one.
Old March 6th, 2017, 11:28 AM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post

Shadepaw jumped to her paws, her eyes wide with sudden excitement. She'd just had an excellent idea, and couldn't wait to tell Ivypaw, but still, she hesitated, wondering if Ivypaw would like the plan as much as she did. Ducking her head, she gave her white chest fur a few quick, embarrassed licks with her tongue. “Does exploring the territory sound good?” she asked, her tail tip twitching. She wanted to explore the dark bits on the territory, even if getting there would mean hopping from tree shadow to tree shadow to keep from getting burned by the sunlight. She tilted her head expectantly, wondering if Ivypaw either liked the idea or had a better one.
(I had to make a duplicate of Ivypaw so we can't exactly go into the territory)
"Hmmm," Ivypaw scrunched up her nose. Exploring the territory sounded fun, especially with Shadepaw, who always seemed to have a trick up her..fur?(Idk) However, Ivypaw knew of something even better. She narrowed her eyes. "How about we go somewhere better, like twolegplace," she suggested. Sensing the looming disagreement, she quickly added, "It has lots of shadows for us to hide in, and how aggressive can kittypets be, anyway? All they do is sit around and eat that kittypet slop," Ivypaw wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Give me a mouse anyday." Looking at Shadepaw hopefully she added one last bit of information. "Besides, we'll be back before anyone notices we're gone, and if someone does question us, we can hunt on our way back, that way we provide the Clan with food as well," she finished with a little hop and kit eyes, desperately hoping Shadepaw would agree. She had given some good points, and Ivypaw hated to be declined after she had worked so hard trying to convince someone of something. "Please?" she begged, more like a kit than an apprentice.
Old March 7th, 2017, 07:22 AM
questionmark

