Today 06:16 AM

Old April 13th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Lunacy View Post

"Heathens?"
The silver Ocicat' ears flicked back and he glared at the leader, hatred evident in his olive eyes. The tom had, in that one instant, entirely forgotten remaining cold and unyielding, and spat hotly, "We are not heathens and murderers any more that you are. You killed leaders with your own paws, and one of your cats was willing to kill my brother. Or have you never even thought of that? No. And here's why; everyone outside your little bubble isn't worth half a thought because they worship and fight for someone else. It's all your Clan, not us, not anyone else, because of the way we live and the way we think!" Pauing for a breath, his eyes narrowed to slits as Grousestar demanded answers from him, though inwardly he flinched at the leader's scathing insults.
"You think that I will betray the Syndicate? I'm not going the way of my brother any time soon. You'll have to kill me first. Oh, wait, no, because your ickle faiwy pwincess eyes cannot stand the sight of blood, hmm?"
Hatred was not something that Grousestar afraid of. What he was afraid of was losing his clan. The very cats he cared for. He feared losing them, he feared Skyclan crumbling. That's what he feared. But Pardus's hatred? It was no more than a passing breeze, insignificant and meaningless.
"I am not a murderer!" Spat the leader, hackles raised and eyes blazing.
"I killed for the betterment of those cats. Those self proclaimed 'leaders' were no more than dictators, rulers that killed those who did not follow their rule!"
All of the anger over the years, all of the built of frustration was bubbling up now. One might even consider him dangerous at this point, but Grousestar had this under control. He was allowing himself to get this angry, allowing the hateful words to spew from his mouth. This needed to be done. Because kind words wouldn't get answers from a kind cat like this. The trick was to intimidate them and force the answers from his mouth. Leave a mark to let cats know he was not just some 'nice cat', he was a leader, and a leader that deserved respect.
"You think I have a problem with seeing blood hm?" The leaders pupils narrowed and he raised a paw before lashing out, aiming to land a slash across the Syndicate tom's cheek. "I would never have a problem killing a cat like you, much less have a problem seeing your blood run."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 29th, 2017, 10:05 AM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Hatred was not something that Grousestar afraid of. What he was afraid of was losing his clan. The very cats he cared for. He feared losing them, he feared Skyclan crumbling. That's what he feared. But Pardus's hatred? It was no more than a passing breeze, insignificant and meaningless.
"I am not a murderer!" Spat the leader, hackles raised and eyes blazing.
"I killed for the betterment of those cats. Those self proclaimed 'leaders' were no more than dictators, rulers that killed those who did not follow their rule!"
All of the anger over the years, all of the built of frustration was bubbling up now. One might even consider him dangerous at this point, but Grousestar had this under control. He was allowing himself to get this angry, allowing the hateful words to spew from his mouth. This needed to be done. Because kind words wouldn't get answers from a kind cat like this. The trick was to intimidate them and force the answers from his mouth. Leave a mark to let cats know he was not just some 'nice cat', he was a leader, and a leader that deserved respect.
"You think I have a problem with seeing blood hm?" The leaders pupils narrowed and he raised a paw before lashing out, aiming to land a slash across the Syndicate tom's cheek. "I would never have a problem killing a cat like you, much less have a problem seeing your blood run."
(Its too late to reply now isnt it *doop*)
got wrecked by starless nights
but let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes
and my ship by stormy weather
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever
Old May 4th, 2017, 02:22 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

@Duskflight
[aaaa sorry for its lateness]

The elder slipped through the den opening and poked her head into the den, her silver hues sparkled with excitement "Grousestar, is it true? Are we going to battle against the Dusk Syndicate?" she asked, not waiting for the leader to welcome her in. Her tail brushed the ground as she sat herself down and looked at the leader, her gaze unwavering, she had a plan, and she did not plan on taking no for an answer. "Hey, I know I'm an elder now, but I am going to e apart of this battle." she stated as she looked at the leader through half idled eyes.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:08 AM

