Today 02:38 AM

Old November 11th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @Leo the Loke

Juniperpaw was quickly on her paws, whipping around at the sound of the plants forming the den entrance rustle. She found herself facing a young kit she recognized as Perchkit, and who she assumed was his mother - what was it...? Holly... Hollydawn! Yes, thats it. Her gaze was drawn to the young kit before her, and she adopted a sympathetic expression as he claimed his stomach hurt. Juniperpaw didn't even acknowledge the mother whose worry seemed to radiate off her in waves. She was focused intently on Perchkit, her patient, who had just sunk to the floor, tears lining his eyes. He was obviously in pain.

The young medicine cat who was practically a kit herself lowered her head until she was level with the tom. ``Hello, kit. I'm Juniperpaw, and I'm going to help you get better, okay?`` In all honesty, Juniperpaw didn't know what to do. This was her first patient, and she had only the basic knowledge of herbs. The kit didn't seem to be injured on the outside, based off what he claimed and what Juniperpaw saw. It was a stomach issue, she knew that much, but she didn't know of any herbs that would be of much use for the poor kit.

She didn't feel comfortable moving the tom, so she instead let him lie where he was, and then Juniperpaw went with her instincts. ``Could you roll over for me? So I could get to your stomach? I'm going to just press gently on your belly, alright? Tell me when it hurts?`` Juniperpaw moved to the kits' flank, closer to Hollydawn who hovered nearby. She didn't even look at the awaiting mother, who would probably soon be very upset with Juniperpaw. Carefully, the apprentice brought her paws to the kit's side and began to press her toes to the kit's belly. She searched for hardness or anything that wasn't normal, and she listened for whenever Perchkit may claim pain. She was only doing what she thought Geckoleaf might've done.
@Leo the Loke

"O-ok," Perchkit murmured. This is exactly what he had been afraid of, getting poked. With another glance at his mother, who had reassured him that he'd feel better the little tabby tom rolled onto his back gingerly. He winced as she pressed don here and there. No place on his belly felt good, but when the medicine cat pressed where his stomach was, he yelped in pain and curled his body into a ball, defensively covering his abdomen. A sob racked his body. "That hurt!" he said, looking at Juniperpaw with an irate expression, face twisted in pain. "Mommy, can't I just go back to my nest? I just wanna, slee-" Perchkit's words were cut off as his stomach suddenly gave a reflexive heave. Half-digested milk came spilling out, and as the kit looked at the mess on the den floor, there was a brightness mixed in. He'd seen enough warriors come back with wounds after the battle at the gathering to know that it was blood. "M-mommy?" he stammered, eyes wide with alarm and fear.

Old November 11th, 2017, 07:22 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Leo the Loke

"O-ok," Perchkit murmured. This is exactly what he had been afraid of, getting poked. With another glance at his mother, who had reassured him that he'd feel better the little tabby tom rolled onto his back gingerly. He winced as she pressed don here and there. No place on his belly felt good, but when the medicine cat pressed where his stomach was, he yelped in pain and curled his body into a ball, defensively covering his abdomen. A sob racked his body. "That hurt!" he said, looking at Juniperpaw with an irate expression, face twisted in pain. "Mommy, can't I just go back to my nest? I just wanna, slee-" Perchkit's words were cut off as his stomach suddenly gave a reflexive heave. Half-digested milk came spilling out, and as the kit looked at the mess on the den floor, there was a brightness mixed in. He'd seen enough warriors come back with wounds after the battle at the gathering to know that it was blood. "M-mommy?" he stammered, eyes wide with alarm and fear.
Hollydawn nuzzled him,fear in her eyes,"y-you'll be ok, won't he Juniperpaw?" She turned to the medicine cat.

Mudnose padded into the den,"oh, there you are, I was looking to play w-" he cut himself off with a gasp when he saw the mess on the floor next to a crying Perchkit. With horror in his eyes he asked,"w-what h-happened!?"
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

@Charmer @AbsurdJinx @Leo the Loke

Bramble rushed into the medicine den. "What happened!" He meowed as he sat next to Hollydawn.
"What's wrong with Perchkit?" The tom dropped into a crouch and licked Perchkit's ears.

