Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
help, i kinda forgot how...
Last post by chickadee
Today 04:27 PM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by leopard.
Today 04:26 PM
Sweet Nightmares... [P]
by Tiabirb
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 04:21 PM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by peachfuzz~
Today 04:18 PM
WindClan Medicine Cat's Den
by Lillith
Last post by SeonghwasBunnyEars
Today 04:14 PM

Old January 4th, 2017, 01:39 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

@Duskflight

Aconiteheart honestly didn't mind waiting on the young leader. The spirit was in no rush to steal his attention and pursue a conversation, partially out of not wanting to come off as rude. In recent times his only friends, if he could even call one of them that, were Almondfall and Ebonypaw, and as much as he'd love to talk their ears off, Almondfall had a family to care for and Ebonypaw's training was his priority. A few unrelated topics didn't hurt, but the faded medicine cat didn't want to risk ruining any chance at a life-long friendship with the tuxedo feline by annoying her. Grousestar finished his meal sooner than expected -- Aconiteheart being used to cats taking their time in private, and the spotted tabby straightened up when he was spoken to.

"Oh, no worries," he responded. "You haven't left me waiting long, and I'm not in a hurry. Take your time. I can leave if you'd like to go back to your thoughts without being distracted. I don't have anything important to bring to your attention as it is." With the threat of the Evil Era in the past, and the clans on the road to recovery, there wasn't much to discuss in the dire sense. The majority of the Dark Forest worshippers had been killed or exiled, and those few that remained in the clans would be reeling from their recent defeat. "Or you could talk to me about your thoughts, if you'd like. I'm all ears."

Last edited by BEAR.; January 4th, 2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Duskflight

Aconiteheart honestly didn't mind waiting on the young leader. The spirit was in no rush to steal his attention and pursue a conversation, partially out of not wanting to come off as rude. In recent times his only friends, if he could even call one of them that, were Almondfall and Ebonypaw, and as much as he'd love to talk their ears off, Almondfall had a family to care for and Ebonypaw's training was his priority. A few unrelated topics didn't hurt, but the faded medicine cat didn't want to risk ruining any chance at a life-long friendship with the tuxedo feline by annoying her. Grousestar finished his meal sooner than expected -- Aconiteheart being used to cats taking their time in private, and the spotted tabby straightened up when he was spoken to.

"Oh, no worries," he responded. "You haven't left me waiting long, and I'm not in a hurry. Take your time. I can leave if you'd like to go back to your thoughts without being distracted. I don't have anything important to bring to your attention as it is." With the threat of the Evil Era in the past, and the clans on the road to recovery, there wasn't much to discuss in the dire sense. The majority of the Dark Forest worshippers had been killed or exiled, and those few that remained in the clans would be reeling from their recent defeat. "Or you could talk to me about your thoughts, if you'd like. I'm all ears."
Just like nearly everything else he did, he ate fast, it was just an unbroken habit of his that he had built up when he was an apprentice, eating as fast as he could so that he could have more practice to train and do his duties, and the same for when he was a warrior. He really saw no problem in the habit and so had never actually made an effort to get rid of it, and no other cat really seemed to notice the fact anyways, not even him at this point. As Aconiteheart sat up, Grousestar merely settled deeper into his nest, making himself as comfortable as possible and quietly wishing the other tom did the same, he appreciated that other cats were formal with him, but he'd much prefer if they were informal, it meant they were comfortable with him, or that's what he thinks anyways, he thinks it would make cats more at ease, more likely to talk to him if something was going on that he might need to know about. Nonetheless, the tabby tom was completely at ease with the Starclan cat, just as he was with every cat in the clan.

