Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 01:08 AM
Warrior Name Game
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:04 AM
★ ramen's little art shop ★
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 12:54 AM
[MATE+KIT...
by Bean
Last post by ramen
Today 12:52 AM
Lessons of the Past [Whole...
by Rani
Last post by CrimsonOaks
Today 12:48 AM

Old October 10th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang had made up his mind. Once the dawn patrols went out, and the day began, he marched fearlessly to the leader's den and let himself in, peering around the den with his single, orange eye. "Grousestar," he said by way of greeting, as he entered. Shinefang was not the type of cat to observe courtesy, or ask politely for an audience. For one thing, he was far too old to waste valuable time waiting for anything. For another, he was a senior warrior. He'd defended Skyclan for moons upon moons, made the journey to the new territory, and been as loyal of a cat as any clan could ask. He'd done his warrior duty long past the time when other cats his age had retired and joined the elders. His service had cost him several scars, and one of his eyes. Now, for the first time, the old warrior was asking for something back and didn't see any reason why he shouldn't get what he wanted. "I have something I wanted the talk to you about," he began clearing his throat, and triggering a cough. "This seasonal stuff," he griped. He caught his breathe and sat up, proud and straight, his gaze stern and serious, his scarred face grimacing as usual. "As you know, I've served Skyclan loyally for many moons as a warrior. I've done so proudly and fearlessly and have defended that clan with my life time and time again. And I wouldn't change a thing about that. I'm proud to serve my clan." Shinefang raised his head as he spoke, his voice alive with triumph as memories of his life as a warrior pooled within him, but just as suddenly, the old cat seemed to sag. "But it's been so many moons..." the tom hesitated, reluctant to admit what he had viciously denied before. "It's been so many moons, that It's hard to keep up with this younger cats. Now I think Skyclan needs me to serve in another way. With Ebonyfrost no longer serving as a medicine cat and those foxhearted Dusk Syndicate cats so close by, we are primed to find ourselves in some real trouble." Shinefang took a deep breathe, ready to make his argument. "As you can tell just by looking at me, I've had more than my fair share of trips to the medicine den in my time. Because of that, I've managed to learn a bit about which herb does what. I may not know as much as a kit trained from six moons, but I can keep wounds from getting infected, stop bleeding and I know what herbs to give for minor ailments. And besides, I may be old, but I can still learn a thing or two from other medicine cats. I'm not saying I'm the perfect choice, but I may be the best we have right now." His argument made, Shinefang sat back, waiting for Grousestar to respond to his proposal.
Grousestar had wanted to get up for his morning walk before the dawn patrols went out but it seems that his body had other plans, plans that apparently meant he wasn't getting enough sleep. It was unnatural for him to sleep this long into the day, and when Shinefang padded into his den he was still lightly tossed into slumber. Only at the call of his name did he start awake, sitting up in his nest with a drowsy, nearly exhausted look on his face. It took a moment for his vision to clear and he could fully see who had approached him in his den, a moment of confusion before realization. The leader had gotten around to knowing the name and appearance of just about every cat in the clan aside from some of the newest kits to be born; to see the scarred face of the veteran warrior was hardly a challenge for him to place the name. Dipping his head lightly, he responded the greeting with a small smile, still trying to fight off the rest of the drowsiness that tried to plunge him back into sleep. "Shinefang."
This tom never seemed like the type of cat to simply stop in for a chit-chat, he had something serious on his mind that he wished to discuss with the leader and so the brown tabby readied himself for whatever it was that the older cat decided to throw at him. "And no cat would doubt that Shinefang.." Grousestar tilted his head slightly, trying to see at what the tom was getting at. Was he about to request to move to the elders den? A shame that such a great warrior should be retired, but it was something that the leader was always happy to do because warriors of that caliber, of that age, deserved their rest. But he knew better than to jump to conclusions, he learned that earlier on in his leadership. And just like that, the veteran warrior suggested something that had hardly even crossed his mind. A replacement medicine cat. The idea that Ebonyfrost had stepped down and left the clan without a medicine cat was startling to the leader and he was still trying to come to terms with it considering she had yet to take on an apprentice and so left no cat to take her place.