Quote:
(I had to make a duplicate of Ivypaw so we can't exactly go into the territory)
"Hmmm," Ivypaw scrunched up her nose. Exploring the territory sounded fun, especially with Shadepaw, who always seemed to have a trick up her..fur?(Idk) However, Ivypaw knew of something even better. She narrowed her eyes. "How about we go somewhere better, like twolegplace," she suggested. Sensing the looming disagreement, she quickly added, "It has lots of shadows for us to hide in, and how aggressive can kittypets be, anyway? All they do is sit around and eat that kittypet slop," Ivypaw wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Give me a mouse anyday." Looking at Shadepaw hopefully she added one last bit of information. "Besides, we'll be back before anyone notices we're gone, and if someone does question us, we can hunt on our way back, that way we provide the Clan with food as well," she finished with a little hop and kit eyes, desperately hoping Shadepaw would agree. She had given some good points, and Ivypaw hated to be declined after she had worked so hard trying to convince someone of something. "Please?" she begged, more like a kit than an apprentice.
Shadepaw's hues lit up, but she otherwise his her excitement, curious to see how far Ivypaw was going to take it in an attempt to convince her to agree. Wrapping her tail around her paws, she listened indifferently to Ivypaw's kit-like begging, waiting until she was finished before bouncing up, her fur on end. “I was gonna agree with ya the entire time you mouse-brain.” she laughed, giving her friend a light shove in the shoulder to prove that that had been a playful insult and not a mean one. She wondered what TwolegPlace looked like, as she'd never actually been there, and the elders' descriptions all varied, and Shadepaw couldn't tell who's description was to most accurate. A faint grin appeared on her maw, and she looked around to make sure nobody was listening in on their conversation. She did not want to get in trouble for this, although, she supposed that even if she was caught, it wouldn't change anyone's view on her. Almost everybody thinks she's a liar.
Old March 7th, 2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Shadepaw's hues lit up, but she otherwise his her excitement, curious to see how far Ivypaw was going to take it in an attempt to convince her to agree. Wrapping her tail around her paws, she listened indifferently to Ivypaw's kit-like begging, waiting until she was finished before bouncing up, her fur on end. “I was gonna agree with ya the entire time you mouse-brain.” she laughed, giving her friend a light shove in the shoulder to prove that that had been a playful insult and not a mean one. She wondered what TwolegPlace looked like, as she'd never actually been there, and the elders' descriptions all varied, and Shadepaw couldn't tell who's description was to most accurate. A faint grin appeared on her maw, and she looked around to make sure nobody was listening in on their conversation. She did not want to get in trouble for this, although, she supposed that even if she was caught, it wouldn't change anyone's view on her. Almost everybody thinks she's a liar.
Ivypaw gave a little hop. "Yay!" She cheered. Even though Ivypaw was far from immature, she still acted childish sometimes. She was filled with excitement at the prospect of such an adventure and couldn't wait to get going. "Let's go," she yowled, leaping into the air with her powerful hind legs. When she landed on the ground, she looked at Shadepaw with an apology in her eyes. "Sorry," she whispered, remembering that they needed to keep quiet. Although she had not eaten yet, she could feel no hunger, for her adrenaline filled her. "Let's go," she whispered again, this time quietly. With exaggeration, she crept to the entrance of the den and peeked out, looking for warriors.
Old March 7th, 2017, 02:40 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Ivypaw gave a little hop. "Yay!" She cheered. Even though Ivypaw was far from immature, she still acted childish sometimes. She was filled with excitement at the prospect of such an adventure and couldn't wait to get going. "Let's go," she yowled, leaping into the air with her powerful hind legs. When she landed on the ground, she looked at Shadepaw with an apology in her eyes. "Sorry," she whispered, remembering that they needed to keep quiet. Although she had not eaten yet, she could feel no hunger, for her adrenaline filled her. "Let's go," she whispered again, this time quietly. With exaggeration, she crept to the entrance of the den and peeked out, looking for warriors.
Shadepaw flattened her ears, biting her tongue to avoid saying something she knew she would regret, as it would likely cost her Ivypaw's friendship. When Ivypaw apologized, she nodded, slightly amused by the other apprentice's antics. Swiping her tongue over her maw, clearing the sharp, metallic taste of blood from her mouth, as she'd bit down on her tongue harder than she'd realized and blood filled her mouth slightly. Sighing, she followed her friend, peering out of the den with eyes narrowed to avoid looking at the sunlight which streamed into the den. She glanced around, the pulled her head back in, blinking and shaking her head to clear the flashing afterimages left branded into her vision by the light. “I have a better idea.” she said, sitting down. “Instead of rushing out of camp, let's look like we're supposed to be leaving camp. If we're questioned,” she doubted they would be, but stated this anyways, “then we'll tell them that we're going to fetch fresh bedding for the nursery.” she explained, the tip of her slender white tail twitching to and fro as she spoke, hoping that Ivypaw had no problem with lying.
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Shadepaw flattened her ears, biting her tongue to avoid saying something she knew she would regret, as it would likely cost her Ivypaw's friendship. When Ivypaw apologized, she nodded, slightly amused by the other apprentice's antics. Swiping her tongue over her maw, clearing the sharp, metallic taste of blood from her mouth, as she'd bit down on her tongue harder than she'd realized and blood filled her mouth slightly. Sighing, she followed her friend, peering out of the den with eyes narrowed to avoid looking at the sunlight which streamed into the den. She glanced around, the pulled her head back in, blinking and shaking her head to clear the flashing afterimages left branded into her vision by the light. “I have a better idea.” she said, sitting down. “Instead of rushing out of camp, let's look like we're supposed to be leaving camp. If we're questioned,” she doubted they would be, but stated this anyways, “then we'll tell them that we're going to fetch fresh bedding for the nursery.” she explained, the tip of her slender white tail twitching to and fro as she spoke, hoping that Ivypaw had no problem with lying.
Ivypaw tilted her head, considering this plan. It was good, but she could find a few problems. "We could say that, but don't you think that a better lie would be that we're going out hunting? Because we are probably going to be out for awhile, and gathering moss doesn't take that long at all," Ivypaw flattened her ears and lowered her tail after saying this, over thinking like always and thinking that she sounded controlling. That was Ivypaw's problem. She tends to be bossy and controlling, but she doesn't mean to. She just thinks she has better ideas and likes to share them and try to make her idea the idea used. Her head lowered and she looked up at Shadepaw through her eyelashes, asking for forgiveness, if there was anything to forgive that is. Ivypaw also tended to be dramatic, making a situation seem worse than it actually was. Her breathing became shallow as she waited in tense anticipation for Shadepaw's reply, hoping it wasn't too bad.
Old March 7th, 2017, 09:29 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Ivypaw tilted her head, considering this plan. It was good, but she could find a few problems. "We could say that, but don't you think that a better lie would be that we're going out hunting? Because we are probably going to be out for awhile, and gathering moss doesn't take that long at all," Ivypaw flattened her ears and lowered her tail after saying this, over thinking like always and thinking that she sounded controlling. That was Ivypaw's problem. She tends to be bossy and controlling, but she doesn't mean to. She just thinks she has better ideas and likes to share them and try to make her idea the idea used. Her head lowered and she looked up at Shadepaw through her eyelashes, asking for forgiveness, if there was anything to forgive that is. Ivypaw also tended to be dramatic, making a situation seem worse than it actually was. Her breathing became shallow as she waited in tense anticipation for Shadepaw's reply, hoping it wasn't too bad.
Shadepaw nodded, then raised one paw. “That's true to some extent, but, I see a small problem in that. We must hunt only on either the way to the border or after we're almost back, or else the prey may smell of TwolegPlace, or other strange scents.” she said, then, pleased with the plan, she rose, her white fur flashing in the pale sunlight that filtered into the den. She hoped it was blocked by clouds just a little, or it could more easily harm her. She gave an odd bowing motion with her head, then held her tail high. She was grateful to Ivypaw for pointing out those problems, but her pride was too much for her to be able to easily admit that, so she gave a simple and barely noticeable nod of appreciation. “Shall we go?” she asked, her snow colored pelt bristling with anticipation and excitement, but she kept her face stony and and her movements subdued and slight weary. She didn't want anyone noticing her mischievous grin and obvious excitement as she usually displayed when up to something, but instead gave off an air of reluctance and displeasure. Then, without awaiting for Ivypaw's response, she padded out of the den, sticking close to the cold shadows.