"Oh no, no, please stay, I would greatly enjoy your company, my thoughts aren't going anywhere and besides, they're nothing too important at the moment anyways, just me pondering is all." Mewed the tom, his smile brightening and his forepaws crossing in front of him, his claws flexing a moment before fully relaxing.
"My thoughts really aren't that interesting, but I suppose if you're all ears then I may as well be all mouth." Pausing to chuckle, Grousestar would continue. "Really, the main thing plaguing my mind is if.. I made the right choice in all of this. If it was right for me to come in and drive those cats out, if I did more damage than good. I know they'll recover, I have a good feeling about that, but my question is, what if I left a bad taste in their mouth regarding Skyclan? With us just walking in, wiping out their leadership and leaving. And if it was right to move Skyclan here, yes it's closer to the clans, but we've lived in solidarity for.. Well. For many generations! Was it truly the right decision to change that? I believe it was, but I still can't help but wonder if my opinion is wrong in the case.."
The tom paused before chuckling out.
"Please make yourself comfortable by the way, and tell me if I talk too much, I don't want to talk your ears off because I know all too well I can get a bit talkative."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 11th, 2017, 11:52 AM
work is never done

@Duskflight

"The right choices are always the hardest," Aconiteheart murmured. "The clans won't harbor a significant amount of resentment for SkyClan. There are supporters of that era who will hate this clan; to them, they feel their rights were violated and that they were once again wronged by StarClan, but that is inevitable. For the rest, for the time being they'll be grateful for your assistance. Alone, they would not have the courage to face those that oppressed them. The other clans are also under our guidance, and their leaderships will be restored soon enough. Fortunately for the majority of the clans, their leaders were merely driven out or captured, and returning them to their positions won't be a problem. There is a clan left with nothing, as the former leader was killed and her appointed deputy brought forth the reign of darkness, but they're in good paws.."

Thoughtfully, Aconiteheart shifted where he sat, relaxing into a more comfortable stance. "Well, technically speaking SkyClan itself never had a neighbor. SkyClan stem from two conjoined clans that spent countless generations locked in a bloody conflict that ended in flames and grief when the surviving offspring of both clan leaders perished in StarClan's holy wrath. Admittedly, the relocation is a bit odd to me -- keeping in mind I have walked SkyClan's forests since the beginning, but I wouldn't call it a mistake. You'll just need to be wary of your immediate surroundings. This land is unfamiliar and you now border a hostile faction. I can't foresee them not causing issues."

Last edited by BEAR.; January 11th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old January 12th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
@Duskflight

"The right choices are always the hardest," Aconiteheart murmured. "The clans won't harbor a significant amount of resentment for SkyClan. There are supporters of that era who will hate this clan; to them, they feel their rights were violated and that they were once again wronged by StarClan, but that is inevitable. For the rest, for the time being they'll be grateful for your assistance. Alone, they would not have the courage to face those that oppressed them. The other clans are also under our guidance, and their leaderships will be restored soon enough. Fortunately for the majority of the clans, their leaders were merely driven out or captured, and returning them to their positions won't be a problem. There is a clan left with nothing, as the former leader was killed and her appointed deputy brought forth the reign of darkness, but they're in good paws.."

Thoughtfully, Aconiteheart shifted where he sat, relaxing into a more comfortable stance. "Well, technically speaking SkyClan itself never had a neighbor. SkyClan stem from two conjoined clans that spent countless generations locked in a bloody conflict that ended in flames and grief when the surviving offspring of both clan leaders perished in StarClan's holy wrath. Admittedly, the relocation is a bit odd to me -- keeping in mind I have walked SkyClan's forests since the beginning, but I wouldn't call it a mistake. You'll just need to be wary of your immediate surroundings. This land is unfamiliar and you now border a hostile faction. I can't foresee them not causing issues."
As the ethereal cat began to speak, Grousestar made quite work of clicking his jaws shut in order to listen to the much wiser cat, his ears perked and angled towards Aconiteheart. For some reason, despite the tom already knowing a majority of the information, to hear another cat say it, a cat from Starclan say it, it helped to calm his nerves a bit. In a way, it was proving that he was right in his way of thinking and he wasn't misguided. Breathing out a gentle exhale, the leader nodded a bit, his emerald gaze focusing on his paws for a moment before looking back at the Skyclan ancestor, his smile widening slightly to hear that the clans were in good paws. That's what he wanted to hear, he wanted to know that these clans could continue on, grow back to their former glory that they surely had. Because, yes, while seeing his clan prosper and recover from its somewhat rocky past, he also enjoyed seeming other clans do well as well, now that he knew they existed. He was a fair tom that wanted nothing more than the best for everyone, though obviously he would put his clan first, he did care for others.

