Today 06:50 AM

Old March 24th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardstrike4 View Post
"Hide the anger."
Lightpaw was quietly panting on the ground. Oh, how he hated running.
Eaglepaw shethed her claws and closed her eyes, controlling her temper. Saving it up for next time. Perhaps an unfortunate prank would hit Leafshred sometime soon.
Old March 24th, 2021, 03:04 PM
Snowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
Lightpaw was quietly panting on the ground. Oh, how he hated running.
Eaglepaw shethed her claws and closed her eyes, controlling her temper. Saving it up for next time. Perhaps an unfortunate prank would hit Leafshred sometime soon.
"Okay Eaglepaw, I want you to attack me." Leafshred said, getting up and looking at Lightpaw. "You look sleepy." He mewed to Lightpaw.

Please bump be after 24 hours, thanks!

~| Dragons|~
Old March 24th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardstrike4 View Post
"Okay Eaglepaw, I want you to attack me." Leafshred said, getting up and looking at Lightpaw. "You look sleepy." He mewed to Lightpaw.
Lightpaw just whimpered. Eaglepaw crouched and leaped at Leafshred.
Old March 26th, 2021, 01:08 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

→˚₊·* Amberglow
The tortoiseshell nodded and started to lead the way out of camp.

As they reached their destination, she immediately got started and sniffed the air. There seemed to be a fair quantity of prey from that initial sniff, so she was hoping they could get some good catches. "Alright," the molly said, "Do you want to do the first hunt?" She smiled warmly, letting Tawnypaw decide.
‧₊˚┊ @Bunny Dash - a bit late reply, sorry!

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧
Old April 8th, 2021, 03:02 PM
i am kenough

[ @Panda1440 ]

Rainywhisker didn't want to wait to move in on Iciclepaw. He'd gone to fetch her, under the guise of simply needing some extra paws on an herb-walk.

But walking together outside of camp, he'd been silent- Formulating the right way to say "Hey, you're going to be the next medicine cat's apprentice- Literally the next medicine cat though."

So they make it all the way to the Weeping Tree before the gray tom slows to a halt. He studies the marred trunk with a heavyset frown. Whoever vandalized the tree so cruelly deserved to be punished, perhaps even exiled if they were one of ThunderClan's own. That fire was atrocious, and Rainywhisker could still remember the lives lost. His own former apprentice had disappeared not IN the flames but after escaping. His heart was still heavy from the loss, and he still questioned why Duskstar never told him what had happened.

His copper eyes travel around the clearing. The pair were out at a pleasant time of day- Golden hour, just when the sun was setting down towards the horizon again. Everything would soon be bathed in gold.
"Iciclepaw, I know we haven't spoken before, so I can only imagine what you must be thinking." He gazes at her, the hint of a knowing smile teasing the corners of his lips. "You can relax though, you're not in trouble. Quite the opposite, really..."
He'd just cut right to the chase, as he always did. Even an apprentice would appreciate the concise approach hopefully. "I have just gotten out of a talk with Buckstar and we feel that, due to the resurgence of ice in dreams and signs given to both myself and to WindClan's medicine cat, Coldamber, your apprenticeship should be moved into different study. I believe that you will exceed expectations and push ThunderClan to new limits if you were to be an apprentice to the medicine cat."

Pausing, he allows her to absorb this information, while also studying the molly closely. Would she catch onto his wording there? Or would she only acknowledge the great amount of pressure he'd just given her. And this power of hers- Rainywhisker was immensely curious of the coming reaction.
Old April 8th, 2021, 04:49 PM
particles of stars

Iciclepaw was quiet surprised as well as worried when the medicine cat approached her. Though she was happy to go on a herb walk, thoughts where already filling up in the apprentice's head. Wh- what if... Rainywhisker found out about my meeting with Frostpaw,,, Right. The meeting with the previous medicine cat apprentice, who had attempted [and succeed] in killing Buckstar- then was killed again. She had approached Icicle in dreams and taught her some herbs. Although the place they meet surly wasn't StarClan- during her dream with Driftsong, StarClan had been much more pretty. Iciclepaw had of course not asked about this place, knowing very well it could give her encounter away.

As the tom started to talk, she was drawn back from her cage of thoughts. Oh- so I'm not in trouble,,, She didn't have much time to overthink what the opposite of being in trouble could be in this setting as Rainywhisker had resumed his speech. Iciclepaw tried her best to listen carefully, but was pretty shocked by the end. A few heartbeats pasted in which she said nothing- thought nothing even. Her mind was at a complete lack of thoughts- very unusual for the young apprentice. Soon her thoughts started jumbling up once more. She shook her head once. Then again. "Me- train to be a medicine cat,,," He knows about my power- must have heard about the apprentice den thing,,, mouse-brained nightmares. Though, wasn't the reason she agreed to Frostpaw's lessons because she wanted to help the clan- prevent more deaths... And I can do just that as ThunderClan's medicine cat apprentice.