Eyes widening a bit at the toms proposal to step up and become the clan's medicine cat, the leader straightened up fully. Mind no longer muddled with sleepy thoughts, the leader flickered his emerald gaze to the den floor for a moment. What the warrior had said was true; he might not have been as knowledgeable as a medicine cat trained by one before, but he could very well be their best option now, and with Leaf-Bare coming up so soon, Skyclan really was running out of time to find a new medicine cat.. Slowly his gaze was brought back to the medicine cat before he slowly nodded.
"I appreciate you stepping up to take the position, and I do believe you may very well be the best option at the moment.. The fact that Starclan gave you the courage and even idea to come here and ask leads me to believe that you are a strong choice to take the spot. So yes, Shinefang, you may.
You may start immediately because Skyclan can't stand another day without a medicine cat, there needs to be some cat there to care for the sick and injured and I am hardly qualified.
" Beginning to smile again, Grousestar gave a sharp nod to the tom, a little weight lifted off his shoulders now that he at least had a willing cat to be Skyclan's medicine cat.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Grousestar had wanted to get up for his morning walk before the dawn patrols went out but it seems that his body had other plans, plans that apparently meant he wasn't getting enough sleep. It was unnatural for him to sleep this long into the day, and when Shinefang padded into his den he was still lightly tossed into slumber. Only at the call of his name did he start awake, sitting up in his nest with a drowsy, nearly exhausted look on his face. It took a moment for his vision to clear and he could fully see who had approached him in his den, a moment of confusion before realization. The leader had gotten around to knowing the name and appearance of just about every cat in the clan aside from some of the newest kits to be born; to see the scarred face of the veteran warrior was hardly a challenge for him to place the name. Dipping his head lightly, he responded the greeting with a small smile, still trying to fight off the rest of the drowsiness that tried to plunge him back into sleep. "Shinefang."
This tom never seemed like the type of cat to simply stop in for a chit-chat, he had something serious on his mind that he wished to discuss with the leader and so the brown tabby readied himself for whatever it was that the older cat decided to throw at him. "And no cat would doubt that Shinefang.." Grousestar tilted his head slightly, trying to see at what the tom was getting at. Was he about to request to move to the elders den? A shame that such a great warrior should be retired, but it was something that the leader was always happy to do because warriors of that caliber, of that age, deserved their rest. But he knew better than to jump to conclusions, he learned that earlier on in his leadership. And just like that, the veteran warrior suggested something that had hardly even crossed his mind. A replacement medicine cat. The idea that Ebonyfrost had stepped down and left the clan without a medicine cat was startling to the leader and he was still trying to come to terms with it considering she had yet to take on an apprentice and so left no cat to take her place.
Eyes widening a bit at the toms proposal to step up and become the clan's medicine cat, the leader straightened up fully. Mind no longer muddled with sleepy thoughts, the leader flickered his emerald gaze to the den floor for a moment. What the warrior had said was true; he might not have been as knowledgeable as a medicine cat trained by one before, but he could very well be their best option now, and with Leaf-Bare coming up so soon, Skyclan really was running out of time to find a new medicine cat.. Slowly his gaze was brought back to the medicine cat before he slowly nodded.
"I appreciate you stepping up to take the position, and I do believe you may very well be the best option at the moment.. The fact that Starclan gave you the courage and even idea to come here and ask leads me to believe that you are a strong choice to take the spot. So yes, Shinefang, you may.
You may start immediately because Skyclan can't stand another day without a medicine cat, there needs to be some cat there to care for the sick and injured and I am hardly qualified.
" Beginning to smile again, Grousestar gave a sharp nod to the tom, a little weight lifted off his shoulders now that he at least had a willing cat to be Skyclan's medicine cat.

