Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 03:53 AM

Old November 7th, 2021, 11:34 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

RiverClan Haven Springs

Haven Springs

Home to two natural hot springs, that are filled with hot water. To get to it, cats will have to cross a rather rundown looking Twoleg bridge that goes over an empty streambed.

Perfect for a day of relaxation, especially in the colder moons. Surrounded by smooth pebbles and rocks with a mound stretching above, providing an overhanging ledge. This is the one source of water that doesn't seem to freeze over...

Not much water prey can be found here, but a few birds, lizards, and some land prey can be seen scurrying about. A perfect place to hang out, relax, and great for warriors to unwind after a strenuous day.

Last edited by BEAR.; September 22nd, 2022 at 10:15 PM.
Old November 7th, 2021, 11:34 PM
chirps

Default Re: Haven Springs

Things in RiverClan had been flowing much more smoothly as the days went on. Kestrelstar had headed out rather early in the day to get some hunting down out near Cattail Pond. With a few trout now buried near the bank, the tom had made a detour on his way home.

Cutting quickly through the Thicket and towards the base where the real journey to Lionsrange began, the leader found his attention was drawn by... was that fog? Bits of mist swirled around his paws and the tom halted, confusion crossing his expression. The sun had risen into the sky and was making it's descent already, so any sort of fog was baffling. Still though, Kestrelstar decided to veer off and allow his white paws to traverse the terrain, jaw parted slightly and ears alert for any signs of predators nearby.

After a bit of walking - and a quick determination that he was somewhere between the Thicket and Lionsbeach, Kestrelstar halted. Nose twitching, head ducked low as he stalked forward, passing underneath some excess foliage to reveal... a weird looking Twoleg bridge of sorts covered in moss, and beyond that two ponds?

Cautiously, the RiverClan leader crept forward, examining the moss-covered bridge before him before crossing it and coming to a stop at the edge of the first pond. Even from where he was Kestrelstar could feel the heal warm his chest, the temptation to dip a paw in rather strong. Slowly he eased one forepaw in. The hot water was shocking at first until it gave way to a general feeling of relaxation washing over him. It took a few moments, but soon the gray tabby was slipping up to his shoulders, muscles instantly relaxing. Something about the water seemed so comforting and welcoming, and he allowed his yellow eyes to close as he just floated.

Such peace... serenity... And in the heart of RiverClan territory as well. "This would be a nice place to have come leaf-bare..." the leader thought to himself, opening his eyes to glance around. He stayed in the pond for a few more moments, noting the scenery around him. Pebbles littered the pathway as marsh turned into smooth stone. Behind the first pool he was in was a little rise, marked by the incline of wet rocks leading up to yet another pool. A tall mound reared up in the back, providing an overhanging ledge where springy wildflowers dotted the rather empty space.

A smile came to his face as he nodded, emerging from the pool and fluffing his fur out against the now even chillier breeze. That would take some getting used to, but the pros for obtaining this as part of RiverClan territory far outweighed any cons. With a final nod to the territory and a quick marking, Kestrelstar turned and set off on a rather quick pace back towards camp.

Last edited by spade; November 7th, 2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old November 8th, 2021, 12:08 AM
chirps

Event [#event]

[Prior to this: Kestrelstar returned to the Clan to announce he had something exciting to show the rest of the Clan, and a reward for all of their hardwork. Those who wished to join were welcome to follow!]

As Kestrelstar led his Clan through the thick of the territory on a rather well trodden path, he couldn't help but smile. Sure, things could definitely be going better for the leader - memories of his back to back blow outs with Skysplash and Morningpaw still lingered in his mind. But he was beginning to latch onto the moments that made him proud to be RiverClan's leader; his talk with Plumstorm, being able to lean on Snakeheart and Splashleap once more. Slowly but surely, things in RiverClan were returning to normal, and to cement it the leader wanted to take a moment to provide relaxation for RiverClan.

