Today 09:22 AM
Thunderglade
by BEAR.
Last post by MangofDoom
Today 09:11 AM

Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:54 PM

My Mood: Confused
Default Um, Hi...

Hi there. I'm Violet and I'm new to this forum. Is anyone able to help me out with some stuff? First, how do you creat a cat? Or do you just not make one at all? Second, can someone teach me the ropes on how to roleplay here? Is it literate? Semi-literate? And finally, are there other types of roleplay on this site that isn't like a normal clan roleplay?

Thank you for helping me, have a great day.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Um, Hi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet View Post
Hi there. I'm Violet and I'm new to this forum. Is anyone able to help me out with some stuff? First, how do you creat a cat? Or do you just not make one at all? Second, can someone teach me the ropes on how to roleplay here? Is it literate? Semi-literate? And finally, are there other types of roleplay on this site that isn't like a normal clan roleplay?

Thank you for helping me, have a great day.
*cracks knuckles* alright here we go.

Creating a cat: just pick one of your characters, slap it into a clan, and start roleplaying! First you may want to hop on over to the Character Resources forum and make a thread there listing what you want for your cat, and make a form for other users to fill out. Then you pick out which one suits your needs and accept them!

Roleplaying: i believe it is semi-literate at the least. Doing this: Onewhisker: *claws Robinheart* isn't common here, and no one really likes doing that.. sorry if you do it. One sentence of roleplay is okay, but I guess not preferred. Four + sentences is great if you can do that! If you can't that's fine. No one will judge you because everyone here is super kind!

Other Roleplays: if you scroll all the way down there should be two sections. Alternative Warriors Roleplay, and Non-Warriors Roleplay. In Alternative Warriors Roleplay, you can post a thread involving your fan clan and start a roleplay there! In Non-Warriors Roleplay, you can post anything that isn't cat roleplays! That means: wolf roleplays, anime roleplays, game roleplays, etc.

Hope this helps! Check the FAQ for more info!

Last edited by Role; November 3rd, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old November 4th, 2017, 03:29 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Welcome. There is the not clan RPs. We have two forums on the bottom. One for made-up clans. One for non-cat RPs.

As for making a character:
I’d first take a look at @Rose Queen ‘s thread in the biography section, it’s stickied and will give you a great guide for creating a character, it’s not mandatory. But for a basis, since your new, I’d suggest making two characters to start with, one a kit, the other a warrior. Note: You’ll put more effort into the kit as it’ll be your special one that you raised from kithood.

First, find an apperance...it has to be realistic so no purple or blue fur. Then pick a breed that has that fur color, note: unless it has a kittypet heritage it can’t be purebred.
Now the backstory. Were they abandoned in the clans as a kit? If so maybe they are attatched to cats they love.
With that information, make a personality then the name.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; November 5th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Welcome to WCO! : )

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]
Old November 5th, 2017, 02:07 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Welcome to WCO!

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old November 6th, 2017, 11:40 AM
sushi

My Mood: Unpredictable

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:30 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Hello! Welcome!
If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaysdeceased characters
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:32 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Welcome to WCO Violet!
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:48 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

Welcome to WCO @Violet !

First of all, you may freak out about posts not posting immediately. As a new member, you're first 20 or so posts are monitored by the administrators and moderators so there isn't any spam, inappropriate content, etc. However, once you get over this little bump, everything will be smooth sailing!

Creating characters is allowed and a necessity to roleplay. You can have just one character, or you can have as many as you want. There are some guidelines to characters, such as no extraordinary colors, no wildcat breeds (such as a first generation Savannah Cat- although generations after that are allowed, I believe.), etc. Your character generally cannot have powers unless you receive a Power Card (which can no longer be bought in the Kitty Koins Bank.) Every character has the potential to become a high-rank, but not right away. As the Site Assistance states "Coined "high ranks" by the site's community, these positions must be earned. To be eligible for one, you must be active on-site for two months, show an exemplary understanding of the Guidelines, and be a friendly face around the forums. Leaders and medicine cats select their deputy and medicine cat apprentice, respectively, and this is done either by handpicking or launching public applications. Their selection must be approved by staff to ensure the user is eligible.
In the rare situation where there is no leader or medicine cat to select a successor, staff choose an individual to fill the rank.
"
If you'd like to be a Medicine Cat apprentice, you'll need to wait for the Medicine Cat's roleplayer to open up applications. Asking them on their profile, or the Leader's profile tends to be annoying, and for me personally it's a bad first impression. (Of course, it varies from person to person.)

Regarding your question on roleplaying, it's preferable to have posts that are 4+ sentences long. As long as your post is literate or semi-literate, you'll gain a good footing in the community as a great roleplayer, which is attractive in some aspects (i.e., heightens your chances to become a high rank). However, semi-literate to literate posts aren't necessary. You can have a great post within two sentences!

There are two sections that aren't typical 'clan roleplays'. The first of which, the Alternative Warriors Roleplay section focuses on roleplays involving cats; specifically fanclans and tribes. The second, and the slightly more popular section of the two, is the Non-Warriors Roleplay Section, which contains topics ranging from a regular highschool to a mystical land filled with dragons.

If you'd ever like to roleplay, hit me with a Visitor Message or Private Message!
Old November 11th, 2017, 02:11 AM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Welcome to WCO! I hope you have a wonderful time here!

For making a characters, I personally make them just for fun and sometimes never Roleplay with them, but I think the first step if covering out the base things about your character. Such as, gender, appearance and age. Then work on were they live, Twoleg place a clan etc, then Rank, warrior, queen, loner etc. After that personality is a must. Then you should ask a friend if they have a character to RP with yours or put out a finder for whatever your character needs/wants. After you have everything jump into any RP and have fun! It's that easy.

Hope to see you around!
@Violet