As the starry cat continued, intrigue wriggled it's way onto the brown tabby's face as he was told about the history of his clan, it had been so long since he had been told about this, it's not like anyone aside from the elders actively tried to teach clan members about this past.
A small chuckle escaped him as he heard the other tom admit it was strange to be walking on new land since Skyclan had lived in the past lands for many generations, silently agreeing with him, though Grouse was quickly growing accustomed to it.
Though his smile faltered as Aconiteheart mentioned the group that Grousestar was just now realizing that they bordered, the smile dropping and a solemn look replacing it.
"Yes, I've begun to notice this 'faction' as you call it, I smell them at the borders and I believe.. I've caught the... remains of one or two of my warriors in the territory with strange scents about them. I have reason to believe that it is these cats that are doing this. The second I find them, I'm confronting them." A stark look of anger was on the toms face as he spoke about this. "I will show them very quickly what it means to mess with me and my clan and I'm sure they will not like it." Slowly he let the look fade, turning his head a way to look at the entrance of his den for a moment before looking back at his companion, blinking away the anger that had filled him at the thought.
"Do you know if this group has a name?"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 16th, 2017, 07:43 PM
work is never done

@Duskflight

Having lived during the time of the DuskClan and DawnClan conflict, there was always an old need to remind the living of their history. Even after countless years, Aconiteheart was still haunted by the death of several of his clan-mates and nephew, the feeling of helplessness that came with watching cats struggle to escape the sudden torrent of flames. He had been their medicine cat, and despite his attempt at warning when his den ignited, the casualties had been significant.

"Sounds like them," he confirmed Grousestar's suspicions. "While it may be possible the killers are rogues, the gang in question is a group of liars, thieves, and murderers. Some of their members are exiles from the other clans, and overall they're just .. not good news. They go by the Dusk Syndicate. They've resided in that forest since ah, just after the other clans relocated here from the mountains. From my understanding, they haven't been faring terribly well since the loss of their second commander, and I don't believe they're near the strength they used to be. However, you must keep in mind these cats are bloodthirsty -- they don't have any sense of honor or well-being. If a confrontation were to take place, they would likely relish the battle."

Last edited by BEAR.; January 16th, 2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
@Duskflight

Having lived during the time of the DuskClan and DawnClan conflict, there was always an old need to remind the living of their history. Even after countless years, Aconiteheart was still haunted by the death of several of his clan-mates and nephew, the feeling of helplessness that came with watching cats struggle to escape the sudden torrent of flames. He had been their medicine cat, and despite his attempt at warning when his den ignited, the casualties had been significant.

"Sounds like them," he confirmed Grousestar's suspicions. "While it may be possible the killers are rogues, the gang in question is a group of liars, thieves, and murderers. Some of their members are exiles from the other clans, and overall they're just .. not good news. They go by the Dusk Syndicate. They've resided in that forest since ah, just after the other clans relocated here from the mountains. From my understanding, they haven't been faring terribly well since the loss of their second commander, and I don't believe they're near the strength they used to be. However, you must keep in mind these cats are bloodthirsty -- they don't have any sense of honor or well-being. If a confrontation were to take place, they would likely relish the battle."
You would think that the clan would enjoy spreading the knowledge of their past, teaching kits about it at a young age and yet, there were very few, if any, living Skyclan members that could tell you the tale of the great clan's history. Perhaps it was dark and cats simply wished not to be reminded of it, nonetheless, the leader was very grateful for the reminder of their history. He believed it was a good thing to know as leader of the clan. Perhaps he would take the torch of the story and pass it along to the rest of his clan, not out right of course, but through simple day-to-day conversation, or perhaps he would simply forget again with so many other things plaguing his mind as of now. Nonetheless, Aconiteheart would forever serve as a reminder of that time.