My Mood: Annoyed

@Duskflight
[ sorry it took me so long to finally post X - X ]
Neverfalter padded nervously into Grousestar's den. He was shaking like a leaf caught in a storm.This three legs barely stable enough to keep him on his paws. His pelt lied flat against his small form as he almost dragged himself across the ground acting as if something would come out and attack him at any moment. He was scared... no beyond scared, he was downright terrified. He loved his clan with all his heart and wanted them to love him as well, but he just couldn't take it anymore! He was never good enough and never would be. He could never and would never be able to fight like a true warrior, to unsheath his claws and bare his teeth in order to protect his clan. He was smaller, clumsier, slower, weaker than everyone else, and most would say he had about as much courage as a baby mouse. He wished, oh how he prayed to Starclan that he would be able to find the warrior within him during the Battle of Retribution, and it was there right in front of him! But... he just couldn't reach it.
Now, with his mind and heart heavy with despair, the three-legged tom crouched down into a ball on the floor of the den with his tail tucked, ears flat in fear and sadness, and his head hidden beneath his large paws as tears streamed down his face and waited to speak with his leader.

Charrie Site
"give me chocolate chip cookie dough and im perfect!"
Old June 5th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChameweonRainbow View Post
@Duskflight
[ sorry it took me so long to finally post X - X ]
Neverfalter padded nervously into Grousestar's den. He was shaking like a leaf caught in a storm.This three legs barely stable enough to keep him on his paws. His pelt lied flat against his small form as he almost dragged himself across the ground acting as if something would come out and attack him at any moment. He was scared... no beyond scared, he was downright terrified. He loved his clan with all his heart and wanted them to love him as well, but he just couldn't take it anymore! He was never good enough and never would be. He could never and would never be able to fight like a true warrior, to unsheath his claws and bare his teeth in order to protect his clan. He was smaller, clumsier, slower, weaker than everyone else, and most would say he had about as much courage as a baby mouse. He wished, oh how he prayed to Starclan that he would be able to find the warrior within him during the Battle of Retribution, and it was there right in front of him! But... he just couldn't reach it.
Now, with his mind and heart heavy with despair, the three-legged tom crouched down into a ball on the floor of the den with his tail tucked, ears flat in fear and sadness, and his head hidden beneath his large paws as tears streamed down his face and waited to speak with his leader.
{No, no, you're fine!!}

Grousestar had been spending more and more time in his den, simply pondering things, perhaps alliances with the clans. While he was sure that he was on relatively good ground with all of them, he wanted to form an alliance. To have a clan that he knew he could rely on if ever they needed to rely on them. But with making an alliance, you can also make an enemy and at the moment? Grousestar did not particularly like the idea of making an enemy. His clan had seen enough battle in the past moons and he'd truly like to avoid that for a good long while longer. And he was also partially worried about the Syndicate, yes he knew that Skyclan had won, but had they destroyed them? Was that the last they would ever hear of the Syndicate? Likely not, as much as he hoped that the horrendous group had disbanded, fallen to shambles after the death of their co-commander, he had something inside of him nagging to say that they were still there and were scheming to get revenge. That's just the bunch of cats they seemed to be. Regardless of his current thoughts, his eyes cleared as he heard the sound of approaching pawsteps, but not the usual sound.
Flicking an ear, his head would raise and he would truly focus on who was entering his den. It took a moment for him to recognize who it is before he promptly wore a bright, cheery smile, sitting up in his nest.
"Ah, Neverfalter! A surprise that I would find you in my den. For what do I owe this delightful visit?"
Questioned the leader with a purr to his voice, maintaining that happy and friendly demeanor while internally reading that the other cat looked quite miserable and upset. Whatever he was coming in here for, it had to be bad news. And that's the last thing that the brown tabby wanted at the moment, more bad news.
Still, he remained as he had begun and continued to hold the smile as he awaited an answer from the warrior.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old June 5th, 2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
{No, no, you're fine!!}