Shinefang listened, his tail twitching as his leader accepted his proposal. The old tom's shoulder's relaxed at first and a small sigh escaped him, until Grousestar began to talk of Starclan and their role in Shinefang's decision. "Understand, Grousetar, Starclan has nothing to do with my decision here." Shinefang lifted a paw to groom the fur behind his ears, trying to disguise the fact that his fur had bristled with the beginnings of anger at the mention of the foxhearts of Silverpelt. "I'm asking to do this because my clan needs me, and I believe this is the best way for me to serve them now. And if I have your blessing to begin, that is precisely what I'll do. After all, unlike some of these younger cats, I have no problem going without a mate. What shecat would want a grizzled old tom like me anyway?" he meowed, his whiskers twitching with amusement at his own self-deprecating joke. Though the truth was, ever since Slatepelt's death, and losing their kits he'd had no interest in trying to have a family again. His life was Skyclan, and Skyclan was his life.
It was all the old cat needed. He didn't need family, or friends, or Starclan. Starclan had done nothing but taken from him. In the old warrior's mind, taking the medicine cat position was a claw to Starclan's collective faces, a resounding yowl of, 'keep your paws off my clan!' During this time when the cold of leafbare crept closer and a medicine cat was most needed and the clan vulnerable without one, he would defend his clan with herbs instead of claws and teeth. Shinefang had made no secret of his anger toward Starclan after his mate's death and had no doubt it would be on Grousestar's mind. "Before you worry that head of yours over Starclan and I, remember that I'm no fool. I know that speaking with and interpreting signs from Starclan comes with the territory of being a medicine cat. Here's a little bit of wisdom for you: even mousebrains can have good ideas, and even foxhearts can save your pelt. I know that, and I know that when Starclan speaks, as much as I'd like to have their glittering pelts to line my nest, they should be listened to. Any cats with with wisdom that can assist Skyclan should be listened to," Shinefang said, resolution in his gaze. "And as long as you're leader, I promise to share with you all that you need to serve Skyclan as best you can."