So it is that group.. With confirmation that it sounded like whomever this faction was, that left the remains of his warriors on his own turf, he suddenly grew sure that he would need to confront these cats. As soon as he could find them.
Grousestar listened to the medicine cat from the past, very carefully, wanting to know any information about this faction that they bordered, quietly wishing he had known this before he settled his clan next to their borders. Bloodthirsty, honorless cats.. Oh dear, what have I done.. No matter, I'll still keep this clan safe and strong, I'll just have to warn my warriors to keep an extra strict lookout on that side of our borders.
Sighing out slowly, he nodded his head as Aconiteheart finished.
"Well that sounds just pleasant. I'll keep a close eye on them then, though I will not accuse them of the acts until I'm completely certain. I'd hate to put the blame on innocent cats, even if they aren't so innocent, and cause an unneeded enemy. That's the last thing Skyclan needs at the moment."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:27 PM
work is never done

@Duskflight
[have a smol post]

"Whether or not you confront them, they'll still be your enemy," Aconiteheart pointed out. "These cats are about as anti-clan as it gets, and they'll see SkyClan taking over this forest as a threat that needs to be annihilated. The only thing you can do to prevent further damage is to deal with the Syndicate before they strike again." The spotted tabby once more shifted in place, his expression twisting into something of discomfort. "I can't see this ending in peace. The last few moons for them have been rough, with a lack of leadership, but they're under new command and with the right direction they could launch their own assault on our clan.." he trailed off, uncertain of where he was going. "Regardless, it's your choice in the end. It would be a good idea to wait to see their next move - if they pursue the injury of our clan mates. They've stopped in the past, at least."

Last edited by BEAR.; January 30th, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
@Duskflight
[have a smol post]

"Whether or not you confront them, they'll still be your enemy," Aconiteheart pointed out. "These cats are about as anti-clan as it gets, and they'll see SkyClan taking over this forest as a threat that needs to be annihilated. The only thing you can do to prevent further damage is to deal with the Syndicate before they strike again." The spotted tabby once more shifted in place, his expression twisting into something of discomfort. "I can't see this ending in peace. The last few moons for them have been rough, with a lack of leadership, but they're under new command and with the right direction they could launch their own assault on our clan.." he trailed off, uncertain of where he was going. "Regardless, it's your choice in the end. It would be a good idea to wait to see their next move - if they pursue the injury of our clan mates. They've stopped in the past, at least."
A quiet exhale of air escaped the tabby's nostrils as he glanced away from the Starclan cat, his ears folding back and the slightest beginnings of a grimace touching his lips as the other tom stated that regardless of his actions, the cats in question would remain an enemy, something that Grousestar didn't particularly want. He was a friendly, charismatic cat that generally wished no harm on others, though the longer he goes through his leadership, the more he realizes how protective of his clan he is. The safety of his clan came first in anything and should any cat dare threaten that, well.. They would see a side of Grousestar that no cat would ever want to see. Under that cheery demeanor, the kindness and everything else was a ferocious and rather dangerous warrior filled with eight lives that would fight any creature should they threaten his clan, from a fox up to a twoleg, it did not matter when the safety of his clan was in question. It wasn't reckless, no, it was a strong love for his clan, the responsibility of caring for all of these cats, his deep kinship with every cat in this clan and his desire to keep them all safe and well cared for, that's what made him fearless when fighting for his clan.
Grousestar remained silent until Aconiteheart had finished, and even several moments after, licking his lips as he understood what the late medicine cat was implying with his words.
I don't think the warriors are ready just yet to go back into battle. They need time to get settled into the new territory, get readjusted, heal.. I can't just bring them into another battle, I can't do that to them. Besides.. Waiting... That can give me more time to see what the Syndicate will do. If they really are hostile towards us or if they'll just keep to themselves like I hope they do.
Looking back at Aconiteheart, Grousestar would offer a small, kind smile.
"I appreciate the information Aconiteheart, I'll bring it under consideration with my deputy, however I've never been the kind of cat to make rash decisions and I believe it's best to let some time pass before thinking about attacking them. I don't particularly like kicking cats when they're down anyways, perhaps under their new leadership, they'll be lead on a different path and perhaps become more civilized? It's all up in the air and it's best to just keep a watchful eye for now before making a decision I might deeply regret later." The words were spoken careful and afterwards he seemed to pause before slowly nodding, as if repeating the words to himself to see if that's how he wanted to say it, before once more offering as smile.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old March 7th, 2017, 02:08 PM
work is never done

@Duskflight

Aconiteheart didn't believe for a moment the Dusk Syndicate would back down. They had gone too long without bloodshed; the Place of No Stars' reign over the clans being the closest they had to action. Under Neomora and Renn's leaderships, perhaps things would be different with the ban on interacting with the clans in place, but the new leader of the Syndicate didn't seem to have restraints on their underlings. "If that's what you wish to do," he resigned, not believing it to be the best course of action, but knowing it wasn't his place to say more. The spirit had advised the leader - his choices were his own, regardless of what consequences may arise.