Grousestar had been spending more and more time in his den, simply pondering things, perhaps alliances with the clans. While he was sure that he was on relatively good ground with all of them, he wanted to form an alliance. To have a clan that he knew he could rely on if ever they needed to rely on them. But with making an alliance, you can also make an enemy and at the moment? Grousestar did not particularly like the idea of making an enemy. His clan had seen enough battle in the past moons and he'd truly like to avoid that for a good long while longer. And he was also partially worried about the Syndicate, yes he knew that Skyclan had won, but had they destroyed them? Was that the last they would ever hear of the Syndicate? Likely not, as much as he hoped that the horrendous group had disbanded, fallen to shambles after the death of their co-commander, he had something inside of him nagging to say that they were still there and were scheming to get revenge. That's just the bunch of cats they seemed to be. Regardless of his current thoughts, his eyes cleared as he heard the sound of approaching pawsteps, but not the usual sound.
Flicking an ear, his head would raise and he would truly focus on who was entering his den. It took a moment for him to recognize who it is before he promptly wore a bright, cheery smile, sitting up in his nest.
"Ah, Neverfalter! A surprise that I would find you in my den. For what do I owe this delightful visit?"
Questioned the leader with a purr to his voice, maintaining that happy and friendly demeanor while internally reading that the other cat looked quite miserable and upset. Whatever he was coming in here for, it had to be bad news. And that's the last thing that the brown tabby wanted at the moment, more bad news.
Still, he remained as he had begun and continued to hold the smile as he awaited an answer from the warrior.
The quivering tom pulled his head from beneath his paws. though he dared not move more than that. He still sat huddled and trembling, his eyes and face damp with tears. The young warrior looked so small and vulnerable as if a mere breeze would shatter him like ice. "Um, I, I wanted to ... uh.. to ah." Neverfalter could not seem to speak. His voice a hoarse whisper and unable to find the words. He gulped and tried again. "I came to say.. that... that I'm thinking of leaving." His ears lay flat in shame and he groveled as if trying to disappear into the ground. "I... I just can't take it anymore.. being so useless. I swore an oath to protect my clan as a warrior and I've failed at every turn!" Tears now openly streamed down his face and he was hyperventilating now. He looked straight into Grousestar's eyes, his own eyes seemingly oceans of anguish and fear, before shutting them tight. He curled tighter and held his breath...

Charrie Site
Old June 5th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
The quivering tom pulled his head from beneath his paws. though he dared not move more than that. He still sat huddled and trembling, his eyes and face damp with tears. The young warrior looked so small and vulnerable as if a mere breeze would shatter him like ice. "Um, I, I wanted to ... uh.. to ah." Neverfalter could not seem to speak. His voice a hoarse whisper and unable to find the words. He gulped and tried again. "I came to say.. that... that I'm thinking of leaving." His ears lay flat in shame and he groveled as if trying to disappear into the ground. "I... I just can't take it anymore.. being so useless. I swore an oath to protect my clan as a warrior and I've failed at every turn!" Tears now openly streamed down his face and he was hyperventilating now. He looked straight into Grousestar's eyes, his own eyes seemingly oceans of anguish and fear, before shutting them tight. He curled tighter and held his breath...
If any cat knew Grousestar, they would know that he would never belittle or assault one of his clanmates, he has never been one of those kinds of cats and has been nothing but nice to everyone in the clan. He made it his pride to be polite and loving to absolutely everyone in Skyclan, after all, these were the cats he vowed to protect with all of his nine lives. But even before he received his lives, even before he was chosen as deputy, he had been this way because he held nothing but love for Skyclan.
He waited patiently for the quivering, teary-eyed warrior to speak, keeping his gentle gaze fixed on Neverfalter and not daring to prod him into continuing, allowing him to speak whenever he was ready. When the tom was finally able to get out what he wanted to tell Grousestar, the leader nodded his head slowly, his eyes glancing away. This was indeed bad news. Not because he was losing a warrior, not because he'd be down one cat to defend the clan should anything ever happen, but because he'd be down a clanmate. He'd be losing a friend, a companion, even if him and Neverfalter had hardly talked, had hardly met. A sparkle of sadness entered the emerald depths of his eyes as he looked back at the three-legged tom as he spoke his reasoning.
"I don't believe that is true Neverfalter. You are a very useful member of this clan and I very much enjoy your company. You can still hunt and keep an eye out or ear out for danger. Just because you're not the best at battling does not mean you are useless to Skyclan. You can still very much protect Skyclan, even if you can't fight." The leader spoke gently, softly even and paused after a moment before adding on, "However... If it is your wish to leave, then that is your choice. Just know that this is a final choice and that if you wish to return.."
Grousestar frowned. He hated having to say this to a clanmate, but, he can't have cats living in two worlds. Or to have a clanmate become a traitor, or have the possibility of becoming a traitor.
"Should you wish to return, I would be unable to accept you back into the clan. It is for the safety of the clan and the sanctity of clan life... So please,
take time in deciding what you wish and when you come to a conclusion, or..
Have already decided your answer, speak to me. If it is the last time I will be seeing you, I wish to be the one to walk you out of the territory.
"