Last edited by Charmer; October 10th, 2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old October 17th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Digital Artist

Frost hesitated in front of Grousestar's den. She took a deep breath and went inside. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to be in here, but she had a request to make. One that could change her life.

The small white she-cat stopped and stood there, not sure what to say. Her Clan leader sat there.

"G-Grousestar," she mewed. "I'm sorry a-about barging in h-her l-l-like this, b-bu I was wondering i-if I could be Shinefang's apprentice?

She stood and waited for her leader's response.
Old October 19th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

Shinefang listened, his tail twitching as his leader accepted his proposal. The old tom's shoulder's relaxed at first and a small sigh escaped him, until Grousestar began to talk of Starclan and their role in Shinefang's decision. "Understand, Grousetar, Starclan has nothing to do with my decision here." Shinefang lifted a paw to groom the fur behind his ears, trying to disguise the fact that his fur had bristled with the beginnings of anger at the mention of the foxhearts of Silverpelt. "I'm asking to do this because my clan needs me, and I believe this is the best way for me to serve them now. And if I have your blessing to begin, that is precisely what I'll do. After all, unlike some of these younger cats, I have no problem going without a mate. What shecat would want a grizzled old tom like me anyway?" he meowed, his whiskers twitching with amusement at his own self-deprecating joke. Though the truth was, ever since Slatepelt's death, and losing their kits he'd had no interest in trying to have a family again. His life was Skyclan, and Skyclan was his life.
It was all the old cat needed. He didn't need family, or friends, or Starclan. Starclan had done nothing but taken from him. In the old warrior's mind, taking the medicine cat position was a claw to Starclan's collective faces, a resounding yowl of, 'keep your paws off my clan!' During this time when the cold of leafbare crept closer and a medicine cat was most needed and the clan vulnerable without one, he would defend his clan with herbs instead of claws and teeth. Shinefang had made no secret of his anger toward Starclan after his mate's death and had no doubt it would be on Grousestar's mind. "Before you worry that head of yours over Starclan and I, remember that I'm no fool. I know that speaking with and interpreting signs from Starclan comes with the territory of being a medicine cat. Here's a little bit of wisdom for you: even mousebrains can have good ideas, and even foxhearts can save your pelt. I know that, and I know that when Starclan speaks, as much as I'd like to have their glittering pelts to line my nest, they should be listened to. Any cats with with wisdom that can assist Skyclan should be listened to," Shinefang said, resolution in his gaze. "And as long as you're leader, I promise to share with you all that you need to serve Skyclan as best you can."
Hearing what Shinefang said, the leader could only raise a brow in quiet surprise, but elected not to say anything as it seemed the tom would continue on talking, likely to expand on his current statement. "Now Shinefang, there is a cat for everyone. A she-cat should not love you for your appearance, but for your heart. And I agree that the clan does need a medicine cat, thought I'm not quite sure what you meant by Starclan not having any influence on your decision." The tip of his tail flicked slightly, the thought worrying him that the new medicine cat wasn't overly fond, or downright hateful to their warrior ancestors. Grousestar, while he had no true relationship with Starclan as a medicine cat and Starclan have, he did have a lot of faith in them, and believed in their importance for clan life. Without Starclan to guide them.. How would they continue? Grousestar was fond of Starclan, even if he didn't always understand their mysterious ways.
Shinefang's words did little to sate his worry, all of the toms mentioning of his distaste for their warrior ancestors only made him more uncomfortable. His parents were in Starclan, and surely his brother too, along with the family's and friends of others, and leaders past. They were not to be disrespected in Grousestar's mind. So he seemed quite visibly uncomfortable when Shinefang stated that he'd rather like to line his nest with their glittering pelts, though made no motion to stop the cat from speaking. He had the right to his own opinion. "Right, I appreciate your honesty, and I appreciate your willingness to share whatever Starclan sends you. I'm sure you will make a fine medicine cat for Skyclan." With an almost awkward smile, the leader would nod towards the tom to affirm what he had said with a physical notion.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:12 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Hearing what Shinefang said, the leader could only raise a brow in quiet surprise, but elected not to say anything as it seemed the tom would continue on talking, likely to expand on his current statement. "Now Shinefang, there is a cat for everyone. A she-cat should not love you for your appearance, but for your heart. And I agree that the clan does need a medicine cat, thought I'm not quite sure what you meant by Starclan not having any influence on your decision." The tip of his tail flicked slightly, the thought worrying him that the new medicine cat wasn't overly fond, or downright hateful to their warrior ancestors. Grousestar, while he had no true relationship with Starclan as a medicine cat and Starclan have, he did have a lot of faith in them, and believed in their importance for clan life. Without Starclan to guide them.. How would they continue? Grousestar was fond of Starclan, even if he didn't always understand their mysterious ways.
Shinefang's words did little to sate his worry, all of the toms mentioning of his distaste for their warrior ancestors only made him more uncomfortable. His parents were in Starclan, and surely his brother too, along with the family's and friends of others, and leaders past. They were not to be disrespected in Grousestar's mind. So he seemed quite visibly uncomfortable when Shinefang stated that he'd rather like to line his nest with their glittering pelts, though made no motion to stop the cat from speaking. He had the right to his own opinion. "Right, I appreciate your honesty, and I appreciate your willingness to share whatever Starclan sends you. I'm sure you will make a fine medicine cat for Skyclan." With an almost awkward smile, the leader would nod towards the tom to affirm what he had said with a physical notion.
Shinefang listened, amused at Grousetar's truly adorable speech on love and what was in his heart. Sometimes, he forgot how dreamy-eyed and wishy-washy his leader could be. He flicked his tail dismissively. "Eh who had time for any of that. My heart's made of thistles and burrs, didn't you know?" he meowed with a mrrow of laughter. "Anyway, not interested. Slatepelt was the only shecat for me." A hint of bitterness crept into his voice at that remark. He had loved his former mate more than the old tom had thought possible to love any cat. She had been brilliant, beautiful, and a strong warrior. And then she had to go and die during her kitting, leaving him to grief for her, their kits, and walk through life all alone after promising him they would always be together. He couldn't forgive her for not fighting harder to stay with him, or Starclan for taking her from him. They were supposed to live a long life together, and raise their kits, and serve their clan until it was time for them both to retire and hold each other in the elder's den until Starclan came for them. Instead, Starclan had shredded their plans with glittering claws, and his dear mate had treacherously joined their lofty ranks and left him to suffer alone.

There wasn't much left to say next. Shinefang could tell pretty easily that Grousestar wasn't happy about his feelings for Starclan. He hadn't expected him to be, but he wouldn't lie or apologize. He felt what he felt, and if it had truly been too much for Grousestar to bear that, he wouldn't still be allowing him to act as the medicine cat. He bowed to his leader. "Thank you. Guess I ought to get to it. You have a good day now. Announce my new duties if you like, or don't. Whatever you like. I'm sure cats will figure it out either way." With that, the old warrior, but new medicine cat turned to leave the den, eager to see which herbs were around, and that he knew. But before he left, he tuned to add one last thing. "By the way, I may know more than the average cat about these herbs, but could still use some guidance. Do you suppose another clan's medicine cat may be able to give me a few tips? Maybe, Wheatfur from Thunderclan."