Never one to stay still for long, the spotted tabby was shuffling in his spot, uncertain of where to go from here. It would be easy to excuse himself and return to Ebonypaw, but it seemed too soon and he didn't want to leave on such a solemn note. "If I may," he began, "how does it feel being leader? You were a deputy for a short time, if I recall correctly. Lemonstar left quite a burden on your shoulders."

Last edited by BEAR.; March 7th, 2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old March 13th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
@Duskflight

Aconiteheart didn't believe for a moment the Dusk Syndicate would back down. They had gone too long without bloodshed; the Place of No Stars' reign over the clans being the closest they had to action. Under Neomora and Renn's leaderships, perhaps things would be different with the ban on interacting with the clans in place, but the new leader of the Syndicate didn't seem to have restraints on their underlings. "If that's what you wish to do," he resigned, not believing it to be the best course of action, but knowing it wasn't his place to say more. The spirit had advised the leader - his choices were his own, regardless of what consequences may arise.

Never one to stay still for long, the spotted tabby was shuffling in his spot, uncertain of where to go from here. It would be easy to excuse himself and return to Ebonypaw, but it seemed too soon and he didn't want to leave on such a solemn note. "If I may," he began, "how does it feel being leader? You were a deputy for a short time, if I recall correctly. Lemonstar left quite a burden on your shoulders."
As the conversation fell quiet, the brown tabby found himself trying to evaluate the Starclan cat's demeanor, he had a feeling that Aconiteheart didn't believe what he said was the best course of action, that the other cat would likely be against this sort of 'wait and see' attitude, but the Skyclan leader was optimistic that this Syndicate could possibly pull through with their new leadership, turn into good cats and be placed on the right road. He desperately wanted that to happen, he was sure there were a few good cats in that dark place, perhaps one of them was able to take command.
Hearing Aconiteheart's response, he confirmed that the late medicine cat truly did not believe he was doing the right thing in his actions, but Grousestar truly saw no need prodding the broken Syndicate like a fox with a dying rabbit. It was wrong and it didn't fit his moral code. While he was particularly upset about the two felines that came from the Syndicate killing his warriors, he was hoping that those were just two extreme cats of the dark faction, that they weren't all like that. It was a naive thought, but he hoped it would be true. They.. Couldn't all be murderers right? He truly hoped not. Nonetheless, he nodded a bit, glancing away for a moment before looking back as he heard the other shuffle in his place, surely growing restless. It wasn't like Grousestar to lead such a boring conversation, more often than not he would be able to entertain another for hours on end by simply talking. But there was just too many things going on in his head currently to attempt to keep Aconiteheart's attention for too long.

When he heard the others voice, he would focus his attention again and dawn a new smile, listening to the question before breathing out, wiping a paw across his nose as if he had an itch.
"Yes it was quite the burden indeed, I would have to say it caught me a bit off guard, his disappearance. But being leader.. It's.. Something new entirely. Deputy was easy, I didn't really have the responsibility of an entire clan on my shoulders, but being leader.. There's much more that goes into it than cat's think. It's not simply being a figure-head, it's not simply being the voice of Skyclan. It's being the protector of an entire clan, the sole cat that must make sure that all are being fed and taken care of, that all are safe, and you must make decisions based on the behalf of so many and despite all of the best intentions, there will always be a cat that disagrees with what you do. It's very difficult and I believe I still have a lot to learn. But I am trying my best." His gaze focused on his paws, something that was very uncharacteristic of Grousestar, normally he enjoyed maintaining eye-contact, but it was clear that he was speaking what he truly thought. It was hard, it was a job he never thought he would have to take. The disappearance of his best friend.. It was hard.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?