[Le writers block for first post]

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; November 11th, 2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Flameleaf View Post
@Charmer @AbsurdJinx @Leo the Loke

Bramble rushed into the medicine den. "What happened!" He meowed as he sat next to Hollydawn.
"What's wrong with Perchkit?" The tom dropped into a crouch and licked Perchkit's ears.

[Le writers block for first post]
@AbsurdJinx @Leo the Loke

Perchkit looked up, shakily, his little body trembling violently. "I'm sorry, daddy. I made a mess." Another violent heave overtook him, but this time there was nothing left in his stomach. Instead the little tom retched painfully for a few seconds before lying his head on his paws with a miserable groan. "My belly..."

Old November 11th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Bramble gently pressed his nose into his fur. "Shh. Shh. I'm not mad." He whispered. "I'm not mad. I'm just worried. I... I'm worried about you."

Character Site

Old November 11th, 2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Flameleaf View Post
Bramble gently pressed his nose into his fur. "Shh. Shh. I'm not mad." He whispered. "I'm not mad. I'm just worried. I... I'm worried about you."
Hollydawn licked her sons head comfortingly, not knowing what to say.

Mudnose looked at Juniperpaw,"is there anything I can do to help?!"

@Charmer @AbsurdJinx
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old November 12th, 2017, 10:50 AM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@Charmer @Leo the Loke @Spooky-Flameleaf

Juniperpaw felt her heart race nervously. So many cats were depending on her to save this poor kit. She sharply pulled her paws away the second Perchkit cried out, curling up even tighter due to intense pain. When a mixture of milk and blood erupted from his mouth, Juniperpaw knew the issue had to be internal. She didn't even know how to treat wounds from the outside - how would she treat the poor kit who was suffering from within? ``Just lie still, Perchkit, alright? Don't move. I must speak with your parents now.``

The apprentice then shuffled closer to Hollydawn and the other felines, a grim expression on her face. In a whisper low enough to be unheard by Perchkit, Juniperpaw passed on the news, ``I believe you're son is suffering from an internal issue. He's hurting from the inside, and I'm not aware of any herbs that can heal such a wound.`` She shook her head sadly, gazing sympathetically at Hollydawn. There was nothing Juniperpaw could do, unless...

``I- I can stop his pain,`` She croaked quietly, voice breaking with sadness. ``I- I can give him a painless journey to StarClan.`` Juniperpaw was offering to feed Perchkit a deathberry, which would send him into an endless sleep, but she would not give the suffering kit the berry without the family's permission.
Old November 12th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Juniperpaw felt her heart race nervously. So many cats were depending on her to save this poor kit. She sharply pulled her paws away the second Perchkit cried out, curling up even tighter due to intense pain. When a mixture of milk and blood erupted from his mouth, Juniperpaw knew the issue had to be internal. She didn't even know how to treat wounds from the outside - how would she treat the poor kit who was suffering from within? ``Just lie still, Perchkit, alright? Don't move. I must speak with your parents now.``

The apprentice then shuffled closer to Hollydawn and the other felines, a grim expression on her face. In a whisper low enough to be unheard by Perchkit, Juniperpaw passed on the news, ``I believe you're son is suffering from an internal issue. He's hurting from the inside, and I'm not aware of any herbs that can heal such a wound.`` She shook her head sadly, gazing sympathetically at Hollydawn. There was nothing Juniperpaw could do, unless...

``I- I can stop his pain,`` She croaked quietly, voice breaking with sadness. ``I- I can give him a painless journey to StarClan.`` Juniperpaw was offering to feed Perchkit a deathberry, which would send him into an endless sleep, but she would not give the suffering kit the berry without the family's permission.
"N-no I-I couldn't stand by and watch my son be killed... Even if painlessly... I would have to leave, and I think that would scare him. Isn't there anything you could do!? Yarrow!? Catmint!?" She was just blurting out random herbs now,"Juniper!? Borage!? Burdock!? Horsetail!?"