Last edited by doghouse; March 7th, 2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old March 10th, 2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:

Shadepaw nodded, then raised one paw. “That's true to some extent, but, I see a small problem in that. We must hunt only on either the way to the border or after we're almost back, or else the prey may smell of TwolegPlace, or other strange scents.” she said, then, pleased with the plan, she rose, her white fur flashing in the pale sunlight that filtered into the den. She hoped it was blocked by clouds just a little, or it could more easily harm her. She gave an odd bowing motion with her head, then held her tail high. She was grateful to Ivypaw for pointing out those problems, but her pride was too much for her to be able to easily admit that, so she gave a simple and barely noticeable nod of appreciation. “Shall we go?” she asked, her snow colored pelt bristling with anticipation and excitement, but she kept her face stony and and her movements subdued and slight weary. She didn't want anyone noticing her mischievous grin and obvious excitement as she usually displayed when up to something, but instead gave off an air of reluctance and displeasure. Then, without awaiting for Ivypaw's response, she padded out of the den, sticking close to the cold shadows.
Ivypaw nodded, rising up from her slight crouch, grateful that Shadepaw wasn't mad at her slightly bossy tone. Following her friend out of the apprentices den, words at the tip of her tongue begged her to tell Shadepaw what she thought they should do, but for now she let Shadepaw take the lead, walking beside her to hopefully block out some of the sun from hitting her pelt. And so, she followed the white she-cat, praying to Starclan that they didn't get caught.
(Post in camp first or skip to territory?)
Old August 10th, 2017, 05:12 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

A black Maine Coon entered the apprentice's den, his lantern-yellow eyes gleaming in the dark. His paws fell softly on the ground as he made his way towards his nest - the day had been a long one. A long day that the tom was not planning on having a repeat of. Hard work was not something that Nightpaw was afraid of, but long days? He didn't like those whatsoever. Mainly because they seemed to hint towards soreness and exhuastion the next day, which might keep the black tom from giving it his all. As his eyes adjusted from outside to inside, he could see the various cats who were hanging out in here. At the end of the day, it was quite a good place to gather. That or the clearing, and Nightpaw appreciated both. Right now all he wanted to do was sit and be alone. Without his annoying brother or those crummy apprentices who had been bothering him lately - Nightpaw was glad of the alone time. His yellow eyes gleamed once more, their lantern-like appearance eerie among the quiet chatter of the other apprentices. He remained silent. No effort to join the conversation was made by the tom, and he seemed to like it that way.

Nightpaw wasn't really one to engage others in conversation. He never had been. He was more of the 'snap at others to go away' type then a really friendly type. Slowly, the large feline lowered his head to groom his thick fur. His ears were still up and alert, waiting for anyone to approach him. The nests beside his were vacant... Nightpaw wasn't sure who they belonged to because frankly, he had never cared enough to take a look at the other cats in the Clan. They were useless to him. Everyone but Foxpaw, and the ginger tom was quickly becoming annoying as well. Nightpaw wasn't a fan of the other cat. Sharp yellow eyes glanced up at the other cats for a moment, before he returned to what he was doing. Strong, determined licks quickly cleaned his fur and he stopped after a moment to stretch out. The tom was getting bigger every moon, and his nest was almost too small for him now. In another three or four moons... he would be a warrior. A strong warrior. A warrior that others would fear, and those who had been mean to him in his kithood and apprenticehood? They would pay. They would all pay. They would be very, very sorry for what they had done to him.