Snaking his way around a few reeds and over scattered pebbles, Kestrelstar came to a halt. Beyond his paws stretched the long journey to Lionsrange, but he wasn't interested in going back out there again. Instead, he took a right and continued through a rather thick patch of foliage. Ducking under a frond, he emerged into a rather spacious outcropping, where the soil turned to pebbly rocks and the steam from a few ponds up ahead mingled with the crisp air. He gave a nod to those behind him to state that it was okay as he gingerly crossed the rotted, moss-covered twoleg bridge, jumping down onto the other side.

Kestrelstar signaled with his tail for the rest of the Clan who had decided to join him to wait where they were as he trekked on ahead, leaping up to one of the more larger stones. "Cats of RiverClan! I want to introduce you to a new section I have claimed for RiverClan's territory: Haven Springs! These pools you see around me are not like those you'll find at Cattail. These are warm, providing extra heat and warmth despite the bone-chilling air leaf-bare usually brings. Take your time slipping into them as they are hot, but once you've warmed up they can be quite relaxing. I want to take the day as a Clan to relax. Share tongues, tell stores, laugh. Recognize how each and every one of you are valuable warriors of RiverClan, and who have pledged their loyalty. I know the past few moons... have been challenging. A lot of that falls on my paws. But today is not about me; today is about celebrating RiverClan and all we have been through."

Kestrelstar paused momentarily to let his gaze sweep the gathered crowd. He hoped that a majority of the Clan had showed up, minus kits and a few queens since this was pretty far outside of camp. He was sure they were getting along just fine back inside the safety of the camp walls what with a majority of the Clan gone.

"Apprentices, you're welcome to create games for each other to play. Warriors, feel free to pass along any skills you have. But for the most part, I want you all to take a moment to breath. You are the best part of RiverClan, and furthermore make me proud to be a leader of such exceptional cats. Now, enjoy the day!"

With that the gray tabby leapt off the large rock towards the middle and weaved his way back into the gathered crowd.

Introducing...

HAVEN SPRINGS!

Home to two natural hot springs that have been claimed by Kestrelstar as part of RiverClan's territory.

This event is open to all Warriors, Apprentices, and Elders! Queens and Kits are required to remain in camp during this event

It is an open event where apprentices can all mingle together and share training progress, warriors can share tongues. Some ideas for your cats to do:

- Set up a game of moss ball
- Recall stories of Clan history
- Share and teach different training techniques
- Relax in the hot springs and just breathe

Every 24 hours I will be making a post with Kestrelstar making his way around and speaking to everyone participating. Those who's characters participate will get a simple headshot* of their character drawn and doodled by yours truly. This is to drum up activity for this new location in RiverClan territory!

This event will run from 11/7/2021 until 11/14/2021. I will be ending it at 11:59pm PST next Sunday!

NO NEED TO MENTION ME OR QUOTE THIS POST!

*Headshot limit one per user. If you have more than one character participating, I will select which character gets the headshot.

Last edited by spade; November 8th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.
Old November 8th, 2021, 12:26 AM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Excited murmurs all around as they were being led. Kestrelstar had said it was something good. Something good for the entire clan to see? She was definitely excited as she was hanging around the middle of the pack. Hearing the creaking of the boards from the run-down twoleg bridge underpaw as they traveled. Eventually the air got a bit steamier, hotter, and she was wondering if there was a fire nearby!

Then, she saw it. The hot springs! Absolutely amazed, it was such a wonder that the earth could just naturally produce something like this! She looked around at her clanmates. Some would likely be hesitant to step in, so she decided to set an example.

Stepping away from the group, then letting out a yowl as she charged forward! Straight past Kestrelstar and took a huge dive off the overhanging ledge, her paws flailing as she not so majestically soared through the air! With a huge SPLASH! Sending waves of hotspring water flying out from the pool, more than likely splashing some of those that were unfortunate enough to be standing close.

Appearing back out from under the water. It certainly was pretty hot, and she was worried it was going to burn her, but as she started swimming towards the edge of the pool, her body acclimated to the temperature and it felt juuuuuuuuuuuuust right. "Cmon in everyone! Its perfect!"

(Open to everyone!)

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.