"Oh- ,,, erm,, if- If your certain,,," she meowed at last. In no way did she notice Rainywhisker's special wording.

[ @implimm]
Old April 8th, 2021, 05:46 PM
i am kenough

[ @Panda1440 ]
Watching her move through her own mind quietly was interesting. The she-cat definitely seemed rather shy, something the warrior felt she would grow out of most likely. She would need a voice and a backbone of her own as time went on, after all. She'd never make it if she were to grow into this meek and unsure thing.
Despite his reservations on her self-confidence, Rainywhisker offers Iciclepaw an encouraging nod. "I am."

As the two of them stand there, the sun sinks deeper down the painted sky. As it crawls down behind the forest, shadows are cast in a masterful array around their paws. Where there was not shadow, there was beautiful gold that streaked over the terrain like liquid sunlight. Rainywhisker stands there quietly, looking around and just about getting lost in the moment while taking in the beauty he called home.
But it isn't a heartbeat sooner that he begins to notice something strange about the way that the sun fell over the clearing. Although there were many trees, the shadows and streaks of sunlight still seemed to line the forest floor unnaturally. Instead of the delicate branches lining the ground in shadow, the grass appeared to be striped, almost perfectly resembling a tabby-esque pelt.
The tom blinks to clear his eyes, but the vision doesn't go away. As he looks over to Iciclepaw, the warrior gets the overwhelming sense that he shouldn't make a sound.

While Iciclepaw takes in the scene as well- Likely also able to discern the strangeness of the sun-striped ground around them, she begins to feel a strange sensation in her head and down the back of her spine, like a Spidey Sense of sorts.
And then, she appears.
From the sunlight, the faintest ripple can be spotted and something emerges from thin air- A cat with star-laced features! Rainywhisker seems to take no notice, but to Iciclepaw, they are there clear as the sun around them.
This figure doesn't approach, nor are they any easier to make out when Iciclepaw hears a very real, very powerful ringing meow in her head.

"The sun rises with morning's ice, a howling cry to new light."

A heartbeat passes, and the figure fades away. Iciclepaw's odd feeling also resides, and soon all is as it was before.
Old April 9th, 2021, 07:19 AM
particles of stars

The apprentice looks at Rainywhisker and relaxes a bit as he nods. She still was somewhat uncertain, but pondering could be left for another time- Iciclepaw was immensely curious about the setting sun. It looked a little weird, although she couldn't pinpoint what was wrong. Then the feeling came. What's going on,,, th- This is weird,,, wh-

Her own thoughts where interrupted by a unidentifiable stary figure- she has no time to really think before the crazy loud voice rang in her head. It,,, it- was that a prophecy... ? Soon, the usual scene was back to normal. Iciclepaw turns to Rainywhisker.

"The sun rises with morning's ice, a howling cry to new light ...." She pauses to let the medicine cat take in what she just said. "I- i heard that in my head,,,, what,, do you think it means?"

[ @implimm]
Old April 10th, 2021, 08:32 AM
i am kenough

The dark gray marbled tabby stands and gazes over the clearing. He was in awe, marveling at the sight of it alone. When Iciclepaw speaks up, however, he pulls his attention away from the view and onto the apprentice, and she confirms something he'd thought may be the case. Well- He hadn't exactly stood there thinking 'this cat is getting a vision,' but the numbers did add up.
"You heard something just now?" His question wasn't really a pressing one, but more of an inspired echo. Rainywhisker couldn't help it- He gazes at the young she-cat in admiration. A moment later, he easily conceals it and shifts, motioning with his tail for her to follow as he begins to retrace their path back home.

This was the divide between StarClan and himself. The ability to communicate with them, to hear and see and comprehend his ancestors. Perhaps he was the rightful medicine cat of ThunderClan, because he was chosen by Buckstar, and Buckstar held power regardless of their starry predecessors. But Rainywhisker had the common sense to know not to overstep the boundaries that came with that. And he had the sense to see when StarClan accepted another cat as their medium for the Clan.
Iciclepaw was awesome.

But they had a prophecy, a sign of sorts, to now decipher. And they needed to go back to Buckstar. So the tom leads the apprentice home.
[ @Panda1440 ]
Old April 13th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Hello!

My Mood: Distracted

Beechkit lay under the willow, watching the prey scuttle by. Why catch prey when there is a whole pile of fresh-kill in camp? He yawned. Curling himself into a warm ball, he tucked his muzzle under his tail, and fell asleep.