Mudnose looked sadly at Juniperpaw,"do you want me to get water for him?"
Old November 12th, 2017, 11:26 AM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Juniperpaw looked to Mudnose, nodding in approval. She needed to convince Hollydawn that Perchkit would rather go painlessly than in pain. Surely she wouldn't let her own son suffer? ``Yes, please, that may be best.`` She then focused her attention on Hollydawn, gazing directly into the upset mother's eyes. She straightened her posture, hoping to get her point across by looking professional and confident. Juniperpaw spoke firmly, yet compassionately. She spoke like a mother scolding her kits, but she also spoke like she knew this wouldn't be easy. ``I'm sorry, Hollydawn, but I can't do anything else for him. I can only end his pain quickly and cleanly, or I can let him suffer. I won't make you watch, I won't make you stay, but it would be best for Perchkit if you stayed strong for him. I encourage you to go up to him, lie next to him, and talk to him without telling him the truth, without crying. Perchkit is relying on you to be strong for him. You can cry when its over. But first, how do you want it to end? Do you want him to go in pain, or painlessly? I'll give you time to decide. I understand this cannot be easy.``

And with that, Juniperpaw turned around and padded away from Hollydawn, closer to Perchkit and who she assumed was his father. She hoped the father would become involved in the conversation, she hoped he'd comfort Hollydawn and help decide Perchkit's fate. She figured she'd get him going. ``Excuse me?`` Juniperpaw meowed to Bramble. ``I believe Hollydawn would like to speak with you.`` She then crouched beside Perchkit, smiling softly at the kit. ``Don't you worry, Perchkit. I'm going to end your pain, alright?``

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; November 12th, 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old November 12th, 2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
@Charmer @Leo the Loke @Spooky~Flameleaf

Juniperpaw looked to Mudnose, nodding in approval. She needed to convince Hollydawn that Perchkit would rather go painlessly than in pain. Surely she wouldn't let her own son suffer? ``Yes, please, that may be best.`` She then focused her attention on Hollydawn, gazing directly into the upset mother's eyes. She straightened her posture, hoping to get her point across by looking professional and confident. Juniperpaw spoke firmly, yet compassionately. She spoke like a mother scolding her kits, but she also spoke like she knew this wouldn't be easy. ``I'm sorry, Hollydawn, but I can't do anything else for him. I can only end his pain quickly and cleanly, or I can let him suffer. I won't make you watch, I won't make you stay, but it would be best for Perchkit if you stayed strong for him. I encourage you to go up to him, lie next to him, and talk to him without telling him the truth, without crying. Perchkit is relying on you to be strong for him. You can cry when its over. But first, how do you want it to end? Do you want him to go in pain, or painlessly? I'll give you time to decide. I understand this cannot be easy.``

And with that, Juniperpaw turned around and padded away from Hollydawn, closer to Perchkit and who she assumed was his father. She hoped the father would become involved in the conversation, she hoped he'd comfort Hollydawn and help decide Perchkit's fate. She figured she'd get him going. ``Excuse me?`` Juniperpaw meowed to Bramble. ``I believe Hollydawn would like to speak with you.`` She then crouched beside Perchkit, smiling softly at the kit. ``Don't you worry, Perchkit. I'm going to end your pain, alright?``
Mudnose nodded and paced around looking for a nice big chunk of moss. While he was looking though he couldn't suppress a sympathetic glacé in Hollydawn's direction. He had grown fond of Perchkit but surely not as fond as his mother was of him. He picked up the moss and soaked it nice and good in water. As soon as it was dripping wet and heaving in his jaws he slowly walked up to Perchkit, not wanting to swing or bounce the moss so that the kit would get the most water possible from this moss. He lowered his head and kept the moss right in front of the kit's nose but not putting it down, as he didn't want the little cat to be drinking any mud. He thought of the times he had played with the kit. Even sometimes when he tried his best Perchkit would win against him. But now, to see him as weak and scared as this broke Mudnose's heart. He felt, deep down in his soul that this kit would be welcomed into StarClan as a true and noble warrior, unlike some cats out there.