Last edited by Dizerel; November 8th, 2021 at 12:50 AM.
Old November 8th, 2021, 12:41 AM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Cricketsting followed his leader to an unknown area that he had never seen before in his life. He watched Kestrelstar leapt on a large rock. Listening to the start of the announcement, the young warrior grumbled quietly. “Why couldn’t you say that at River Streamstone instead of walking tree-lengths here!” His ears laid back to his skull in frustration. Did the leader seriously have an empty life that he must take a loonnngg hike to an area that could’ve been mentioned at camp? Listening closely to the second part, he fell his eyes onto the pools that let out steam.

Hmm maybe I’ll give you an exception for once, Kestrelstar of the great RiverClan. Cricketsting mused to himself. His paws itched and stretched the grass floor to leap into one of them, but it would be disrespectful to not pay attention to the leader’s words. Warmth filled his stomach as he heard that it was time to relax for once, for RiverClan! Maybe, just maybe, Cricketsting could take a break from making up tales to frighten apprentices.

The light-cream tomcat pressed his right front paw to the water surface. It stung his toes a little and flinched. After licking it, he does it again. This time he made himself hold his ground. Soon the sting became nothing more than a memory that Cricketsting had forgotten. Soon, the warrior used his other front paw onto the surface, but it was far from the slope, and the young tabby fell in. He floated inside the pond until he lifted himself and pushed to the wall. He licked his chest fur to hide embarrassment.

Loneliness growled inside his heart. Sure it was nice to relax, but he was used to conversations, mainly with Codpaw and his new apprentice, um… Fishpaw? What truly matters is that Cricketsting really needed someone to talk to!

[Open]

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old November 8th, 2021, 01:03 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Codpaw**

The chance for an adventure would never be turned down, but there was something even sweeter about the leader suggesting the adventure. Codpaw smiled at the thought of going exploring without the looming risk of getting into trouble for it. This would be a completely legitimate and warranted outting. So of course, he was more than happy to follow Kestrelstar out of camp and over the path through their territory. He hopped willingly, trusting, onto the old twoleg bridge and followed their leader to an expanse of rocks surrounding a couple of steaming ponds. He cocked his head curiously, keeping his eyes on the curious ponds as Kestrelstar hopped onto a rock and made his announcements. New Riverclan territory, so he wouldn't even have to sneak off to come explore the place on his own, it was his territory now."Are we sure the twolegs won't return for this?" He mumbled mostly to himself. He wasn't worried, if the twolegs did return they could address it then, more so simply thinking aloud.

Codpaw took Kestrelstar's release and padded curiously towards the water. The steam billowing up danced in odd swirls into the crisp leaf-fall air. It had a sharp scent but it wasn't of twoleg. He'd never seen anything like it and it seemed unnatural that it was water that wasn't cold. A cat whisked past him and leapt into the water, sending a warm spray over him, contrasting unnaturally to the cold air. He shook his spotted pelt out and grinned. He slowly slipped one paw in then another and lowered himself gradually into the hot water. He figured he still preferred the refreshing bite of the cold water but this warmth was sending a sort of looseness through his muscles. Alright, maybe there were some decent benefits to this hot water. He settled into the water and let his eyes take in everything happening around him.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old November 8th, 2021, 01:35 AM

Bump Policy: after 3 days!!
My Mood: Inspired

~ HAZELPAW

Hazelpaw looked up, frowning slightly, as she heard Kestrelstar's call.She carefully eased it off her face, replacing her frowny expression with a neutral one.

The apprentice glanced around. She spotted her good friend Codpaw resting in one of the pools, and some other cats. Taking a deep breath, Hazelpaw padded to one of the pools, and stepped back as she spotted a silvery stuff that seemed to be rising from the cool-blue surface. She hesitated, and then casually dipped her paw in.

It was scalding hot, but after a few heartbeats, the heat sent little sparks of warmth along Hazelpaw's pelt. She hadn't noticed she was cold until that. There was only one moon left until leaf-bare rolled around once more, and the winds whistling through the trees were already chilly.

Hazelpaw climbed in, the surface rippling as she felt the ground with her paws. The height of the pool wasn't too tall, and Hazelpaw sat down, watching as water eddied around her pelt. It was nice, feeling this warm. She hadn't been so comfortable in moons.

