Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM
well that didn't go as...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 02:21 AM

Old November 13th, 2017, 11:54 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default The medicine cat

Fallowkit flickered her blue eyes open and glanced down slowly at her silver pelt I’m beautiful...I wonder what my littermates look like! excitement bubbled in her chest as she slowly glanced at her brother, Icekit He’s all white and has green eyes... she dragged her eyes over to her sister, Ivykit She has silver fur like me and has green eyes. She nervously glanced at her father who had just entered He’s all white and has blue eyes.... she turned to her mother who had silver fur and green eyes. She smiled and finally spoke her first sentence,” Mother. What color are my eyes?” She awaited a response.

Hawksong, her mother smiled,” You have blue eyes like your father, Fallowkit.” Little did she know that first moon would be her last fun moon in her kithood.

She smiled at Icekit and Ivykit,” Come on! Hawksong and Snowclaw are out for a hunt why don’t we have fun while Bluenose watches us! Bluenose? Can we go play in the clearing?” Fallowkit called out to the queen watching, she knew Bluenose was often tired due to expecting kits, so she had no intentions of causing trouble,” I want to play in the snow.”

Bluenose heaved herself up,” Alright, not for long though kits.” She settled down in the doorway of the nursery.

Fallowkit scooped up a little snow and chucked it at Icekit,” I got you!”
Icekit threw one back, as did Ivykit. Snowballs were flying everywhere. It grew dark and they headed in. Fallowkit and Icekit settled down next to Bluenose. Ivykit’s stomach growled,” Bluenose, when will Mother be back. I’m hungry. And you can’t give us milk...”
Fallowkit nodded,” Yeah...”
Icekit was already asleep.
Bluenose paused,” I don’t know. I’ll get you three kits a small vole. We need to feed you kits.” She went out to get prey for them and also notify Hollowstar of their disappearance.
At dawn Bluenose nosed the three kits,” Your parents were found.” She was rather sullen and quiet.
Icekit smiled,” Yay. Where is mom?”
Fallowkit was puzzled by her behavior and bit her lip.
Ivykit cocked her head trying to find her mother.
Bluenose hung her head,” Your father, Snowclaw was covered in blood and is dead. I’m sorry kits.”
Icekit blinked,” Oh..Where’s Hawksong our mother. I’d pressume she’s grieving in the clearing.”
Fallowkit didn’t even realize it, but pools of tears formed Snowclaw is dead...no...that’s impossible...If he was found covered in blood did a badger or fox attack them? Or did Hawksong attack him...or is there a murderer. she whispered,” May Starclan light his path. Is Mother is the medicine cat den?”

Ivykit let out a loud wail,” He-he said he’d play with me tomorrow!” She colapsed in sorrow.

Bluenose sighed,” And Hawksong, your mother...is also dead. I’m sorry kits. I hope you’ll accept me raising you sweethearts.” She meowed licking each of them.
Icekit growled,” Foxdung!” He stormed off to his nest.
Ivykit curled into a ball crying.
Fallowkit was silent,” Alright. I can tolerate you raising me.”

A moon passed and Bluenose had her kits.
Bluenose glanced at Lightningfur,” Look at the two kits. They’ll hopefully get along with Icekit, Ivykit, and Fallowkit.”

Lightningfur nodded,” Hopefully. Let’s name the she-kit Hawkkit after our adoptive-kits mother and the tom Snowkit?”

Bluenose frowned,” Or we can let them name the kits, Icekit, Ivykit, Fallowkit can you come and help us name the kits?”

Ivykit started at the tom-kit,” Ooh how about Harekit!”

Icekit paused at the tom-kit,” or Snowkit for our father.”

Fallowkit paused,” I vote Harekit.”

Harekit suckled silently muttering the word,” Harekit.”

Bluenose smiled ,” Harekit it is then. The she-kit?”

Fallowkit smiled,” Hawkkit!”

Icekit purred,” Ivorykit!”

Ivykit smiled,” Hawkkit?”

Bluenose purred,” Hawkkit it is.”

A moon passed.

Ivykit and Icekit played with Hawkkit and and Harekit. But Fallowkit was drawn to the medicine cat den asking Berrybelly to seee if they had any dreams of her parents, but there was never news of her parents from Berrybelly.

Apprenticehood arrived.

Hollowstar yowled,” Let all cats gather. Will the three parentless kits please step forward.”
Fallowkit approached.
Ivykit approached.
Icekit growled,” Bluenose and Lightningclaw are our parents.” But he approached.

Hollowstar muttered something under his breathe,” Icekit from this day until your a warrior you’ll be known as Icepaw, Grousefur is your mentor. Ivykit from this day until your a warrior you’ll be known as Ivypaw, Honeycry is your mentor. Fallowkit, is it your wish to persue the ways of a medicine cat?”

Fallowkit lifted her chin as it trembled in pride,” It is.”

Hollowstar sighed,” If Starclan approves, you are known as Fallowpaw apprenticed to Berrybelly. You are dismissed.”

Fallowpaw smile,” Mom! I’m a Medicine cat apprentice!” She lept at Bluenose.

Bluenose started tearing up Fallowpaw just called me mom...oh my stars...I’ve proven worthy of a mother to Fallowpaw...,” D-Did I hear you correct. Did you just call me ‘mom’ ?” She asked then turned around,” Hawkkit! Harekit! Stop harrassing elderly Thornfur!” She called out turning her attention back to her daughter, her medicine cat apprentice.

Fallowpaw smiled,” I did. You’ve been more than a mother to me than Hawksong was. Tell Dad who’s on patrol that I’m a medicine cat apprentice for me, aight?” She meowed happily.

Bluenose nodded,” I will daughter.” She purred,” I don’t know if Ivypaw and Icepaw will ever call you mom, but I will.”

Berrybelly nosed Fallowpaw,” You coming with me and your littermates to tour the territory?”

Fallowpaw smiled,” See you later mom. I’d invite you to come along, but someone needs to watch Hawkkit and Harekit!” She purred.

Ivypaw approached,” What was that all about? Bluenose never cries?”

Fallowpaw smiled,” She was shocked I called her and Lightningclaw, mom and dad....that’s all. They deserve it after all.”

Ivypaw smiled,” I do call Lightningclaw dad, never called her mom though...”

Fallowpaw smiled,” That’s half as nice as me.”

Icepaw snorted,” They’ll never replace Hawksong and Snowclaw for me!”

Fallowpaw shrugged,” I won’t forget my biological parents, but I can always love my adoptive family, right? I mean Hawkkit and Harekit are my younger siblings.”

Ivypaw nodded,” True.”

Icepaw shrugged,” Adoptive younger siblings.”

Fallowpaw sighed,” Come on, our mentors are awaiting!” She bounded ahead Why is Icepaw so stone cold and like a machine?

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; November 13th, 2017 at 01:52 PM.