(Eye of the Storm and I already have this RP going. Now it makes sense in the context of the world. Hooray for continuity!)

Old November 9th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Sigh...

Shinefang sauntered into the leader's den, not bothering to ask permission to enter. "Wakey wakey, Grousestar. Time for your check up," the medicine cat mumbled through grit teeth as he held a bundle of herbs. He hadn't had a chance to examine the leader of Skyclan since the gathering, so he'd come prepared with the herbs he knew best for treating scrapes and battle wounds. His specialty. He set the bundle on the ground. "Sorry for not getting over here sooner. Where does it hurt and how bad?" he asked, pushing the bundled leaves into neat piles.

Old November 12th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Shinefang sauntered into the leader's den, not bothering to ask permission to enter. "Wakey wakey, Grousestar. Time for your check up," the medicine cat mumbled through grit teeth as he held a bundle of herbs. He hadn't had a chance to examine the leader of Skyclan since the gathering, so he'd come prepared with the herbs he knew best for treating scrapes and battle wounds. His specialty. He set the bundle on the ground. "Sorry for not getting over here sooner. Where does it hurt and how bad?" he asked, pushing the bundled leaves into neat piles.
The Skyclan leader was actually in the middle of a small snooze when the new medicine cat came padding in, but he slowly roused at the sound of a voice, a rumbling grunt escaping him as he slowly brought his head up from his nest, eyes slowly opening to focus on Shinefang. "Hrm?" Forcing himself to shake away the sleep, he would slowly sit up as the medicine cat placed his bunch of herbs on the floor of his den, Grousestar having to wipe a paw over his face slowly before setting it back down and looking at him more clearly.
"No that's perfectly okay with me, the others need the treatment first. I have 9 lives and they don't." He would flash a small smile even though his statement wasn't totally true. He didn't have 9 lives at the moment, he had 8, he had lost one in the liberation of Shadowclan. Whether the fact was known to the clan or not, he wasn't completely sure, but if they didn't know then it would be better to keep it that way.
"Anywho, erm just a few scratches nothing too serious. The one on my left flank hurts a good amount and this one on my chest, the others sting but not as bad as those two." There were two prominent scratches that scored across the brown tabbies pelt, one on his left flank and one on his chest as he's noted, but there were other smaller sets of nicks and scratches along his back and both shoulders, though none on his face. "Where there any serious injuries that you've had to tend to?" Questioned the leader with a small grimace, as if the thought that any of his clan had been so badly injured hurt him as well.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old November 12th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
The Skyclan leader was actually in the middle of a small snooze when the new medicine cat came padding in, but he slowly roused at the sound of a voice, a rumbling grunt escaping him as he slowly brought his head up from his nest, eyes slowly opening to focus on Shinefang. "Hrm?" Forcing himself to shake away the sleep, he would slowly sit up as the medicine cat placed his bunch of herbs on the floor of his den, Grousestar having to wipe a paw over his face slowly before setting it back down and looking at him more clearly.
"No that's perfectly okay with me, the others need the treatment first. I have 9 lives and they don't." He would flash a small smile even though his statement wasn't totally true. He didn't have 9 lives at the moment, he had 8, he had lost one in the liberation of Shadowclan. Whether the fact was known to the clan or not, he wasn't completely sure, but if they didn't know then it would be better to keep it that way.
"Anywho, erm just a few scratches nothing too serious. The one on my left flank hurts a good amount and this one on my chest, the others sting but not as bad as those two." There were two prominent scratches that scored across the brown tabbies pelt, one on his left flank and one on his chest as he's noted, but there were other smaller sets of nicks and scratches along his back and both shoulders, though none on his face. "Where there any serious injuries that you've had to tend to?" Questioned the leader with a small grimace, as if the thought that any of his clan had been so badly injured hurt him as well.
(I'm gonna have Shinefang pull a Yellowfang here).