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old June 8th, 2017, 03:51 AM

Quote:
If any cat knew Grousestar, they would know that he would never belittle or assault one of his clanmates, he has never been one of those kinds of cats and has been nothing but nice to everyone in the clan. He made it his pride to be polite and loving to absolutely everyone in Skyclan, after all, these were the cats he vowed to protect with all of his nine lives. But even before he received his lives, even before he was chosen as deputy, he had been this way because he held nothing but love for Skyclan.
He waited patiently for the quivering, teary-eyed warrior to speak, keeping his gentle gaze fixed on Neverfalter and not daring to prod him into continuing, allowing him to speak whenever he was ready. When the tom was finally able to get out what he wanted to tell Grousestar, the leader nodded his head slowly, his eyes glancing away. This was indeed bad news. Not because he was losing a warrior, not because he'd be down one cat to defend the clan should anything ever happen, but because he'd be down a clanmate. He'd be losing a friend, a companion, even if him and Neverfalter had hardly talked, had hardly met. A sparkle of sadness entered the emerald depths of his eyes as he looked back at the three-legged tom as he spoke his reasoning.
"I don't believe that is true Neverfalter. You are a very useful member of this clan and I very much enjoy your company. You can still hunt and keep an eye out or ear out for danger. Just because you're not the best at battling does not mean you are useless to Skyclan. You can still very much protect Skyclan, even if you can't fight." The leader spoke gently, softly even and paused after a moment before adding on, "However... If it is your wish to leave, then that is your choice. Just know that this is a final choice and that if you wish to return.."
Grousestar frowned. He hated having to say this to a clanmate, but, he can't have cats living in two worlds. Or to have a clanmate become a traitor, or have the possibility of becoming a traitor.
"Should you wish to return, I would be unable to accept you back into the clan. It is for the safety of the clan and the sanctity of clan life... So please,
take time in deciding what you wish and when you come to a conclusion, or..
Have already decided your answer, speak to me. If it is the last time I will be seeing you, I wish to be the one to walk you out of the territory.
"
Neverfalter blinked his eyes open. He was surprised that Grousestar would let him leave, and even more surprised that he thought of him as useful. For a second, doubt racked his mind. Maybe he didn't have to leave... Maybe he could still be useful to the clan... NO! he could not become a burden to his clan. There would always be fighting, that is how clan life is. Blood and war would never leave this forest. Battle was forever in this land and he could not stand it.

His heart felt torn between being sad at leaving the only home he had ever and feeling finally free from all the fighting.

So, his sat up, steeled his nerves and took a shaky breath. "I... I've decided that I wish to leave." He looked down and shuffled his big paws nervously. "I just can't live like this. The fighting, being a burden... I'm sorry, but this is my decision." He sighed. "Do you think I could say goodbye at the next clan meeting? I appreciate your offer of taking me to the border, I would like that very much."

Charrie Site
Old June 9th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Neverfalter blinked his eyes open. He was surprised that Grousestar would let him leave, and even more surprised that he thought of him as useful. For a second, doubt racked his mind. Maybe he didn't have to leave... Maybe he could still be useful to the clan... NO! he could not become a burden to his clan. There would always be fighting, that is how clan life is. Blood and war would never leave this forest. Battle was forever in this land and he could not stand it.

His heart felt torn between being sad at leaving the only home he had ever and feeling finally free from all the fighting.