@meraki

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old August 12th, 2017, 06:30 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
A black Maine Coon entered the apprentice's den, his lantern-yellow eyes gleaming in the dark. His paws fell softly on the ground as he made his way towards his nest - the day had been a long one. A long day that the tom was not planning on having a repeat of. Hard work was not something that Nightpaw was afraid of, but long days? He didn't like those whatsoever. Mainly because they seemed to hint towards soreness and exhuastion the next day, which might keep the black tom from giving it his all. As his eyes adjusted from outside to inside, he could see the various cats who were hanging out in here. At the end of the day, it was quite a good place to gather. That or the clearing, and Nightpaw appreciated both. Right now all he wanted to do was sit and be alone. Without his annoying brother or those crummy apprentices who had been bothering him lately - Nightpaw was glad of the alone time. His yellow eyes gleamed once more, their lantern-like appearance eerie among the quiet chatter of the other apprentices. He remained silent. No effort to join the conversation was made by the tom, and he seemed to like it that way.

Nightpaw wasn't really one to engage others in conversation. He never had been. He was more of the 'snap at others to go away' type then a really friendly type. Slowly, the large feline lowered his head to groom his thick fur. His ears were still up and alert, waiting for anyone to approach him. The nests beside his were vacant... Nightpaw wasn't sure who they belonged to because frankly, he had never cared enough to take a look at the other cats in the Clan. They were useless to him. Everyone but Foxpaw, and the ginger tom was quickly becoming annoying as well. Nightpaw wasn't a fan of the other cat. Sharp yellow eyes glanced up at the other cats for a moment, before he returned to what he was doing. Strong, determined licks quickly cleaned his fur and he stopped after a moment to stretch out. The tom was getting bigger every moon, and his nest was almost too small for him now. In another three or four moons... he would be a warrior. A strong warrior. A warrior that others would fear, and those who had been mean to him in his kithood and apprenticehood? They would pay. They would all pay. They would be very, very sorry for what they had done to him.

@meraki
Staring out into space, the young tortoiseshell-and-white apprentice hardly even noticed the entrance of the large, black Maine Coon. Nettlepaw didn't know Nightpaw well at all- in fact,
she'd doubted he'd ever spoken to her once. Of course, that was no surprise to the mute she-cat; most avoided her. Found her 'weird', but Nettle couldn't blame them. She wasn't at all normal; she knew that for a fact. Normal cats weren't scared of everything that moved. Normal cats made friends. Normal cats talked.
But Nettle was perfectly fine without talking. She was a listener; a good listener. Though eavesdropper would be more accurate, as no one really told her much. She didn't exactly have friends, and she doubted anyone even knew her name. Nettle had been brought to the camp by a warrior who'd found her as a kit. She'd run away from abusive twolegs at a mere 3 moons old, though must have come a long way because there weren't many twoleg dwellings anywhere near the SkyClan camp.
Since then, Nettlepaw had only said one thing; her name. That was the last time she'd spoken.

But now her gaze drifted from the wall, and fell upon the Maine Coon once more, who seemed to be angrily licking his pelt while sitting in a nest that was becoming too small for the large cat. Thoughts returned to Nettlepaw's head, questions that most likely wouldn't be answered.
What is your name?
How many moons are you?
Are you excited to be a warrior?
Do you like your mentor?
Have you learned any new hunting tips?
Do you like hunting or fighting more?
Would you be my friend?

But none of those questions would ever be asked by the selectively mute she-cat, who was scared to approach a kit let alone a cat her own age. Nettlepaw's gaze fell down to her paws as she shifted awkwardly in her too-big nest, staring at the feathers and leaves that made up the cozy bed. The feathers were all different colours, some grey, some brown, some white, some black. She wondered who caught the bird who's feathers had been used to give her comfort at night. Who'd eaten that bird? Did the bird have any chicks of its' own? Had they seen things indescribable as they flew above the clouds? Or had they spent their moons quiet, silent, and never flying for fear of falling?
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da