"Eight lives," Shinefang corrected the leader. "A medicine cat always knows," the old tom added with a mischievous smirk. "Not to worry, I won't say a word. Leaders often like to keep that number to themselves. It's only natural. But you should really trust your medicine cat more." Shinefang clicked his tongue as he parted Grousestar's fur on his chest and flank, taking a good look at them. "No wonder they hurt. They're bright red." He looked at the other scrapes the leader had mentioned and gave a nod. The rest don't look so bad, but those big ones look like they're wanting to get infected. Shinefang reached for a stalky looking herb. Horsetail. He'd only seen it used a couple of time, but knew it was for infection. Though he couldn't quite remember... had the old medicine cat chewed it up? it looked a little too thick for that. Sighing, he put the herb down and picked up a marigold leaf instead and chewed it up. He knew that was right at least. He spat the pulp in his paw and rubbed it one the leader's wounds. "Nope. Skyclan got pretty lucky all things considered. Some scratches and bites of course, but nothing major. Shame about Wheatfur though. He barely get to teach me anything about herbs before the gathering, and he's gone now" Having finished applying the marigold, the medicine cat reached for the dock next, biting one of the thick leaves in half to dab the juices on the leader's wounds. "This ought to sooth the little ones," he said as he worked, "But you'll need to have the marigold reapplied at least twice a day until the redness goes down." Having finished his work, Shinefang stepped back to look at the leader. "During the gathering, some older Dusk Syndicate cat got me good and then ran off saying he was going to attack you. Did you end up seeing him?" He asked, curious if the old tom had made good on his threat. Well, actually his threat had been to kill Grousestar, so obviously not.

Old November 13th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
(I'm gonna have Shinefang pull a Yellowfang here).