So, his sat up, steeled his nerves and took a shaky breath. "I... I've decided that I wish to leave." He looked down and shuffled his big paws nervously. "I just can't live like this. The fighting, being a burden... I'm sorry, but this is my decision." He sighed. "Do you think I could say goodbye at the next clan meeting? I appreciate your offer of taking me to the border, I would like that very much."
Grousestar wasn't going to keep cats captive if they were miserable here in the clan, he wasn't going to hold them here against their will. It would be unlikely they would work to their full potential if he held them here, and it would be unclear if they would be reliable for their clanmates in battle if he kept them here when they didn't want to be. So of course he wouldn't force cats to stay in Skyclan. It was their choice. However if it came to be a problem.. Then perhaps he would change his mind. But for now, if cats didn't feel comfortable with clan life and wished to leave, they could do so. It didn't make him happy to see them leave. But he would let them do so. Quietly the tom would wait for the warrior's response, quietly knowing that this cat had very likely made up their mind, much before coming to see him. If they were unsure, Neverfalter wouldn't be here. The tom had clearly made up his mind, despite the leader's words.

A shame that I must lose another loyal, trustworthy cat. Inwardly he sighed, but he didn't let it show and continued to smile his friendly, gentle smile as he waited.

As Neverfalter sat up, the leader's emerald eyes followed him but the brown tabby did not move, already prepared for what the tom would say next. Flicking his ear slowly, Grousestar would nod, looking at the den floor for a moment before looking back at the other tom, a sad but understanding look on his face.
"I understand Neverfalter, it is your choice indeed and there is nothing I can do to stop you from making this choice. If you wish, you may say your goodbyes at the next clan meeting. And it's truly my pleasure Neverfalter,
it's the least I could do for a good, loyal warrior such as yourself.
"
His head dipped slightly and that smile would soften for a moment before he sighed. "I will allow you a few days to say your goodbyes and then I will announce to the clan that you will be leaving."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Shinefang had made up his mind. Once the dawn patrols went out, and the day began, he marched fearlessly to the leader's den and let himself in, peering around the den with his single, orange eye. "Grousestar," he said by way of greeting, as he entered. Shinefang was not the type of cat to observe courtesy, or ask politely for an audience. For one thing, he was far too old to waste valuable time waiting for anything. For another, he was a senior warrior. He'd defended Skyclan for moons upon moons, made the journey to the new territory, and been as loyal of a cat as any clan could ask. He'd done his warrior duty long past the time when other cats his age had retired and joined the elders. His service had cost him several scars, and one of his eyes. Now, for the first time, the old warrior was asking for something back and didn't see any reason why he shouldn't get what he wanted. "I have something I wanted the talk to you about," he began clearing his throat, and triggering a cough. "This seasonal stuff," he griped. He caught his breathe and sat up, proud and straight, his gaze stern and serious, his scarred face grimacing as usual. "As you know, I've served Skyclan loyally for many moons as a warrior. I've done so proudly and fearlessly and have defended that clan with my life time and time again. And I wouldn't change a thing about that. I'm proud to serve my clan." Shinefang raised his head as he spoke, his voice alive with triumph as memories of his life as a warrior pooled within him, but just as suddenly, the old cat seemed to sag. "But it's been so many moons..." the tom hesitated, reluctant to admit what he had viciously denied before. "It's been so many moons, that It's hard to keep up with this younger cats. Now I think Skyclan needs me to serve in another way. With Ebonyfrost no longer serving as a medicine cat and those foxhearted Dusk Syndicate cats so close by, we are primed to find ourselves in some real trouble." Shinefang took a deep breathe, ready to make his argument. "As you can tell just by looking at me, I've had more than my fair share of trips to the medicine den in my time. Because of that, I've managed to learn a bit about which herb does what. I may not know as much as a kit trained from six moons, but I can keep wounds from getting infected, stop bleeding and I know what herbs to give for minor ailments. And besides, I may be old, but I can still learn a thing or two from other medicine cats. I'm not saying I'm the perfect choice, but I may be the best we have right now." His argument made, Shinefang sat back, waiting for Grousestar to respond to his proposal.