Kestrelstar should've called this Heaven Springs, she thought as she closed her eyes for a moment, letting her own stressed self relax.

She felt kinda sluggish nd lethargic though, just sitting here. Slowly, Hazelpaw slunk out, dripping water droplets onto the ground. Frowning again, she shook herself vigorously, spraying water drops everywhere.

Last edited by alaskaa; November 8th, 2021 at 04:40 AM.
Old November 8th, 2021, 02:12 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Dizerel

Lotusheart wasn't expecting this in the slightest. The massive cat was used to Kestrelstar shouting about ward and training and stuff, not relaxation. She wasn't sure what to think. When Junipersong seemed to have confirmed it was safe, Lotusheart dipped a paw. And then another. It was quite nice actually. The huge white cat had floofy fur that floated everywhere.
With a pang of pain she realized Gingerfrost would have loved this. But she didn't like swimming, did he? She was suddenly weirded out by herself. She hadn't thought about him in a while. Why remember now? It pained her, honestly. She wanted to distract herself. So she turned to Junipersong. Man, it was refreshing to not have to look down to look someone in the eye. The two were approximately the same size.
"Wonder what's making them warm." she said.

Lizardfrost was very very confused. She had no idea what was happening. Where was the training? Did the leader say relaxation? That can't be right. She walked around the pools and poked them curiously. Warm. She still didn't know what she was expected to do. All the things Kestrelstar listed seemed unnececarry. She turned to Junipersong, confused.
"What is everyone doing? How are we supposed to train with this?" she asked.
Old November 8th, 2021, 02:34 AM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Dizerel

Lotusheart wasn't expecting this in the slightest. The massive cat was used to Kestrelstar shouting about ward and training and stuff, not relaxation. She wasn't sure what to think. When Junipersong seemed to have confirmed it was safe, Lotusheart dipped a paw. And then another. It was quite nice actually. The huge white cat had floofy fur that floated everywhere.
With a pang of pain she realized Gingerfrost would have loved this. But she didn't like swimming, did he? She was suddenly weirded out by herself. She hadn't thought about him in a while. Why remember now? It pained her, honestly. She wanted to distract herself. So she turned to Junipersong. Man, it was refreshing to not have to look down to look someone in the eye. The two were approximately the same size.
"Wonder what's making them warm." she said.

Lizardfrost was very very confused. She had no idea what was happening. Where was the training? Did the leader say relaxation? That can't be right. She walked around the pools and poked them curiously. Warm. She still didn't know what she was expected to do. All the things Kestrelstar listed seemed unnececarry. She turned to Junipersong, confused.
"What is everyone doing? How are we supposed to train with this?" she asked.
Perking her ears as the first of her clanmates approached. "Hmmm. Im not really sure. When I stand on my back paws, the rock at the bottom feels a bit hotter than the water. So maybe its heating it up? but why would rock be hot?" Awkwardly standing on her back feet in the deeper part of the springs. Big cats like them would be some of the only ones who could 'stand up' at practically any part of the spring.

While standing on one's back paws in the water was good for strengthening the legs and improving balance, Junipersong was not here for training. So walking away from the deeper parts of the springs to somewhere she could relax and not exert herself. She wasnt content just to find a nice spot, though. Starclan as her witness, she was going to find the coziest damn spot possible in the hot springs and then likely come here very often to relax in it.

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.

Last edited by Dizerel; November 8th, 2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old November 8th, 2021, 04:35 AM
Whoop whoop

Bump Policy: Every 15hrs!

Stonedapple♥

She yawned, this was a pleasant surprise, she jumped to her paws, running into the crowd. "Duck! Duckslip!" She mewed, trying to find the cat she held so dearly. She soon ran out of energy considering the fact she had been expecting for awhile now, she huffed, looking up,
turning to see a few cats she recognized. She shook her head, she atleast needed to find Greypaw, the poor apprentice didn't even know she wouldn't be able to train him soon.
@seeingstars

Last edited by Rxcket_p; November 8th, 2021 at 04:47 AM.