"Eight lives," Shinefang corrected the leader. "A medicine cat always knows," the old tom added with a mischievous smirk. "Not to worry, I won't say a word. Leaders often like to keep that number to themselves. It's only natural. But you should really trust your medicine cat more." Shinefang clicked his tongue as he parted Grousestar's fur on his chest and flank, taking a good look at them. "No wonder they hurt. They're bright red." He looked at the other scrapes the leader had mentioned and gave a nod. The rest don't look so bad, but those big ones look like they're wanting to get infected. Shinefang reached for a stalky looking herb. Horsetail. He'd only seen it used a couple of time, but knew it was for infection. Though he couldn't quite remember... had the old medicine cat chewed it up? it looked a little too thick for that. Sighing, he put the herb down and picked up a marigold leaf instead and chewed it up. He knew that was right at least. He spat the pulp in his paw and rubbed it one the leader's wounds. "Nope. Skyclan got pretty lucky all things considered. Some scratches and bites of course, but nothing major. Shame about Wheatfur though. He barely get to teach me anything about herbs before the gathering, and he's gone now" Having finished applying the marigold, the medicine cat reached for the dock next, biting one of the thick leaves in half to dab the juices on the leader's wounds. "This ought to sooth the little ones," he said as he worked, "But you'll need to have the marigold reapplied at least twice a day until the redness goes down." Having finished his work, Shinefang stepped back to look at the leader. "During the gathering, some older Dusk Syndicate cat got me good and then ran off saying he was going to attack you. Did you end up seeing him?" He asked, curious if the old tom had made good on his threat. Well, actually his threat had been to kill Grousestar, so obviously not.
"Wh-" To say in the least, the leader was caught off guard by Shinefang's correction, the tip of his tail quivering a bit in uneasiness. Does everyone know? And then the medicine cat went on to mention that the medicine cat always knows, causing him to relax a bit and place a rather sheepish smile on his muzzle. "Right, I... Apologize, just a habit to try and keep that information concealed. I don't want cats to worry, even though it's just one life lost they might grow fearful."
Grousestar fell quiet as Shinefang went about examining the wounds he had mentioned, unable to stop himself from flinching when he went to part the fur from the wounds, just barely able to conceal a small grimace of pain. To say in the least, they had made his morning walk a little less enjoyable. "I'm assuming that's a bad thing, huh?" A slight frown touched his muzzle as he glanced to look down at the one on his chest. An angry red wound was never a good wound and even the leader knew that. But he had faith that Shinefang knew what he was doing, even if he hadn't gotten much direct training from another medicine cat. Sitting still as the marigold was applied, he did pretty good in not flinching away this time since he mostly expected it; the leader focusing his gaze elsewhere to try and take his mind off of it. "Good to hear there weren't any terrible injuries on our side, but what about Wheatfur? He's...?" Turning his emerald gaze back to the medicine cat, a look of sadness crossed his face. "That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear of his passing." He hadn't really gotten to know the medicine cat, or any of the others to be perfectly honest, but he remembered seeing him at the gatherings with the others and Grousestar was never really happy to hear of a cats death. Unless of course, it was a cat that caused harm to any of his clan, but that's a different story.
"Understood." Purred out the leader with a nod when he was instructed that the marigold would need to be reapplied at least twice a day until the redness of his two wounds went down. He was nearly ready to settle back down in his nest when Shinefang's question caused him to pause and tilt his head. "Hm? Older Syndicate cat?" Glancing away, he had to think about it. There had been several cats he had fought before he slowly nodded and looked back at the medicine cat. "I believe there was an older tom that came up trying to fight.. Though he didn't really put up much of a fight. Much too old, too tired and too frail to be on the battle field if you ask me, but then again perhaps he was tuckered out from fighting others beforehand."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
"Wh-" To say in the least, the leader was caught off guard by Shinefang's correction, the tip of his tail quivering a bit in uneasiness. Does everyone know? And then the medicine cat went on to mention that the medicine cat always knows, causing him to relax a bit and place a rather sheepish smile on his muzzle. "Right, I... Apologize, just a habit to try and keep that information concealed. I don't want cats to worry, even though it's just one life lost they might grow fearful."
Grousestar fell quiet as Shinefang went about examining the wounds he had mentioned, unable to stop himself from flinching when he went to part the fur from the wounds, just barely able to conceal a small grimace of pain. To say in the least, they had made his morning walk a little less enjoyable. "I'm assuming that's a bad thing, huh?" A slight frown touched his muzzle as he glanced to look down at the one on his chest. An angry red wound was never a good wound and even the leader knew that. But he had faith that Shinefang knew what he was doing, even if he hadn't gotten much direct training from another medicine cat. Sitting still as the marigold was applied, he did pretty good in not flinching away this time since he mostly expected it; the leader focusing his gaze elsewhere to try and take his mind off of it. "Good to hear there weren't any terrible injuries on our side, but what about Wheatfur? He's...?" Turning his emerald gaze back to the medicine cat, a look of sadness crossed his face. "That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear of his passing." He hadn't really gotten to know the medicine cat, or any of the others to be perfectly honest, but he remembered seeing him at the gatherings with the others and Grousestar was never really happy to hear of a cats death. Unless of course, it was a cat that caused harm to any of his clan, but that's a different story.
"Understood." Purred out the leader with a nod when he was instructed that the marigold would need to be reapplied at least twice a day until the redness of his two wounds went down. He was nearly ready to settle back down in his nest when Shinefang's question caused him to pause and tilt his head. "Hm? Older Syndicate cat?" Glancing away, he had to think about it. There had been several cats he had fought before he slowly nodded and looked back at the medicine cat. "I believe there was an older tom that came up trying to fight.. Though he didn't really put up much of a fight. Much too old, too tired and too frail to be on the battle field if you ask me, but then again perhaps he was tuckered out from fighting others beforehand."
"Yeah, maybe," Shinefang said evenly. It had been a sad moment for him to fight a cat to old to do more than rant and ramble and land an occasional lucky blow. It had been like looking at himself not to far in the future from now. He sighed. There was time to fret about his age later. "The new moon will be happening here soon. Figure I'll go let some medicine cat do whatever ceremony they've got to do for me to be legitimate. I had hoped that Wheatfur could do it, but plans change I suppose. That Shadowclan medicine cat ought to be close to getting their full name. Suppose I could ask them." The old tom was thinking out loud now, and kind of enjoying having a talk with a cat who wasn't ill. Little beaten and bloodied, but not ill. He enjoyed chatting with Grousetar anyway.

"I'll be sure to let you know if they give me any hints about this nonsense between Thunderclan and Windclan. Have you given any more thought to that mess?" It was something that had been on Shinefang's mind off and on since the gathering, and he wondered where his leader stood on the matter.